Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Ladyinred4755
Msg: 205
Do successful men want higher maintenance women?Page 8 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)

She didn't want to have normal sex in a bed, she wanted to be tied up in a dungeon.
LMAO Oh dragonbits, I can only imagine the cost of purchasing, and the up keep for maintaining a dungeon. Too funny!............Anyhoooo. My interpretation of a "higher maintenance woman", is a combination of all of the above/before mentioned criteria. (including the dungeon, LOL) One way or the other, her expectations are, there will be a cash flow from either his bank account or hers, to meet her needs. If there is a "successful man" in this picture, then most likely, but not always, he will look for a "higher maintenance woman".
 Midwest_Southwest2
Msg: 206
Do successful men want higher maintenance women?
Posted: 11/14/2013 10:25:46 AM
I consider a high maintenance woman to be one that is on the needy side financially or emotionally.

That’s my view of it, too.
I think that there plenty of men- rich or not- who want a high maintenance woman (and women who want a high maintenance man) to feel good about themselves, to feel secure and needed. Some people even want it in order to feel more powerful than, better than, their partner- so that they feel strong, stronger than the hot house flower that needs tending or can't do without the provider, whether emotionally or financially.
 drivingharmony2
Msg: 207
Posted: 11/14/2013 8:32:26 PM
Paderic! Wow! I agree with your message #237! I will add just a little more .....if a woman orders an item off a menu at a restaurant then proceeds to alter everything about it......I consider that a bit on the high maintenance side.
Waiter: What can I get you?
Woman: I'll have the mahi mahi, but can I have only 1 mahi since I'm eating lighter these days. Plus, can you take the corn out of the vegetable mixture and decrust my roll as well. I'll drink a Shirley Temple but please no stem on my cherry......
==============Something like that..... :)
 Proteaus
Msg: 208
Posted: 11/14/2013 8:33:18 PM
I can not imagine why any man would want a high maintenance woman unless it was some kind of ego boost for the man . I forget the so called alpha may want the high maintenance woman because he would feel it boosts his status and his ego .
 Peppermint_Petunias
Msg: 209
view profile
History
Posted: 11/15/2013 4:38:40 AM
Some think high maintenance is "off ordering " from a menu.

"No croutons or cucumbers please, and dressing on the side".

Some think its 200 plus a month on hair and dresses by YSL

Like wants like, so pretty simple isn't it?
Never met a well groomed, well dressed *successful* man or woman that wants someone in flip flops and cut offs that cant bother to clean or shave themselves.
 Walts
Msg: 210
Posted: 11/15/2013 6:04:37 AM

Never met a well groomed, well dressed *successful* man or woman that wants someone in flip flops and cut offs that cant bother to clean or shave themselves.

I'm starting to slowly find that out about my crocs. Not the bright orange ones but, the dark green ones no one really seems to like. I'm very confused about that.
 SWEET_MAVERICK
Msg: 211
Posted: 11/15/2013 8:04:04 AM
High maintenance is an attitude, not an income or spending habit classification.

You can be well groomed and good looking with style without being high maintenance

Like wants like, so pretty simple isn't it?

Thank you- I do not know why so many people associate looking nice/stylish/attractive w/ "high maintenance"- a person can look like a slob & be emotionally high m. or look nice etc & be down to earth.

And if going to a formal event or a nice venue, what is wrong w/ a woman or a man primping?

And even everyday, what is wrong w/ 5 mins on hair & makeup?

in the old days, they used to call it self respect !
 MutedEnthusiasm
Msg: 212
Posted: 11/15/2013 10:02:07 AM
^^ in the old days, they used to call it self respect !

Indeed, back in the good old days, when we decided to go out and the lady in question would say “just give me five minutes – I need to check on my self respect,” we always knew what she meant.
 ladyc4
Msg: 213
Posted: 11/15/2013 10:21:45 AM
IMO, successful PEOPLE are those who are happy with their lives-which(again-IMO) is the direct opposite of "high maintenance".
To me, clean, comfortable,dressed appropriately for the occasion( did you ever try to whitewash the henhouse in a dress and heels? Absolute pain in the arse!)-
Hey if a person finds their happiness in life increased by having a partner that needs a lot of primping, grooming, money spending, etc- more power to 'em.
Me? I consider brushing the fleas off to be a vital part of preparing for a date...and finding my purple crocs...
lol.
Cindy O
 Peppermint_Petunias
Msg: 214
view profile
History
Posted: 11/15/2013 12:30:04 PM

I'm starting to slowly find that out about my crocs. Not the bright orange ones but, the dark green ones no one really seems to like. I'm very confused about that.

^^^^^^^^
Mine are beige and I have been horrified when I find out I have driven across town to be somewhere to do x with x at x time and haven't changed out of my DAM crocks.Mine have the disadvantage of being old.

JEEZ now that will put some humble pie right up your ( don't I flipping look good attitude) arz, right up there with being ALL turned out LOOK-IN GOOD with my miracle bra , the pants are painted on with no jiggling and my sorta high heels ( haven't tripped all night at least) and you walk out of the ladies room and your dam skin tight *rocking it* pants have toilet paper hanging out of them and you can't blame the booze because its only 8:30 and haven't had but half a glass.

Then there is the party dress you spend oodles on and nice hosiery that is ridiculous now. You ironed or rolled the hair the oiled it until it shines perfect, took you forever to get that youngish doe eyed look back with a wax pencil and other paraphernalia, covered the red blotch on the tip of your nose and your dress is stuffed in your panty hose in the rear.
Oh hell no you didn't wear drawers..panty lines would ruin THE look.

Oh yeah, an office party too.ALL MEN co workers with their wives.

I'm proud, what can I say?
 pageforyou
Msg: 215
Posted: 11/15/2013 1:05:37 PM
Good times, PP! I'd wing girl at parties with you any day. ;)

Never spent oodles on anything though. Just not in my nature.
My Mum used to say " ANYONE can look like a million bucks for a fortune!
Looking like a million bucks on 20$ or less, TOTAL, is a real skill!"

It's one I'll never forget and keeps me fed properly. :)
 DragonBits
Msg: 216
Posted: 11/15/2013 1:20:07 PM
I have a question?

I think of a woman as being high maintenance if she is driven to achieve ever higher levels of income and status. And if she is married, she pushes her husband to achieve these higher levels. However comfortable one's lifestle is, it is never enough. The women Trump married come to mind, and Trump is mostly concerned with status..

Most people think high maintenance is someone that wants to spend a lot of time on her appearance.

These things can go hand in hand, but to me they are separate. Someone could be comfortable camping out but still want to keep achieving more status, while someone can live in a trailer park and spend a lot of time on her appearance.

What do you call someone that makes their main goal in life attaining a high status?
 traveltrekker
Msg: 217
Posted: 11/15/2013 1:52:46 PM

What do you call someone that makes their main goal in life attaining a high status?

Pretentious and insecure.
 pageforyou
Msg: 218
Posted: 11/15/2013 3:29:03 PM

"Ambitious" to "extremely ambitious". ;)
 or_current_resident
Msg: 219
Posted: 11/15/2013 4:15:18 PM

You make some good points Dragon Bits in which way to find companion, etc…..depending on their ego, status, etc, over even love maybe,……….. but first in what cup of tea u like to drink as u too... right……….

Some guys & girls dig High Maintenance, high Ego, high status, high depression, high anxiety, high ramble…etc…. but for me in this stage of life…. is a no go for me…..on being on a free site…….to boot looking for love^^^^^^^^^hello

Like you fortunately , I have in my life ,someone who loves me for me & me for her…….We………….can I say that here………. have love & respect for each other……

Enjoy the week end…going to see the band," America " tonight! ^^^^^
 _babblefish
Msg: 220
Posted: 11/15/2013 4:19:14 PM

they may . .but they definitely don't want to know any lingering details of how she achieved that haute couture
look

a high maintenance woman is always an emotional vampire
 DragonBits
Msg: 221
Posted: 11/15/2013 5:19:43 PM

"Ambitious" to "extremely ambitious". ;)

Related but not the primary objective. One can be ambitious but want to remain inconspicuous / low key. Think Warren Buffet Vs Donald Trump.

By status what I am saying is wanting to on the top floor of the hotel when you are on the middle floor. Always looking for an upgrade, as in wanting a chauffeur and a maid.

I offered to be the chauffeur, but she told me her chauffeur is also her maid. Not as expensive as one might think, she lived in Hong Kong where labor is cheap.

She doubted my ability to be a maid, as I am not particularly neat. This is a true thing. I doubt I could do that myself. We were just joking, but many a true word is said in jest.

It takes ambition to achieve your goal of status, but the goal is to live a certain lifestyle.

I like having money, but also enjoy not over paying for brand name when generic is just as good.

She was IMO the type of woman that I would always need to always dominate. If I failed to do that, she would lose respect and really treat me like the help.

Worst of all, I was not impressed in bed, but perhaps if I had taken the more controlling / dominate approach this would have improved. If we had lived close together, I had a plan about how this could be accomplished without too much effort. But just an idle day dream as 7000 miles is quite an obstacle to this type of relationship.

Thus, IMO, high maintenance all around.
 Halcyon_Skies
Msg: 222
Posted: 11/15/2013 5:54:53 PM
You ironed or rolled the hair the oiled it until it shines perfect, took you forever to get that youngish doe eyed look back with a wax pencil and other paraphernalia, covered the red blotch on the tip of your nose and your dress is stuffed in your panty hose in the rear.

I can see where you might have been a bit em bare-assed.

Oh hell no you didn't wear drawers..panty lines would ruin THE look.

That's what you get for wearing panty hose when a thong and a little self-tanner on your legs would have sufficed. You've got to learn the shortcuts!
 Peppermint_Petunias
Msg: 223
view profile
History
Posted: 11/16/2013 4:28:49 AM

Looking like a million bucks on 20$ or less, TOTAL, is a real skill!"

Don't think I haven't HAD to learn.

You have to know what looks best on you from body type/ shape, length, and colors.

I think the last dress I bought ( not in a consignment shop or hand me down) was 29.95 on sale.
Its how you carry yourself and wear it more than the actual dress.

I do like a nice pair of panty hose though, It just makes me feel *polished* and at 16/18 bucks they will last 6-8 wears if you take care of them.

I can see where you might have been a bit em bare-assed.

^^^^^^^^Ha!
 pageforyou
Msg: 224
Posted: 11/16/2013 4:31:39 PM
I don't assume what anyone HAD to learn.

Ug ... Pantyhose?! People STILL wear those? Last time I tried, 15 years ago, I took them off in five minutes flat.
VERY constricting. ;) Thankful that I no longer work for someone, who has never worn them, but makes them a rule for employees, even when it's sweltering out.

When I am with a guy who is all nuts about a stockinged leg, that's just what I give him! Stockings.
Otherwise, Tights ,which are way less "tight" than pantyhose, work well for Canada's non bare legged seasons.
 Peppermint_Petunias
Msg: 225
view profile
History
Posted: 11/17/2013 4:01:30 AM

Ug ... Pantyhose?! People STILL wear those? Last time I tried, 15 years ago, I took them off in five minutes flat.
VERY constricting

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/11/11/fashion/pantyhose-is-back-in-style.html?_r=0

Yes we do. I dont find then constricting at all, keeps me warm in dresses, patterns and textures add to the look and no undies EVER!!!

I have always liked them.

They showed them under fall/winter shorts on the runway.

Look at the people that are designing and wearing top fashions.,Panty hose is back!!!

If they weren't I would still wear them.

You work with your more favorable assets and what you feel show them off imo, more than just whats the fad/thing anyway.
Don't like to much of a tan look on me thats fake, and to much sun is out.

http://health.excite.co.uk/thongs-can-wearing-them-pose-health-issues-N47297.html

Breeds bacteria. Talk about EWWWW

I think they feel like somethings in your bee-hind.I see women digging to pull them out in public.

Its good we all dont like the same or we all would dress the same.

I agree we should be comfortable.
 Halcyon_Skies
Msg: 226
Posted: 11/17/2013 7:57:00 AM
I don't wear the G-string type of thong that goes up your butt crack---it's more of a modified style that has a bit more fabric but still shows no panty lines.

As for panty hose, I personally don't like them, plus my guy doesn't think they're sexy; however, I agree with you---to each his own. We all should wear what we're comfortable with.
 Peppermint_Petunias
Msg: 227
view profile
History
Posted: 11/17/2013 11:47:47 AM

We all should wear what we're comfortable with.

Remember the DVF wrap dress?

Talk about comfy.
Flatters almost all shapes

Put it on , tie, throw on heels and "hose/no hose" and off ya go.

Their baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack
http://www.dvf.com/dresses/wrap-dresses/
 c_deacon
Msg: 228
view profile
History
Posted: 11/18/2013 10:14:11 AM
I have known a few "high maintenance" women over the years that did not wear that much make up, or need to have their hair in perfect order, but demanded that if they did want or need that, it would happen. It is much more the perception in my mind......the "princess" attitude the moves a woman from being an equal to becoming "high maintenance".

Being successful does not mean that we want "high maintenance", but rather that we can afford it if necessary. My preference is to have an equal on as many levels as possible, and not have to somehow support a life style of another because they may demand it. Now, saying that may just make me "high maintenance" as well!!....;)

cd
 HippyDippyWeatherman
Msg: 229
view profile
History
Posted: 11/19/2013 2:19:49 PM
I've heard in the past from a source I can't remember, is that a man will have three types of women in his life. The first to explore his sexuality with an uninhibited partner. The second is a woman to raise a family with. The third is a soul mate that you can grow old with. In my opinion the successful man will have all three in one women.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  >