Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Beaugrand®™©
Msg: 54
view profile
History
G 20 who thinks Obama's gonna make everything worse ?Page 2 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
The funny thing about identifying "waste" is that it's only easy identifiable if it's in someone else's backyard- those infrastructure projects in the state next door are "pork," the projects in ours are necessary for commerce.
As for "welfare fraud"- the cost of administering the various programs that fall under the umbrella of "welfare," including the costs of detecting and preventing fraud, far exceed the actual amount received by applicants. IIRC applicants receive less than 20% of the overall "welfare" budget (correct me if you can supply supporting objective proof, rather than innuendo, anecdotes, or prejudice); most of those receiving aid are those who know how to "jump through the hoops" to apply, rather than those who need assistance the most.
If you really want to look at waste, fraud, and misappropriation of funds, look to the military. The procurement system couldn't be more conducive to waste if it had been deliberately designed that way (actually, some already think it has).
 Beaugrand®™©
Msg: 57
view profile
History
G 20 who thinks Obama's gonna make everything worse ?
Posted: 4/3/2009 2:56:40 PM

Why don't you spare us your innuendo, anecdotes or prejudice and provide some proof?
Still waiting for actual proof of "welfare fraud." I don't doubt it exists, and I'm sure when it happens it's egregious, but I'm unconvinced it's as widespread as some like to think.
 Beaugrand®™©
Msg: 60
view profile
History
Posted: 4/3/2009 4:28:50 PM
There have been calls for Wagoner's ouster for years, mostly from GM's stakeholders. My biggest problem with his replacement is that Fritz Henderson is another bean-counter, in the same mold as Roger Smith, who nearly wrecked the company during his tenure (remember the badge-engineered "cookie cutter" GM cars of the '80s and '90s?)
This is one they can't blame Obama for, it's GM-politics-as usual. Wagoner was on the way out anyway; you can be sure if he had any friends in the GM board he'd still be there, this just gives the board what they wanted to do but were too spineless to enact.
Besides, Rick gets a nice $23 million settlement to soothe his bruised ego.
 wisguyingb
Msg: 62
Posted: 4/3/2009 5:03:31 PM
Ladies, gentleman.. Don't be to worried if things will get worse. Mr Gordon Brown is very thrilled and excited that we are now building a New World Order. (He even said so many times while speaking at the G20)The New World Order will fix many of the current problems. Even NPR was touting the greatness of the New World Order this very morning. Should I be excited?..........My gut tells me not to be thrilled.

Obama and nearly every other world leader at the G20 will make things worse in the long run. All in the name of saving us and solving the problems of course.
 oddandy
Msg: 63
Posted: 4/3/2009 5:35:15 PM
Men walkin' 'long the railroad tracks
Goin' someplace there's no goin' back
Highway patrol choppers comin' up over the ridge
Hot soup on a campfire under the bridge
Shelter line stretchin' round the corner
Welcome to the new world order
Families sleepin' in their cars in the southwest
No home
no job
no peace
no rest!

verygreeneyez
Msg: 66
Posted: 4/3/2009 8:14:21 PM
~OT~ I have a novel idea ~ let's all take a break, come back after Obama has been in office longer than two 1/2 months and see what's happening. OH, wait a minute ~ he's already done more in two months than Cheney did in 8 years. Cheney wasn't President? REALLY? Who would've known??????
 Beaugrand®™©
Msg: 67
view profile
History
Posted: 4/3/2009 9:30:37 PM
"New World Order" was Bush 41's mantra.

Of course, he was also a member of the Trilateral Commission, the Illuminati, and also supposedly a Brandenberger.

I know it's hard, but try to keep the conspiracies straight.
 oregonmeetsmesa
Msg: 68
Posted: 4/12/2009 9:37:57 PM
I liked Ron Too,but Obamas beyond excellent,are you kidding me,hes already restoring world confidence,turned it around already,he has not lied about anything in his campaign.The Bush administration buried us for the last eight years put this country into ruin and ruined our relationships with the entire world and here withing a couple months has made amazing strides,hes ended Bushes legal torture,closed the secret Black sites,allowed Bush banned science research to start again,removed bulk of lobbyists,is addressing and beefing up Afghanistan where the terrorist war actually was not in Iraq,has restarted all ended bush alternative energy programs,is working on Americas rotting infrastructure something Bush did nothing for,has hit GM and others with Bull to business as usual,ect.ect,ect. so are you kidding me,what the heck do you want from someone in there first 3 months,the only thing he hasn't done is walk on water,so forgive me for saying this,but I have a hard time understanding reasoning like yours.What do you want actual miracles,should he levitate also ?
 southernlass
Msg: 69
Posted: 4/12/2009 9:48:36 PM

By the way I'm only in Canada for business , I am American and I supported Ron Paul. Now we can finally see how ridiculous it was to support Obama. We are all doomedand now it's becoming obvious.

Ron Paul. And to think we could have had Ron Paul. But nooooooooooooooo. The Republicans had to give us McCain. How could they not see that there was no way on the planet that anyone was going to elect Senator McCain president, compared to the youth, vitality, and impressive oratory skills of Obama? How could they even believe that Senator John McCain could be a reasonable contender? It's not that he isn't a fine man or a great Senator but there was just no way he could beat Obama. This was clear from the beginning.

Ron Paul very well might have been able to take Obama, and at least we'll get a second chance to do this right, if President Obama hasn't destroyed our country by 2012. Ron Paul is getting up there in age though too, so I don't know if he's really up to another run.

I do know one thing though. When I see President Obama bowing to a Saudi king on national television, to the extent that he bent himself over, I KNOW WE'RE IN TROUBLE AS A NATION.

There's just no question about this.
 barbee1970
Msg: 70
Posted: 4/12/2009 9:50:35 PM
Right now, I do. Amnesty for all illegals? Why are they being rewarded?

He's not thinking of the demise of this country. We already pay for their healthcare, education, welfare. Hospitals are going bankrupt and closing in areas largely populated by them. That means drug dealers and terrorists can get citizenship! Overpopulation is inevitable.They are already taking up every strip of land for housing and commercial development.

These people "don't care" and even the people told me so.
 oregonmeetsmesa
Msg: 71
Posted: 4/12/2009 9:52:13 PM

Men walkin' 'long the railroad tracks
Goin' someplace there's no goin' back
Highway patrol choppers comin' up over the ridge
Hot soup on a campfire under the bridge
Shelter line stretchin' round the corner
Families sleepin' in their cars in the southwest
No home
no job
no peace
no rest!

Wow this is so true,right on the nose ,an accurate summary of how Bush/Cheney left America by the end of their eight years,America totally in ruin.Now its Obamas hard job to get us out of the above true story Republicans Bush/Cheney buried us in.Its amazing that through the stimulus planning the republicans tried to follow the exact same route as the past Bush/Cheney administration,will they never learn from their mistakes.........guess not !
 FL CO
Msg: 72
view profile
History
Posted: 4/12/2009 10:05:56 PM

Ron Paul. And to think we could have had Ron Paul. But nooooooooooooooo. The Republicans had to give us McCain. How could they not see that there was no way on the planet that anyone was going to elect Senator McCain president, compared to the youth, vitality, and impressive oratory skills of Obama? How could they even believe that Senator John McCain could be a reasonable contender? It's not that he isn't a fine man or a great Senator but there was just no way he could beat Obama. This was clear from the beginning

You are aware that the public decides who runs in the election right?
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 74
view profile
History
Posted: 4/13/2009 1:24:52 AM
I'm just amazed at some of these comments. Funny, many people thought the same thing back in 1968 about this country coming unglued as well and we recovered from it ok. We maybe in tough economic times but the U.S. have been down this road before. 1980 is a prime example of that, when the unemployment rate was 5% higher then what it is now at 14%. Or if you want to go even further back, how about when things were much, much worse in 1929 when the stock market crashed which lead to 25% unemployment rates for nearly a decade. We have recovered from these types of events before and we will again. The thing is the current working generations like generation X and generation Y have never experienced something like this before in their lifetime, because these two generations were either still in grade school or weren't even born yet the last time the U.S. went into a type of recession like this. The economy will start stabilize itself within the next couple of years again and things will start to return back to normal.
 Beaugrand®™©
Msg: 76
view profile
History
Posted: 4/13/2009 4:44:37 AM
One positive thing about the pirate crisis this week-

-none of the Looney Tooney Limbaugh Right were spewing their "I hope he fails" venom at those press conferences. Amazing what happens when people cooperate for the common good.

Yeah, Obama-in-Chief gave the order to take them out. Twice.
 oregonmeetsmesa
Msg: 77
Posted: 4/13/2009 6:06:05 AM

I think if Obama had his way we would exchange the stars and stripes for the hammer and cycle.

Wow in one breathe you assume he really wants us to be a communist and state he actually wants to be a traitor to the USA.

He is definately marxist in ideology. His hate for America is apparent!

Yes he riddled with that same kind of hate we saw with Mother Teresa,Gandi,Martin Luther King and Jane Goodall.Are you like an Aryan.

With his weather underground buddies (domestic terrorists no less) the FBI couldn't even give him a security clearance if the people didn't so blindly elect this trojan horse.

Who exactly are you talking about !

The Federal government's only jobs according to the constitution are protecting property rights and defense of this nation.Bush treated 911 as an act of war. (by the way it was) by centralizing our enemies in battle in Iraq he had prevented further attacks on American soil.

911 was an act of war,thats why we went for Bin Laden,then somehow through some odd smoke and mirror Alice in Wonderland thing we ended up going for Saddam that had not a trace to do with 911,that only proved Bush can't focus on a simple thing,Get Bin Laden.And exactly how does attacking Saddam help us here,what that magically kept out foreign immigrants that might bomb us.You make me laugh,that was a humorous post,and scary too.

Obama can't wait to add all the world's murdurous despots to his list of friends.

Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.The day you stop talking is worse than not.
 geeleebee
Msg: 79
Posted: 4/13/2009 6:23:24 AM
Are you saying that you never saw anyone buy lottery tickets or cigarettes with cash, soda and chips with food stamps before Obama was elected?
You never witnessed these outrageous acts during the Bush years?

This is terrible! We should never have elected Obama--what is this country coming to?! People are buying soda and chips with FOOD STAMPS under his watch?

To answer the question: Yes, in fact he does have to do 'it' with the money 'you' worked for. It's why he was elected--and all the others before him were elected.
Before you join the revolution, you might want to give the man more than 2+ months in office.
 Got Trance
Msg: 81
Posted: 4/13/2009 7:49:26 AM
obama SUCKS. He is a worthless president. He was elected 'cause he promised poor people more free money. He is not even a Natural Born citizen. He is a liar and a scumbag. He is not my President. He will be out of office soon.
 wisguyingb
Msg: 93
Posted: 4/14/2009 5:49:36 AM
Many jobs were lost due to NAFTA. Which Clinton signed into law. But nobody talks about that.

My Mother lost her job(due to nafta) in 2003. The average person would chalk that up as a job lost under Bush W. since he was in office at the time. But we have to give credit where credit is due. And that job loss credit should be awarded to Bill Clinton. It was the bill that he (Clinton) signed into law that allowed my mother and many like her to lose their jobs while Clinton was in office and after Bill Clinton left office.

And as I understand the Democratic party is the party of choice by big labor.

One must ask the question-Why did a President (whom told us he supports big labor )sign such a anti big labor bill into law? (The NAFTA bill)(Though I am 100% positive the George H W Bush (The elder) would have signed Nafta into law had he won his re-election bid)

Just food for thought.......
 FL CO
Msg: 96
view profile
History
Posted: 4/14/2009 9:13:02 AM

Bush was handed a economy heading towards recession. 911 Should have put us into a depression. But Bush cut taxes and kept us going. Congress has more to do with how the economy than the President.
Cllinton get's alot of Kudos but he just pushed through what a republican congress gave him. After 2006 things started really going down hill economically. When we had a democrat congress.

Its good to see that other people get it. Its really only been the past few years that things have gotten bad. It was the Democrats in charge of Congress at the time. It seems that a majority of the people don't understand that the President doesn't make the laws (unless you're Obama popping out executive orders like welfare mothers pop out babies). Its the Congress that sets the budget and such, yet people have yet to figure that out.
 FL CO
Msg: 104
view profile
History
Posted: 4/14/2009 1:35:35 PM

Ummm first amendment?
The separation of church and state is a legal and political principle derived from the First Amendment to the United States Constitution, which reads, "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof .

been tested a few times in the supreme court too hasnt it?

Thats referring to an official religion. It doesn't say that religion can't be practiced or represented. Its only saying that you can't establish one religion.
 Beaugrand®™©
Msg: 105
view profile
History
Posted: 4/14/2009 2:40:32 PM

Administration of George W. Bush (2001-2009)

Disposition of Executive orders signed by President George W. Bush:

* Subject Index

* 2009 - E.O. 13484 - E.O. 13488 (5 Executive orders issued)
* 2008 - E.O. 13454 - E.O. 13483 (30 Executive orders issued)
* 2007 - E.O. 13422 - E.O. 13453 (31 Executive orders issued)
* 2006 - E.O. 13395 - E.O. 13421 (27 Executive orders issued)
* 2005 - E.O. 13369 - E.O. 13394 (26 Executive orders issued)
* 2004 - E.O. 13324 - E.O. 13368 (45 Executive orders issued)
* 2003 - E.O. 13283 - E.O. 13323 (41 Executive orders issued)
* 2002 - E.O. 13252 - E.O. 13282 (31 Executive orders issued)
* 2001 - E.O. 13198 - E.O. 13251 (54 Executive orders issued)

284 Total Executive orders Issued

There was a statement critical of Obama's use of executive orders?
He's got quite a way to go to meet Ike's record.

Administration of Barack Obama (2009-Present)

Disposition of Executive orders signed by President Barack Obama:

* Subject Index

* 2009 - E.O. 13489 - E.O. 13506 (18 Executive orders issued)

18 Total Executive orders Issued

Administration of George Bush (1989-1993)

Disposition of Executive orders signed by President George Bush:

* 1989 - E.O. 12668 - E.O. 12698 (31 Executive orders signed)
* 1990 - E.O. 12699 - E.O. 12741 (43 Executive orders signed)
* 1991 - E.O. 12742 - E.O. 12787 (46 Executive orders signed)
* 1992 - E.O. 12788 - E.O. 12827 (40 Executive orders signed)
* 1993 - E.O. 12828 - E.O. 12833 (6 Executive orders signed)

166 Total Executive Orders Issued

Administration of Ronald Reagan (1981-1989)

Disposition of Executive orders signed by President Ronald Reagan:

Years of Service: 1981-1989

* 1981 - E.O. 12287 - E.O. 12336 (50 Executive orders signed)
* 1982 - E.O. 12337 - E.O. 12399 (63 Executive orders signed)
* 1983 - E.O. 12400 - E.O. 12456 (57 Executive orders signed)
* 1984 - E.O. 12457 - E.O. 12497 (41 Executive orders signed)
* 1985 - E.O. 12498 - E.O. 12542 (45 Executive orders signed)
* 1986 - E.O. 12543 - E.O. 12579 (37 Executive orders signed)
* 1987 - E.O. 12580 - E.O. 12622 (43 Executive orders signed)
* 1988 - E.O. 12623 - E.O. 12662 (40 Executive orders signed)
* 1989 - E.O. 12663 - E.O. 12667 (5 Executive orders signed)

381 Total Executive Orders Issued

Administration of Gerald R. Ford (1974-1977)

Disposition of Executive orders signed by President Gerald R. Ford:

* 1974 - E.O. 11798 - E.O. 11826 (29 Executive orders signed)
* 1975 - E.O. 11827 - E.O. 11893 (67 Executive orders signed)
* 1976 - E.O. 11894 - E.O. 11949 (56 Executive orders signed)
* 1977 - E.O. 11950 - E.O. 11966 (17 Executive orders signed)

169 Total Executive Orders Issued

Administration of Richard Nixon (1969-1974)

Disposition of Executive orders signed by President Richard Nixon:

* 1969 - E.O. 11452 - E.O. 11503 (52 Executive orders signed)
* 1970 - E.O. 11504 - E.O. 11575 (72 Executive orders signed)
* 1971 - E.O. 11576 - E.O. 11638 (63 Executive orders signed)
* 1972 - E.O. 11639 - E.O. 11693 (55 Executive orders signed)
* 1973 - E.O. 11694 - E.O. 11757 (64 Executive orders signed)
* 1974 - E.O. 11758 - E.O. 11797 (40 Executive orders signed)

346 Total Executive Orders Issued

Administration of Dwight D. Eisenhower (1953-1961)

Disposition of Executive orders signed by President Dwight D. Eisenhower:

* 1953 - E.O. 10432 - E.O. 10511 (80 Executive orders signed)
* 1954 - E.O. 10512 - E.O. 10584 (75 Executive orders signed)
* 1955 - E.O. 10585 - E.O. 10649 (66 Executive orders signed)
* 1956 - E.O. 10650 - E.O. 10693 (44 Executive orders signed)
* 1957 - E.O. 10694 - E.O. 10747 (55 Executive orders signed)
* 1958 - E.O. 10748 - E.O. 10797 (50 Executive orders signed)
* 1959 - E.O. 10798 - E.O. 10857 (60 Executive orders signed)
* 1960 - E.O. 10858 - E.O. 10899 (42 Executive orders signed)
* 1961 - E.O. 10900 - E.O. 10913 (14 Executive orders signed)

486 Total Executive Orders Issued
 wisguyingb
Msg: 107
Posted: 4/14/2009 6:31:35 PM
In regards to message 115

Ahhh, I see old "Beaugrand®™©" is up his old tricks again. He somehow forgot to post Bill Clinton's , Jimmy Carters, Lyndon B. Johnson, and JFK's total number of Executive orders.

So I will fill in the numbers for his fogetfullness.....

Bill Clinton-364 total EO's

Jimmy Carter-320 total EO's

Lyndon B. Johnson-324 total EO's

John F. Kennedy-214 total EO's

Beaugrand®™©, if your gonna play information and number games why not then post all the information.

Oh and lets not forget about FDR whom had 3728 EO's! What party did he belong to again?????

http://www.heritage.org/Research/LegalIssues/LM2.cfm
 FL CO
Msg: 109
view profile
History
Posted: 4/15/2009 9:23:16 AM
{quote]The 18 EO's of Obama... not for 2009... just for the first quarter of 2009.... x 4 we could see a number like 72 EO's before he is done with this year. I bet it will even be higher, I believe he will use his popularity, and this economy mess, and seize the moment. But than again, I don't know any politician who wouldn't take advantage of this opportunity themselves...

Exactly. Take a look at the last few presidents number of EOs their first couple weeks in office and see who tops the list.
 Beaugrand®™©
Msg: 113
view profile
History
Posted: 5/22/2009 1:58:48 AM

He somehow forgot to post Bill Clinton's , Jimmy Carters, Lyndon B. Johnson, and JFK's total number of Executive orders.
Actually I didn't "forget," and you really aren't so obtuse that you missed my point, that ALL US Presidents use Executive Orders, as you so obligingly showed.
FDR was in office for how many terms? Dealt with a global depression AND fought a major World War? Could it be that Executive Orders are actually- necessary???

Has the Party of Limbaugh imploded under his weight yet?
 wisguyingb
Msg: 114
Posted: 5/22/2009 6:25:39 AM
In reply to the above post, who is commenting about my post at message #116.

If Executive Orders are necessary as you say. Then why criticize some Presidents for using this Presidential power and not other Presidents?

And if you can show everyone where you posted Bill Clinton's , Jimmy Carters, Lyndon B. Johnson, and JFK's total number of Executive orders like you say. Well by all means please. Cuz I don't think you can provide a post # of where you listed their total EO's at. And why did you post only Republican Presidents executive orders totals at message #114? Why not post the Presidents in order (Bush, Clinton, Reagan, etc). (I do know that you posted Obama's. But that info was clearly posted to show Obama's low number of EO's when compared to "Ike's record" as you say)

I hate to compare rotten apples to rotten pears. But Bush W has been fighting the war for the past 8 years and yet Jimmy Carter signed off on more EO's in 4 years then Bush W did in 8.

For the record Beau posted US Presidents total EO's at message #114.

And I'm proud to have not voted Republican or Democrat in the last 2 Presidential elections.

And just so you don't think I'm some "righty". I actually like some of the things that Senator Feingold has done. As well as Congressman Kagen. (Both Democrats and both from my home state Wisconsin.)
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >