Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 FL CO
Msg: 109
view profile
History
G 20 who thinks Obama's gonna make everything worse ?Page 6 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
{quote]The 18 EO's of Obama... not for 2009... just for the first quarter of 2009.... x 4 we could see a number like 72 EO's before he is done with this year. I bet it will even be higher, I believe he will use his popularity, and this economy mess, and seize the moment. But than again, I don't know any politician who wouldn't take advantage of this opportunity themselves...

Exactly. Take a look at the last few presidents number of EOs their first couple weeks in office and see who tops the list.
 Beaugrand®™©
Msg: 113
view profile
History
G 20 who thinks Obama's gonna make everything worse ?
Posted: 5/22/2009 1:58:48 AM

He somehow forgot to post Bill Clinton's , Jimmy Carters, Lyndon B. Johnson, and JFK's total number of Executive orders.
Actually I didn't "forget," and you really aren't so obtuse that you missed my point, that ALL US Presidents use Executive Orders, as you so obligingly showed.
FDR was in office for how many terms? Dealt with a global depression AND fought a major World War? Could it be that Executive Orders are actually- necessary???

Has the Party of Limbaugh imploded under his weight yet?
 wisguyingb
Msg: 114
Posted: 5/22/2009 6:25:39 AM
In reply to the above post, who is commenting about my post at message #116.

If Executive Orders are necessary as you say. Then why criticize some Presidents for using this Presidential power and not other Presidents?

And if you can show everyone where you posted Bill Clinton's , Jimmy Carters, Lyndon B. Johnson, and JFK's total number of Executive orders like you say. Well by all means please. Cuz I don't think you can provide a post # of where you listed their total EO's at. And why did you post only Republican Presidents executive orders totals at message #114? Why not post the Presidents in order (Bush, Clinton, Reagan, etc). (I do know that you posted Obama's. But that info was clearly posted to show Obama's low number of EO's when compared to "Ike's record" as you say)

I hate to compare rotten apples to rotten pears. But Bush W has been fighting the war for the past 8 years and yet Jimmy Carter signed off on more EO's in 4 years then Bush W did in 8.

For the record Beau posted US Presidents total EO's at message #114.

And I'm proud to have not voted Republican or Democrat in the last 2 Presidential elections.

And just so you don't think I'm some "righty". I actually like some of the things that Senator Feingold has done. As well as Congressman Kagen. (Both Democrats and both from my home state Wisconsin.)
 baker1972
Msg: 115
Posted: 5/23/2009 6:18:02 PM
Lets not forget who got us to the state we are currently in! that would be President Bush! Bush has left a mess for President Obama to clean up! Not to mention President Obama did not vote for this war. What about all the money that is being spent on this war and for what? So our soliders can die over there?! This war is just like Vietnam. Haven't enough people died? What are we really accomplishing over there? And where is the government's support when our soliders come home?! I am against the war and it needs to end. The money that is being used for the war needs to be invested in other projects. We have our own to take care and need to stop getting into everyone else's business! Or do you perhaps have an issue with him because he is African American? He is the best thing that has happened to this country in years!
 barbee1970
Msg: 116
Posted: 5/23/2009 11:22:56 PM
Well, if he opens the borders and gives everyone amnesty it's going to get alot worse. I think he is nieve there. We can't be everybody's friend(other countries). People are coming for the freebies.

As far as bailout, I heard him and McCain say we had to. Bull! Banks failed us, did not do the job right, so they need to fire the CEOs.

Bailout automakers is bull! How much are we paying for cars plus interest and taxes? My hybrid was $20,000. Cars go for that and up and millions of people are buying cars every year. We should not bail them out. Now all of these companies have their hands out. Like taxpayers are a bank, we have to pay for all of the screw ups.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >