Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Mountain Geek
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Men who dont/won't share feelings- think they are intellectsPage 2 of 3    (1, 2, 3)

What's up with this type of man?

Go topless -- you will have his undivided attention

OP: It could be any number of things -- and it's on a person by person basis. Sometimes men don't have any input on the subject.

Also there is the gentle art of listening. He may have been right -- he was thinking of what to say next and because of that -- not listening. Most people do this.

Alas -- what a world, 90% asleep , 10 % of us in awe.
 agenteightysix
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Men who dont/won't share feelings- think they are intellects
Posted: 4/1/2009 4:11:31 PM
I am not this man. I have felt like this man in a previous relationship. My problem at the time was a kind of trust. She would talk, we were sweet for the most part bu,t I just tuned out after a while. I felt like she did not understand me, or was unable to relate. I just didn't see the point, or trust her with my thoughts. When I did open up, the response was something different than a connection. The reality was we were living together, with shared responsibilities. It was like waiting to be free. I thought the life was going to leave me, and I would just be empty. I am so thankful that is over. here is to not being in a sucky relationship.
Oh and who knows about this guy, but something is wrong, maybe.
 electrifying84
Msg: 13
Posted: 4/1/2009 7:46:57 PM
I'm a guy and I think he sounds like a peace of shit
 electrifying84
Msg: 15
Posted: 4/1/2009 8:06:57 PM
I think if a woman is dating a guy like this she should dump him on the spot! If a woman was doing me like that I know I would. It would be like wtf
 parklabrea
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 4/1/2009 9:33:45 PM
Sorry Fancy58, were you saying something? I was reading but I got the thread but got distracted for a moment by a shiny object.
 Rushâ„¢
Msg: 20
Posted: 4/1/2009 9:43:00 PM

Go topless -- you will have his undivided attention

Yeah...on her boobs. Everything she's saying will go in one ear, and out the other. Tsk, tsk, tsk.
 Landra
Msg: 23
Posted: 4/1/2009 11:01:51 PM
It's like that joke about what a dog hears:
bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla FOOD bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla WALK bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla OUT bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla TREAT bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla GO POTTY bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla
 Merrylass
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 4/2/2009 6:44:24 AM

he just didn't reply to her exciting news-or sad news. funny news or most of what she said

How many people actually have that much exciting, sad, and/or funny news to relate regularly? It sounds a bit like she's one of those people to whom everything in her life is a Big Deal and he's not that kind of person.
 life_aquatic
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Posted: 4/2/2009 7:12:40 AM
EDIT. ^^^ Damn, TigerWoods beat me to the punch

but while you are talking I am thinking of what to say next.

Then he isn't listening, he's thinking.

This is also ironic because if he's doing all this thinking about what to say and then doesn't say anything there are some connections missing.

My votes:

1) He's just using for sex, so the less he talks the sooner he can get some
2) He has less of a personality than a planter's wart and can't hold a conversation
3) He has a disability
 gentleplus
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Posted: 4/10/2009 8:53:25 AM
Thank you Shippoker !!!!! you have said it like it is... no more no less!!!! Ladies please take note... and write it down in the universal gender conversation guide book!!!!
 gentleplus
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Posted: 4/10/2009 9:01:12 AM
And landra thanks as well to you for the Vulcan mind meld to give an actual transcript of what's in a man's mind during a conversation received from an individual unfocused rambling female... lol...

(PS... does not apply to all females and not all the time... there is no gender hatred here or angst.... so save it ladies and don't succumb to becoming a hater...) .
 gentleplus
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Posted: 4/10/2009 9:11:53 AM
Ahhhh yes daisypetal..... just as I thought.... please read my profile and see if I have something to say... then please review your comment and and then ask yourself are you being fair or are you using your own life experience to filter what u see.... I have no problem with dialogue .... even uncomfortable ones!!!.... but a monologue is not within my interest and is only to me a series of flaming darts intended to crush and/or dominate whether I am giving it or receiving it.... this is not conversation but domination.... So daisy please dialogue with me not monologue
 gentleplus
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Posted: 4/10/2009 9:43:46 AM
"What's with all of these men with tuxs and suits on? Is there a funeral I missed?"

This sort of monologue exactly validates a mans desire to retreat from the female communication cycle that is directed not at the issues but at the person .... that sort of gratuitous and directed personal attack is what repels thinking and intellectual, stable men of good character.... Yes there is a funeral and that is the death of civility .... but I wear a tux as a show of celebration of life, dignity, joy and hope.... Never have I seen a tux at a funeral.... maybe I am in the wrong pert of the country.... I have seen tuxes at weddings, inaugurations, dinners, charity balls, etc.... And these events are celebrations of life, hope, goodness, charity, and future leadership.... Or is it just me???? IMHO
 GoneSailinBabe
Msg: 43
Posted: 4/10/2009 12:26:50 PM
Doing meth.
I've seen it a thousand times.

Or ADHD.
Sometimes tough to discern the difference.

(I'm teasing, somewhat)
 chameleonf
Msg: 45
Posted: 4/10/2009 12:47:27 PM
I don't tend to encounter men in my circle of friends or relationships who don't share their feelings, but then maybe it's me. I'm more often told that they've shared things/feelings with me that they never have with anyone else. These have all been intelligent men.

I have, however, encountered those who think they are intellects because they are constantly flapping their yaps, and by doing so, believe they are intelligent, but constantly prove they are anything but.
 ItsMargo
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Posted: 4/10/2009 1:57:24 PM
Communication is a two way street. If one is yattering on about something that fascinates you but is completely mind numbing for the other, then you've got to give them points for staying present to the conversation (which they are likely doing out of interest in you, rather than the subject), but it is going a bit far to expect or demand them to have an opinion on the topic.

But being present to a conversation and the level of participation in it can NOT be automatically attributed to not being able or willing to share feelings nor of intellect.
^^ As a case in point, one might be exhibiting a high level of intellect in NOT sharing ones feeling that this conversation is mindless yattering. Arguably, one would do this out of a high regard for the person... in other words "I very much care for you even tho' you do go on a bit".

I don't expect to be interested in everything my fellow is interested in but, because I am interested in him, I am interested in hearing how ilife occurs for him.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >