Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Missouri  > IS POF A "KLICK" & WHY ARNT HIPPIES ALLOWED      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 26
IS POF A KLICK & WHY ARNT HIPPIES ALLOWEDPage 2 of 15    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15)
LMAO with MissHenny....from one smartass chica to another!
 whatever0001
Msg: 27
IS POF A KLICK & WHY ARNT HIPPIES ALLOWED
Posted: 4/3/2009 3:24:46 PM
I really didn't realize that anyone used the term "hippy" anymore. Other than to refer to those of us with a bit of junk in our trunk.
 sporty_ambie09
Msg: 28
Posted: 4/3/2009 3:26:43 PM

Other than to refer to those of us with a bit of junk in our trunk.

hey I wish I could get a little junk in my trunk.....
 whatever0001
Msg: 29
Posted: 4/3/2009 3:28:09 PM
And I know that there are lots of us who'd love to give ya some!!!
 previouslyme
Msg: 30
Posted: 4/3/2009 5:14:53 PM
As far as the "Hippy" term. My daughter, just about to turn 21, went to a few of the Schwagstock festivals last year. I think that is what they are called, she always laughs when I refer to them. When she got home she had to tell me all about it. One of the 1st things out of her mouth was mom! "Did you know there are still Hippies?" I don't remember my answer, but she loves these out door type events and doesn't like to miss any of them. She has a lot of pics and videos on u tube fro her weekends there. She hasn't changed her total style but more she has expanded her horizon so to speak. Her u-tube is clutch014 if any are curious about the beauty that surrounds these out door events. Cell phones don't even try to work at them!
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 31
Posted: 4/3/2009 5:57:02 PM
Chosen few?? Do you realize just how LARGE and HOW MANY people are on POF...and in spite of a small percentage of the members being active in the forums...obviously there are HUGE amounts of forum participants!

Special Ones? Let me correct you, if I may....we are called "FORUMHOLICS." Some of us more blatant folks prefer "Forum Wh0res."

In spite of others mocking us for having the time to post so much...or "getting lives outside of the forums"...or "having better things to do"....or "are you EVER NOT online?"....well, we just do not care! We admit in full glory...."I AM A FORUMHOLIC!"

Yes...things tend to get off topic on occassion....especially when the OT is such a ridiculously silly one as such! But we always tug it back in place!

Sooooo....without further ado....POF is not a CLIQUE, though one most certainly MAY "CLICK" with others on POF...I know I have CLICKED with MANY...I love you all! And yes...Hippies, Hipsters, Hippys, and apparently even Hippos, are most definitely allowed!
 TheKidof72
Msg: 32
Posted: 4/3/2009 6:34:16 PM
Wondering how can I be a "Chosen One"? Kat, where do I sign up? Is that the same sign up that goes along with being a Co-Hostess or a Door Greeter or even just attending a function and meeting new and exciting people????????

Now wondering if Chaz can make his ? appear upside down, wonder if we can make this guy turn on his other side so you see his butt shaking back and forth when he is laughing.............yeah, it's a friday night and I am bored! I need to find me a clique of friends to hang out with.
 sporty_ambie09
Msg: 33
Posted: 4/3/2009 7:55:59 PM
I want to be a "chosen one" too .... I am at home on a friday night.
 previouslyme
Msg: 34
Posted: 4/3/2009 8:38:18 PM
Well, threads like this help us get the info straight. Unfortunately there are always those that will feel out side the circle. There is such a variety of people that attend the events and visit the forums. Some times it takes a while to feel a part of something. Yet, we can't let other define who we are, blaze your own trail if you don't like the one you are on. Have your type of event that would draw the type of people you would like to socialize with. My reasoning is geographical for starters. I do not mind driving an hour to attend an event, but I know several that will not, so here we are over in Illnois starting little events to the locals and to open the door for those in Missouri to find out we are on the same planet.
 SusieStL
Msg: 35
Posted: 4/3/2009 9:04:57 PM
OK I am going to put my two cents in.... for those of you acting as if Hippie got the raw deal... well that just isn't so. I had posted this earlier on the thread but then decided to delete it. Now I so wish I would have left it on the thread that I am going to post it again. .........so here we go...... (normally I don't allow someone to upset me but this I felt was a personal attack)

OK HIPPIE YOU DONE AND PISSED ME OFF

How dare you first of all get on here with caps... you know pof's rule... you have been told before. At your age and still being defiant, do you honestly think an adult mature woman would want to be around that behavior?

I can't believe you get on here again and start you whinningggggg. You even said to me at the party in order for you to get any attention you had to make some trouble. Is that what this is all about again?

You know, normally I wouldn't say anything in reference to a post like this BUT I took this as a personal attack. No one knew it was me talking to you about your smokie smokie as alpinebryon called it. You asked me why someone wouldn't talk to you.. you mentioned the fact you were not clean shaved. I gave you my opinion then you turn it all around. How chicken shvt is that.

Now, do you honestly think I will ever talk to you again? H3ll NO!!

Yes, you fluffed my feathers and I really don't give a shvt what anyone else has to say about my post... I just can't believe you would carry on like that after telling me you do so to get the attention.

Just in case you don't remember and it seems you don't, Karen and I were standing there talking to you one on each side of you....the music was playing but we still stood there and talked to you. I tried to let you know that a LOT of us have know each other since the first GNO that I organized back in Sept of 2007. If you want to call it a clique so be it... however using Marty as an example, I sat and talked with him one night at the party and he jump on in there.

Now, if you go out with friends that you know.. would you not hang with them and party? I guess you would go over to a table of strangers and party with them? What a bunch of shvt Hippie.

Why do you like to get negative attention? Now that is what I call sad!!!!!

All I can say is good luck with meeting people... who in their right mind would want to hang with someone that attracts attention by being negative and cutting others down.
 whatever0001
Msg: 36
Posted: 4/4/2009 1:21:20 AM
OK, hippy... this is the deal. Some folks will like ya... and others won't. And if they don't... then why do you freaking care???
And just a little FYI... I am laughing pretty hard right now......
Hope you are too!!!!
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 37
Posted: 4/4/2009 6:06:19 AM
Hmmmmm Miss Sherry....does the fact that you were laughing pretty hard, have anything to do with your coming in at 3a.m.? Was my sunshine friend drunk posting?

Ms_Lookn4fun
Msg: 38
Posted: 4/4/2009 7:02:49 AM
I believe one of the statements on this site is EVERYONE IS WELCOME, unless you can't follow the Rules which are linked above when you're making a post on a thread.

Mshenny, are you the social butterfly of KC

I can't remember when, exactly, but the gals down here started calling me Social Butterfly after one of the parties in STL, I suppose I was getting friendly and telling folks they can't meet other people if standing on their own, watching others having a good time; sitting in a chair at a table all by themselves; standing in the back of the bar, come on, get real.

I was introduced to several guys and gals the other night and I took the time to chat with them for awhile after my friends walked away.

I sat at a table at another party the other night and conversed with a guy I hadn't seeen at any events in awhile. Right away I remembered him and we struck up a conversation. He told me as he was leaving that if I hadn't been there to talk to, he would have had to walk around and talk to people, well frankly, that's how you get to know people and you never know what you may have in common if you just start talking to them.

You can't expect us to have all the fun for you, if you get to one event and it's not your cuppa tea, then find one that is. Stay for awhile if you like, or go on your way to find something you'll enjoy more.
 whatever0001
Msg: 39
Posted: 4/4/2009 7:23:26 AM
Me???? No way!!!!
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 40
Posted: 4/4/2009 7:30:53 AM
Denise made some good points....after so long of being here, and more importantly, being involved....you get to know who you can count on for certain things!

Denise is Madame (social) Butterfly....who I know I can count on for her to go drag some wallflower offa said wall (at a party), and introduce them around! ;) I know who I can holler at if I need a co-host. I know who to email for the worlds best birthday cakes. I know who tends to always donate to the parties. Cliques? Not really. WIDE NETWORKING CIRCLES.
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 41
Posted: 4/4/2009 8:30:09 AM
Argh...I hope this is not going to turn into a legalization of marijuana thread....after all, there are tons and tons of redundant ones already here. "I was told I am a bad mother because I smoke marijuana" has somehow amazingly gotten to 23 pages...**yawn**

Fvckin' dopers and their justifications. *wasted a lil good vomit there*
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 42
Posted: 4/4/2009 9:36:30 AM
Well, I was not there...but...well, fvck it...I am going to say it. Some of us choose NOT to be around such. Period. I personally view it as immature, out of touch with reality, irresponsible (risking the legal aspect), and more. It's actually one of my pet peeves.

I know many who do it, and would NEVER expose ME to such. However, I hesitate to get close to someone (new) I know is habitual about it. To me...it's no different than someone who "smokes a little crack" every now and then or who "drives a wee bit drunk" on occassion. (and I DO NOT need to hear the arguments...MY OPINION)

And honestly? I would have NEVER helped choose that get up as the winner of a "who wears the most green" contest with MY vote....because it would be the same as endorsing it. Now had your little pot leaves on your ensemble, been shamrocks or something...sure! Again...MY OPINION, which I am entitled to.

There. I said it! And guess what? I do not CARE who disagrees cause guess what? It is MY OPINION.

PS...I LOVE Hippies! Man! Not all hippies smoke weed!
 hippyguy007
Msg: 43
Posted: 4/4/2009 9:50:08 AM
the hippy is really enjoy all the good and the bad comments, and as for as i concerned i never mentioned any fish members by name , i think u'all told on yourselves in that regard. as u read the original post it says fish members, not personel jabbs at who u are.. i just wanted a little response to the situation and i didnt expect 4 pages, enjoy the gossip and HAPPY FISHING
 Sue-De-Nym
Msg: 44
Skip!
Posted: 4/4/2009 10:09:30 AM
Skip! Love the new images, buddy! You look awesome without facial hair! I had to do a double take!
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 45
Posted: 4/4/2009 10:20:06 AM
Ummm...MissSweet...are you a moderator? If so...maybe you should enlighten yourself to the rules? My post was in NO SHAPE OR FORM, off topic. I addressed EXACTLY what the OT (original topic) asked and has branched out into. But thanks for the concern!

YOU do not have to agree with me. This is not a popularity contest for me, thank you. YOU can have the opinion you expressed as well...people tend to always justify pot smoking with people drinking alcohol or taking other "drugs" such as prescribed ones.

I shared MY opinion, because frankly, when you have someone saying they feel SNUBBED for being a hippie and smoking a little smokie, smokie...well, DUH! It may be an extremist example...but it is no different than someone saying, "I feel snubbed because I am a 80's child and I beat my women!" In other words...it's creating a prejudice that is imaginary based on one thing, when what people probably are "snubbing" you for is a completely different thing.
 previouslyme
Msg: 46
Posted: 4/4/2009 11:23:42 AM
His 1st post mentioned closet smokers sounding off. I think it was in reference to pot.
 previouslyme
Msg: 47
Posted: 4/4/2009 11:25:52 AM
Fancy... what are you glad you don't have "too"? I know it was a while back...
 hippyguy007
Msg: 48
Posted: 4/4/2009 11:52:27 AM
no thanks
 TheKidof72
Msg: 49
Posted: 4/4/2009 12:20:23 PM
Well it has achieved one thing, We know he isn't no Saint like me.

Sorry Hippy, I just had to go there............besides you were at the St Patrick was a Saint, but I Ain't party. I couldn't make it to that party, I had confessions to do that weekend.
 TheKidof72
Msg: 50
Posted: 4/4/2009 1:03:00 PM
Awww, thanks (I'm blushing now)

I have to agree with this statement
This is not a clique. 99% of the folks are verrrrrrry cool. THE WHOLE POINT is to meet new people
This is so true. I can't even count the number of people that I have met through these parties. They are a great way to meet other people who are single so that you are not sitting at home behind a computer because all of your friends are either married, have kids and no babysitter, or you can't find anyone that has the same interest that you do.

The only ones that can delete a thread is the person that created the thread or the mods.

OK, now back to Happy Fishing Just remember one thing at all of these parties, if someone isn't into you...........there are so many more fish in the sea!
Show ALL Forums  > Missouri  > IS POF A "KLICK" & WHY ARNT HIPPIES ALLOWED