Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Missouri  > IS POF A "KLICK" & WHY ARNT HIPPIES ALLOWED      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 51
IS POF A KLICK & WHY ARNT HIPPIES ALLOWEDPage 3 of 15    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15)
I could not agree more without merging into her brain, as with post #92!

1000000%!!!!

Clarification though....I have never EXCLUDED Hippie...I LIKE him! I just think, as Tasha so eloquently put it....if you do something outside of a social norm...be prepared.

Night to all....have a party tonight!
 tallshyman
Msg: 52
view profile
History
IS POF A KLICK & WHY ARNT HIPPIES ALLOWED
Posted: 4/4/2009 3:07:57 PM
marijuana makes me talk too much.
 ThatRussGuy1
Msg: 53
view profile
History
Posted: 4/4/2009 3:11:20 PM
ok just to try to put this in prespective if pof were a clique they wouldnt let me in it and im here so there you have it, oh and hippie its dangerous to smoke dope in the closet so i do mine in other parts of the house .
 alpinebryon
Msg: 54
view profile
History
Posted: 4/4/2009 3:30:12 PM
Yea you have to be carefull when your a closet smoker.It could stain your 60s puffy shirts
 sporty_ambie09
Msg: 55
Posted: 4/4/2009 5:36:15 PM
Fancy, honestly you cannot base your opinion on a city as a whole about the way people act on a message board. This is computer life, and real life is another story.
 FatBottomGirlie
Msg: 56
Posted: 4/5/2009 9:01:23 AM
hey I wish I could get a little junk in my trunk.....

*hands Amber a cheeseburger* Have at it, Woman! lol

As for the rest of this thread - fruck it. Those that say it should have been deleted as a pitty seeking thread are correct. What a useless waste of space.
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 57
Posted: 4/5/2009 2:56:19 PM

Drunk drivers kill people.......stoned drivers just miss their exits

AGAIN...lol...its not a comparison. I dunno WHY whenever the topic of pot comes up...people automatically act like since alcohol is accepted and causes problems, then pot must be ok!
 previouslyme
Msg: 58
Posted: 4/5/2009 2:59:11 PM
They both can cause the same results in accidents. Anything that alters your sense of awareness can cause issues with driving among other things. I don't really care if someone wants to smoke pot, I just don't care for it, and don't care to be around it even more so than cigarette smoke.
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 59
Posted: 4/5/2009 3:48:18 PM
Add cell phone usage, applying make up, changing radio stations, looking for a CD, kids....and a million other distractions to the list. My point is...when talking about feeling you are not a part of a clique...that you had been snubbed, due to being a hippie and smoking pot...well, you might wanna find people who have similar interests to clique with! (YOU being anyone in general...the OT in this case)

Almost any taboo behavior that is not the "norm"...is going to get snubbed at some time or another. :O) Instead of blaming it on the people you feel are snubbing you, mesh with like minded peeps or keep the taboo stuff, private!
 Ms_Lookn4fun
Msg: 60
Posted: 4/5/2009 5:52:21 PM
now there's a point ^^

good reply!!

I will have to agree with Theresa on her comment before, I've made several friends from this site, yes, they're mainly women, but hey, we have lots of interests; like say when our SO's are home with their kiddos and we'd like to get out on the town and go or better yet, when some of us have our kids around in the summer time and we go to a 4th of July event together and hear a good band, and watch fireworks that go on all night; granted the kids hadn't met eachother prior to that day, but the adults had, and we were /are all really good friends so we knew the kids would be alright around the other adults and kids as well.

The saying still goes, if you go to one of the events, don't be a wall flower, don't expect us to have all the fun for you. We can provide a band for , we can attempt to get drink specials for lotsa and we can even attempt specials! But the rest is up to you all to attempt to try to have a good time, get out and meet folks and you never know, maybe make a connection if that's what you're looking for.
 mlt71
Msg: 61
Posted: 4/6/2009 12:57:01 AM
Now I understand why lot of black people don't go to POF parties,

1 To many CLIQUES

2 to many racist

You have to call them out like you see them
 _Bree_
Msg: 62
Posted: 4/6/2009 5:12:20 AM
I'm pretty sure he didn't even say anything about wanting white chicks. I don't happen to share his point of view, but tacky is tacky and you went there!
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 63
Posted: 4/6/2009 6:38:22 AM
Not EVEN going there with our Missouri circles! YES...we have fewer blacks than whites, by far...but the blacks who DO come are VERY accepted and popular! We might as well be COLOR BLIND at our parties, cause we have ZERO ISSUES with such.

But...Trekker is not the one who made this a racism issue...MLT is. HE is the one who posted "why BLACKS don't go to a party" and had the BALLS to imply there are RACISTS at them.

Incidentally, check his history. Without even viewing it, I can tell you that MUCH of it contains the same implications....wah, wah, wah...Imma black man and nobody likes me, everybody hates me, I'm gonna eat some worms.
 Sue-De-Nym
Msg: 64
Posted: 4/6/2009 7:04:23 AM
Kat, as you and I and MLT knows, HE HAS NEVER EVEN ATTENDED A POF PARTY. Not one. Ever. That was established a month ago when he posted on here making these exact same accusations. It's my opinion (and only my opinion) that MLT screams "racism" every chance he gets, even in the face of no evidence to support it. The first time he posted on this board, he implied exactly the same thing - he can't get a date or meet someone because everyone ELSE is RACIST. It's ridiculous. He has absolutely NO BASIS for this remark other than his (obvious) low self esteem and lack of confidence in himself so he has to blame his failure to find a mate on everyone else.

Hey, MLT - stop making assumptions about people you've never met. If you want to give people a fair shake, ATTEND A PARTY and meet some of these people in real life then you can form an educated and INFORMED opinion. There are both blacks and whites at the parties and everyone gets along just fine - there has NEVER been any issues along those lines and everyone is treated with respect and is WELCOME. You're not going to make ANY friends with these continual UNFAIR attacks on people. You don't even KNOW any of us! Pretty BRAZEN to accuse people you have never MET as being RACIST.

Sue-De-Nym
Msg: 65
Posted: 4/6/2009 7:34:48 AM
Rusty, you're not the person who made it a race issue, MLT is. He does that a LOT (seriously, read his history on the boards) and it's very frustrating to be labelled something so UGLY, or see my friends labelled as such, when he has absolutely no basis for his remarks at ALL. It is MY OPINION that MLT is just ANGRY about the cards he's been dealt and wants to place blame everywhere else but on himself and his attitude.

I had to laugh about your girls on one side and boys on the other comments re: the parties in your areas, though..... it's not like that at our parties at all - come on over to St. Louis - you'd have a great time.

One more thing - MLT? You did NOT write the poem "How to Recognize A Good Woman". Why in the world would you put on your profile that you wrote that when you did NOT?

Lisalsb
Msg: 66
view profile
History
Posted: 4/6/2009 7:44:14 AM
Wow ... I feel like we're all on the Yellow Brick road and it just made a sharp curve and not headed for Oz! Let's see ... the thread started off as a question regarding Klicks (as it was spelled) and hippies not being allowed and now we're into Racisim? A sharp curve in the road w/ a speed bump to boot! How did Racisim get into this conversation? Well, okay I mean I know who started it but why? Why throw that trump card into this thread? Uhmm ... little clue dude ... If you're going to start throwing the trump card, it's going to make it just that much harder to find a date. Unless of course, she likes throwing those cards out there too ... Hey, match made in Heaven! There ya go! But honestly, I can't speak for all women, (although I do have a pretty good idea how women feel/ think being a woman myself) don't want to date a man who have tendencies to be racist or predjudiced. Personally, I would rather date a man who doesn't have those tendencies. It's like something I heard in life: 3 A's - Awareness, Acceptance, and Action. Be aware of who/ what others are as well as yourself. Accept others for who/ what they are as well as yourself. Take action on that.
Have a happy day!
 mlt71
Msg: 67
Posted: 4/6/2009 8:36:05 AM
Rusty, you're not the person who made it a race issue, MLT is. He does that a LOT (seriously, read his history on the boards) and it's very frustrating to be labelled something so UGLY, or see my friends labelled as such, when he has absolutely no basis for his remarks at ALL. It is MY OPINION that MLT is just ANGRY about the cards he's been dealt and wants to place blame everywhere else but on himself and his attitude.

This **** is crazy lol

I am just saying a point of my view (its called my own opinion) everybody has one like everyone has a ass hole.
you just labelled me as this angry black man.
your opinion that I'm the angry black man is from a few post I answer and you think you know everything about me,
you really a dummy.

Question
1. I want to ask why you hanging around my profile all the time.
2 Every time I answer a post you have your ass in there fighting with me (you a stalker)
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 68
Posted: 4/6/2009 9:15:34 AM
Wow...talk about treading in VERY dangerous, murky waters.

If that was your opinion, it was a TERRIBLY MISINFORMED ONE, is her point. YOU, Sir, have not attended a POF party in this area, and yet you lumped us all into the category of RACISTS. I personally resent that!!! AND, as a main hostess of such, I have the RIGHT to do so. How dare you take something I work my ass off for, and present it to be such!

<----- See that little button that says "history?" Anyone clicking on the one by your name can see that about 90% (guesstimated...am not wasting my time on the math!) of your posts are NEGATIVE and SCREAMING ABOUT RACE. In fact, your entire profile used to be about the same until you replaced it with plagiarism instead!!
 Sue-De-Nym
Msg: 69
Posted: 4/6/2009 9:26:52 AM
you really a dummy

Yes, MLT - you've nailed me. "I realy a dummy". As much fun as it would be to eviscerate you right now, I won't . You're absolutely not worth the time or effort and this message board is for civil discussion.

And the reason I visit your profile is so that I can see whose profile you've most recently plagiarized - several weeks ago it was previouslyme's profile, then MINE and now you've claimed you wrote a poem that you didn't write. You really are SILLY, MLT. That's why you have issues on here - not because you're BLACK (that's your imagination) but because you're just plain silly.

"Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

-Mark Twain

SusieStL
Msg: 70
Posted: 4/6/2009 9:45:05 AM
on a lighter note... IF you didn't make it to Shady Jack's this past Sat... sorry for you.

It was a total blast and per the pics, I am sure you can tell it wasn't like junior high. This had to be the most fun party I have been to. It seems the more times we are getting together the more peeps are starting to mingle and meet each other.

I personally, when I first signed up on this site, I was NOT ready for a serious/committed relationship. (I wasn't legally divorced then--I am now) In my opinion and many counselors, it is best to not get into a serious relationship for 2 years minimum after a divorce. Some I know can go there sooner, some can't. Having said all of that....I have met some great females on this site. We have become friends. A few I am close with and keep in close contact with...others it is socially but it is nice to see them, catch up with what is going on in their life and do some dancing.

I also feel one can never had too many friends. It is called life. I like to have fun and before POF... well it was a lot of sitting at home on a Saturday night watching tv or babysitting my grand daughters. (I love my girls but NOT every sat night LOL)

We are all different, from all walks of life, from all races, some being a Christian and some of other faiths, in all sizes, some are tall ( me LOL) some are short, some feel a little smokie smokie is ok (not me), and some don't, some can speak many lauguages (me on the other hand, I'm lucky I can speak one LOL and sometimes not to the best) some of us have had diversity training (via my employer) and some NEED to have this training. It is what it is... I just know I am grateful for POF and the friends I have made from this site.

It truly is MY choice who I speak to and socialize with... it is called living in USA. It is a benefit of living in the country with FREEDOM.

ONE THING I FEEL WE ALL HAVE IN COMMON, we are all looking to get out and enjoy life.

JMO

peace
 mlt71
Msg: 71
Posted: 4/6/2009 10:09:18 AM
I plagiarized you the world's worst b-i-t-c-h
I write everything in my profile from the heart and its honest.
Next, I don't have to go to a party to know how the people are when you write your bullshit on here for everybody to read

LAST AND I SAY THIS I KNOW YOU HATE IT WHEN A LOUD MOUTH OUT PLACE NIGGA TALKING SORRY THAT JUST ME. WHEN I SEE BULL-SHIT LIKE YOU (AND YOUR FRIENDS) JUST PISS ME OFF HOW IN EVERY FORM YOU GANG UP ON PEOPLE LIKE THEY POINTS ARE DUM AND PLAN SILLY. YOU ACT LIKE YOU BETTER. THAT YOU ARE RIGHT AND EVERYBODY POINT IS **** UP.
BUT LIKE I SAY THERE IS ALWAYS SOMEBODY TALKING SHIT BEHIND A COMPUTER. TO A PERSON THEY NEVER GOING TO MEET OR DON'T EVEN KNOW
I BE THINKING THEY SHOULD HOPE AND PRAY A NIGGA NEVER GO TO A PARTY
IF I DID YOU WOULD TALK NOTHING. YOU BE SITTING THERE LOOKING DUM,HEAD DOWN
AND NOT SAYING SHIT. CAUSE YOU KNOW I GO CHRIS BROWN ON THAT ASS. CAUSE I DON'T GIVE A ****. THAT'S WHAT I TRY TO TELL PEOPLE YOU NEED TO HAVE ME ON MY GOOD SIDE. MY BAD SIDE IS WORST. OR I COULD BE TALKING SHIT MYSELF FOR ATTENTION. YOU KNOW THAT POF FAME, BUT YOU NEVER KNOW.

sorry for anybody that has to see my ugly side. I am sorry for anybody that has to read this.. The ugly people brings this out of me. One day I hope to walk away from the ugly people they lies and bullshit.
 previouslyme
Msg: 72
Posted: 4/6/2009 10:27:06 AM
MLT... It isn't that way, it may seem it to you. I changed my profile pic, one of my friends is in the picture with me at Shady Jack's. I have one at home that is better of him, but my profile is about me, not him. I have several black friends that would come to the parties if they were closer. Not because of the predominance of white people. I would think that if you would become more involved at the parties, you would enjoy yourself, and add to the style. We each bring something different to these parties.

One of the challenges in life is to get past the negativity to get to a good place. Yes, venting can help. Choose your words a little more wisely. I think you did a great job making your profile more positive. I don't know what you may or may not have copied. If you want to use my words, tell me, I am flattered. You will see on my profile that I have used words of others that expressed what I wanted to say better than I could. I even said that I copied it with permission. If you saw some of the negative things I see in my job, you would look at things much differently.
 jussweet
Msg: 73
Posted: 4/6/2009 10:34:05 AM
Ok here's my 2 cents worth. MLT.... we recently have had several black people attend our parties and some of them have become good friends! Case in point Truman! All us chickees just love him. Write him a note... I'm sure he'll tell you we are a fun group. NO I am not talking a fun group of sexual partners either! We have become good friends with him. Haven't seen him around lately btw where is he? I have also seen other black women and men at our parties and "hangin" with us. Never have seen it as a problem.
I personally know many people here on POF women and men. When I go to a party I usually talk with my closest friends then I do walk around most of the night "visiting" with other people I know. I usually end up back somewhere with the people I am closest to. It's just a natural thing. I have walked up to many men and women and said "welcome to POF party, hope your having fun, if you don't know anyone and want someone to hang with find me"!
 previouslyme
Msg: 74
Posted: 4/6/2009 10:39:30 AM
Truman is signed up for Sharky's! I can't wait to see him. He enjoys the dancing some too!
 Sue-De-Nym
Msg: 75
Posted: 4/6/2009 10:39:59 AM
Wow, nice post, MLT. Did you really just THREATEN ME with physical harm?

:modhammer:
Show ALL Forums  > Missouri  > IS POF A "KLICK" & WHY ARNT HIPPIES ALLOWED