Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 playmates
Msg: 300
Tattoos on women turn on or turn off? just curiousPage 4 of 22    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22)
I agree with you, tattoos on women are very sexy. One thing I hope for is a woman with a tattoo on her lower leg, and one on her back.
 playmates
Msg: 301
Tattoos on women turn on or turn off? just curious
Posted: 7/26/2007 3:18:54 AM
What about the tongue ring? I think it is just as good.
 playmates
Msg: 302
Posted: 7/26/2007 3:22:50 AM
Yeah, good point, but they won't be paying too much attention to the tattoos on your feet because they're getting their ass kicked. I thought tattoos are there for people to look at and appreciate.
 Hippiedude22
Msg: 304
view profile
History
Posted: 7/27/2007 12:41:28 AM
inked up, full of holes gets me off... :)
 Rhubarbara
Msg: 309
view profile
History
Posted: 7/27/2007 9:50:34 AM
I wonder this myself as well. I have 5. All hideable except for one on my wrist which is a nauticle star with my grandsons name whom we lost to SIDS at 28 days old. My children said they were surprised that I had it placed where it would always be seen...I explained that since he was in heaven and I would never see him again in this life, that I wanted to be able to have a visual reminder visable. In this day and age...almost everyone has at least one. My 15 year old daughter actually got one on her lower back for her birthday. Of course it is a butterfly...LOL, which is exactly what my son guessed she got, stating all girls mostly get a butterfly for their first tat.

Shouldn't matter to others what we choose to have inscribed on our bodies...It is our body. If they bother you so much that you can't see past them to see the person...then that person must not be for you.
 cw35
Msg: 310
view profile
History
Posted: 7/27/2007 6:20:04 PM
Don't rule them out (depending on the person) but generally I find them kind of gross on women (not so fond of them on either sex really). It's even more of a turn off on older women for me. I try my best not to base my opinions on the physical though.
 squirterforyou
Msg: 311
Posted: 7/27/2007 7:41:05 PM
Just got new ink yesterday... to all those who want to see send me an email and I will happily share the photo with you.

All my ink is for personal reasons, and all can be covered when I go to work ....
 goodman29
Msg: 313
Posted: 7/27/2007 11:17:43 PM
While I respect the freedom to have a tattoo, I think when a woman puts a tattoo on her body, she takes away from her beauty. I just don't think a woman's body should be used as a canvas. Piercings can go away eventually but tats are there forever, unless you spend the thousands required to remove them. Not sure what it costs but I know it's not cheap. To me it seems shallow and selfish, though I'm sure every tattoo has a "special meaning". Call me old fashioned if you want to for this opinion, but it seems to me that every person that gets a tattoo wants to be unique...so there's a hundred million people with tattoos that want to be unique. It seems there all the same. It might be something special to you but to somebody else, it's just another tat....unless of course, it's somebody else with a tat. I personally am attracted to a woman who's frame of mind and character doesn't need a tattoo to feel beautiful and unique. It all seems like "monkey see, monkey do". I think there are exceptions for military honors, such as special forces, in which case it would be a huge honor to have such a tattoo on the shoulder or upper arm. It just seems like a shame to reduce the beautiful work of art of the femal body to a graffitti canvas. All guys are ugly anyway so who cares what guys do? PS. This is just my opinion and it was not meant to offend anybody with tattoos.
 kart71
Msg: 316
Posted: 7/29/2007 2:59:34 PM
Turn off Hides a womens beauty Hard to find a good women with out them
 *mouse*
Msg: 317
Posted: 7/29/2007 10:27:46 PM
I love tattoo's on anyone, well not anyone I hate when people get them done for fad purposes. Those are the ones that get regretted. I have my cancer symbol on the back of my neck. I did not get it as a way to be unique, to rebel, or to add to my beauty. In turn it is something that represents myself, and I feel that is important.
I do believe that people are capable of getting ugly tattoo's, that are hideous and just dont seem like they could mean anything at all.
But nothing turns me on more then being able to look at a person that is just trying to express themself as a whole, and that is confident enough in themselves to get it done.
 gigigrongbell
Msg: 318
Posted: 7/30/2007 12:16:16 AM
it makes me think

Why THAT tatoo?

Why there?

and I make simplistics theorys as to the persons personality.

a barb wire fence around his arm .. he wants to look tough --
a butterfly on his ass .. hmmm he wants me to look .. does he want me to touch
a rocket near his****.. he has an obsession with size.

A tatoo on my ass might say I like doggie and want him to see it.
Does a tatoo on my shoulder means I want him to dominate me and pull my hair
Does a small tatoo on my ankle means I am hesitant to commit to a more meaningful tatoo and I dont want to reveal too much

A snake on my lower abdomen .. well the symbol is obvious .. or is it?
 MrBenC
Msg: 326
view profile
History
Posted: 7/30/2007 12:59:55 PM
Test. I'm still trying to figure out how to work the forums. Please ignore this.
 MrBenC
Msg: 327
view profile
History
Posted: 7/30/2007 1:02:33 PM
Tattoos? I know that I don't like them.

But, the biggest sticking point is if she have any tattoos, at all, then they can only be in places that are completely hidden if she is dressed to work in a professional environment.

Even so, I don't like them much.
 goodman29
Msg: 329
Posted: 7/31/2007 12:09:36 PM

I did not get mine to feel beautiful or unique, I already have those qualities. A work of art on a work of art is a beautiful thing.

I've never seen a work of art, on a work of art that was beautiful. I've seen graffiti on the side of buildings that I'm sure the artists felt they were improving the scenery. Others call it vandalism. I can't imagine trying to improve the Mona Lisa with my own influence. I don't think Leonard would approve of such an act. Nor would he approve of me adding a Scooby Doo to the ceiling of the sistine chapel where the human body is so prevalent. If intelligence is attractive, which for me is a huge turn on by the way, tattoos have a way of seeming contradictary to intelligence. I've never met an (above average) intelligent woman with tattoos. I think people are happy with their tattoos because they have no choice. I respect your right and freedom to do what you want and I will defend it to the death. To each his own!!
 casexia
Msg: 333
Posted: 7/31/2007 9:16:29 PM
i love them whether it's few or full body i love it it's deeper than physical most people don't understand that most are free thinkers and open minded intelligent people. i plan on getting a few myself women with tats are awesome many tats have personal meanings and can show a certain side of a person it's funny how people stereotype people with tats as crazy or trying hide something or become beautiful you wear make up to look beautiful you get a tat to express something or show your own personal interest in something or because you jut happen to like them. reasons vary but one thing is for sure the look lovely on women and i'd glady take the tatted women off of the hands of whoever doesn't want them
 PrettiestGirlInTheBar
Msg: 346
Posted: 8/2/2007 8:51:02 AM
I have three. All small, two are black, one is in colour. Everyone is certainly entitled to his or her opinion (*cough*Bender*cough*) and as much as some men wouldn't want to be with a woman who's got tattoos, I wouldn't want to be with a man who was outright againt them. Sure, they don't suit everyone - neither do hot pants or the colour orange. But it's a personal choice.

Still, the question of the thread was asking how everyone feels about tattoos. Why shoot somebody down for voicing their response? Even if some responses sound pretty ignorant.

Sidebar : Maggie - you're gorgeous! You look absolutely fabulous. Not even "for your age", just fabulous.
 sheerhunk
Msg: 347
view profile
History
Posted: 8/2/2007 10:13:37 AM
I don't like tatoo's on women . I think it makes them look Cheap. I like my women to look feminine. I have a daughter that has tatoo's and she knows how I feel but she did them anyway's . She hooked up with this guy who bought himself a tatoo kit and he put tatoo's on her ankles and a big butterfly on her leg. I told her she could nver get a decent office Job looking like that. I never knew how many she had until she got arrested last year . Here where I live you can look at the courts online . I found her picture online and they had all her tatoos listed and where they were on her body. She had 9 of them.
 PrettiestGirlInTheBar
Msg: 349
Posted: 8/2/2007 11:02:28 AM
This from the same guy who suggested that aboriginals are cannibalistic.

Ignorant was quite possibly the nicest thing I could have said.
 PrettiestGirlInTheBar
Msg: 351
Posted: 8/2/2007 12:00:58 PM
I get like that when I see perforated ears, lips and skin. It freaks me out, it's aboriginal and tribal, and I expect people to be barbequing the kids on the front lawn when the sun goes down.

I'm done.

(wait...no, I'm not - ranting about men? Did I do that? Men are GREAT!)
 suburban_cowgirl
Msg: 352
Posted: 8/2/2007 12:17:51 PM
I happen to have one. I just got it and it is on my foot. It means something to me too. I don't agree with getting a tattoo simply because it looks pretty. And I have to agree that the lower back tattoo always seems to be a slightly altered version of the same thing
 hockeymedicine
Msg: 353
view profile
History
Posted: 8/2/2007 12:34:25 PM
it all depends on the person looking at them. i know for me, the typical flash tattoos its def a turnoff. if you are gonna get a tattoo, at least be original. the tramp stamp is kinda old, but ive still seen some tastefully well done. armbands- belong on nfl defensive linemen.
 vhdc
Msg: 358
Posted: 8/4/2007 9:25:39 AM
I don't like cowboy hats...so I don't wear one.
 goodman29
Msg: 359
Posted: 8/4/2007 1:19:39 PM

I don't like cowboy hats...so I don't wear one.

He may decide one day that he no longer likes them either, but since it's not permantly stitched to his scalp with titanium staples, at least he can take it off and hang it on the rack.
 vhdc
Msg: 360
Posted: 8/4/2007 3:43:28 PM
Lucky for me if I should choose to have it lasered off I could, your point is? Mine being that I don't like cowboys hats so I don't get one.
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >