Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Are there any people left that date one at a time?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 valerie555
Msg: 198
Are there any people left that date one at a time?Page 14 of 14    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14)
Yes. It's hard to focuson more than one at a time.
 Lionesse19
Msg: 199
Are there any people left that date one at a time?
Posted: 7/20/2012 11:30:19 PM
It is up to you who you date. Unless I am in an exclusive relationship I would date whoever interests me to keep the options open and everyone is entitled to do that. If a woman is interested in you seriously she will concentrate on you, otherwise not. Cyberspace dating is competitive because of the number of men that women have to choose from and women are spoiled for choice very often if they are in any way attractive. Dating one at a time is for those that have serious interest in a person and want to develop the connection.
 shoopashoes
Msg: 200
Posted: 7/21/2012 1:14:23 AM
I date or chat in general to one at a time. As honestly it tends to take some time to even find one you seem attracted to and get along with. However as the poster above says, this does constantly backfire. However I am not at the point to be speaking or trying to meet 5 people, as for me that would show none of them were more then anything will do rather then be alone.
I do cut them off very quickly now and just keep moving along as soon as they start the obvious games or are clearly lining up a lot. But no I only want to date someone who stood out from the start ( same as any ex ), not just end up with someone who really could of been anyone in the bunch.
 NikonGuy007
Msg: 201
view profile
History
Posted: 9/29/2015 4:00:28 PM
I would MUCH prefer to date one woman at a time
however,
too many women are flakey, game players. And, I've learned the hard way, if you put all your eggs in their basket, they will disappoint every single time.

Better to have 2 (or more if you can do it), going at the same time.

My experience with women has been, "Two is one. And one is none." Unfortunately, for a lot of women, if they don't think you have any other options, they will act a fool.

Very difficult for me to do now, as an old codger, but, "back in the day", if a woman acted up, I was "on to the next".

This one time, at band camp...............................a woman I was into, pulled a "disappearing act" on me for a few months........................turned out she was pregnant with (another) kid from her baby daddy.

She resurfaced months later. By that time, I had met a much more attractive (childless) woman. I had the most gigantic s-eating grin on my face when she called me talking about, "Sorry I disappeared but..........................."

I was like, "No problem. I am seeing someone else." She was like, "Well........................ can't you date two women at the same time?"

"Sure I can, but I don't want to."

Bye.
 NJgirl116
Msg: 202
Posted: 9/29/2015 4:43:55 PM
You resurrected the 3 year old thread to tell us this story?
 JoeBnD
Msg: 203
Posted: 9/29/2015 5:12:20 PM
I date zero at a time. It simplifies life.
 SLAFFA
Msg: 204
Posted: 9/29/2015 5:15:33 PM
Yup, but I have met 2 women on the same day once. [first meets that just happened to work out that way] But I would have quickly cancelled the second meet on short notice had the first lady been one of those rare ones I wanted to see again for an actual "date".

The "force" is strong that way.

Very strong.
 MillaKitten92
Msg: 205
Posted: 9/29/2015 7:24:32 PM
I try to date one at a time, usually ends up that way. I'm in a difficult position at the moment but it might be simpler ooor more complicated than I thought not sure. I am guessing I will see. Although I am enjoying being single now. Really getting used to it. It is rather pleasant really. Lots more time for hobbies he he. I'm growing blueberries and strawberries inside. Hoping to add blackberries or raspberries to my collection. Also want to get a fluval edge 12 gallon aquarium and put some cute fishies in it. Need to wait till my desk comes though, it was *supposed* to be in this week but nope.
 purplerider1200
Msg: 206
view profile
History
Posted: 9/29/2015 8:36:30 PM
I date one at a time- once a year.

(Provided I hit all the lights, the wind's at at my back, and I going down hill- maybe)
 south_city
Msg: 207
Posted: 9/29/2015 8:50:35 PM
Going out on with 1-3 dates with someone is not an exclusive relationship. I don't necessarily put all of my eggs in 1 basket that early. Even when a first or second date goes well, there is no guarantee that there is going to be another date due to a variety of reasons. If things start to get more serious between us after 3-5 dates, then I will consider an exclusive relationship.
 rockin-trucker82
Msg: 208
Posted: 9/30/2015 8:06:54 AM

Focusing on one at a time can (and usually does) shoot you in the foot.

So does dating all 5 of those women at the same time. No matter what, it's ultimately going to come down to picking one, or picking none of them. The more you know about the person, the easier that choice is.

There needs to be balance and communication. Remember, dating those other 5 could cost you the girl you end up wishing you were with. You can't learn that much about that many people at one time. You kind of do need intimacy to really get to that point. (not sex, intimacy in the way that every professional on the topic uses the word)

Both approaches to dating have their pros and cons, you can't really say that one is better than the other. But depending on what your relationship goals are, one way will tend to give a slight advantage over the other.
 ClooneysMentor
Msg: 209
Posted: 10/3/2015 1:58:06 PM
Harems are expensive.

Yup, but I have met 2 women on the same day once.

Ahh...The Double Header

Tried one of those once and it backfired.

I got too tipsy on the lunch date and was sunburned by the dinner date :(
 south_city
Msg: 210
Posted: 10/3/2015 2:36:44 PM

Yup, but I have met 2 women on the same day once.

I did too. One woman needed to reschedule it was the only mutual free time we had. I had lunch with 1 woman at noon and drinks with another woman at 8pm.
 NJgirl116
Msg: 211
Posted: 10/3/2015 2:47:29 PM
Rockin Trucker 82 got deleted now?
 ClooneysMentor
Msg: 212
Posted: 10/3/2015 2:48:44 PM
I think him and Motown are taking things offline.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Are there any people left that date one at a time?