Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Is it wrong to report / turn in illegal Aliens      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Mr-Amazing
Msg: 226
Is it wrong to report / turn in illegal AliensPage 10 of 15    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15)
I've had some stuff going on and haven't had a chance to fully catch up on the thread.

But I will say instead of looking at those from the outside "ruining" our country, I have had first hand experience that those aren't the ones "ruining" finding a job for us. Maybe it's those on the already *inside* that our ruining things from the original people finding a job?

Maybe someone should start a thread...

"Caucasians. Do they believe they have Entitlements that exceed other races and force Imperialism down others throats?"

But you know what if I posted that some idiot would say "You just said *ALL* Caucasians... blah blah blah..."

Some, a few, and perhaps as high as most (though *most* isn't really likely...)

I guess on internet forum boards you really have to spell EVERYTHING out to people.
 Ezzee
Msg: 227
Is it wrong to report / turn in illegal Aliens
Posted: 4/16/2009 8:50:59 AM

I would suggest that it is nearly impossible to not do business with anyone employing illegal aliens.

It is why I said, “Whenever possible”, try to comprehend what is written rather than merely reading. It is a shame and an outrage that a great many business do employ illegals.

Which is why I said that I would suggest it is "nearly impossible." I would suggest you take your own advice. How did you put it to me?

try to comprehend what is written rather than merely reading.
 soisaid
Msg: 228
Posted: 4/18/2009 4:32:20 PM
well now according to this article the government knows where a whole lot of them are. They not only know where they are the ( the US government) are sending them checks - tax returns.. lol,, and some people question why other people are getting fed up with our government?

IG: Foreigners allowed improper tax credits by IRS
By STEPHEN OHLEMACHER Stephen Ohlemacher – Thu Apr 16, 7:38 pm ET
WASHINGTON – The IRS allowed foreign workers — many of them in the U.S. illegally — to improperly claim nearly $7 billion in child tax credits from 2004 to 2007, a government investigator said Thursday.

Most of the credits went to workers who didn't make enough money to pay any federal income taxes, J. Russell George, the Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration, said in a report. In those cases, the workers received payments from the Internal Revenue Service after filing income tax returns.

The IRS allowed the tax credits even though the workers did not provide Social Security numbers on their tax returns, the report said. Instead, the workers used government-issued tax identification numbers, which are available to immigrants for certain tax-filing purposes — regardless of their legal status — but are not valid for employment in the U.S.

The issue highlights a weakness in current law, according to the report. Federal law does not require a Social Security number to receive the $1,000 child tax credit. But a Social Security number is required to work and earn wages in the U.S., the report said.

"As it now stands, the payment of federal funds through this tax benefit appears to provide an additional incentive for aliens to enter, reside and work in the U.S. without authorization, which contradicts federal law and policy to remove such incentives," the report said.

The IRS said it supports efforts to require Social Security numbers to receive the child tax credit. In the meantime, the IRS has stepped up efforts to ensure that immigrants do not improperly obtain Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers, the agency said in a written response to the report.

The IRS also said the Social Security Administration is working to ensure that workers have valid Social Security numbers.

The IG's report said those efforts are insufficient. Investigators were able to identify nearly 293,000 employers who filed wage statements in 2006 that listed tax identification numbers instead of Social Security numbers for workers, a 15 percent increase from two years earlier.

The 2006 wage statements, or Forms W-2, covered nearly 791,000 workers reporting more than $9.5 billion in wages, the report said.

"Although the IRS has data available to identify these individuals and employers, no significant actions are taken to address the noncompliance," the report said.

The child tax credit allows millions of families to cut their federal income taxes by up to $1,000 per child. It is also available to families that don't make enough money to pay any federal income taxes. Those families receive payments after they file their tax returns.

The IG's report found an increasing number of foreign workers improperly taking the credit because, without Social Security numbers, they were not authorized to work and earn wages in the U.S.

For 2004, 626,000 foreign workers improperly claimed $778 million in child tax credits even though they didn't make enough money to pay any federal income taxes. By 2007, the number of low-wage foreign workers improperly claiming the credit increased to 1.2 million, and the value of those credits jumped to nearly $1.8 billion.

An additional 774,000 foreign workers with higher incomes improperly claimed the tax credit to lower their tax bills by $622 million in 2007, the report said.

___

On the Net:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090416/ap_on_re_us/tax_credits_illegal_immigrants_5
 soisaid
Msg: 229
Posted: 4/18/2009 4:36:08 PM
Oh My! I said that ^^^^^^^^ AND I am a vet! I might be a terriorists!

sounds like it could be a joke,, you might be a terriorist if ________!

sounds like just ANOTHER good reason to be upset with the government.
 Bigrockinguy
Msg: 230
Posted: 4/18/2009 5:54:34 PM
No just send them to Witch Mountain
 NoBushLover
Msg: 231
view profile
History
Posted: 4/21/2009 10:11:57 AM
Crossing the border isn't a crime. It's violation of civil law.
 hard starboard
Msg: 232
view profile
History
Posted: 4/21/2009 10:25:03 AM
It depends upon what the meaning of the word 'is' is.
 Honcho
Msg: 233
Posted: 4/21/2009 3:54:15 PM
Luna, I am retired law enforcement. I called INS once to report an illegal alien and they will not come to pick up one individual alien, a bus load perhaps, but not one.
They also informed me that if the alien marries an American, then they can apply for citizenship. Like any nationality we have had problems with Mexican aliens. One murdered a girl in a fit of rage and stabbed her 54 times! Others have gotten into machete fights. Indeed most are good workers but I think there should be a quota on nationalities that are allowed to enter our country. You don't hear a lot about Poles, Russians, Italians, Germans, etc. etc. Its just that Mexico is so close we get a lot of Mexicans because our borders are not secure. What is to stop an Al Queda member or some other terrorist from coming into the USA via Mexico? I don't know whether the Social Security cards like green cards are forged but suspect a lot of them are because there is a high influx of Mexican children in our schools and our government spends a lot on them, especially medical bills. But why should they be allowed in so freely when other nationalities have a quota?
 hereshecomesagain
Msg: 234
Posted: 4/21/2009 8:00:36 PM
I married a Mexican National whom I have known for many years. My coworker just married a Columbian. I live in a community that has a lot of cross border marriages. We aren't being denied our right to marry. We accept the process as legit and reasonable though expensive. It will take years for him to get citizenship. I had to pledge to support him FOR LIFE. He won't end up on welfare, he proved he is diesease free and vaccinated through INS authorized clinics and he and I BOTH must pass a background check (done once for his tourist visa and my job) and then there are interviews and more. This process helps protect our country from sham marriages.

A tax ID number takes time and documentation. I could not claim him on my taxes. The tax system is a mess and should not be used as an example for why illegals should be turned in. Fair tax is the only way to go.

I know Mexico is bad in places, but not so bad in others. The people crossing in large groups are individuals who are suffering and they should be treated with compassion. On the other side of the coin, we have the right to limit immigration to people who are free of disease, who can support themselves and who are not criminals. This is the reason for legal immigration processes. Illegals are suspect in all manner because they have no proof of health or crime free lives. Turn the coin over again and you have people in a political system that turns good people into criminals and monsters into police officers. You have sick refugees who have no where else to go, you have children with no hope and no vaccines. Turn the coin over again, we have third world situations IN OUR OWN COUNTRY. Sometimes I want to take pictures of shacks and trailers and make a big photo book for the President called "Little Pink Houses For You and Me."

Mexico is easy for terrorists to enter and yes, they try to cross the border to America.

The Mexican government is a huge part of the problem.

It's not simple. If you think it is, then you don't get it.
 Got Trance
Msg: 235
Posted: 4/21/2009 9:29:37 PM

(CBS) It was 5 a.m. and CBS News national correspondent Byron Pitts is with a woman who is nine months pregnant. She's rushed to a south Texas hospital to undergo a C-section - a $4,700 medical procedure that won't cost her a dime. She qualifies for emergency Medicaid.
Gee, My former wife and I are American citizens and even with insurance I still had to pay a big chunk to the hospital when my son was born.

Take healthcare for example -- an estimated $1.1 billion per year for undocumented men, women and children, according to the Rand Corporation.

Joe Riley is the CEO of the McAllen Texas Medical Center near the Texas-Mexico border. Forty percent of the children born there, nearly 2,400 last year, were the babies of illegal immigrants.

I agree with the statement below.

Rep. Lamar Smith, R-Texas, said: "It is not fair to the taxpayers who have to foot the bill."

Congress has all but given up on comprehensive immigration reform. But lawmakers like Smith want to solve birth citizenship to illegal immigrants, in part by challenging the 14th Amendment, which guarantees U.S. citizenship to any child born in America.

"It seems fundamentally wrong that we ought to give the greatest honor of their citizenship," Smith said. "His or her mother came across the border illegally."
 Byrd
Msg: 236
view profile
History
Posted: 4/21/2009 10:03:36 PM
Watch out those who troll this thread karma might send a bunch of illegals your way it did me..Now they want my I.D. My house, bike fak!! They want my life take me down with a knife/ make eyeball tacos/ even use my testies as ping pong balls.....
 tarantino_fan
Msg: 237
Posted: 4/22/2009 1:16:22 PM
The term 'illegal alien' should answer the question before it was even asked.

I lived in a nice town back in Nebraska, and in a little over 4 years I watched the demographics do a 180.

The house that was next door to us was a nice little 2 bedroom house with a nice yard. My mom had considered buying it once, but soon it was sold to an illegal alien. This nice little two bedroom house soon housed 20+ illegal aliens. They all took jobs working as construction workers putting up a power plant for OPPD. My brother was also working their at the time. The average weekly salary was around 1200. But the illegal aliens were paid 'under the table.' They still took home 800 weekly. Now you do the math... 800/wk for the 15 men working in that house. The five women that lived there were all pregnant.

The town got so over-run that Thursday became know as "Hell Night" to all the local retailers. They literally had 5 school buses full of aliens that after they'd get off work on paydays would hit all of the stores really hard. You'd think it would be good for the economy... wrong. I was, at the time, working at wal-mart. With such a large rush of people coming in, not knowing how to speak english, they'd literally ramsack the store. It was a mess. The poor cashiers on many occasions would get sexually harassed. It got to the point we had to have the guys from in-stock come up and bag for us as to have someone around us that would prevent any groping etc.

The town was absolutely a wonderful place when we got there, but the houses and businesses were litterally falling apart because of these people.

I'm sorry if their lives in Mexico sucked, but if you're not here legally, I believe you need to be sent back.

Now am I racist because of that statement? No. Not even close. I have plenty of hispanic friends who's families came here legally.
 hereshecomesagain
Msg: 238
Posted: 4/22/2009 1:23:41 PM
WOW. I'm not going to get into a cut and paste pizzin match - just sayin my words were read all wrong. Take note that I currently work in a field where I and my coworkers frequently encounter illegals, detain them,and hand them over. We patrol the military ranges and assist in what way we can to track and apprehend smugglers whenever it is asked of us (sometimes we are asked to stay out of the way) and it has gotten dangerous enough that my gun and radio are not enough, we now MUST go out with a partner.

My own children have been in these schools where kids have been bussed up from the border on sham residency ID's and I have dealt with the issues first hand, in my face.

BTW, take note that these unvaccinatable diseases that were vitually wiped out and are coming from other countries are not a case in point for unvaccinated children being "bad". Superbugs were created here, in America and are the current concern. Old bugs still coming from other countries are dealt with same as always. A child sick with tuberculosis is unlikely to attend school in any country. Any foreign child without vaccines should receive American funded shots because that helps to safeguard our own children. I think that for every vaccine sold to an American clinic, one should be provided for doctors who volunteer in third world clinics. Don't tell me drug companies can't afford it. So should antibiotics be provided, but then I'm a believer in the simpler solutions of providing ozone sterilization and peroxide therapy.

I just feel that if you want to attack my words, slow down and ask first to clarify : i.e., I was critizing the Mexican government and police force, not our own. Good cops in Mexico get murdered before too long. I know Mexico very well. I know gangs here very well, Indian, Asian, Black, WHITE.

I never said good people steal, I said that the govt. there criminalizes good (INNOCENT) people. and so on.
 hereshecomesagain
Msg: 239
Posted: 4/22/2009 3:28:01 PM
A point I missed in the above dialogue: I'm wondering why the term "illegal alien" is being tied to Hispanic and Mexico? I am speaking more globally. Most of the UDA's we (in my workplace) process are NOT Mexican Nationals and they are Native Latin Americans of various countries and are only "Latino/Hispanic" by virtue of their second language. They have no documentation of existence in their own country and cannot ever be processed legally here without programs like amnesty.They live in rural areas which are going through crazy drought and famine, which NO medical care is accessible, and a certain hidden bit of genocide warfare is occurring.

I am aware of Mexican medical care. Do not be mislead that all the poor have what they need there. My husband had insurance through his Mexican job and it left him hanging for care at a time he needed it most. It is one of the many reasons why I decided that I want my husband on this side of the border instead of me on that side.

We and many of my friends and neighbors are working hard and have worked hard to do this the right way. We do not defend the illegal way. It is NOT, however a simple cause effect problem with an easy solution and it does demand compassion and fairness and no small amount of compromise. Freaking out with anger and blanket judgments and finger pointing and anecdotal "facts" and racist propaganda provides no solution.

As far as groups taking over a town, this is where the problem is bad employers, poor policing, and greedy markets come in. These large groups shoved in a house are not collecting individual paychecks, their smuggler is. Their smuggler also applies for and collects any benefits and doles out the bare minimum. Women are kept as baby factories and sex slaves. Any town can set up laws that stop multifamilies in a small house and require maintence of a yard and keeping the police. Any citizen can turn in a bad employer or suspected smuggler who keeps SLAVES. Any store can regulate behavior of its patrons and hire security. Be proactive.
 Byrd
Msg: 240
view profile
History
Posted: 4/24/2009 7:57:31 PM
Well this is what I get my karma for being a bleeding heart liberal..I've straight up given up jobs for those people fed them always treated everyone equal alot of damn good that did over this stupid pitbull drama going on at my house all my bleeding heart liberal friends have run away even my best friend I would have died for it's just me and my 2 cats old cats well maybe it's mean't to be..All my neighbors are shut up in their houses afraid to even look out alls I have for weapons is acouple steel rods and a big wooden stick I'm sure these maggots got guns..All day the phones been ringing alittle while ago some coward left a message in spanish and I don't know what they said....But if I'm not here the next few days bye P.O.F.ers I hope you find what your looking for..IF i GET THROUGH THIS NOT ONLY AM i RE REGISTERING AS A REPUBIE I'M BUYING A GUN WITH MY STIMULAS.....I don't think I'll be cutting my hair though...Later Byrd
 abby156
Msg: 241
Posted: 4/24/2009 8:06:20 PM
I would never turn them in. If they are looking for legit work. So many asses in the US exploit these people and pay them poor wages for hard work. In my experience I have seem mexican immigrants to be very hard workers. Whether they were legal I dont know. I have no clue about the legal status of a mexican that is my handiman. He does a great job and is reasonable about his wage. I pay him well above min wage for a job well done.
 oddandy
Msg: 242
Posted: 4/24/2009 8:22:22 PM

.IF i GET THROUGH THIS NOT ONLY AM i RE REGISTERING AS A REPUBIE I'M BUYING A GUN WITH MY STIMULAS.

Go Libertarian, Byrd. We gots the good brownies
 OpenWaterCaptn
Msg: 243
Posted: 4/24/2009 8:28:19 PM
libertarian is the way to go....we like peace, guns, recycling and hunting
 SAguy_06
Msg: 244
Posted: 4/25/2009 4:05:01 AM
Im confused...isnt the Libertarian position on Immigration-

Let Peaceful People Cross Borders Freely
People have the right to travel anywhere, and to take any job offered them, so long as they do it at their own expense and without violating the rights of others.

A way to help the poor is to let them go where the work is, regardless of borders. Studies show that immigrants don't take jobs from others, they add to the economy and help create more jobs.

America was built by immigrants who came here seeking nothing but opportunity and freedom - and created the greatest, most productive society ever.

Respect for human rights and compassion for the world's poor require that we relax immigration restrictions.
 oddandy
Msg: 245
Posted: 4/25/2009 11:12:49 AM
Libertarian is a guise for World Communism

LOL. Libertarians are far more conservative than the liberal-spending Republicans could ever claim to be. Good job on twice-electing the most liberal spender to ever curse the White House. This is why the GOP has turned into such a joke these days. They're more liberal than the dems in the spending and growth of government departments. Shame on them!

That said, people need to learn to distinguish between the Libertarian Party which we call "big L Libertarians" and "little l libertarians" who don't support the libertarian party at all but who believe in fiscal conservatism (unlike Republicans) and social liberalism (unlike most democrats.) I myself am a "little l" libertarian. I am at odds with the LP on many issues, immigration being one of them. That said, the LP doesn't support a single one of the numerous social programs that illegals benefit from, which is REALLY the reason illegals are a problem right now. You'll not find ayd LPers supporting welfare in any form, and on this I agree with them. Shut down the gravy train and illegal aliens are a far smaller problem than they are now. It is a FAR less costly solution to the problem. See, libertarians like to actually save money rather than throw money at a problem. This is why so many former Republicans are now libertarians. The GOP talks the talk but demonstrably does not walk the walk. The GOP is no longer the party of conservatism.

And Splendere, once again you speak without being informed. I doubt you'll find a single libertarian who voted for Obama, for the same reason you won't find one who voted for the GOP candidate - We don't believe in leftist spending practices. Furthermore, your resorting to calling those who oppose your LIBERAL GOP as communists is oh so cliche'. If you want to look for the hidden architects of worldwide communism look no further than your own party. Try looking at spending records instead of listening to rhetoric for a change. Your party spent more money and grew the government more than any other president in history. No longer are FDR and LBJ the leftist boogeymen. Now it is George Bush, who soundly beat both their records while magaing to eviscerate the constitution at the same time. Communist, indeed!

People often embrace a party they know nothing about :wink:
 SAguy_06
Msg: 246
Posted: 4/25/2009 12:09:26 PM
Well event the Bankrupt and corrupt Dems and Repos have Platforms and beliefs...What are the planks of the Small l party...And if they are not affiliated with the Big L party, why dont they think of a better name for their political party other that small l...

Why not the Patriot Party...or the Free American Party,...or the Individualist Party...anything would be better than the small l party...
 oddandy
Msg: 247
Posted: 4/25/2009 12:11:52 PM
^^Because we're not a political party, we're independents who happen to believe in fiscal conservatism and social liberalism. That is the definition of a little-l libertarian. Of course we all have individual opinions on some issues, too. Part of the reason some of us (myself included) DON'T support the LP is because it is a party with a platform (some of which we can't agree to.) This is one of the inherent failures of parties in general, and the partisan system as a whole has been wholly destructive to American politics, IMO.

If I were going to play the lesser evil game I would (personally, just my opinion) put the Constitution Party and then the Libertarian party out there, but again, these very forums show what ignorance (literally) is bred by blind partisanship. Some people are very passionate about spouting things which can be proven to be simply untrue. Like I said in another thread, the whole country goes to hell while they chant "my party right or wrong, my country suck my dong."

EDIT: I voted for Ron Paul (in practice a libertarian) in the GOP primaries and for Chuck Baldwin of the Constitution Party in the general election last year. That a GOP slogan-repeater would call someone who votes for the Constitution Party a member of the "worldwide communist conspiracy" just goes to prove my point about the true nature of the GOP these days. Or do the diitoheads now think that wanting to restore Constitutional limits to government is a communist plot? Wouldn't surprise me. Spend and grow government like a commie while calling all of your opponents commies. At least it keeps the rank and file too busy name-calling to actually research who and what they're supporting, right?
 hereshecomesagain
Msg: 248
Posted: 4/25/2009 2:29:38 PM
Gee, I *love * spoon fed party lines in a politicaca rant. Where is individual independent thought ?

"Us and Them" is imaginary. It's YOU and A LOT OF OTHER EWEs against a small machine that speaks softly and carries a big stick to keep all y'all ewes penned in and chasing each other's tails for comfort. I used to raise sheep. People=Sheep.

You think you're a noisy kick azz Azz or a fat and brain packin Pachy or a 420 let's share everything but nothing Freedom for fussin Fighter? You're just ewe and ewe vote like one too.

You cannot change immigration by building a fence or by making your own suffer hardship. It can only be changed by affecting change in the country from which it originates. The attraction to America (or hate for us) is not welfare or money or big gubmint or anything but FREEDOM. People who want to believe there is a place where they are free to dream and believe and hope and think all their own thoughts, are people who see America as the "land of opportunity" - or land of Satan, depending on PoV.

We are a target because of WHAT we are, not due to any maleability that would not require a complete shredding of the Constitution. Foreign Diplomacy and demanding, even FORCING, foreign accountability for our suffering and to improve world human rights will change immigration for the better. Most immigrants deeply miss their homeland and family ties. If they had reason and means and opportunity to repatriate with their country, they would. Most come here with a dream and suffer a nightmare instead. This drug addicted land that funds the smuggling problem no longer has the mythical open arms of freedom for our own and it has no more opportunity for the uneducated masses beyond a quasi-slave labor.

Do we want to stop standing for freedom and opportunity?? That is unacceptable and UNAMERICAN. This is what we are. It is our foundation. It is our heritage. Be proud of it. Now, make these little parasitic and user dictatorships and drug lord run sh!tholes clean up their mess.
Posted: 4/25/2009 2:47:44 PM

You cannot change immigration by building a fence or by making your own suffer hardship. It can only be changed by affecting change in the country from which it originates.

America does not have any obligation to make change in Mexico or any other country in order to control immigration into this country. We have laws, that while unenforced, should control immigration.

As a country America has poured millions of dollars into Mexico to support its Government and provide for the people. And what have we received in return? We have the Mexican Government printing and distributing pamphlets on how its citizens can get into America illegally. We have a Mexican Government that encourages illegal immigration and the subsequent siphoning of the American economy as its citizens send back money to their family.

I find it quite amusing that these illegal Mexican immigrants will form protest groups and marches demanding their "rights" and better treatment in America while they are here illegally. Why don't they have the cajones to do that at home and force their own Government to help them?

I understand the appeal of America and the desire to have a piece of the dream. However there are legal and proper ways to do this. Just because you desire something does not mean you can have it, no matter how righteous you feel your cause may be. This unfettered attempt to illegally immigrate here is destroying the very thing they crave so much. They are pushing the limits of America's ability to absorb them and they are pushing the tolerance level of Americans willing to tolerate them.
 hereshecomesagain
Msg: 250
Posted: 4/25/2009 4:25:31 PM
AGAIN It is NOT ALL MEXICO

Throwing money is our mistake. Optimistic, you made my point. Foreign govs advertise to their people to move to America.

Mexico actually suffers a huge transient immigration problem of people using Mexico to get to America. Mexico needs to tighten up its immigration laws and its own borders. They act as a whistle stop for destination America, profitting some from those who can pay and shoving the rest through like cattle.

Because Mexico and other countries do not have to pay a living wage, American manufacturers can make goods there - that's where our jobs really go!

Because people are starving and dying at an average age of 35!!!! and there is no birth control and there continues to be religious control that denies sex education and there continues to be oppression for dissenting beliefs, "cajones" is easy for someone, over 35, who grew up in freedom, to say. Mexico and other countries continue to hide their gross human rights abuses and their genocidal actions. Living in a military state where you have nothing to fight back with is terrifying. Knowing that your children, your spouse, YOU could simply disappear to suffer torture tends to make people silent - or run away.

These governments get away with it because we use their drugs and we send them food and medications for them to sell at a profit and we give them money for them to pretend to help their people. We've been suckers.

Why are we enabling these countries to abuse human beings? WE created the problem through foreign welfare for the rich. WE created the problem through our dumbazz beliefs that drug addiction is a criminal problem here. WE created the immigration problem by being doormats for other governments. It is NOT individual starving desperate victims who should be accountable for this mess. We must change foreign policy to make Mexico AND other countries accountable for the people we have taken in. No more deadbeat countries- time for some serious support enforcement.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Is it wrong to report / turn in illegal Aliens