Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Is it wrong to report / turn in illegal Aliens      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 NocturnalPrincess
Msg: 326
Is it wrong to report / turn in illegal AliensPage 14 of 15    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15)
I never suggested that any Illegal should take a job from one of ours. Only if they are working, let's send our welfare recipients over their countries and call it a trade. I know you cannot trade people like baseball cards, but the U.S. has plenty of people using, abusing, and sponging off the System.

Do you know that there are people that will go to the hospital via EMS for a headache who live in subsidized housing because they do not want to pay for their own Tylenol, and then they get a complimentary shuttle home? Give me a hard-working Illegal any day over one of those people. On that note, perhaps the Illegals need to simply get their paperwork in order.

That's it! We can have a government exchange system. Sort of like playing Monopoly or something. I know, a totally not politically correct post. Oh, well.
 krazykshaw
Msg: 327
Is it wrong to report / turn in illegal Aliens
Posted: 5/20/2009 11:39:02 PM
If there was a way to sort out who's using and abusing the system they should just be sent to a deserted island. I agree with you how our own people take advantage of systems set up to help them. I would rather not have Illegals taking our jobs away from our hard working people that are just out on luck right now. I know a guy who's worked hard all of his life and was recently laid off and cant find a job for nothing and he's great at what he does. It's just the area we live in. I prefer quality not many illegals can offer that because if they could they could be successful in there own country. So I'm sticking with shoot to kill
 hereshecomesagain
Msg: 328
Posted: 5/21/2009 4:43:46 PM
There may be exceptions, but I don't know of any war in which previous immigration issues and ethnic displacement were not a major factor that lead to the war, and the wars lead to more immigration/emmigration and population displacement/redistribution which causes cultural changes of massive proportions.
 hereshecomesagain
Msg: 329
Posted: 5/21/2009 5:14:05 PM
7iron, I have not said anything of the sort, in fact, quite the opposite. I have posted throughout this discussion and you really stretched my question and comment into complete fiction. I just spent my morning collecting a young man, lost in the desert for days, very illegal. He was an emotional wreck and in dire need of care. He said his friends took fright and ran and he could not go any further. They left without water and are presumably lost because they never returned to him. He thinks they are dead. They may have been picked up already and they may be fine. I was dealing with one human being in crisis, that's all. I suppose I could have cuffed and searched him and read him his rights for federal trespassing, but we waited for BP who handled the boy with the same care and concern that my partner did. He's likely a good kid who just got sold a song and dance about the American Dream. He'll be seen by a doctor and he'll be sent home. It will cost the taxpayer. My main commentary throughout is that this is NOT a simple problem and that foreign countries need to be held accountable for propagandizing America as a destination for their poor.

I've said repeatedly that I support the legal process. I am not forking over thousands of dollars and handing my husband over for tests and both us submitting to extensive background checks all so that I can turn a blind eye to someone who does it illegaly. I AM considerate of the many factors and the human suffering within and without our borders.

Also, if you have to ask "are you saying?" from something I wrote, then the answer is no. I'm only saying what I am actually saying, There is nothing between the lines. What you thought you read was in your own head.
 gracengracie
Msg: 330
Posted: 5/21/2009 7:56:06 PM
Sorry Luna...
I'm a legal immigrant...but I paid taxes since the day I put my foot in USA.
I know illegal aliens can't get welfare, but how about the 100 kids they deliver??? I'm sorry but that's their passport to eternal welfare.
I don't mind illegal aliens as long as they pay for 100% of their expenses and they pay taxes as well.
Otherwise I don't think they should be welcome here.
Now...from that to calling them criminals!!!! Give me a break OP. There are many more criminals born in USA than in the illegal alien population.

This thread will cause lots of rant and fights between opposed points of view. Not a good idea IMO.
 Got Trance
Msg: 331
Posted: 5/21/2009 9:05:42 PM

Now...from that to calling them criminals!!!! Give me a break OP. There are many more criminals born in USA than in the illegal alien population.

That statement is beyond ridiculous.
And another thing, it does not matter why they are here. It is how they got here.
The fact that they are here illegally makes them a criminal. Each and every one of them.
 ElMachine
Msg: 332
Posted: 5/22/2009 1:05:40 PM
I have a couple of family members that are illegal.

It is sad to read some of your comments, because you really have no idea how hard they work.

For example one of my uncles, went to New Orleans to work after Katrina hit. He told me most of the workers working with him rebuilding houses and such were illegal.

I mean, all these people that are illegal work so hard and help the economy in so many ways. Next time you are eating your salads just think about the "illegals" that picked up your food.

Most of the jobs that illegals do, americans would never do. And plus not to mention the little money they get paid.

Here in California, they do so many jobs and I have no idea what would happen if they all got deported. We need to come up with a solution for this and massive deportation is not the solution.
 Got Trance
Msg: 333
Posted: 5/22/2009 1:14:34 PM

Most of the jobs that illegals do, americans would never do. And plus not to mention the little money they get paid.

Americans WILL do the job. It's just the damn illegals will do the job at a lower rate of pay i.e. under the table or using a stolen/fraudulent ID and SSN.
And I also blame the company that hires them.
 ElMachine
Msg: 334
Posted: 5/22/2009 1:43:58 PM
right...Many Americans are lazy, just visit the poor neighberhoods and you will see how many of them are on welfare. And trust me none of them would take a job at picking tomatoes under 90 degree weather.
 gracengracie
Msg: 335
Posted: 5/22/2009 2:07:11 PM
OP

<quote> The fact that they are here illegally makes them a criminal</quote>

Since summer is coming up, maybe you could sign up for LAW 101 summer class. You are lost.
People take illegal left turns...I don't think they are automatic criminals.
So your conclusion is WRONG.

Im against illegal immigration. As I am against anything illegal.

Op If you want to report illegal...go ahead, if its right or wrong....who cares...do as you wish and makes you happy. Just don't expect everyone to agree with your views and concepts.
 ElMachine
Msg: 336
Posted: 5/22/2009 2:09:30 PM
Hi Splendere,

I know. We should work very hard in our countries and everybody will be happy and end of story.

It is very easy to say that. It is easy to say deport everybody, build a wall and everything is solved.

But you have no idea how it is. I know is wrong to come to the country illegal. Yes they are criminals because they did that. I'm also a criminal because I have broken the law many times. I applaud you for being such a good citizen that have never broken the law.

Illegal aliens come to work. Those I dont think should be deported. If they come to do something else, feel free to deport them. Why dont they work in our own country? Because they will die of starvation. Simple as that. I invite to visit my home country, Honduras. Dont go to our beautiful resorts, Mayan Ruins, etc. Go to our poor neighberhoods and you will understand why people come to this country illegal. I bet everyone in this thread saying to deport illegals would have done something illegal to prevent their kids to die from starvation. I know I would.

Building walls, mass deportations, shooting them is not the answer. Because guess what? they will still come over.

We need to see the root of the problem and that is our current corrupt governments. Look at Mexico. They are one of the richest Latin countries and still have so much poverty. They need a change. Illegal immigration CANNOT be stopped but it can be reduced. But Latin America is controlled by corrupt people that I dont see any good change coming soon. It's sad really.

I know I wont change your mind and feel free to call them criminals, but just remember, when it involves your life, and the life of your children, you are willing to do anything to survive.
 ElMachine
Msg: 337
Posted: 5/22/2009 3:29:00 PM
ok you are taking the one case of the woman with many kids and you think every family is like that? please. I know plenty, plenty of hispanics families here in California, and I have yet met one with 8 kids. Americans only have 2 kids? wow. Are you talking about the rich, sorority type families in the OC?

Just a FYI. Gangs were formed in the USA by the Saladorian refugees that left their country because of the Regime. Which was caused by?

You are taking the few illegal immigrants that commit murder and you think everybody is like that? Would you like me to judge you by what other people your race do?

Invade us huh? are you a Native American? ok if you are, then you have all the right to say that. But if you are other kind of race, please, thats just irony.

I see one of your big problems is them having lots of kids, then we need to address that issue, not deporting them. How can you deport the parents and the kids will go where? orphanage? And also, not only hispanics, but white peopple and african americans have the same problem. You should really visit your own country and you will see what I'm talking about.

This is a very sad thing going on. It saddens me looking at my fellow countrymen coming to this country just to survive. I wish it was different. I come from Honduras, I have gone to the poorest neighberhoods, where they dont even have houses, they build their shacks with aluminum pieces of roofs and they look for food in the trash. I remember one time I took a bus fullof Americasn to give them food/gifts/clothes, and they all came back to the bus crying their eyes out and just with a different perspective of what goes on in third world countries.

I wish you would understand where I come from but is hard to explain with words.

Have a nice day.
 soisaid
Msg: 338
Posted: 5/22/2009 4:16:54 PM

We need to see the root of the problem and that is our current corrupt governments.

it is unfortunate that you could be talking about the US government as well as Mexico's

Look at Mexico. They are one of the richest Latin countries and still have so much poverty. They need a change. Illegal immigration CANNOT be stopped but it can be reduced.

Then shouldn't the people of Mexico do what they have to to change this? I mean they are risking their lives to come to the US illegally in large numbers, why don't they band together and risk their lives to make thier country a better place to live for all of their people?

But Latin America is controlled by corrupt people that I dont see any good change coming soon. It's sad really.

yes it is very sad, but like you said there is a lot of money in Mexico, and they have a wonderful heritage, and most of the Mexican people I know are hard working, nice people. They deserve better from their homeland, but they are going to have to be the ones that demand it, and are willing to sacrifice for it.

And as current events are showing us all to often, a lot of things in the US are controlled by corrupt people as well. And we here will have to take a good look at ourselves and do what is needed to bring back integrity and honesty to our government and corporations.

I know I wont change your mind and feel free to call them criminals,

feel free to call them criminals? they are breaking our laws,, so that does make them criminals.

but just remember, when it involves your life, and the life of your children, you are willing to do anything to survive.

See, you do understand why some people are so upset about the illegal aliens. They see them as a threat to their life, their childrens life, and to their WAY of life.
Posted: 5/22/2009 4:28:23 PM

Go to our poor neighberhoods and you will understand why people come to this country illegal..

Come to our poor neighborhoods and you will see why so many Americans are staunchly against illegal immigrants. Come see the way the poor of America have to live. Then take a look at the strain that illegal immigrants are putting on the social support systems in this country that are in place to help struggling citizens. Look at California on the brink of financial disaster due in large part to the financial strain of supporting so many illegal immigrants. Too many people are trying to fit on the lifeboat and it is sinking.

I bet everyone in this thread saying to deport illegals would have done something illegal to prevent their kids to die from starvation. I know I would

I would do anything I could to prevent my kids from starving. But, why does that anything have to entail making yourself a criminal and becoming an illegal immigrant? Why not work to improve the lot of your beloved homeland? So many illegal immigrants come here without the desire to become and American as they swear their allegiance to their home country. Yet, they are unwilling to support that allegiance by working on making their own country better. They are unwilling to protest and fight to make their government listen to them.

These same illegal immigrants that are unwilling to stand up to their own corrupt governments have the unmitigated gall to come to this country and demand rights in this country. How damned absurd is that?!?!?!?!?! They are in this country illegally, they are not citizens, you have no rights here and yet you have the cajones to protest and demand rights? If you have such big cajones why not do that in your own country.

Please don't play the noble illegal alien card as it won't fly. I am sure there are some very noble illegal immigrants here that have compelling reasons to be here. However, I would venture that most are here solely to take what they can from America for their own good for as long as they can and then go home. The previous waves of immigrants to this country wanted to be Americans, they wanted to help build America into a better country, they wanted to be a part of this country. This new wave of immigrants just wants to rape America, take what they want, and then leave it when there is nothing left to take. Don't you find it ironic that the wave of illegal immigration has slowed doen now that the American economy has slowed down?
 SAguy_06
Msg: 340
Posted: 5/22/2009 4:35:25 PM

new wave of immigrants just wants to rape America,

You want to give specifics, or are you just relying on flinging bullshit now...
Posted: 5/22/2009 4:42:36 PM
Not flinging anything other than the truth as I perceive it. And I am sorry if you cannot open your eyes enough to see it as it is.

Illegally entering a country, illegally working in a country, taking the money that is made working illegally and funneling much of it to the mother country and taking it out of the American economy, having children so they can get American benefits, driving without insurance.........

Need I go on? You know exactly what i am talking about. Quit playing dumb.
 gracengracie
Msg: 342
Posted: 5/22/2009 5:59:43 PM
This thread is turning into a hate thread. No one will be right. We all have valid points and off the wall points.
OP is asking if reporting illegal aliens is bad or not. I guess technically is not BAD, in theory you r being a good citizen.
Illegal immigration is BAD. It's a leak to US economy to a certain point. Do not forget lots of those aliens get taxes withheld from their paychecks that they can never claim through a tax return. Who keeps that money??? UNCLE SAM.

Not even powerful and rich US government can stop it. So why even bother fighting over a problem not even the BIG government cant handle.
It so happens to be Mexico the poor neighbor....how about all the Asians that come into US as well and get all the benefits, Armenians, Philipinnos, Vietnamese, our ex enemies gets lots of welfare help....I don't want to be prejudice...illegals come from every corner of the world. So making this a Mexican issue or a Central American issue is plain ignorance.

Also to accuse them of being criminal and raping the US....I repeat, we have many more in house grown of that than the illegally acquired.
 unbreakable2001
Msg: 343
Posted: 5/23/2009 12:09:13 AM
well america is built on intrusion and exploitation:
1. slavery(3/5ths compromise)
2. trail of tears
3. manifest destiny
4. civil war
5. a book called "the jungle"
6. public schools
7.child labor
8.indentured servants way back in the day remember?
9. women's rights
10. alcoholism and the great awakenings
11. drafts
12. bush
13. the atom bomb
14. american arms trade "big business" back in the turn of the century
15.salem!
16. billy graham! lol
17. NATO!
18. CIA
19.great depression
20. monroe doctrine!!!!!!!!!!!!!
21. this guy and watergate
22. Enron
23.cigarettes
24.prohabitionism
25.bush, heh
26. communist party funding by Carter back in 79', yea, he funded the communists
27. reagan era, putting Saddam in Iraq, WE started IT!!!!
PLEASE FEEL FREE TO ADD more!!!!!

america is not really allll that heavenly buddy
 krazykshaw
Msg: 344
Posted: 5/23/2009 2:47:05 AM
ElMachine are you f*cking serious I want to e-slap the sh*t out of you. NONE would take a job picking tomatoes under 90 degree weather. If you ever get the chance grab 15 month stay in Iraq 140 degree's building up this country. I mean building hammer nails type. Don't talk to me about Illegals picking f*cking tomatoes in 90 degree's. I know at least 10 people in my plt that would pick tomatoes in 90 degree's vs coming to this country me being one of them. On the other hand some people like it. If theres a system that can be abused its going to be abused its been that way for YEARS and will not change. White Black Brown we all have our hard workers and our pieces of shit that are nothing but a waste of air and tax payers money. American's won't take them jobs I bet there's Mexicans that won't take the same god damn job. You can't sit here and tell me Mexicans are the only race that takes the shitty work that no ones else wants. Because I can 100% back up the fact that theres going to be a White Black or Asian right there with them doing the same sh*t.

Back to the topic at hand. Hell no its not wrong to turn in Illegal aliens...Turn in as many as you can
 krazykshaw
Msg: 345
Posted: 5/23/2009 2:58:12 AM
If you are starving do you really think you should be having kids flee to the United states. You say how Lazy Americans are in your generalizations but we have 40 year old men with nothing left joining our military. Then you go to talk about how NOT every illegal is a criminal well NOT every American is lazy.
 gracengracie
Msg: 346
Posted: 5/23/2009 5:11:30 AM
WOW!!! Message 367
Pls put yr applied math knowledge to work, plus some of you common sense.
I was talking about US Jail population, not just your sunny So. CA statistics.
Hopefully you are taking into consideration the population in the Immigration detention centers.
CAlifornia is a very NOT REPRESENTATIVE state to talk about ethnicity of immates!! HELLLOOOOOO...
IGNORANCE??? I'm possibly as ignorant as you are, except I have 2 years less ignorance under my arm. I'm a CPA and also worked in finance for 22 years in a SO CA garment public CO??? I read a lot, traveled the world and Latin America a lot and learned not to be prejudice and closed in my little So Ca beach town.
I also like the good living but can easily so w/o them. I am lucky to have retired at 47 being a 1st generation immigrant!!! All with my honest and LEGAL work!!!!! If I was ignorant, wonder what is left to the rest of the people.
Read a little more before embarrassing yourself calling ignorant to people that are not.
BTW I don't take offense because I consider the source.
 baker1972
Msg: 347
Posted: 5/23/2009 6:09:08 PM
i've got news for you some of the illegal aliens that are coming into the country are coming here to try and have a better life. Have you ever asked someone who is here illegally what their life was like where they came from? and aren't we descendants from immigrants? I know they may be here illegally but all some of them want is a better life. i had to call immigration one time, it was work related, and quite frankly immigration doesn't care about illegal aliens unless they are breaking the law.
Posted: 5/24/2009 8:15:50 AM

i've got news for you some of the illegal aliens that are coming into the country are coming here to try and have a better life

I am sorry but that justification would apply to just about most crimes. A bank robber is trying to get money in order to have a better life. Drug dealers are selling drugs to make money to have a better life. Murderers are trying to have a better life by eliminating someone that is causing them problems. So your argument really is a logical fallacy and has no application in this discussion.

quite frankly immigration doesn't care about illegal aliens unless they are breaking the law.

Well that is a contradictory statement, isn't it? They are illegalaliens. Therefore, they are breaking the law by being here illegally.
 DonkeyPimp
Msg: 349
view profile
History
Posted: 5/25/2009 12:10:27 PM

You're the Unites States of Ametica buddy! Your government doesn`t give a shit about anybody but themselves. Please don`t give me this sappy story of `asylum in the United States.`! That`s like an oxymoron!

Oh Sweet, sweet la senza. I'm going to assume you were being coy rather than hypocritical when you accuse me of being sappy fr LEGAL immigrants while yourself gushing and fawning over criminal aliens.

It's true, by the way - The United States has granted asylum to more legal immigrants than any other nation on planet earth.
 NocturnalPrincess
Msg: 350
Posted: 5/25/2009 8:40:13 PM
I knew a woman that was here legally on a Green Card, and she was so thrilled and enthusiastic to receive her American Citizenship.
I knew another woman that got the snot beaten out of her from a man because she feared without taking the beatings she would not be allowed to stay in this country.
I wonder how many people die annually trying to sneak across the border just to make a better life for their families? Yes, these are people willing to work for very low wages for very hard work, because it is still better than the conditions back home.
In the meantime, you have our naturally born residents abusing the system right and left and completely abusing the welfare system and not wanting to work.
I still say that our country should take qualified Illegals and make them legal and send out our abusers of the sytem to their countries. I'll bet that our welfare system would ultimately save a lot of money.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Is it wrong to report / turn in illegal Aliens