Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Is it wrong to report / turn in illegal Aliens      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Ezzee
Msg: 76
Is it wrong to report / turn in illegal AliensPage 4 of 15    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15)

If an employer, like in the above example, prefers to hire undocumented workers, English speaking or not….then he should be the first to be arrested.

Well, considering I never said undocumented workers. My discussion points were towards the consideration of English as being the only language employees/employers should use. Therefore, I can't be arrested.

We should also refuse to do business with those employing illegals. Whenever possible, I do.

Great idea. I guess that means you are living completely off the grid then. Growing your own food, your own energy, disposing of your own waste. Etc. etc. In the current times we are living in, I would suggest that it is nearly impossible to not do business with anyone employing illegal aliens.
 barbee1970
Msg: 77
Is it wrong to report / turn in illegal Aliens
Posted: 4/15/2009 11:08:37 AM
Now Obama wants to get them ALL amnesty and citizenship. What are we to do? This will cause the demise of this once great nation!
 SAguy_06
Msg: 78
Posted: 4/15/2009 2:33:29 PM

A little like the Obama t-shirt.......
2 million people on the plaza for the inauguration....and Only 14 had to take off work.

Tell the Genius the made the T-shirts...Its A Mall, not a plaza.

Learn the language...

http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/2009/01/the_inauguration_of_president.html
 southernlass
Msg: 79
Posted: 4/15/2009 4:42:31 PM
I would not report or turn in an illegal alien. Though I am conservative leaning, and I fully understand how these illegal's being here is harming our economy through creating less jobs for its real citizens, and causing income sensitive, county health care costs to spiral, based upon the pure amount of people utilizing it, I still wouldn't turn someone in.

Why? I can't hurt someone like that. If they are here, they have a reason for being here. I'm not going to cause trouble for someone's life by attempting to derail their personal plans. It seems like "bad karma" to me to do so. My purpose on this planet is not to harm others or to nose into other people's business, as a rule. Proactively reporting on someone when they are merely attempting to live, just as I am, seems wrong -- for me.
 JOEYDOG
Msg: 80
Posted: 4/15/2009 10:50:30 PM
LUNA,, You need to grow up,, you think people are ignorant because they think its wrong for the ILLEGALS to be taken our jobs and should be shipped back to where they came from?? Did it ever occur to you that when those butt holes sneak into our counrty, they AUTOMATICALLY qualify for food stamps, money and a medical card? Some of our OWN cant get that,.. I say,,yes,, send them all back. What you've been smoking ???
 Mr-Amazing
Msg: 81
Posted: 4/16/2009 12:27:27 AM
I've had some stuff going on and haven't had a chance to fully catch up on the thread.

But I will say instead of looking at those from the outside "ruining" our country, I have had first hand experience that those aren't the ones "ruining" finding a job for us. Maybe it's those on the already *inside* that our ruining things from the original people finding a job?

Maybe someone should start a thread...

"Caucasians. Do they believe they have Entitlements that exceed other races and force Imperialism down others throats?"

But you know what if I posted that some idiot would say "You just said *ALL* Caucasians... blah blah blah..."

Some, a few, and perhaps as high as most (though *most* isn't really likely...)

I guess on internet forum boards you really have to spell EVERYTHING out to people.
 Ezzee
Msg: 82
Posted: 4/16/2009 8:50:59 AM

I would suggest that it is nearly impossible to not do business with anyone employing illegal aliens.

It is why I said, “Whenever possible”, try to comprehend what is written rather than merely reading. It is a shame and an outrage that a great many business do employ illegals.

Which is why I said that I would suggest it is "nearly impossible." I would suggest you take your own advice. How did you put it to me?

try to comprehend what is written rather than merely reading.
 Bigrockinguy
Msg: 83
Posted: 4/18/2009 5:54:34 PM
No just send them to Witch Mountain
 hard starboard
Msg: 84
view profile
History
Posted: 4/21/2009 10:25:03 AM
It depends upon what the meaning of the word 'is' is.
 Honcho
Msg: 85
Posted: 4/21/2009 3:54:15 PM
Luna, I am retired law enforcement. I called INS once to report an illegal alien and they will not come to pick up one individual alien, a bus load perhaps, but not one.
They also informed me that if the alien marries an American, then they can apply for citizenship. Like any nationality we have had problems with Mexican aliens. One murdered a girl in a fit of rage and stabbed her 54 times! Others have gotten into machete fights. Indeed most are good workers but I think there should be a quota on nationalities that are allowed to enter our country. You don't hear a lot about Poles, Russians, Italians, Germans, etc. etc. Its just that Mexico is so close we get a lot of Mexicans because our borders are not secure. What is to stop an Al Queda member or some other terrorist from coming into the USA via Mexico? I don't know whether the Social Security cards like green cards are forged but suspect a lot of them are because there is a high influx of Mexican children in our schools and our government spends a lot on them, especially medical bills. But why should they be allowed in so freely when other nationalities have a quota?
 Got Trance
Msg: 86
Posted: 4/21/2009 9:29:37 PM

(CBS) It was 5 a.m. and CBS News national correspondent Byron Pitts is with a woman who is nine months pregnant. She's rushed to a south Texas hospital to undergo a C-section - a $4,700 medical procedure that won't cost her a dime. She qualifies for emergency Medicaid.
Gee, My former wife and I are American citizens and even with insurance I still had to pay a big chunk to the hospital when my son was born.

Take healthcare for example -- an estimated $1.1 billion per year for undocumented men, women and children, according to the Rand Corporation.

Joe Riley is the CEO of the McAllen Texas Medical Center near the Texas-Mexico border. Forty percent of the children born there, nearly 2,400 last year, were the babies of illegal immigrants.

I agree with the statement below.

Rep. Lamar Smith, R-Texas, said: "It is not fair to the taxpayers who have to foot the bill."

Congress has all but given up on comprehensive immigration reform. But lawmakers like Smith want to solve birth citizenship to illegal immigrants, in part by challenging the 14th Amendment, which guarantees U.S. citizenship to any child born in America.

"It seems fundamentally wrong that we ought to give the greatest honor of their citizenship," Smith said. "His or her mother came across the border illegally."
 oddandy
Msg: 87
Posted: 4/24/2009 8:22:22 PM

.IF i GET THROUGH THIS NOT ONLY AM i RE REGISTERING AS A REPUBIE I'M BUYING A GUN WITH MY STIMULAS.

Go Libertarian, Byrd. We gots the good brownies
 SAguy_06
Msg: 88
Posted: 4/25/2009 4:05:01 AM
Im confused...isnt the Libertarian position on Immigration-

Let Peaceful People Cross Borders Freely
People have the right to travel anywhere, and to take any job offered them, so long as they do it at their own expense and without violating the rights of others.

A way to help the poor is to let them go where the work is, regardless of borders. Studies show that immigrants don't take jobs from others, they add to the economy and help create more jobs.

America was built by immigrants who came here seeking nothing but opportunity and freedom - and created the greatest, most productive society ever.

Respect for human rights and compassion for the world's poor require that we relax immigration restrictions.
 oddandy
Msg: 89
Posted: 4/25/2009 11:12:49 AM
Libertarian is a guise for World Communism

LOL. Libertarians are far more conservative than the liberal-spending Republicans could ever claim to be. Good job on twice-electing the most liberal spender to ever curse the White House. This is why the GOP has turned into such a joke these days. They're more liberal than the dems in the spending and growth of government departments. Shame on them!

That said, people need to learn to distinguish between the Libertarian Party which we call "big L Libertarians" and "little l libertarians" who don't support the libertarian party at all but who believe in fiscal conservatism (unlike Republicans) and social liberalism (unlike most democrats.) I myself am a "little l" libertarian. I am at odds with the LP on many issues, immigration being one of them. That said, the LP doesn't support a single one of the numerous social programs that illegals benefit from, which is REALLY the reason illegals are a problem right now. You'll not find ayd LPers supporting welfare in any form, and on this I agree with them. Shut down the gravy train and illegal aliens are a far smaller problem than they are now. It is a FAR less costly solution to the problem. See, libertarians like to actually save money rather than throw money at a problem. This is why so many former Republicans are now libertarians. The GOP talks the talk but demonstrably does not walk the walk. The GOP is no longer the party of conservatism.

And Splendere, once again you speak without being informed. I doubt you'll find a single libertarian who voted for Obama, for the same reason you won't find one who voted for the GOP candidate - We don't believe in leftist spending practices. Furthermore, your resorting to calling those who oppose your LIBERAL GOP as communists is oh so cliche'. If you want to look for the hidden architects of worldwide communism look no further than your own party. Try looking at spending records instead of listening to rhetoric for a change. Your party spent more money and grew the government more than any other president in history. No longer are FDR and LBJ the leftist boogeymen. Now it is George Bush, who soundly beat both their records while magaing to eviscerate the constitution at the same time. Communist, indeed!

People often embrace a party they know nothing about :wink:
 SAguy_06
Msg: 90
Posted: 4/25/2009 12:09:26 PM
Well event the Bankrupt and corrupt Dems and Repos have Platforms and beliefs...What are the planks of the Small l party...And if they are not affiliated with the Big L party, why dont they think of a better name for their political party other that small l...

Why not the Patriot Party...or the Free American Party,...or the Individualist Party...anything would be better than the small l party...
 oddandy
Msg: 91
Posted: 4/25/2009 12:11:52 PM
^^Because we're not a political party, we're independents who happen to believe in fiscal conservatism and social liberalism. That is the definition of a little-l libertarian. Of course we all have individual opinions on some issues, too. Part of the reason some of us (myself included) DON'T support the LP is because it is a party with a platform (some of which we can't agree to.) This is one of the inherent failures of parties in general, and the partisan system as a whole has been wholly destructive to American politics, IMO.

If I were going to play the lesser evil game I would (personally, just my opinion) put the Constitution Party and then the Libertarian party out there, but again, these very forums show what ignorance (literally) is bred by blind partisanship. Some people are very passionate about spouting things which can be proven to be simply untrue. Like I said in another thread, the whole country goes to hell while they chant "my party right or wrong, my country suck my dong."

EDIT: I voted for Ron Paul (in practice a libertarian) in the GOP primaries and for Chuck Baldwin of the Constitution Party in the general election last year. That a GOP slogan-repeater would call someone who votes for the Constitution Party a member of the "worldwide communist conspiracy" just goes to prove my point about the true nature of the GOP these days. Or do the diitoheads now think that wanting to restore Constitutional limits to government is a communist plot? Wouldn't surprise me. Spend and grow government like a commie while calling all of your opponents commies. At least it keeps the rank and file too busy name-calling to actually research who and what they're supporting, right?
Posted: 4/25/2009 4:37:53 PM
Don't get me started.
 parklabrea
Msg: 93
view profile
History
Posted: 4/25/2009 6:36:26 PM
I am an Immigrant to this country. A legal Immigrant. And I very much resent the invasion of my country (yes, I am an American citizen), by illegals. When I came here I had to be cleared by the F.B.I. so they'd know if I was a criminal. I was given a thorough health exam, including an AIDS test. Pulled, poked and pinched by the Immigration Services. When an illegal Immigrant comes here we have no idea who we're dealing with. And even if they're covered in gang tattoos, there are still greedy businesses that will hire them. You don't know what diseases an illegal Immigrant might be carrying, because they have not been tested. And we all know about the taxing effect their presence has had on our health and social systems.

If I were a Mexican with nothing in my pockets, perhaps I'd hop the border too. But, in fact, those circumstances wouldn't give me license to break the law. If a man is hungry, and we all feel sorry for him, should he be permitted to break into a bakery and steal the bread? What about those who subsist on the profit that bread brings? Where are their rights? It is a very cruel world, but inviting nine poor people to join you when all you have are two servings of food isn't going to do anybody at the dining table any good. Either guard the entire border, enforce existing laws, or get Mexico to seriously talk about the problem with us and help these people while they're on their side on the border. By the way, trying living in Mexico without papers. Two seconds after they catch you, they've tossed you out.

I've been here since 1985. I've worked at bringing work here from other countries. I've never had a food stamp, required social services or collected unemployment. I'm not saying I'm special, or that people shouldn't make use of those systems. I'm asking what the United States needs more, Legal Immigrants or Illegal Immigrants?
 PirateJohn09
Msg: 94
view profile
History
Posted: 4/25/2009 6:43:19 PM

You can't register in school unless you have a social security number.

If that's true then why, in 1994, did the state of California have to put a ballot proposition (187) to the voters that would prevent public schools from admitting illegals? Oh, and when that proposition passed by a 2-to-1 vote, it was still challenged in the courts and, as a result, was never implemented.
 Got Trance
Msg: 95
Posted: 4/25/2009 6:46:31 PM
parklabrea,
I want to thank you for doing the right thing. Jumping through all the hoops to become an American citizen.
 Ezzee
Msg: 96
Posted: 4/25/2009 7:11:52 PM
For all of you out there who have been talking about building a wall, I'm not sure if you realize this, but several years ago Congress passed a bill authorizing the building of a wall between the Mexico and USA border. I believe that George Bush signed it, but am not 100% sure about it, but at least we know Congress did pass a bill authorize the building of a wall.
 slow_hand_001
Msg: 97
Posted: 4/25/2009 7:33:48 PM

Illegal Aliens are causing an economic hardship to hospitals and other businesses not to mention the BILLIONS they cost us in welfare here in the U.S.A.

This would be amuseing if it was not so ignorant. Economic hardship to hospitals, thats a new one. Billions in welfare ?? Economic hardships to other businesses ?? I would like too see these statements backed up by facts. As far as I know, you will recieve emergency care in a hospital but there will be no heart transplant if you have no insurance.

As far as costing hardship to a business, I dont know exactly how that can be explained. As far as welfare, there may be some illegals on it but most would like to steer clear of any institution that can investigate their status so in my opinion, this is not an issue.

The fact that businesses have both Spanish and English is not just for their general amusement. Its because they have enough Spanish customers to where they need to service them properly. Getting pissed off at a spanish billboard in itself shows some deeper issues. Do you just drive around and see a spanish billboard and begin curseing and pounding your steering wheel ?

Anyone blameing an illegal for their current economic status needs to look in the mirror. You have no one to blame but yourself. Take some responsibility and it will free your mind to do better things. Unless you were fired as a direct result of an alien being offered your job, your financial issues are a direct result of your own actions. The current economic situation is a result of irresponsible fiscal behaviour of big American companies. I doubt an illegal was CEO of any of them.

I dont think you are a racist but you are playing the blame game. You are wasteing too much of your time and energy to the point of screaming at billboards. I would like to be a fly in your car. But the number of posts here indicate that this issue upsets many people. Hopefully one day a solution can be reached. For me, as long as your actions are not affecting my life, lets have a pint, watch some soccer and call it a day. Good luck toyou.
 Got Trance
Msg: 98
Posted: 4/25/2009 7:39:22 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
And yet another person that has no clue.

This would be amuseing if it was not so ignorant. Economic hardship to hospitals, that's a new one. Billions in welfare ?? Economic hardships to other businesses ?? I would like too see these statements backed up by facts

The facts are all over the net. Learn how to use GOOGLE.
 slow_hand_001
Msg: 99
Posted: 4/25/2009 7:51:06 PM
Its not my job to google your topic. The fact that this is your only response shows in itself that all you are doing is ranting. If you have an issue, post it and back it up with facts. Dont ask me to google it. As they say, empty vessels make the most noise.

BTW, what is google, I still use LYCOS.
 Got Trance
Msg: 100
Posted: 4/25/2009 8:01:58 PM
The facts are there. I guess you did not read every thread.
And the fact that you do not even want to try and prove me wrong shows a lot about the type of person you are.
When someone points something out to me and says they know that to be true. I look at their facts and then research on my own. This is called LEARNING.
I do not go blindly into this thing we call life.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Is it wrong to report / turn in illegal Aliens