Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Is it wrong to report / turn in illegal Aliens      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 7iron
Msg: 101
Is it wrong to report / turn in illegal AliensPage 5 of 15    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15)
wgeorgew : I understand your point of view and better yet, I understand why you and others like you have your point of view. Until you have been directly affected by those illegals coming from Mexico and all other points south, you will never understand our frustration.

First, they have no regard for our laws. They broke the law getting here and they break our laws consistently after they’re here. They drive with no driver’s license and no insurance knowing if they cause an accident, and if they don’t kill one of us, our insurance will pay. I have a relative that hit a car load and the illegal driver was at fault and they sued my relative’s insurance company and actually got paid. They carry guns illegally. They drive under the influence and kill people. If they see something of yours that they want, they just take it. In they’re minds and attitudes our laws do not apply to them and they are entitled to anything they want.

They know more about beating our system before they ever get here than most of us will ever know. For example, dropping an anchor baby immediately gets them signed up for our entitlement programs including Medicaid, WIC, and food stamps. Stand in the grocery line behind them and you’ll see that poor struggling mother trying to feed her children that you talk about paying with a food stamp card and her male companion behind her paying cash for the beer and everything else. By the way, they know not to legally marry in order to maintain that illusion of a poor struggling mother trying to feed her children.

As far as taxes go it has been said since they are using bogus Social Security numbers the taxes withheld go in and there’s no return filed. They know how to beat that game too. Simply claim the maximum number of dependents and there is little or no taxes held out of their pay check

There are U.S. citizens that had your point of view that have changed their minds once they have been a victim of these illegals. Maybe they’ve lost a relative to a drunk driving illegal or have been robbed by them or had their children’s education slowed because of “ESL” students taking up unnecessary time. I don’t expect you to understand, I only wish they would come live where you are instead of here.

7iron
 Huggles
Msg: 102
Is it wrong to report / turn in illegal Aliens
Posted: 4/30/2009 11:52:51 PM
^^^Thank you 7iron.

And again....my previous post:

If I were to go to another country and broke THE LAW THERE, what would happen to me?
 SAguy_06
Msg: 103
Posted: 5/1/2009 6:20:50 AM

Stand in the grocery line behind them and you’ll see that poor struggling mother trying to feed her children that you talk about paying with a food stamp card and her male companion behind her paying cash for the beer and everything else. By the way, they know not to legally marry in order to maintain that illusion of a poor struggling mother trying to feed her children.

What is your method of distinguishing wether that couple is illegal or just a poor couple ?...clue me in. or do you just consider all poor latin couples unmarried and illegal?
 7iron
Msg: 104
Posted: 5/1/2009 7:00:05 AM
SAguy I have lived here all my life and I have many hispanic friends and clients. I have dealt with the public for over 40 years and believe me, I can tell. You line them up and I'll pick them out. How dare you assume that I put all hispanics or latin as you say in one category. If you think that all of us who are not of latin origin cannot speak spanish and cannot distinguish who's who, you're wrong. When you live in the same area and you deal with them on a daily basis it's very easy to know the difference.

7iron
 SAguy_06
Msg: 105
Posted: 5/1/2009 7:43:16 AM
Dear Sir,

I made no assumtions...

I ask questions from Your words...

I made no judgement...I'm not your judge
 7iron
Msg: 106
Posted: 5/1/2009 8:14:28 AM
SAguy calling it an assumption or insinuation would be splitting hairs. I have a question for you though. In one of you previous posts you mentioned a previous job in law enforcement. If this was in SA, are you to tell me that you couldn't spot an illegal almost immediately? Do you disagree from my statement that the illegals drive with no license, no insurance, and drive under the influence and kill people?

From 1985 to 1996 I worked in a small town outside Corpus Christi where the railroad coming up from The Valley split in two directions, one going to San Antonio and one going to Houston. The 9:00 a.m. train stopped after it cleared US Hwy 77 and every day I saw 30 to 50 illegals get off the train and either go to a safe house or hide in the brush until the 2:30 p.m. train to Houston and go on from there. I talked to people from Mexico, Honduras, El Salvador, and Guatemala and remember this was every day. It's frustrating when people insinuate that I don't know what I'm talking about because in this case I have many more years of experience than most people.
 Ezzee
Msg: 107
Posted: 5/1/2009 8:52:50 AM

It's frustrating when people insinuate that I don't know what I'm talking about because in this case I have many more years of experience than most people.

So basically what you are saying is that you are making an assumption from the way a person looks?

Thankfully, this type of evidence doesn't hold up in a court of law. And there is a reason why this kind of evidence doesn't holdup in a court of law. More often then not the evidence is false.

So I agree with SAGuy on this one and rephrase his question.

What method do you have to distinguish between illegal aliens and legal aliens, or do you just make assumptions based on certain stereotypical criteria that you have established?
 7iron
Msg: 108
Posted: 5/1/2009 9:10:59 AM
Like my response to wgeorgew, I have to respond to someone from Wisconsin that I don't expect you to understand, I only wish they would all move up there where you are. After you receive a dose of what they put us through I don't think you will have all the warm and fuzzies for them that you seem to have. To answer your question though, if you're around illegals long enough you'll learn they all posess certain tell-tale traits that in fact distinguish themselves from others and their language is different from what is referred to as Texmex.
 Ezzee
Msg: 109
Posted: 5/1/2009 1:03:55 PM

Like my response to wgeorgew, I have to respond to someone from Wisconsin that I don't expect you to understand, I only wish they would all move up there where you are.

I think you would be surprised by the estimated number of illegal aliens we have in our area. I also think you would be surprised by the impact of the estimated number of illegal aliens

Yes, I can personally say I do know of some illegal aliens. And if they were deported tomorrow, I'm not going to shed any tears. However, I have done my part in keeping with the law, and there really isn't anything else I can do about it, because vigilantism is illegal as well. As I tell other people, the less I know, the less I can tell the INS/FBI/CIA when they come knocking on my door.

After you receive a dose of what they put us through I don't think you will have all the warm and fuzzies for them that you seem to have.

I think you would be surprised by the widespread effect of illegal immigration as well. Yes, I have experienced increase Health Care Costs, but the continuing rising cost of health care comes from several factors, not just illegal immigration. I have experienced the reduced food costs that come from illegal immigration. I have experienced the increase in property taxes for the education for illegal immigration. I don't deny that there are effects that I have felt thanks to illegal immigration. My position is that while there may be some increased costs, there are also some important assets that illegal immigrants bring to our country, not the least of which is to learn about and of a different culture. Yes, I said it, to me, the gains outweigh the costs.

To answer your question though, if you're around illegals long enough you'll learn they all posess certain tell-tale traits that in fact distinguish themselves from others and their language is different from what is referred to as Texmex.

I'd like for you to read a definition. This comes from dictionary.com.

ster⋅e⋅o⋅type
   /ˈstɛriəˌtaɪp, ˈstɪər-/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [ster-ee-uh-tahyp, steer-] Show IPA noun, verb, -typed, -typ⋅ing.
–noun
1. a process, now often replaced by more advanced methods, for making metal printing plates by taking a mold of composed type or the like in papier-mâché or other material and then taking from this mold a cast in type metal.
2. a plate made by this process.
3. a set form; convention.
4. Sociology. a simplified and standardized conception or image invested with special meaning and held in common by members of a group: The cowboy and Indian are American stereotypes.

The bold-printed definition is the one that is especially important, and what you are doing in my opinion. Many experts agree that stereotyping, such as what you are doing, is the most basic form of discrimination. We could go through anyone's picture on here and make sweeping generalizations based on their pictures and the way they act, but I don't think anyone would appreciate that.

But, to paraphrase you, I have to respond to someone from Texas that I don't expect to understand anything about discrimination and stereotyping.
 7iron
Msg: 110
Posted: 5/1/2009 2:56:26 PM
ezzee: I have seen the illegals you speak of in your area. A few years ago I flew from Houston to Minneapolis on a Sunday night in December. There were several, let's just say over 25 illegals on board the plane. They were workers going there for what type job I don't know. Probably construction. Looking at those people through your eyes I can see your point of view. On the other hand, Houston has millions, yes millions of illegals. Houston is a sanctuary city. They know it and they take advantage of it.

You talk about stereotyping. I absolutely stereotype, yes I do. Discriminate, well in my opinion that would be taking away their rights as a legal citizen which they don't have. I don't hunt them down, I don't turn them in, and I damn sure don't hire them.

I'll tell you what I do though, I keep my eye on them because the ones you see and the ones we see are totally different. Do the illegals in your area kill people? Do they expoit 14 year old girls brought in to serve them as prostitutes? Do they get on your highways totally wasted on payday driving on the interstate the wrong way and having head-on collisions? This happens every week in Houston, every week! Do I carry a gun with me everywhere I go? Yes I do and I have a permit to do so. I personally have avoided two different car jackings because of my awareness (stereotyping). I didn't have to fire my weapon either time, them seeing it was deterrent enough. I in no way was trying to bad mouth your home state but I kind of think you were trying to bad mouth mine, that's a pissing contest I don't want to get into right now, maybe during football season though.

You mentioned the courts in your first response. I don't care about taking them to court other than for a serious crime, I want them to be put on a bus or plane headed south and I don't want them to come back.
 SAguy_06
Msg: 111
Posted: 5/1/2009 6:00:37 PM

ezzee: I have seen the illegals you speak of in your area. A few years ago I flew from Houston to Minneapolis on a Sunday night in December. There were several, let's just say over 25 illegals on board the plane. They were workers going there for what type job I don't know. Probably construction. Looking at those people through your eyes

Was this prior to 9-11? how in the Hell do Illegals get on a Airplane with no identification...an you KNOWING them to be illegals and therefore lawbreakers, why didnt you alert the Flight crew for the sake of the other passengers...
 7iron
Msg: 112
Posted: 5/1/2009 7:46:42 PM
SAguy: Actually it was before 9-11 when I took that flight. Dec 1999. I'm sorry that's the only comment you had since there were some questions I asked you about your previous job in law enforcement. Too bad you choose not to answer. Maybe it doesn't fit with your position on this topic.

7 iron
 music_fan
Msg: 113
view profile
History
Posted: 5/3/2009 5:12:04 PM
No,

It's not wrong to turn in illegal aliens.

People who come in the country illegally have no right to be here. I'm an American citizen, born and raised in the USA and I believe that you come into the country illegally, that you should be deported. If you want to come to the USA, do it the legal way.
 Huggles
Msg: 114
Posted: 5/4/2009 9:22:42 PM
Why isn't anyone answering my question!!!!!!!!!!!!

If I went to ANOTHER country and broke their law, what would happen to me??????????
 Ezzee
Msg: 115
Posted: 5/5/2009 3:00:11 AM

If I went to ANOTHER country and broke their law, what would happen to me??????????

I would have wild raw animistic sex with you.

Duh

What do you think would happen? I was pretty sure this was a completely rhetorical questoin, but since you want an answer, I'll give you one.

In most places in Europe, you'd probably be placed on trial, as they also practice the concept of innocent until proven guilty for the most part.

If you were in most of Latin America, you would probably also be placed on trial if you didn't bribe the officer who originally charged you with the crime.

In many places in the Middle East, you would be put in jail after being put on trial in front of a judge, probably for something as simple as the picture you have up, as that would be completely offensive to them. Depending upon the circumstances of your crime, you have the possibility of being put to death or having an appendage cut off.

Would you like me to go on, or are you done trying to hijack this thread?
 wisguyingb
Msg: 116
Posted: 5/6/2009 5:49:45 AM
Would the pro-illegal alien people(in this thread) prefer to have no immigration laws period?

How bouts we have no border patrol, no fence, nothing.....

Would that make you pro-illegal alien people happy?
 SAguy_06
Msg: 117
Posted: 5/6/2009 7:03:37 AM
OK Gentlemen, after 13 pages, I think we all know basically where we stand.

So what are some Real World solutions.

What really can be done that could be Logistically done...I know some will say...Just ship them back...like there is a magic wand the goverment can wave...and all Illegals will return.

We need workers...Do we allow seasonal or term workers to work here?

They are allowed to work here, how do we allow them to rent apartments, turn on utilities? Save money in Banks, Buy Cars...Drive? Pay Taxes?

If your against any workers, Do you believe we can fill all jobs held by illegals by US citizens?

And if you voted to Deport all illegals, how would you do that...Mass exodus to the border. How many busses would be needed to ship illegals from your city...
would we used city busses, greyhound? how would we ship them...house them feed them...Youre gonna have to have staging sites...Remeber the SuperDome in LA...
Now multiply that by every city in the country.

And thats for the people that leave peacefully...What of the ones that dont want to go or claim to have entenuating circumstances...Remeber Elian Gonzales...Just invisions 20 to 50 Elian Gonzales raids on your local news...night after night.

Would we do it state by state...Remeber we could even bus the survivours of Katrina
out of harms way with out a National Effort.

Im not saying none of this cant be done...just be ready for the side effects...
 Ezzee
Msg: 118
The Postville Example
Posted: 5/6/2009 3:58:03 PM
I think Postville, IA shows what kind of damage is done by large raids done in communities. I'm sure there are lots of other impacts, but this is one in particular that is sad.

Postville still recovering a year after raid
By TINA HINZ / Waterloo Courier

CEDAR FALLS, Iowa — The aftermath of the immigration raid at Agriprocessors in Postville is not over, leaders say.

On Friday, community service providers spoke about the impact on the Northeast Iowa town as part of a two-day "Postville: Past, Present and Future" conference at the University of Northern Iowa.
On May 12, 2008, 389 illegal immigrants were detained from Agriprocessors, a kosher meatpacking plant that employed 900 people at its peak.

Chad Wahls, principal of kindergarten through eighth grade in the Postville district, refuses to talk about the raid itself. Too many parts anger him, he said, as the event stripped a melting pot of cultures that Postville residents have been building on for several years.

Wahls would rather focus on the positives Hispanics bring to the district’s 450 to 500 students. This is the third year for a dual-language program to help each student graduate bilingual.

Diversity in the classroom was initially unfamiliar to music teacher Nina Van Gorp. Now she lets Spanish speakers lead native songs.

"We learned to make accommodations, and it was truly amazing for me how readily the children picked up (other languages) ... when they wanted to really talk to their new friends," she said.

Educating illegal immigrants is arguably against the law, Van Gorp said, but it’s hard not to want the best for young students.

"I realize laws are laws and they’re to be enforced and followed, but sometimes you have to look at a bigger picture than what’s just black and white," Van Gorp said.

The district surprisingly didn’t lose a lot of students last fall, although the damage to children has been irreversible, said Dawn Hernandez, Allamakee Substance Abuse Prevention youth coordinator.

"Families can disappear," Hernandez said, snapping her fingers. "Their life is unsafe and inconsistent."

Trust is not easily regained, agreed Maryn Olson, response coordinator for the Postville Response Coalition. Rebuilding Postville will take time, and partner agencies have been brought in to centralize emergency case management and other crisis services.

"A group from Parkersburg walked in in mid-December to deliver dozens of brand-new toys for Postville children," said Olson, choking up. "They said that they knew what it was like to be in need, and now they were glad that they were able to help others."

According to the panelists, their love for Postville makes its recovery worth fighting for.

"May 12 is forever marked in my memory as a day of pain, fear and insecurity," Hernandez said. "But it’s also of hope, the gathering of community and the importance of family."

http://lacrossetribune.com/articles/2009/05/03/newsupdate/11postville.txt
 Got Trance
Msg: 119
The Postville Example
Posted: 5/6/2009 7:36:15 PM

The district surprisingly didn’t lose a lot of students last fall, although the damage to children has been irreversible, said Dawn Hernandez, Allamakee Substance Abuse Prevention youth coordinator.

What damage was done? Someone please explain.
 Got Trance
Msg: 120
Posted: 5/7/2009 7:36:28 AM
I support the Minuteman project.
http://www.minutemanproject.com
 7iron
Msg: 121
Posted: 5/8/2009 4:38:16 AM
jsmi1: Birthright Citizenship, commonly called "Anchor Babies", for those born in the U.S. with parents who are in this country illegally become elligible to receive benefits paid directly to the illegal alien parents. AFDC, Food Stamps, SSI, and HUD benefits are paid directly to the illegals. Medicaid and WIC are also included. In 2007 the estimated number of children born in that year alone was 380,000 according to FAIR.
If you google "illegal aliens receiving welfare" or "anchor babies" there are plenty of sources that will provide you information on this subject.
 SAguy_06
Msg: 122
Posted: 5/8/2009 4:57:01 AM

"Anchor Babies",

I dont know who the idiot was that coined the term...but its disgusting...These are American citizens, afforded all rights and privilages as any other citizen.

To catgorize them as if they are some sub-class of American citizen is wrong.

We dont choose our parents, but if a person is lucky to be born here, He is American...
 7iron
Msg: 123
Posted: 5/8/2009 5:40:52 AM
It's true, the term "Anchor Babies" is disgusting. What many, including me, find even more disgusting is for their illegal alien parents to use these children to short-cut the immigration laws and the entitlement programs all at the expense of the taxpayers and the legal immigrants.
 SAguy_06
Msg: 124
Posted: 5/8/2009 5:52:03 AM
Question...are entitlements given to the child, child and mother, or the whole family?
 Sweet_Le_Senza
Msg: 125
view profile
History
Posted: 5/8/2009 7:48:58 AM
What about illegal immigrants that are fleeing civil wars or countries where they are fleeing becuase of human rights abuses?What about women and children that are smuggled in for postitution and then charged for illegal immmigration? Do you guys only think about yourselves?
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Is it wrong to report / turn in illegal Aliens