Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Is it wrong to report / turn in illegal Aliens      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 SAguy_06
Msg: 107
Is it wrong to report / turn in illegal AliensPage 7 of 15    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15)
OK Gentlemen, after 13 pages, I think we all know basically where we stand.

So what are some Real World solutions.

What really can be done that could be Logistically done...I know some will say...Just ship them back...like there is a magic wand the goverment can wave...and all Illegals will return.

We need workers...Do we allow seasonal or term workers to work here?

They are allowed to work here, how do we allow them to rent apartments, turn on utilities? Save money in Banks, Buy Cars...Drive? Pay Taxes?

If your against any workers, Do you believe we can fill all jobs held by illegals by US citizens?

And if you voted to Deport all illegals, how would you do that...Mass exodus to the border. How many busses would be needed to ship illegals from your city...
would we used city busses, greyhound? how would we ship them...house them feed them...Youre gonna have to have staging sites...Remeber the SuperDome in LA...
Now multiply that by every city in the country.

And thats for the people that leave peacefully...What of the ones that dont want to go or claim to have entenuating circumstances...Remeber Elian Gonzales...Just invisions 20 to 50 Elian Gonzales raids on your local news...night after night.

Would we do it state by state...Remeber we could even bus the survivours of Katrina
out of harms way with out a National Effort.

Im not saying none of this cant be done...just be ready for the side effects...
 Ezzee
Msg: 108
The Postville Example
Posted: 5/6/2009 3:58:03 PM
I think Postville, IA shows what kind of damage is done by large raids done in communities. I'm sure there are lots of other impacts, but this is one in particular that is sad.

Postville still recovering a year after raid
By TINA HINZ / Waterloo Courier

CEDAR FALLS, Iowa — The aftermath of the immigration raid at Agriprocessors in Postville is not over, leaders say.

On Friday, community service providers spoke about the impact on the Northeast Iowa town as part of a two-day "Postville: Past, Present and Future" conference at the University of Northern Iowa.
On May 12, 2008, 389 illegal immigrants were detained from Agriprocessors, a kosher meatpacking plant that employed 900 people at its peak.

Chad Wahls, principal of kindergarten through eighth grade in the Postville district, refuses to talk about the raid itself. Too many parts anger him, he said, as the event stripped a melting pot of cultures that Postville residents have been building on for several years.

Wahls would rather focus on the positives Hispanics bring to the district’s 450 to 500 students. This is the third year for a dual-language program to help each student graduate bilingual.

Diversity in the classroom was initially unfamiliar to music teacher Nina Van Gorp. Now she lets Spanish speakers lead native songs.

"We learned to make accommodations, and it was truly amazing for me how readily the children picked up (other languages) ... when they wanted to really talk to their new friends," she said.

Educating illegal immigrants is arguably against the law, Van Gorp said, but it’s hard not to want the best for young students.

"I realize laws are laws and they’re to be enforced and followed, but sometimes you have to look at a bigger picture than what’s just black and white," Van Gorp said.

The district surprisingly didn’t lose a lot of students last fall, although the damage to children has been irreversible, said Dawn Hernandez, Allamakee Substance Abuse Prevention youth coordinator.

"Families can disappear," Hernandez said, snapping her fingers. "Their life is unsafe and inconsistent."

Trust is not easily regained, agreed Maryn Olson, response coordinator for the Postville Response Coalition. Rebuilding Postville will take time, and partner agencies have been brought in to centralize emergency case management and other crisis services.

"A group from Parkersburg walked in in mid-December to deliver dozens of brand-new toys for Postville children," said Olson, choking up. "They said that they knew what it was like to be in need, and now they were glad that they were able to help others."

According to the panelists, their love for Postville makes its recovery worth fighting for.

"May 12 is forever marked in my memory as a day of pain, fear and insecurity," Hernandez said. "But it’s also of hope, the gathering of community and the importance of family."

http://lacrossetribune.com/articles/2009/05/03/newsupdate/11postville.txt
 Got Trance
Msg: 109
The Postville Example
Posted: 5/6/2009 7:36:15 PM

The district surprisingly didn’t lose a lot of students last fall, although the damage to children has been irreversible, said Dawn Hernandez, Allamakee Substance Abuse Prevention youth coordinator.

What damage was done? Someone please explain.
 Got Trance
Msg: 110
Is it wrong to report / turn in illegal Aliens
Posted: 5/7/2009 7:36:28 AM
I support the Minuteman project.
http://www.minutemanproject.com
 7iron
Msg: 111
Posted: 5/8/2009 4:38:16 AM
jsmi1: Birthright Citizenship, commonly called "Anchor Babies", for those born in the U.S. with parents who are in this country illegally become elligible to receive benefits paid directly to the illegal alien parents. AFDC, Food Stamps, SSI, and HUD benefits are paid directly to the illegals. Medicaid and WIC are also included. In 2007 the estimated number of children born in that year alone was 380,000 according to FAIR.
If you google "illegal aliens receiving welfare" or "anchor babies" there are plenty of sources that will provide you information on this subject.
 SAguy_06
Msg: 112
Posted: 5/8/2009 4:57:01 AM

"Anchor Babies",

I dont know who the idiot was that coined the term...but its disgusting...These are American citizens, afforded all rights and privilages as any other citizen.

To catgorize them as if they are some sub-class of American citizen is wrong.

We dont choose our parents, but if a person is lucky to be born here, He is American...
 7iron
Msg: 113
Posted: 5/8/2009 5:40:52 AM
It's true, the term "Anchor Babies" is disgusting. What many, including me, find even more disgusting is for their illegal alien parents to use these children to short-cut the immigration laws and the entitlement programs all at the expense of the taxpayers and the legal immigrants.
 SAguy_06
Msg: 114
Posted: 5/8/2009 5:52:03 AM
Question...are entitlements given to the child, child and mother, or the whole family?
 Sweet_Le_Senza
Msg: 115
view profile
History
Posted: 5/8/2009 7:48:58 AM
What about illegal immigrants that are fleeing civil wars or countries where they are fleeing becuase of human rights abuses?What about women and children that are smuggled in for postitution and then charged for illegal immmigration? Do you guys only think about yourselves?
 Sweet_Le_Senza
Msg: 116
view profile
History
Posted: 5/8/2009 7:54:10 AM

not to mention the BILLIONS they cost us in welfare here in the U.S.A.
US tax payers payed over 6 Billion to the El Salvedore regime by 1990. This regime was known as one of the most brutal regimes in diregarding human rights. Good job America!
 my64bit
Msg: 117
Posted: 5/12/2009 3:28:12 AM
Here is your wake up call, our culture as we know it, will be gone in a matter of years, all due to imigration.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-3X5hIFXYU
 7iron
Msg: 118
Posted: 5/12/2009 9:20:39 AM
hereshecomesagain: Are you saying we should allow illegal immigration for all and that includes murderers, rapists, drug dealers, child predators, thieves, prostitutes and all others of questionable character to just come on into our country? You don't think any of those types of people jeopardize our culture? What's to say leaders of some of the countries south of us don't just decide to empty their prisons and send all their convicts here so they don't have to feed and house them? If it were up to people who think like you do, that's what would surely happen. We have immigration laws to prevent these bad apples from joining our society and rightfully so. I wish some of you would realize these aren't all choir boys sneeking into the U.S., there are a lot of criminals among them.
 Sweet_Le_Senza
Msg: 119
view profile
History
Posted: 5/13/2009 5:35:09 AM

You're right - we should reward pimps and those who traffic in human-cargo rather than deporting them. :)

Suggesting that I insinuated they were criminal is insulting me.

Do you have any idea what country they are coming from? You think it would be right to send them BACK to a country where human rights are complety being violated? Does this sound normal to you?

People fleeing civil wars typically get refugee status.

Please don't insult my intellegence. I'm fully aware of this refugee status and how it works, or doesn't work and what is required. Many posts in here are ignorant of this as you know however you apprently miss this.

Many of these refugees that come over can have false documents because they are fleeing these countries. P.S I wouldn't be so proud of Reagan. Your presidents so far have been nothing more then a destruction to many peoples lives. May Obama be the change we all hope for!
 Sweet_Le_Senza
Msg: 120
view profile
History
Posted: 5/13/2009 7:55:53 AM
are you suggesting I agree with allowing the entry of criminal aliens? Is that what you believe?
Do you think that is what my goal is?

My apologies. I guess "prostitution" and "smuggled in" gave me the wrong impression. How silly of me to think something like that insinuates lawbreaking on anyone's part.[\quote]

So women being forced into prostitution (human trafficking) from other counties are criminals? That's not very nice!
 Sweet_Le_Senza
Msg: 121
view profile
History
Posted: 5/14/2009 5:42:02 PM

By the way, YES, we think only about ourselves

You're the Unites States of Ametica buddy! Your government doesn`t give a shit about anybody but themselves. Please don`t give me this sappy story of `asylum in the United States.`! That`s like an oxymoron!
 SAguy_06
Msg: 122
Posted: 5/14/2009 5:58:30 PM
MSG332~
The changes in culture are always due to immigration.

I disagree the most dramatic and profound changes in culture come because of war.
 krazykshaw
Msg: 123
Posted: 5/20/2009 11:01:42 AM
They want a place in this country how about they serve 4 years in the military then they can have there free rein and social given to them. Until then I wish we would close the border to Mexico. Hard working heart breaking to see family's get hauled away my ass they should make a show of it something along the lines of Dog the bounty hunter. Like other people have said we have enough problems we don't need them to add to it. Border patrol should be shoot to kill. Would you let someone break into your house eat your food take your job and use your money to go get seen at the hospital???

krazykshaw
Msg: 124
Posted: 5/20/2009 11:13:42 AM
Canada's a fuc*ing shining star
 krazykshaw
Msg: 125
Posted: 5/20/2009 11:39:02 PM
If there was a way to sort out who's using and abusing the system they should just be sent to a deserted island. I agree with you how our own people take advantage of systems set up to help them. I would rather not have Illegals taking our jobs away from our hard working people that are just out on luck right now. I know a guy who's worked hard all of his life and was recently laid off and cant find a job for nothing and he's great at what he does. It's just the area we live in. I prefer quality not many illegals can offer that because if they could they could be successful in there own country. So I'm sticking with shoot to kill
 Got Trance
Msg: 126
Posted: 5/21/2009 9:05:42 PM

Now...from that to calling them criminals!!!! Give me a break OP. There are many more criminals born in USA than in the illegal alien population.

That statement is beyond ridiculous.
And another thing, it does not matter why they are here. It is how they got here.
The fact that they are here illegally makes them a criminal. Each and every one of them.
 Got Trance
Msg: 127
Posted: 5/22/2009 1:14:34 PM

Most of the jobs that illegals do, americans would never do. And plus not to mention the little money they get paid.

Americans WILL do the job. It's just the damn illegals will do the job at a lower rate of pay i.e. under the table or using a stolen/fraudulent ID and SSN.
And I also blame the company that hires them.
 SAguy_06
Msg: 128
Posted: 5/22/2009 4:35:25 PM

new wave of immigrants just wants to rape America,

You want to give specifics, or are you just relying on flinging bullshit now...
 krazykshaw
Msg: 129
Posted: 5/23/2009 2:47:05 AM
ElMachine are you f*cking serious I want to e-slap the sh*t out of you. NONE would take a job picking tomatoes under 90 degree weather. If you ever get the chance grab 15 month stay in Iraq 140 degree's building up this country. I mean building hammer nails type. Don't talk to me about Illegals picking f*cking tomatoes in 90 degree's. I know at least 10 people in my plt that would pick tomatoes in 90 degree's vs coming to this country me being one of them. On the other hand some people like it. If theres a system that can be abused its going to be abused its been that way for YEARS and will not change. White Black Brown we all have our hard workers and our pieces of shit that are nothing but a waste of air and tax payers money. American's won't take them jobs I bet there's Mexicans that won't take the same god damn job. You can't sit here and tell me Mexicans are the only race that takes the shitty work that no ones else wants. Because I can 100% back up the fact that theres going to be a White Black or Asian right there with them doing the same sh*t.

Back to the topic at hand. Hell no its not wrong to turn in Illegal aliens...Turn in as many as you can
 krazykshaw
Msg: 130
Posted: 5/23/2009 2:58:12 AM
If you are starving do you really think you should be having kids flee to the United states. You say how Lazy Americans are in your generalizations but we have 40 year old men with nothing left joining our military. Then you go to talk about how NOT every illegal is a criminal well NOT every American is lazy.
 SAguy_06
Msg: 131
Posted: 5/31/2009 7:06:22 AM

Let's send our worthless people over to their countries and keep the people that risk their lives to come over to the United States and actually want to work and are willing to work hard.

I agree that we should allow hard working non-americans to work here, but I feel they at some point should go back to their homeland.

As for worthless americans...The're like the older brother that's always barrowing $50 bucks...I may complain, but blood is thicker than water...
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Is it wrong to report / turn in illegal Aliens