Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 dwacorn
Msg: 34
I will OBEY you???Page 2 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
Stick a gem in your navel and call him, "Master". Maybe you can revive yet another 60s TV sitcom for our reality-show addicts.
 _Thisisme_
Msg: 35
view profile
History
I will OBEY you???
Posted: 6/29/2005 10:26:31 PM
When I got married way back when....in a church....both the man and women vowed to obey, yes it was stupid.

Whatever the words are, they should in some way imply committment to the union. Perhaps something along the lines of: "...promise to do my damb best to make this thing work"...lol
 Cristine
Msg: 37
I will OBEY you???
Posted: 6/30/2005 3:26:50 AM
I think it is a misconception of where in the bible it teaches women to be subservient to women BECAUSE men are told to love his wife MORE than the Lord... So if your husband loves you as much as and more than the Loard then obviously his word is true and has good intensions.

it gets taken out of context and many narcissistic men use it for their own gain...

I would not say that to my future husband as I believe in partnership. Yes, you have to give the wand over to your partner sometimes... but to obey as in parental roles... no way jose!
 fangs77
Msg: 38
I will OBEY you???
Posted: 6/30/2005 4:25:18 AM
I must say that I don't agree with the whole "obey" thing, either. But I also think that we take that word way out of context. It didn't originally mean that the wife had to do everything her husband told her to...How can I put this? It's a bit hard to explain...There's a big difference between the word "obey" and "submit", and the two have been confused. "Submit" does not mean that the woman has to go along with everything her husband says. It means she must have respect for him. That, to me, is a lot easier.
 am70sguy
Msg: 39
view profile
History
I will OBEY you???
Posted: 7/2/2005 1:06:42 PM
Way way back when, the word obey did in fact mean just that, Obey. Women had no rights and were expected to be subservient to the man. Religions taught thats how things must be. It is really amazing just how far things have progressed in the last centuary years on so many fronts.
 Offmyrocker
Msg: 40
I will OBEY you???
Posted: 7/2/2005 1:10:12 PM
hehehehe,,Indi?? Meet one "hell of a man"! Now, OBEY ME!
 Offmyrocker
Msg: 42
I will OBEY you???
Posted: 7/2/2005 1:16:05 PM
Country, you women are hell on wheels! I love it!
 Meekrob
Msg: 43
I will OBEY you???
Posted: 7/2/2005 1:34:45 PM
Yes, Meow, Bible teaches mutual submission. Husbands should love their wives and both parties should submit to each other out of love. Husband should be spiritual and Christian leader in home, and should exercise priesthood in home. Lord God and Jesus is over all and all submit to the Lord. Trouble is, families are disfunctional. Wives rebel and so do husbands. The Christian order in the home today in a lot of families is out of wack. Unless Christ is head of the home, both parties to a marriage will probably fail.
 Meekrob
Msg: 44
I will OBEY you???
Posted: 7/2/2005 1:36:29 PM
So far, I see little in the way of this POF site of people who want to do things God's way.
 WeekendHuntressKatelynn21
Msg: 45
I will OBEY you???
Posted: 7/2/2005 1:47:04 PM
No saying the *G* word here.. c'mon now...

this is relationships... not religion..

OT...

Obey? only in dom/sub.. Domme/sub relationships for me...

runs thru the thread nekkid

Streakerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 HB2
Msg: 46
I will OBEY you???
Posted: 7/2/2005 1:48:30 PM
OH please! not this chickey!

runs nekkid through the threads..............

streak!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 astrosky
Msg: 47
view profile
History
I will OBEY you???
Posted: 7/2/2005 2:31:53 PM
The only way I'm obeying anybody is if he proves he's right 90% of the time about everything. If I prove I'm right more often about more things, he oughta obey me instead, as my judgment is better than his. Really, though, its preferable to have an adult/adult relationship instead of one person taking the parental role and the other that of a child - as shown on most sitcoms where the husband is portrayed as a helpless oaf, etc.

I'm for marriage vows promoting equality as presumably people respect one another or they wouldn't be getting married. Perhaps the definition of obeying is taking a serious interest in the spouse's wants/desires/preferences (such as, "she doesn't want me to look at other women, so if I want domestic harmony, I won't do it in front of her", and "He'll freak out if I go wild with credit cards at the mall"). If you truly give a hoot about keeping your partner in your life, you'll automatically "do as they wish" because you love them and wish to please them, in theory at least. But having to swear to do it during a marriage ceremony smacks of insincerity - either you truly feel that way about them or you don't, you can't fake it for long.
 Mike2467
Msg: 49
I will OBEY you???
Posted: 7/2/2005 4:49:00 PM
I think the obey line is a stupid line and shouldn't be in marriage vows. Apparently it was left behind from some backward time in history. Marriage vows should get real and toss that line into the past where it belongs.
 lollipop253
Msg: 50
I will OBEY you???
Posted: 7/2/2005 6:44:34 PM
I don't think there is anything wrong with the word obey. To me it means to comply and listen. What's wrong with complying and listening to your husband? What's wrong with taking guidence from your husband? As long as he isn't telling you anything wrong, I don't see a problem with it.
 Jayelle
Msg: 51
I will OBEY you???
Posted: 7/2/2005 7:03:10 PM
When that special man looks at me with that familiar twinkle in his eye and whispers, "C'mere woman!" I'm gonna damn sure obey.
 HAHANOW
Msg: 52
!
Posted: 7/2/2005 7:57:06 PM
OBEY???? ROFLMAO
 HB2
Msg: 53
!
Posted: 7/2/2005 7:58:44 PM
Only in Dom World and there the men do the obeying!!!
 HAHANOW
Msg: 55
!
Posted: 7/2/2005 8:39:44 PM
lick my boots! LOL
 Ruby Lips
Msg: 56
!
Posted: 7/2/2005 8:44:04 PM
Right on......my lil watcher in the woods!
 tyme_gypsy
Msg: 60
view profile
History
I will OBEY you???
Posted: 7/2/2005 10:54:49 PM
"No saying the *G* word here.. c'mon now..."

I see. So we're supposed to just make up answers to be PC. SKREW that!
And women say that they want the truth...
 thecatt
Msg: 62
I will OBEY you???
Posted: 7/3/2005 3:45:26 PM
I never obey men. I'm a rebel.
 InnocentVixen
Msg: 63
view profile
History
I will OBEY you???
Posted: 7/3/2005 3:48:30 PM
That just wrong... does it really say that? I mean there are limets to Obeying a person and well some people take it a lil too serious!
 Montreal_Guy
Msg: 64
view profile
History
I will OBEY you???
Posted: 7/3/2005 3:50:51 PM
If I want something that obeys me, I will get a dog.

I want a human being that is my equal, in every way. That doesn't mean we are the same, we ARE different. ...that is a GOOD thing.
 cuterguy
Msg: 68
I will OBEY you???
Posted: 7/4/2005 9:16:59 AM
The tradition is ladies----to obey the man. Sorry, it is not modern, but that is the way the tradition is. Times have changed and obeying the man is not honored anymore--lol (this is gonna be fun)

It all started when we let you vote---oh boy we did not know what we were doing. Then wages started going down and the women hit the work force for a family to get ahead. The men then started staying home (wearing your apron) and took care of the kids barefoot and erect when you got home.---I don't care, you still have to obey us cause thats the rules!!!---LMAO

May be some rethought has to be done about getting married and living up to those old traditions. Sub-serviant---thats such a pretty traditional word, isn't it? LOL
 Hiwayman
Msg: 69
I will OBEY you???
Posted: 7/4/2005 9:22:15 AM
I don't know why women make such an issue out of the word "obey" women expect the same......only they call it "there honey do list"
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >