Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 no_1_bby
Msg: 9
view profile
History
how many is to manyPage 4 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
The only time I'm concerned is when the number is ZERO.

As long as safe sex practices have been used..
 Yankee_Girl
Msg: 15
view profile
History
how many is to many
Posted: 4/6/2009 5:28:54 PM
I lie about my weight and my number. You can usually add the same number to both to get to the right figure.
 no_1_bby
Msg: 17
view profile
History
how many is to many
Posted: 4/6/2009 5:38:37 PM

Also if your partner knows her way around the bedroom etc. it is safe to assume the number is higher then she might say. Besides, why does it matter? Live in the present, look for the future and learn from the past.

Your logic fails here. Say for example someone has had sex 200 times. That could mean 200 times with ONE person or 1 time with 200 people. Which would you prefer? I know what I'd like it to be.

The number of partners my guy has had can be counted on both hands.. with several fingers left over. He's had a lot more experience with somethings than I have had with my much larger *body count*.
 Tonyrocks
Msg: 23
view profile
History
how many is to many
Posted: 4/6/2009 6:41:40 PM
oh god please shoot me! last time I dealt with this issue I was 17. Let me save you some time NO you dont give a number at least not a high number if you like them or you want to stay in the relationship! can some one please school this person.
 notregme
Msg: 26
view profile
History
how many is to many
Posted: 4/6/2009 6:53:49 PM
say its about three times as much as a joke.so when you tell the right number it wont sound so bad.lol
 DAVE632
Msg: 28
view profile
History
how many is to many
Posted: 4/6/2009 7:01:33 PM
Possibly MORE important these days would be, "How few is TOO few?" If they've been with somebody with NO imagination and they've been too intimidated to do any experimenting themselves then you could have a proverbial "dead fish" in bed.

Providing everybody is SAFE and disease free, I wouldn't care how many as long as there was emotional commitment matching my own. The more experience likely the more fun and the more open they'd be. There are exceptions to that - a long dull marriage and a woman WITH a good imagination and wanting to improve her sex life is an obvious example.

Either way there is a happy medium and that usually depends on her attitude - or yours if the situation is reversed. Just because some dude has a more notches in his bed post than a boyscout flagpole does NOT mean he's learned how to be a sensual knowledgeable lover.

If you are having to ask...it's the current number less one...

Brilliant. If you ask in a negative context (judgmental) then you can hit the road. IF on the other hand you are both OK with sharing interesting stories then there shouldn't be a problem.

And PARDON the intrusion but I couldn't help but notice that almost ALL of you have no idea between to and too so....

How many are TOO many lovers. (TOO as inclusive eg. ALSO

I went TO NYC on the weekend. (TO - to go TO someplace)

I went TO New York on the weekend. Did you go TOO?

NOT a great deal but where I grew up nobody past grade FOUR would make such a mistook.

Just saying ....
 Channybeans
Msg: 33
how many is to many
Posted: 4/6/2009 8:29:53 PM
I personally dont think its a relevant question and find it to be a little rude to ask a person.....what are you trying to prove?? Its a simple****measuring contest that ends up making ppl feel worse.....It shouldnt be used as a measure if truth, love, or devotion to a partner. Thisis info is simply to judge someone based on shallow premise.

PhEx
 Channybeans
Msg: 35
how many is to many
Posted: 4/6/2009 8:41:19 PM

I heard if a guy hears a woman's # ...........multiply by 2.
If a woman hears a guy's #..............divide by 2.

or you saw it in a movie once!!! and got the numbers wrong! LOL
 parklabrea
Msg: 42
view profile
History
how many is to many
Posted: 4/7/2009 9:27:57 PM
Isn't a foolish question for someone over 30 to ask? I can remember asking that when I was 25, jealous and insecure as I was. It's never occurred to me to pose the question since then. Whatever experiences you has had in life, including sexual, have led you to being together. Isn't that enough?
 2HEDZ
Msg: 43
view profile
History
how many is to many
Posted: 4/7/2009 9:52:34 PM
only an idiot would answer that question and only a bigger idiot would ask it. the past is the past.
 Happily Ever...maybe
Msg: 53
view profile
History
how many is to many
Posted: 4/8/2009 10:10:38 AM
Insecure people usually think its too many when their partner's number is more than theirs, regardless of said number. Realistic people know that the only relevant question is how many people are you sleeping with NOW, and as long as the answer is one, everything is good.
 Redlance71
Msg: 67
view profile
History
how many is to many
Posted: 4/8/2009 12:08:21 PM
goodgal, I hear ya on asking how recent. Same with my current GF, we had sex on day one. Call me bad, we just could not resist!

Far as the body count thing goes, I've generally chosen to not ask but have been asked any number of times. I don't lie. Sadly to say I do not have an exact number. IF asked now I'd probalby say "About as many times as how many birthdays I've seen" and leave it at that. I'm secure with who I am and with a good woman in who she is. Sure, there are fears of STDs and stuff. I've always protected myself with women I should protect myself with and avoided testing positive for anything bad.

Quantity does not always = experience. Quality of partners is important, even if it's just they allow you to be comfortale and relax doing what you want to do. Of course it's funner when the partner contributes to the game ;) It just occured to me last night that 8+ years with my ex wife, who was very hard to stimulate indirectly, had given me the tools and sensation to nail all of my girlfriend's "hot spots" in short order and finding a few new ones she did not realize in the process. Ex wife sucked in bed, but years of effort and variance paid off with my current wonderful girlfriend!
 JustDukky
Msg: 73
how many is to many
Posted: 4/8/2009 2:48:39 PM

how many is too many

How many is enough?

Oh...sorry...I thought you were talking about something else.
 Sur103
Msg: 83
how many is to many
Posted: 4/10/2009 12:05:38 PM
Hey Christi, message me. I want to talk to you. Sur103@yahoo.com
bob
 JustDukky
Msg: 85
how many is to many
Posted: 4/10/2009 1:03:27 PM

I don't think it should matter if you've slept with one person or twenty one people, as long as you're clean and comfortable with yourself. It's just a number.

Does that still apply if it's in the thousands; or are we now on a slippery slope?
 Blondecharmthe3rd
Msg: 90
how many is to many
Posted: 4/10/2009 3:14:44 PM
My numbers may be too many for some, and catnip to others. Who really cares about numbers???? I think that the numbers indicate how sexual a person is, can indicate problems with commitment, or can point to lack of self awareness sexually speaking. I think a person's numbers is an individual thing, and out of context mean nothing in themselves. Take the time to get to know the person, know what drives them and get a bearing on how they live their lives. Then when the number comes up, you might have a better way to interept it.
 mthomjmark
Msg: 95
how many is to many
Posted: 4/10/2009 4:12:26 PM
its an important question; if someone is 25 and been with 40 people, well sorry; thats sleazy; guy or girl; if their partner had 10 people sleep with them, you have been exposed to 400 people;

being that the STD rate for those under 25 is 25% (the latest National Institute of Health figures) then the odds are not too good.

People are clueless when it comes to STD's.
 beereal4once
Msg: 104
how many is to many
Posted: 4/11/2009 5:30:48 AM
i don't think there can be a set number on what is good or bad, i myself when i was younger and came to vegas a fews time and found the variety of women, i know my numbers are between 100-120. if a girl i have been with asks i tell them most don't say its bad or good, most only care in relationship wise and other if you can last more than 5 minutes and have a clue of what your doing, so the ? really isn't detailed enough, in what you really want to know, people can also say you could have 10 girls and have done it over 200 times with each, which in most cases is true, some poeple are complete horn dogs and girls, for that matter,.... i'm not ashamed of how many i have been with, nor will i care what people think its my life not yours, worse case is when i 'm old and married or not, i have lots of things to think about lol...... everyone is different in this aspect, this is my thing though i have done it both ways,, i dated a girl over a yr, no sex no nothing the first time we did do it i would have had better luck with a corpse,, i could have done a cardboard box and chapped myself and had more fun, the bad part was she bragged the whole time about how great she was, and how she could do this and that, i guess in her past she was lied to alot, unfortunately i told her the truth, she was mad at first but then figured out why etc, and we worked on it, we have both gone our own ways, but i do bet for one thing she will have the little bit more of experience, for the next person, so either way you cut it it can be good or bad, everyone has different taste, which makes us all different, if we were all the same life would suck, and sex would be as fun as getting a glass of water, enough said for now, have a good night ,,,,,
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >