Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 GWSmith
Msg: 74
How open are you REALLY to discuss why you're still single?Page 2 of 15    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15)
Well the in the last relationship we sort of drifted apart; the romantic aspect was gone so we are now just friends. I'm working on a few thing sin my situation before I start dating again. Thats pretty much it...
 peppermint petunias
Msg: 77
How open are you REALLY to discuss why you're still single?
Posted: 7/27/2010 4:04:24 AM
I'm not looking hard enough...Main reason.

I prefer single to being in a relationship for the wrong reasons/person.

But prefer NOT being without an SO.

Just want the type of person I want and
will feel/think can be a lasting possibility and partner, not just Mr. October.

Lightning struck the ground aprox 700 times yesterday but only hit one person........

Then again a beach goer came here to avoid the oil in the gulf and a shark bit him..
 DrummingNut
Msg: 79
Posted: 7/27/2010 5:16:35 AM
Why I'm still single?

Less hassle. Plain and simple.

And I haven't met anyone yet to change that opinion.

daffie
Msg: 80
view profile
History
Posted: 7/27/2010 5:17:15 AM
if i meet the guy i want?...
that will be great...

until then, if i do eventually find him, i'm happy to be flying solo and enjoying my life...
 browneyesboo
Msg: 82
Posted: 7/27/2010 7:47:22 AM

No need to talk or explain,,,,,the reasons are obvious if you have eyes and can actually see. Just look around,,,,,,,

r e a l s l o w w w w w.

Not sure what this means. I'm looking around...are you saying no one is
attracted to you?

When I'm single, I'm single because I want to be.
I don't figure it's anyone else's fault I'm single.
But then I don't judge everyone in the real world
by the people I meet in here. Sometimes you need
to take your POF snorkel off and fish in the real world.
 princess_ai
Msg: 84
Posted: 7/28/2010 8:28:00 PM
im single because i chose to be. plus being busy with my online classes i just dont have time for a relationship right now. i'll go out on dates but even that is starting to get boring too because its always the same thing. dnner....movie...dinner..movie? blah. it gets old doing the same thing over and over again. also going out on dates with men is just starting to get boring too. it seems like they're all the same and i just feel im starting to lose interest in men anyways.

lol.

Fifi47
Msg: 87
Posted: 7/29/2010 9:20:14 AM
I am single for various reasons. I work in public education which means rarely meeting any men at work, live in a town not a city, have not been married and do not have children (seems to be a fate worse than death as far as making me marketable), and my appearance seems to be unattractive (as far as I know head translplants are not available at this point) as most of the men I have met seem to be extremely particular about desiring a certain type of appearance and that woman is not me. I also prefer to date intelligent men (to me) with whom I share at least a few interests. Casual dating and/or encounters are not part of my agenda. My family possibly is frightening......my late father was a minister, and there are 2 ministers in my immediate family, although I am very open minded about religion and spirituality. Most sports/ hunting or Nascar do not interest me. Several men have told me that I am perceptive, don't play games and put up with far less and give less crap then any women they have met.
 Padawan61
Msg: 88
view profile
History
Posted: 7/31/2010 3:26:17 AM
A few reasons for the single life:

1. Too many women own animals.
2. Too many women who own animals treat them like children.
3. Too many women who own animals and treat them like children expect the guy to want and love them as they do.
4. Sept 21 2012.
5. FWBs are more convenient. i.e. I can go home afterwards.
 karma1160
Msg: 92
Posted: 7/31/2010 11:56:20 PM
Well I suppose I could make all kinds of excuses as to why I am still single.
I am single because: I am a widow, my life changed instantaneously and it has taken me awhile to process that, and actually come to a place where I have an open door.
I have found that there are a lot of jaded people who will not give an inch anymore, because they stayed with their partners way too long and feel they shouldn't have to.
Comming from a relationship where two people actually know how to communicate and work out their problems by compromise it is hard not to expect that.
In this respect my life has been as different as night and day.
I was at the top of the mountain, so for me I am at a different place as far as expectations go.
I have been going to school for 2 years straight and working also.
Before these last two years, I was a single hockey mom and it doesn't get any busier than that.
I think it took till my youngest turned 18 for me to realize that it was time.
 Vannili
Msg: 93
view profile
History
Posted: 8/1/2010 1:23:11 AM
I don't make a topic why I am still single,but if people asked me why I am still single ,my answered is I have not found the right guy and that fueled to more questions and suggestion, so my reply is I don't like men heheheh that stop there...
 Cynderella
Msg: 95
view profile
History
Posted: 8/1/2010 6:08:43 PM
That's the 64,000.00 dollar question.

Tug a war...

I like my freedom but miss sharing my life.
 colt8301
Msg: 96
Posted: 8/1/2010 6:20:58 PM

Who knows? What are your thoughts? Not about me and what I've written!! I mean....what are your thoughts about YOU and YOUR situation?

My situation has been like this, around 17 I decided I wanted to pursue a certain goal. Undertaking that goal, I put women dead last on my priority list moreover I do not want offspring or marriage, with that being said i am single because that's the way I am and the way the "universe" wants it to be. I am who I am, we are who we are, we can't all be the same.
 David What
Msg: 97
Posted: 8/1/2010 6:37:13 PM
Zepher, if you ever want to be un-single again, let me know

I'm single again after a 25 year marriage, and it wasnt my choice. And yes I enjoyed being married.
 ohwhynot46
Msg: 100
view profile
History
Posted: 8/2/2010 8:33:51 PM
Do you think it's about lack of discussing openly, or lack of an answer to the question? I recently had someone say to me "you're so nice & so pretty, why are you single?". What a silly question! Are only mean, ugly people single? Are all married people nice? How on earth would you expect such a discussion to go? I am single because I am not married or in a relationship. Is that the answer? I agree with the poster who said that no discussion is warranted.
 cherryyblossom
Msg: 103
Posted: 8/3/2010 5:42:26 PM
i am single because i avoid a lot of things in life (dating, partying, going out, job searching) because i cannot tolerate the possible consequences (rejection, people who will act in a way that turns me off). I screwed myself big time during my high school and middle school years.
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 105
Posted: 8/12/2010 7:22:51 PM
My stock answer. I'm single because I've not yet met anyone who makes me not want to be single. *shrug*
 JujuO12
Msg: 109
Posted: 11/20/2015 5:40:53 PM
In the past I think I select men based on what other people said I should seek in a man rather matching him to my personality. I would loose myself in the relationship and then start to resent the guy AND it would go down hill. I have learned WHO I am and what I value and what is important to me and in doing that I have become undatable. Mainly because I dont feel this pressing need to go out with a man simply because he asks. We have to have something in common besides race and both being single.
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 110
Posted: 11/20/2015 5:42:46 PM
I'm single cause I've already got 99 problems.
 TheEvolutionOfJessi
Msg: 111
view profile
History
Posted: 11/20/2015 6:28:43 PM
(this cracked me up and I know I wasn't alone)

For the record though, I am single because I am a merciless and intolerant biotch with the patience and attention span of a chipmunk on crack.

I'm single because I'm seeing two therapists ( pretty sure I'm going to be the thesis of one of them ;-) ) and they're currently making too much money from me which means I have no more money for dating....

As well as the fact that no bloke wants to stepup in and accept my open loving relationship with my son.... nevermind that I have yet to meet a bloke who actually respects and values my intelligence...
Oh yeah, also that I'm picky....
and I don't pity fVck
Oh, and I'm nuttier than a squirrel turd...

Oh, I could go on, but I'm tired....
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 112
view profile
History
Posted: 11/20/2015 6:42:34 PM
luvs2laugh

I would counter that question with "why are you married?" They do stop asking once you hit your forties though I have found. Perhaps they feel we are too old to catch a man.. lol!!
 ShowboatSupreme
Msg: 113
Posted: 11/20/2015 6:43:51 PM
I figured out how to cook, do laundry and pay the bills.
 Walts
Msg: 114
Posted: 11/20/2015 7:05:53 PM
Though I personally thought it was obvious, here the list.

I fish.

I drink.

And, I'm basically certifiable.
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 115
Posted: 11/20/2015 7:10:47 PM
I'm still actually single because I am not legally or illegally married.

I figured out how to cook,

I figured out how to push the buttons on my microwave oven.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >