Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Art/Music  > Sam Raimi Confirms "Evil Dead 4"      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 mcgillj
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Sam Raimi Confirms Evil Dead 4Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
unless something has happened.. as far as I know.. the REMAKE is still a go, as well.. oddly.. at one point.. before Spidey 3 I believe.. they almost seemed to be talking like they would be almost released in PARALELL which would have been quite surreal..

but.. all in all.. they do seem to be.. talking up a fourth entry, again.. AND I am betting that Ghost House is still looking into the remake as well.. at one point it was some Asian director who was going to take the helm.. with the remake being a SERIOUS horror flick.. in effect rebooting the series..

I have no doubt that both will happen in due time.. hopefully part IV before the reboot.. I just don't see any really good casting going along.. all of the "slasher/horror flick" casting lately has just been BLAND as hell.. although I was pulling for more in the vein of the originals with Buffy's Nicholas Brendon as Ash.. but.. hasn't happened... and its about the ONLY casting I'd accept. although the REBOOT/remake is NOT supposed to, actually, include the "Ash" character.. just the whole cabin in the woods cortex to hell story.. I suppose leaving the Ash character free for Raimi and Campbell to play with once in a while..

PS: One RUMORED casting bit was actually Seann William ,aka "Stiffler" Scott in the head.. although, like I said, the LEAD would not be the Ash character.. although in the grand scheme.. until the second half of the first film.. Ash wasn't the lead of the first film either..
 torgo70
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Sam Raimi Confirms Evil Dead 4
Posted: 5/29/2009 6:26:52 AM

Bruce Campbell is great, but another Evil Dead movie? Ugh. Can't Raimi come up with something more original? I'm so bored with bad horror sequels. Don't horror directors ever want to do anything different as the years go on?

If coming up with something more original means something like Drag Me To Hell, I'd rather Raimi do another Evil Dead film.
 mcgillj
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 6/1/2009 5:09:50 PM
I don't know.. I mean.. Raimi's horror slate has been.. well.. he runs Ghost House... if you liked The Grudge.. I am HOPING that Drag Me to Hell is a complete 180.. I just HATE these Asian inspired .. funy imagery.. screamy pale people to illicit a scream? heh? The Ring.. The Gruge..this whole.. PG-13 horror craze is maddening..

I am torn on "Drag Me to Hell" thus far.. I kind of like the idea.. especially.. the black comic.. look what happens to that banker element.. which is timely given the currecnt financial situation. On the other hand though.. I hope its a REAL R-rated horror.. there's room for comedy.. for sure.. but.. there's really not alot of "HORROR" in the horror movies lately for my taste.

Fingers crossed on Drag.. and I'd love to see another Evil Dead.. a rather.. old.. jaded.. and just.. pissed off.. but.. also just.. complete flipped out Ash.. one thing I always liked in the films.. he kind of got.. alot more insane as the series went on.. and if you go with the ORIGIINAL ending of Army of Darkness.. he really would have snapped.
 mcgillj
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 6/16/2009 4:22:13 PM
I agree.. a story doesn't have to be drenched in blood.. or have some psycho killer to be SCARY.. in fact.. a very scary movie I liked was Battle Royale.. it was bloody yes.. but.. the SLASHER was a bunch of middle school kids.. and how quickly they turn on each other.

I have no objections to lack of gore.. or just pure fright.. I just found the Ring films rather BORING.. and just.. not frightening.. but trying to hard to do just that. but.. more recent PG-13 examples.. coming to mind. while it was a knock off of Rear Window.. but an excellent example.. and a good example on how to update, even not in name remake, a film.. Disturbia..even the original Halloween which was a slasher.. but was relatively bloodless.. it was more suspenseful.. just my 2 cents.. I know most disagree.. since The Ring had a sequel.. as did The Grudge.. so they must be good..
 AzTattooedSean777
Msg: 12
Posted: 6/16/2009 6:35:15 PM
I just hope it wouldn't be as average as army of darkness. The first 2 were awesome but army of darkness was average.
 Paranoia
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 6/16/2009 10:30:45 PM
Dead By Dawn kind of sucked....The Evil Dead was the best and Army of Darkness was second and What's the point with making the 4th and he's making the remake to The Evil Dead....One or the other people...One or the other.
 marshfieldmale
Msg: 14
Posted: 6/22/2009 9:37:37 PM
I'm very intrigued by ED4. I have the Evil Dead trilogy on DVD.
 torgo70
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 6/23/2009 9:57:19 AM

On top of that... Bruce Campbell, as awesome as he is, is not the young, S-Mart employee he once was. Will he be able to pull that young,**** Ash out of the mists of our memory? Having watched his most recent B-movies, I am just not sure. He could pull a Harrison Ford, of course (he's by no means as old as Ford was for The Crystal Skull) but it's been a long, cushy career since he was punched in the face by five skeletons.

Having watched "My Name is Bruce"- Campbell would have zero problem slipping back into the Ash role...plus they could easily play to his age.
 torgo70
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 6/23/2009 10:02:21 AM

Heh. I just happened to notice recently who's directing the new Drag Me To Hell movie. I'm actually interested in seeing that one. I take it, you didn't care for it?

Nope. I've pretty much given up all hope on theatrically released horror films. More and more the recent horror films that I've been enjoying have been straight to DVD(or from foreign countries)
 torgo70
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 6/23/2009 10:19:29 AM

I'm afraid that I have to disagree, the Ring films were both better than their original Japanese counterparts and though they were quite different they were every bit as good and suspenseful as the original horror novels by Koji Suzuki from which they were inspired.

Too each their own, but I thought the American Rings were horrendous(especially the sequel). Neither came remotely close to the Japanese originals. Some things can't be Westernized and the American Ring films are a prime example of this.
Sadako from the original was frightening, Samara was a joke.
The only suspense I felt watching the remakes were how long it would take to get to the end credits.
Show ALL Forums  > Art/Music  > Sam Raimi Confirms "Evil Dead 4"