Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Somali Pirates      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 oddandy
Msg: 76
Somali PiratesPage 4 of 12    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12)

I am not at all sorry to inform you that you don't get to promote your belief that all govt is intrinsically bad, while telling me to STFU. You are WAY over the line.

You're way over the line, as well. I didn't tell you to STFU, I pointed out that it is foolish to state that "right wing violence is nothing new" when a cursory study of history proves that the same can be said of left-wing violence. You were disingenuous at best.

Do you really want to compare historical notes? I'd be happy to, though I think you'll find that history doesn't support your one-sided agenda and assertion.
 oddandy
Msg: 77
Somali Pirates
Posted: 4/19/2009 3:58:03 PM
So yeah, let's compare notes. Go ahead and list the acts of terrorism committed by the left on american soil.

Uhh, the Weathermen bombings (remember those? One of Obama's good buddys was in on that...William Ayers) The Symbianese(sp?) Liberation Army (remember Patty Hearst?) The Earth Liberation Front torching entire car lots...(surely you've heard of "ecoterrorism")

How are those for starters? We can go farther back to a multitiude of bombings in the late 19th and early twentieth centuries (the terrorist roots of the "labor movement") as well....

Shall I go on? Those are just off the top of my head. I'm sure there's tons more we can dig up, as you no doubt already know. Matter of fact, if you tally it up I'd bet money that we can find more "leftist" terrorist acts on US soil than we can "right wing" terrorist acts.
 oddandy
Msg: 78
Somali Pirates
Posted: 4/19/2009 5:53:43 PM
I think if we're going to go by "acts of violence" we could both spend the next 10 years coming up with thousands of examples each. I'm also not impressed by your body count of 7 victims. Just my examples above beat that out. I think I've made my point, however, that your assertion that "right-wing violence is nothing new" was disingenuous because the same can be said of "left-wing violence." You merely chose to give half the story because it fits your agenda to point out the terrorist acts of one side but not the other. It's called "intellectual dishonesty."

You also assume that all anti-abortionists are "right-wingers," which I believe is false. Many Catholics, for example, tend to be left-wingers.
 oddandy
Msg: 79
Somali Pirates
Posted: 4/19/2009 6:04:25 PM
IOW, you're beginning to realize just how large the problem of right-wing violence is compared to left-wing violence, so you'll declare victory and retreat

You're claiming that the far more deadly and damaging left-wing attacks are a small problem compared to abortion clinic bombings? I think that's disingenuous, too.

Opposition to abotion is a right-wing issue. Pro-life is a conservative movement. The violence associated with abortion is right-wing terrorism

So the liberal anti-abortion Catholics don't count, or they just don't figure into your agenda and thus your rhetoric?

EDIT: And yes, I am claiming victory, as my original point was to call you out on the intellectually dishonest statement that "right-wing violence is nothing new" while failing to mention left-wing violence, a topic I think you were probably largely unaware of since you were so eager to see if I could give any examples. And why would you be aware of it? If it's not something bad about the right-wing boogeymen it doesn't seem to hold much interest for you. At least I can call out both sides, as I'm sure you've seen. As my bumper sticker says, "The Right is Wrong and the Left is Stupid." :smile:

oddandy
Msg: 80
Somali Pirates
Posted: 4/19/2009 6:19:39 PM

No, you're just making stuff up and putting the words in my mouth. What I said (which you quoted) was what I meant: "IOW, you're beginning to realize just how large the problem of right-wing violence is compared to left-wing violence"

I didn't limit it to anti-abortion violence. You just made that up out of thin air.

Actually the only examples you've given of right-wing violence were abortion clinic bombing, but OK:
You're claiming that the far more deadly and damaging left-wing attacks are a small problem compared to right-wing violence? I think that's disingenuous, too.

Better?

As for your "let me know when you get to 6000" comment, what does that mean? That the left-wing bombings and killings are somehow not as bad because there have been less? Before you accuse me of putting words in your mouth, I'm just trying to understand why you think the NUMBER of attacks (since you brought it up) is important?

Again, you're just making stuff up. Name one of these mythical catholics who not only are liberal *and* anti-abortion but who also commited an act of violence against an abortion clinic.

Or just admit you made it up

Now you're putting words in MY mouth. I don't know if any of the abortion clinic bombers were or were not liberal Catholics (I'd be surprised if not one of them were,) I was responding to your false assertion that "pro-life is a conservative issue." There are no doubt millions of liberal Catholics and others who would disagree with you (or say that you "made it up")
 raxarsr
Msg: 81
view profile
History
Somali Pirates
Posted: 4/19/2009 8:51:37 PM
nobushlover?..........you want 6000 acts of violence?.........well.....in all those abortion clinics.......i'm sure the violnt acts against the unborn total well over that
 edmonfella
Msg: 82
Somali Pirates
Posted: 4/19/2009 9:14:50 PM

nobushlover?..........you want 6000 acts of violence?.........well.....in all those abortion clinics.......i'm sure the violnt acts against the unborn total well over that

Lets not even get into that... it has nothing to do with the topic at hand.
 ManFromMesa
Msg: 83
Somali Pirates
Posted: 4/19/2009 9:29:21 PM
I thought we are talking about Somali pirates,love to talk more about the pirate problem .
 bigshrek
Msg: 84
Somali Pirates
Posted: 4/20/2009 2:03:38 AM

Look, we're talking about PIRATES here. So Nobush, STICK TO THE SUBJECT AT HAND and quit trying to hijack the forum, much like a Somali Pirate would hijack a ship.

But I DO find it amusing that everyone forgets the left-wing groups that were responsible for hundreds of thousands of left-wing violent acts...just the Black Panthers ALONE were responsible for more than 6.000 violent acts, including the murder of Malcolm X. The 60's, 70's & 80's were RIFE with such examples, break out a history book, eh?

NOW BACK TO OUR REGULARLY SCHEDULED DEBATE ON PIRATES!!
 Got Trance
Msg: 85
Somali Pirates
Posted: 4/20/2009 7:36:34 AM
NAIROBI, Kenya — Somali pirates attacked a Maltese flagged-ship before dawn Monday with rocket-propelled grenades, but the ship escaped unharmed, a NATO spokesman said.
Damn pirates are still at it.
Are there any laws that state the ships crew can not be armed? Perhaps there is just a company policy about weapons being onboard. Either way, I think they should carry weapons in a locked safe.
 ManFromMesa
Msg: 86
Somali Pirates
Posted: 4/20/2009 7:43:47 AM
Good god cant we have him (NoBushLover) removed for threadnapping is this man a pirate,this has nothing to do with the thread I have been twice banned for five days for accidentally being in a thread not from my area,an area specific thread Australia and Georgia.and as for the other guy,"give then a virus to take back to there momma" couldn't possibly be more racist and its not your first foul comment either you talk of total extermination just as if all there are rats.Wanna talk a bit more human ONLY IF ITS ABOUT PIRATES.

THIS IS A PIRATE THREAD.STOP ACTING LIKE A PIRATE AND STEALING THE THREAD. ARRRRRRRGGGGHHHHHHH now get me a rum matey.
 oddandy
Msg: 87
Somali Pirates
Posted: 4/20/2009 7:47:21 AM
When a liberal supports a conservative position, it doesn't make the position liberal.

Likewise, when racist nutjobs like the Christian Identity support a conservative position it does not make their position "conservative." When violent terrorists support a conservative position that does not make them conservative. It works both ways. That's a point I was trying to make several posts back... single-issue extremists can't fairly be categorized as "left-wing" or "right-wing" just because their single-issue happens to fall along those lines.

The basis for opposition to abortion is rooted in the conservative respect for (religious) authority and traditional values. There is nothing liberal about opposing abortion.

No, the basis for opposition to abortion is rooted in the belief that life begins at conception, and thus that abortion is murder. No I don't know how many liberal Catholics there are in the world (I'm sure we could do some googling and get a rough estimate) but I assure you that by nature of their faith they are anti-abortion and many of them "liberal." It's called "liberation theology," something I know you can google and get tons of info on.
 Got Trance
Msg: 88
Somali Pirates
Posted: 4/20/2009 7:53:31 AM
oddandy,
You and nobush have a good thing going. It would be read by many more if you would start a thread about it.
 Gangster Kitten
Msg: 89
Somali Pirates
Posted: 4/20/2009 8:01:00 AM

Actually the only examples you've given of right-wing violence were abortion clinic bombing, but OK:

OK, you want some other examples? Here you go:
http://www.adl.org/learn/ext_us/Christian_Identity.asp?LEARN_Cat=Extremism&LEARN_SubCat=Extremism_in_America&xpicked=4&item=Christian_ID

Christian Identity's racist and apocalyptic qualities helped lead to several well-known incidents of domestic terrorism during the past quarter century. In North Dakota in 1983, Gordon Kahl demonstrated how radical Identity adherents could be when he killed two U.S. Marshals who had come to arrest him for a parole violation (a mourner at one funeral was Assistant Attorney General Rudolph W. Giuliani, later to become all too familiar with such funerals). A four-month manhunt ended in another shootout in Arkansas, where Kahl killed a local sheriff before he himself was killed.

That same year, the white supremacist terrorist group known as The Order began its series of armed robberies (to which it would add additional crimes ranging from counterfeiting to assassination). Several members of the gang were Christian Identity, including David Tate, who in 1985 killed a Missouri State Highway Patrol officer attempting to reach an Identity survivalist compound called the Covenant, the Sword, and the Arm of the Lord (CSA). An ensuing standoff resulted in the demise of the CSA and the arrest of its leadership. During the 1980s, several Identity groups attempted to follow in the footsteps of The Order, including The Order II and the Arizona Patriots, who committed bombings and an attempted armored car robbery, respectively.

In the 1990s, Identity criminal activity continued apace, including efforts by an Oklahoma Identity minister, Willie Ray Lampley, to commit a series of bombings in the summer of 1995 in the wake of the Oklahoma City bombing by Timothy McVeigh. The following year, the Montana Freemen, whose leaders were Identity, made headlines for their "paper terrorism" tactics and their 81-day standoff with the federal government. In 1998, Eric Rudolph, who had been associated with Identity ministers such as Nord Davis and Dan Gayman, became a fugitive after allegedly bombing gay bars, the Atlanta Summer Olympics, and an abortion clinic. The following year, Buford Furrow, a former Aryan Nations security guard, went on a shooting spree at a Jewish Community Center in Los Angeles, wounding four children and an adult, and later killing a Filipino-American postal worker.

As for your "let me know when you get to 6000" comment, what does that mean?

It shows that right wing violence is a much bigger and far more deadlier threat than the relatively insignificant level of violence from the left.

I was responding to your false assertion that "pro-life is a conservative issue." There are no doubt millions of liberal Catholics and others who would disagree with you

For one, I doubt your numbers. Do you have any documentation for that claim?

Secondly, the pro-life movement is a right wing movement and opposition to abortion is a conservative issue. When a liberal supports a conservative position, it doesn't make the position liberal.

The basis for opposition to abortion is rooted in the conservative respect for (religious) authority and traditional values. There is nothing liberal about opposing abortion

Stop derailing the subject. Your entire argument is invalid because this is not a topic of abortion, it's a thread about somali pirates. Stop using threads not related to abortion as a soapbox; post in the abortion thread.
 ManFromMesa
Msg: 90
Somali Pirates
Posted: 4/20/2009 10:17:26 AM

Why is it that some call whatever comments they deem politically incorrect ,“racist”? His comment is not racist; he sees the Somalis as a plague
what exactly is not racist about extermination of all,he speaks not of just the soldiers but all,sounds more than politically incorrect and if you agree with this language your the same.please read his exact words.

They are cheap, abundant and regenerating. ~

It will be a ongoing fight to the death with these people until they are radicated, wipe-out.

Like roaches ~ the war will be ongoing with many battles. ~ That will be no peace in our lifetime or our children's. We must only keep spraying and treating infested areas.

Never really getting rid of the roach.

Sterlization one serious option.

If it was up to me ~ they'd be shot on sight once their intentions know or gathered up and infected with a sterilizing contagious virus and released to go home to mama.
Sure we are mad at them,but like Hiroshimo and the 2 other places we leveled,we had the Japanese army attack Pearl Harbor so rather than attack the soldiers we go and level 3 cities killing every man,woman,child,dog,cat,everything.The regular people have nothing to do with what the army is doing and in this case Warlords,it does not mean you give the pirates a contagious disease and send them home to infect their mothers,children,neighbors on purpose with the intention of genocide .Everyone in that country is not bad.I stand by thought.
 2findU
Msg: 91
view profile
History
Somali Pirates
Posted: 4/20/2009 10:40:43 AM
Seems to be the only occupation with any job security where you can make lots of money.

Anyway, don't pay the ransom. just kill all the **stards. Shiver me timbers. Frankly the various Navy's of the world should hunt them down. The pirate mother ships are stolen vessels to begin with. They should take the ships back and return them to their rightful owners or sink them with all the pirates on board if they can't retrieve the ships.
 ManFromMesa
Msg: 92
Somali Pirates
Posted: 4/20/2009 11:38:17 AM
I see your opinion towards the good regular innocent citizen of Japan is no better than your view of the regular innocent citizen of Somali.Its easier to kill everyone,man,woman or child and baby rather than go after the men whom are fighting you,the soldier ,the warlord or the pirate.God thats sick and to you its a sign of weakness to not blanket kill to show what we are made of,well thats one of those times my country embarrassed me and I am very ashamed we annihilated every living being and to me your view is a sign of extreme hatred and cowardliness not strength, anyone can drop a bomb and level a city thats not how a democrocy is to function,man must have a conscience or your no better than a wild animal,rather than fight the ones that are wrong do the genocide instead.

This is exactly why Bush ruined our standing with the world when he did stuff like remove representation and allowed torture,and blankly said your with us or against us,there was no neutral position offered.

Obama,I do not think will treat this pirate situation in a form of genocide and he knows the world is watching and they are still nervous of us from Bush. Obama will not level Somali.He will go after only those that harm us not the country.
 Thatguy67
Msg: 93
view profile
History
Somali Pirates
Posted: 4/20/2009 12:21:23 PM

After dropping the H bomb on Nagasocki one day and Heroshima the next day ~ Japan still refused to surrender. ~

What finally changed Japans mind ~ was a day later ~ The US mutered every plane they could get to fiy ~ and did a fly-over Japan. ~ some 200 + planes filled the sky.

Before they could return and land ~ Japan had surrendered.

Plus it was the A-bomb. The H-bomb (hydrogen bomb) wasn't dropped until about 1952.
 ManFromMesa
Msg: 94
Somali Pirates
Posted: 4/20/2009 12:29:47 PM

If it was up to me ~ they'd be shot on sight once their intentions know or gathered up and infected with a sterilizing contagious virus and released to go home to mama.

gathered up and infected with a sterilizing contagious virus and released to go home to mama.Choose your words better thats genocide,oh and your facts on Japan are incorrect.

And what is my solution to the pirates since you said I gave none,my message #170 and #176 already addressed that,I am not going to repeat everything I write.
 ManFromMesa
Msg: 95
Somali Pirates
Posted: 4/20/2009 12:55:04 PM
p.s. you thinking its ok the level 2 large cities on purpose eliminate anything breathing is genocide,someone correct me if wrong it might just mean mass muder on the grandest scale............ hmmmm whats the difference.

Heres what the dictionary says

The atomic bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki were nuclear attacks near the end of World War II against the Empire of Japan by the United States at the executive order of U.S. President Harry S. Truman on August 6 and 9, 1945, respectively. After six months of intense fire-bombing of 67 other Japanese cities, the nuclear weapon "Little Boy" was dropped on the city of Hiroshima on Monday,[1] August 6, 1945, [2] followed on August 9 by the detonation of the "Fat Man" nuclear bomb over Nagasaki. These are to date the only attacks with nuclear weapons in the history of warfare.[3]

The bombs killed as many as 140,000 people in Hiroshima and 80,000 in Nagasaki by the end of 1945,[4] roughly half on the days of the bombings. Amongst these, 15 to 20% died from injuries or illness attributed to radiation poisoning[5]. Since then, more have died from leukemia (231 observed) and solid cancers (334 observed) attributed to exposure to radiation released by the bombs[6]. In both cities, the overwhelming majority of the dead were civilians.[7][8][9]

Six days after the detonation over Nagasaki, on August 15, Japan announced its surrender to the Allied Powers, signing the Instrument of Surrender on September 2, officially ending the Pacific War and therefore World War II. (Germany had signed its unavoidable[2] Instrument of Surrender on May 7, ending the war in Europe.) The bombings led, in part, to post-war Japan adopting Three Non-Nuclear Principles, forbidding that nation from nuclear armament.[10]

I do not want to see anything like this happen to the Pirates country,get the pirates when they are on the sea in a attack,don't get their country.
 oddandy
Msg: 96
Somali Pirates
Posted: 4/20/2009 1:37:09 PM

The animalistic, barbaric behavior of the Somalis during this event was on newsreels………the factual reporting including the news films of this brutal event exceeded that depicted in the movie.

No, the barbaric behavior of SOME Samalis during this event was on newsreels. You can't judge the entire population of a country based upon the barbaric actions of some of it's inhabitants.

Pray nobody judges this country that way.
 Got Trance
Msg: 97
Somali Pirates
Posted: 4/20/2009 1:41:36 PM

You can't judge the entire population of a country based upon the barbaric actions of some of it's inhabitants. Pray nobody judges this country that way.

But they do.
 ManFromMesa
Msg: 98
Somali Pirates
Posted: 4/20/2009 2:21:08 PM
Oh gosh pardon me for using the incorrect term on someone that thinks its cool to give a contagious desease to bring back to their village it hopes your end further offspring as if they are rats,Thats what Hitler would have done,guess now that we learned the term racist is a incorrect term everything is peachy .

Yes exterminating everyone is barbaric,your views on extermination are barbaric.Lets say your the opposite of a trained sniper,one bullet one kill,sure they could just give the sniper an atom bomb but that would be barbaric.

When a security contractor shields a trucker from harms way as the trucker drives one end of town to the other,the security contractor shoots only at who is shooting at them,they don't shoot at homes and buildings as they drive,that would be barbaric.

We need to protect the ships in the water from pirates,we need to shoot at them when they are shooting or aiming there weapons at us,there is nothing wrong with protecting what you own or being hired to protect what your ship owns, but no further.

The only reason they are doing this is because its so easy and they have almost no risk,this would make a world of difference.

Atleast we know where we all stand on this,each divided side has fought there point and as usual no one changes there opinion.We all knew that though,no surprise here.

Enough of your humanitarian protest ~ and offer us other options ~

you can keep asking this but like I already said twice,I answered that on thread #170 and 176 its this your turn to read it rather than ask the question again for a third time.

I guess now I will receive a definition of a barbarian .
 oddandy
Msg: 99
Somali Pirates
Posted: 4/20/2009 2:28:38 PM

These people are in defiance ~ "Defiance" ~~ "Defiance" ~ Defiance" understand? If they stay home they could be ignored ~ but they are playing in open seas traffic now.

No, Dance...SOME of them are. The entire nation of Somalia is not out there playing pirate.

I'm all for killing the pirates on sight, whether they fire first or not, but the calls to level the country, blow up entire cities, etc, are just over the top. Not to mention that such acts take otherwise uninterested parties and convert them into combatants.

If someone levelled your town and killed your innocent loved ones would you not be motivated to take up arms against them?

Kill the rats, don't create more.
 ManFromMesa
Msg: 100
Somali Pirates
Posted: 4/20/2009 3:00:36 PM
Every time they ever show these pirates they're in small inflatables or maybe a 24 foot open wooden boat,armed with AK47s and maybe a RPG ,I cannot imagine an easier foe to repel,thats why I gave the 7mm hunting rifle example because it is that easy,there are only 5 to 8 of them,like shooting ducks in a pond.Why there is any need to go to their mothers house is beyond me.We need to repel the pirates not attack their city.

See you got to used to Senior Bush flying over and dropping thousands of bombs in Kuwait 24 hours a day,this isn't like that,this is pretty simple stuff,besides your talking army we're talking shipping companies adding well armed highly skilled security to their vessel,its non military,they're protecting themselves not attacking a country.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Somali Pirates