Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Do you do drugs???      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Super Ryan
Msg: 226
Do you do drugs???Page 10 of 18    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18)
People may have several reasons for not answering the question about drug use (if you do not touch it, it will say no).
The internet is excessible to everyone, including family, friends and employers. Many people would not want members of the groups mentioned to know about their drug use.

But here is the best reason.
In Canada and the U.S., we have the right to not incriminate ourselves.

Personally I don't think the question should be on anyones profiles. No other criminal act is questioned, and there is no section for STDs (I think I would rather date a pothead, then a person with herpes), so why even have the drug use question.

And the question leaves lots of room for questioning. A person might see their heroine use as "occasional", while a once a week pot user might claim often.
 Cyke
Msg: 227
view profile
History
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 8/17/2009 12:41:02 PM

But here is the best reason.
In Canada and the U.S., we have the right to not incriminate ourselves.

Personally I don't think the question should be on anyones profiles. No other criminal act is questioned, and there is no section for STDs (I think I would rather date a pothead, then a person with herpes), so why even have the drug use question.

Excellent points Ryan, maybe we should petition POF to remove the stupid drug question.
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 228
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 8/17/2009 12:50:34 PM

The fact is I'm not for or against pot. I've never tried it, but then again I'm allergic.

How do you know your allergic if you've never tried it? Just curious because I don't recall THC being a skin test when testing for allergies.

~OT~ I appreciate those who are honest about whether they use drungs early on. Whether that be via their profile in some cryptic numberical format or via an email or phone call prior to meeting. I'm NOT 420 friendly and that is not subject to change. JMO
 spider43 2.0
Msg: 229
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 8/17/2009 12:57:20 PM
Well if you really want to talk legalities then you have to admit there is a legal limit on alchohol and it's use has many restrictions on how much and where and age.

To give you some clues you may want to look into lenny bruce, a stand up comedian from way back that was the first to really lift the veil on how and why it became illegal in the first place.

Those of you are acting like sheep take note. G Bush was quoted during his tenure as saying that if you smoke pot you are contributing to terrorism, this during a speech about troup in afghanistan. The country doesn't grow pot but is known for poppies that make heroin.
Watch a documentary called aka tommy chong. During the 911 incident a plane went down in penn. a young woman there came to be the youngest att. gen. in us history, her first big idea to shut down drugs was to bust those that made pipes.
Through an entrapment scheme the dea manged to gather enough evidence to arrest him and sentence him to nine months in a minimum security prison.
When you read the hows and why's of the case they were upset that he made his living extoling the use of pot. He was basically thrown in jail for making a comedy movie.
This does not only demonstrate how useless the war on drugs has become but violated the first ammendment of the constitution.
When they arrested him they sent in an army of people from four different levels of law inforcement to his house and his legally operated business.

He has served his time but America has taken a giant step in the direction of becomming a facist state.

Google marijuana tax stamp and have a read.
Google prohibition and have a read.

To even list names of those that are very respected citizens who partake or are crusading to change these laws would make your head spin.
You would be interested to know that Obama has also put this on his agenda and is seeing just how much of a waste of time and money has been wasted.

With any luck you may realize the sheer silliness of this in that just today they blamed the raging forest fires in california on pot growers, talk about media spinning.

Soon we will all be learning newspeak, some of you seem to be ready.
 Cyke
Msg: 230
view profile
History
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 8/17/2009 12:59:49 PM

Once again, alcohol is only destructive when abused. Same for marijuana. Same for sugar. Same for tylenol. Thought I cleared that up already.

You didn't clear anything up, you only stated your opinion which is mislead. Alcohol is indeed destructive even when used in moderation. Even a glass of wine a day has been connected with greatly increased risk of certain forms of cancer.

People don't smoke pot and then become aggressive. They also don't lose all of their inhibitions and do things they wouldn't normally consider doing. They don't lose all coordination and kill thousands of people on the roads. Etc etc. They have been known to do lots of damage to oreo cookies though.
 SaharaM
Msg: 231
view profile
History
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 8/17/2009 1:19:57 PM
^^This is faulty logic.

Pot smokers repeatedly compare pot use to something that they find to be "worse." And the point... is irrelevant to the topic 99% of the time. As it is here.
 SaharaM
Msg: 232
view profile
History
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 8/17/2009 1:20:56 PM
sorry duplicate post.
 Carolinalilly
Msg: 233
view profile
History
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 8/17/2009 1:21:42 PM
I do drugs, I smoke pot and drink alcohol. Does that make me a criminal? I guess so, but I haven't been caught/charged, so I guess I am no more of a criminal than those who speed on the highway, or those who cheat on their taxes.
Here in BC, Canada, not many people really care about pot smokers, we don't really get in anybodies way, most users are not violent. I am sure that alcohol has much greater public risks than the casual pot smokers. Rarely does anyone comment on when someone is smoking pot in public, because it doesn't really affect them unless they are actually standing right next to me while I smoke.
Am I ashamed of my habit? No. Do I admit I am addicted, Yes. Do I think it is a problem, no.
Almost all of the people I deal with in business, clients/contacts, know that I smoke pot and don't care, because I am a functioning member of society, as are 90% of pot smokers here. I am not late for work because of a hangover, I don't sneak a drink here and there, nor do I ever get violent because of my habit.

Give it another 10-20 years and weed will be legal here in BC. As it stands right now, police will only take away your weed and will not even take your name down, it's just not a problem here. A lot has to do with the social tolerance and acceptance, rather than the brainwashing I've seen in most other areas, where liquor is accepted but weed is not, which is totally laughable considering the social affects of each substance.
 Cyke
Msg: 234
view profile
History
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 8/17/2009 1:26:05 PM

Pot smokers repeatedly compare pot use to something that they find to be "worse." And the point... is irrelevant to the topic 99% of the time. As it is here.

^^^This is faulty logic actually. What I said is common sense. I don't find alcohol to be worse, anybody with a brain in their head does. Anybody who studies the affects of both with an unbiased point of view does. Even the US government which is obstinately opposed to pot has admitted this. You may not agree and that's your right. I may choose to believe in unicorns and that would be my right as well.
 Cyke
Msg: 235
view profile
History
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 8/17/2009 1:32:49 PM

Give it another 10-20 years and weed will be legal here in BC.

In fact, pot use would already be decriminalized in Canada if it weren't for our anal neighbors to the south and the political pressure that they applied when we tried to do so. Thanks a lot America!
 Carolinalilly
Msg: 236
view profile
History
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 8/17/2009 1:36:33 PM
I think pot is already de-criminalized here, basically you don't get charged for possession of small amounts, only large amounts meant for trafficking.
I know people who grow small amounts of weed and the cops have told them just to keep it small and there will be no problems. If it starts to look like a big grow-op to sell the weed, then they will step in. Power to the BC Bud!
 SaharaM
Msg: 237
view profile
History
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 8/17/2009 1:38:50 PM
This is faulty logic actually. What I said is common sense. I don't find alcohol to be worse, anybody with a brain in their head does. Anybody who studies the affects of both with an unbiased point of view does. Even the US government which is obstinately opposed to pot has admitted this. You may not agree and that's your right. I may choose to believe in unicorns and that would be my right as well.
No one suggested that your opinion was faulty, just your logic. That isn't opinion, that's reality.

If you really want to go there, you're also being intellectually dishonest. But hey... many people take that route when they don't have much to work with other than simply repeating over and over and over what has already been said. Intellectually dishonest... creative... take your choice. ;-)
 Cyke
Msg: 238
view profile
History
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 8/17/2009 1:42:34 PM
Yea ok, whatever saharaM.

I think pot is already de-criminalized here, basically you don't get charged for possession of small amounts, only large amounts meant for trafficking.

Everybody seems to be under that impression Lilly, probably because the decriminalization legislation came so close to passing but I think if you look it up you'll find that it hasn't been decriminalized. Police may choose not to press charges but that's only because they use common sense as far as I know. I know someone here who was busted with a half a joint a couple months ago and got a 150 dollar fine and a criminal record for it.

Edit: I found this online...Marijuana Reform Bill
This bill to reform Canadian marijuana laws was introduced several times by Liberal governments in Canada, but never passed. The Conservative government elected in January 2006 says it does not plan to re-introduce the bill.

So no, it's not decriminalized yet.
 Byrd
Msg: 239
view profile
History
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 8/17/2009 3:32:09 PM
From what I've heard from others on here from Canada you could get less time for murder up there compared to smoking weed..Which is probably what I'd be doing if I was drinking the alcohol..I used to like to fight when I drank.. But now I'm so mellow on my legal medical weed... Read a book called "Sugar Blues" if you don't believe sugar is a drug, open your mind....Cheers!!! Here's some drugs for ya..
 spider43 2.0
Msg: 240
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 8/17/2009 4:18:46 PM
Hazzare I hate arguing with a man who brings a knife to a gun fight. Wake up and smell the buds.
Probably a lot of pot indulgers in prison hazzare and they would most likely beat the crap out of guys like you if you ever tried to speak to them in person. You spew a lot of holier than thou attitude about something that is enjoyed by many.
You do actually live in BC right? Not a lot of friends there huh?

Yuo do realize that it is in the top three cash crops of the province right?
Westernmost province joins Ontario, PEI and Nova Scotia in ending prohibition
On September 4, Provincial Court Judge P Chen made a landmark ruling regarding marijuana laws in British Columbia. In his decision, Judge Chen said parts of the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act (CDSA) are "invalid" and that "there is no offense known to law at this time for simple possession of marijuana" in the province.
Judge Chen's decision was based on a series of court cases in Ontario that led a judge there to strike down marijuana possession laws in January of this year. It all goes back to medpot user Terry Parker's case before the Ontario Court of Appeal (CC Online, Ontario Supreme Court rules in favour of medical pot ) in July, 2000. In the Parker case, Judge Rosenberg ruled the CDSA's pot possession laws unconstitutional, but delayed the section's repeal for one year, giving the government time to change the law.

ast Updated: Friday, July 13, 2007 | 8:46 PM ET
CBC News
A Toronto judge has ruled that Canada's pot possession laws are unconstitutional after a man argued the country's medicinal marijuana regulations are flawed.

Lawyer Brian McAllister says the potential ramifications of a ruling that Canada's pot possession laws are unconstitutional are 'pretty big.'
(CBC)
The 29-year-old Toronto resident had been charged with possession of about 3.5 grams or roughly $45 dollars worth of marijuana.

The man has no medical issues and doesn't want a medical exemption to smoke marijuana. In 2001, Health Canada implemented the Marijuana Medical Access Regulations, which allow access to marijuana to people who are suffering from grave and debilitating illnesses.

In court, the man argued that the federal government only made it policy to provide marijuana to those who need it, but never made it an actual law. Because of that, he argued, all possession laws, whether medicinal or not, should be quashed.

The judge agreed and dismissed the charges.

The only thing keeping as an actual law is that the government has not worked out all the kinks on how to make sure that buyers would only buy it from government sources and not grow their own.
 SaharaM
Msg: 241
view profile
History
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 8/17/2009 4:27:59 PM
^^Careful with those stones in your glass house, there, friend.

Making snide remarks about someone's intellect and then presenting yourself like you've made an airtight argument with this cut-n-paste job is just silly.

The issue is complex and you should really be a bit more respectful to others' contributions.
 Cyke
Msg: 242
view profile
History
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 8/17/2009 4:39:26 PM

you should really be a bit more respectful to others' contributions.

Your brow beating Spider for his 'snide' comments to someone who flat out calls people names in the same thread shows your bias. Quite revealing. Unfairly defend those with views similar to yours much?
 FLmusicdude
Msg: 243
view profile
History
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 8/17/2009 5:37:45 PM

you should really be a bit more respectful to others' contributions.

contributions? what a joke the OP is just another one of those conservative jerks who want to TELL YOU what YOU can do with YOUR BODY. Just see what they say when we try to take away their right to own an assault rifle though. All of a sudden the government is IMPEDING on peoples rights! They sware they are doing the right thing because the law agrees with them. I got news for you, not every law is moral. Yeah thats right, believe it or not, when slavery was legal dude, it was still totally immoral.

Most of the people incarcerated for marijuana possesion, are in there for non-violent crimes where marijuana was found on there person. Most of those people are young or in college. Great, another kid locked up and life ruined all for the war on drugs. No no no, sorry Johnny, you cant smoke THAT particular herb, Oh and those college ambitions you had, forget all about those now because your never going to get federal aid again. Oh yeah and forget about those nifty desk-jobs, I see a nice factory job in your future.

^^ This is what we're doing to our own citizens. Stop thinking of yourself and think of the families your hurting. Don't give me the they're hurting themselves arguement because thats none of your business, you don't care about that family or that kid that goes to jail. You don't even care what got him to start, and your sure don't care about his backround or educational status. Once a person smokes pot, to you they become a dirty lowlife, and THAT my friend is what makes you the scum of the earth. Surely scum doesn't deserve the truth on matters this sensitive which why people hide it, they don't want to argue with willfully ignorant people like you. Keep being a mouthpiece for the war on drugs. I see you guys are making a TON of progress keeping that grass off the streets.

Have a nice day!
 spider43 2.0
Msg: 244
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 8/17/2009 5:58:38 PM
Please saharam, the man clearly has no knowledge of what he professes.
This does get kind of ridiculous when there is no real reason for this herb to be denied legality considering the political farce that got it prohibited in the first place. Trouble is no one here is willing to watch anything I could give them a link to that may open their eyes anyways they would prefer to argue with the intellectual level of a third grader.
I am not saying I believe in grand conspiracies but there many things in all our daily lives that we accept as truth that only those willing to think for themselves can discover they have been mislead.
To argue whether or not it more or less harmful than any other substance that we have allowed our corporations and pharm companies is moot really and unnecessary.

To allow oneself to be manipulated by a biased media doesn't say much for one's intelligence.

I have watched many documentaries and done the research and still cannot see why this is still being argued about.

Lets face it there hasn't been a valid argument posted here that could be seriously taken as a good reason to keep it illegal other than fear.

His cut and paste held more validity than mine? I'll bet good money he never even read the whole article or the entire page from which he got his info from.

And back on topic, If I don't feel like checking any of the boxes on my profile who the hell cares? I don't get my dates from here. IMO for someone to even spend that much time worrying about it needs a hobby.
 FLmusicdude
Msg: 245
view profile
History
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 8/17/2009 5:59:10 PM
Hey hazzare can I ask you something directly? Why do you hate freedom? Why do you want to incarcerate the sick? Do you dislike people who are pro-pot? I see a lot of law reciting in your posts with a dash or two of personal opinion, but I don't think you've mentioned WHY your against pot. Are you that filled with hate that you want peoples lives to be ruined over it? I fail to see your justification for being just, void of any scientific reasoning skills. Could you explain your position rather than giving me the it's illegal so its bad and its bad because it's illegal arguement because thats really like....an ANCIENT way of getting away from an actual debate based on the substance itself.
 SaharaM
Msg: 246
view profile
History
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 8/17/2009 6:01:32 PM
^^You haven't shown yourself to be that interested in actual debate yourself. I would explain what gives you away but I'm quite certain you already know.
 psssst
Msg: 247
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 8/17/2009 6:11:36 PM

I see a lot of law reciting in your posts
Correction, you see him speculating on the laws of different areas, which have been debunked by other posters who have cited the specific sources and government agencies involved in the legal use of marijuana.

Do try to keep up with the topic at hand.
 FLmusicdude
Msg: 248
view profile
History
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 8/17/2009 6:17:58 PM
pssssst you're right, I apologize for not reading the whole 11 pages of this thread before questioning why this guy wants to completely disregard the harm that these laws are cuasing the american people. I apologize. With that said, I still wish to hear HIS opinion on the matter. (the matter being the post a few spots up) Please don't help him dodge the question.
 Cyke
Msg: 249
view profile
History
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 8/17/2009 6:51:26 PM
Oh...it's all so clear now. He's never tried it. No point arguing any further. The only people I've ever met that had such ridiculous views on pot were those that never tried it or tried it once or twice and were scared shitless by their reaction. Thanks for clearing it up.
 edisto
Msg: 250
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 8/17/2009 7:20:28 PM

Also did you know that most patients do not receive adequate pain management because of the stigma attached to pain medication, even if they are straight out of surgery

no I didn't know this, and I don't for one minute believe it-
stigma?
to pain medication?
ahhhhhhhhh, no-

Without demand things like medications cease to exists. So don't just point fingers at pharmaceutical companies and doctors. Those five year olds ended up on the medications because their parents took them to the doctors and gave them the medications

so I should blame the parent
what?
the parent can't demand the medication
and they certainly can't prescribe it
the doctor has to
so yes, I am blaming the doctors
who throw the medication out there like candy
while they enjoy the money
from all those follow ups that the parents will have to bring their child in for-
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Do you do drugs???