Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Do you do drugs???      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 FLmusicdude
Msg: 251
view profile
History
Do you do drugs???Page 11 of 18    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18)
pssssst you're right, I apologize for not reading the whole 11 pages of this thread before questioning why this guy wants to completely disregard the harm that these laws are cuasing the american people. I apologize. With that said, I still wish to hear HIS opinion on the matter. (the matter being the post a few spots up) Please don't help him dodge the question.
 Cyke
Msg: 252
view profile
History
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 8/17/2009 6:51:26 PM
Oh...it's all so clear now. He's never tried it. No point arguing any further. The only people I've ever met that had such ridiculous views on pot were those that never tried it or tried it once or twice and were scared shitless by their reaction. Thanks for clearing it up.
 edisto
Msg: 253
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 8/17/2009 7:20:28 PM

Also did you know that most patients do not receive adequate pain management because of the stigma attached to pain medication, even if they are straight out of surgery

no I didn't know this, and I don't for one minute believe it-
stigma?
to pain medication?
ahhhhhhhhh, no-

Without demand things like medications cease to exists. So don't just point fingers at pharmaceutical companies and doctors. Those five year olds ended up on the medications because their parents took them to the doctors and gave them the medications

so I should blame the parent
what?
the parent can't demand the medication
and they certainly can't prescribe it
the doctor has to
so yes, I am blaming the doctors
who throw the medication out there like candy
while they enjoy the money
from all those follow ups that the parents will have to bring their child in for-
 psssst
Msg: 254
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 8/18/2009 3:55:09 AM
Here we go again…
I'm not speculating. Open up a Criminal Code of Canada which is updated every year and look at s.4 CDSA regarding possession of marijuana. It's layed[sic] out quite clearly.
You keep forgetting that for some people it is legal, yet you continuously lump all marijuana smokers in one group and with disdain: http://www.hc-sc.gc.ca/dhp-mps/marihuana/index-eng.php

Also, I know for FACT that marijuana possession is a federal crime in the US, which trumps any state law.
Here’s another fact which refutes yours: http://www.usdoj.gov/dea/ongoing/calimarijuana.html

Specifically:
In California there is no state regulation or standard of the cultivation and/or distribution medical marijuana. California leaves the establishment of any guidelines to local jurisdictions, which can widely vary. For example, Marin County allows up to six mature plants, and/or a half-pound dried marijuana. It's neighbor, Sonoma County permits possession of three pounds of marijuana, and allows cultivation up to 99 plants, and physicians may recommend more for "exceptional patients."

Please don't help him dodge the question.
If you’ve read the entire thread, then you’ll already have noticed that the OP ignores when anyone refutes his claims with documentation. No one can persuade or dissuade the OP from anything. He’s quite fanatical about this topic to the point of spouting insults and embarrassing respected Canadian institutions.
 spider43 2.0
Msg: 255
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 8/18/2009 4:52:03 AM
I think it sad that people will defend the op, he does not approach the subject with any willingness to learn anything or give the impression of respecting anothers viewpoint. I can allow him to believe he is right, he does not affect my life.

What does is the hipocracy that someone could literally have alchohol in their stsem 24 hours a day and because that is legal it is okay. But far too often having had to work with people like that who can barely function because they are hungover and you need a pig shocker to get them to get motivated in the morning is pathetic.

In my work experience I was called upon to maintain a high level of energy and atmosphere of fun. I am not ashamed to admit that smoking a little herb made that so much easier and helped churn my creative juices thus resulting in success at my job.
BUT even I would lambaste someone who chose to get so wasted that it would affect their performance. I have been in positions of management and had no problem diciplining someone who stepped over the stupid line.

Many cultures have used mind expanding drugs to further their understanding of the world around them and many great works of art or song or literature have been produced in the same manner. It makes no sense that some here have appreciated these works but are unaware of this fact and preach from some pulpit.
Perhaps it a kind of jealousy that they are unable to soar like these artists who have managed to reach outside of the box, who knows.
The idea that anyone who smokes automatically turns into cheech and chong is extremely close minded and my impression is that is how the op feels. It also seems to think it gives him some god given right to belittle those who think differently without repercussion for those actions.
I imagine if he had his way he would form some new version of the spanish inquisition or christian crusades and kill all indulgers on sight in the name of god.
It was wrong then and is certainly not a place where I would like to live would anyone? By defending him and his viewpoint you are pretty much saying so.
He is demonstrating a clear lack of critical thinking and doesn't deserve my or anyone else's respect. I see a fearful little man.
 SaharaM
Msg: 256
view profile
History
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 8/18/2009 5:09:17 AM
The above post is an excellent example of why pot will never be legal in the US. Advocates are generally more interested in extolling the benefits and attacking those who disagree instead of making any coherent argument as to why it should actually be legalized. What diatribes like the above say in a long, roundabout way is, "I don't like the rule so I'm not going to follow it, and if you think I'm wrong you're small-minded." It's kind of a pathetic approach. There have been some attempts at legally-sound arguments but nothing particularly of note. And most of the nonsense is simply like the above.

It also seems to think it gives him some god given right to belittle those who think differently without repercussion for those actions.
Here is a perfect example of hypocrisy (in the same post that the writer begins by calling someone else out on "hipocracy.") Perhaps he justifies his actions with a "you started it" ideology... who knows. But he certainly has a pot/kettle situation going on. It should also probably be pointed out that his scolding (or "repercussion" as he terms it) is not of any importance to those who understand that differing opinions are a good thing. One day maturity will hopefully bring him to that realization.

spider43 2.0
Msg: 257
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 8/18/2009 5:18:26 AM
Do you actually know how it became illegal or are you just another close minded a hole like the op. If you could really come up with something more than its , its bad I could almost respect you but seems you can't.
I don't live in your country anyway but my country keeps it illegal for political reasons and corporate pressures.
Be a sheep it suits you.

Voting for women, blacks, jews was illegal at one time also. It was through an expansion and a belief that this was wrong that got it changed.
Your whole constitution is based on fighting for what you believe in and fighting for change. Read some history from the likes of benjamin franklin and such who extolled the virtues of fighting and changing things that are unjust.
Up until two years ago it was legal to spray pesticides pretty much everywhere thus affecting many things it was protest and fighting for their beliefs that got it changed.
I feel that this an unjust law, you haven't demonstrated that you even know why it is illegal. What a moron you are coming off as.

You know sahara, taking a look at your posting history clearly show you have a distinct habit of not actually expressing any original thoughts of your own.
You do demonstrate a clear mastery of cutting and pasting though, is that what you got your phd in? Not a single post you have made in any thread you have participated in shows any free will of your own. You are good onl;y at pointing out what you believe are inconsistancies of others. Like I said before be a sheep you seem to be very good at it. BAAAAAAA!!!!!!!
 SaharaM
Msg: 258
view profile
History
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 8/18/2009 5:34:08 AM
If you could really come up with something more than its , its bas I could almost respect you but seems you can't.
Sweetie, I didn't say it was "bas." You don't seem to even be reading the posts you pretend to respond to. Your anger is getting the better of you. By the way, I don't think anyone is looking for your respect. It would almost be embarrassing to have it.

Your whole constitution is based on fighting for what you believe in and fighting for change. Read some history from the likes of benjamin franklin and such who extolled the virtues of fighting and changing things that are unjust.
Darlin, no one suggested otherwise. I simply said that the arguments made have been much like the nonsense you write... and that is simply not going to create the desired result. Again, reading what you are responding to would serve you well.

I feel that this an unjust law, you haven't demonstrated that you even know why it is illegal. What a moron you are coming off as.
Well, the reason that pot is illegal was not the issue I was addressing, nor is it the issue on the thread. That is called staying on point. Putting someone down because they don't say what you want them to say is kind of an odd choice.

What a moron you are coming off as.
I love irony.

You know sahara, taking a look at your posting history clearly show you have a distinct habit of not actually expressing any original thoughts of your own.
You do demonstrate a clear mastery of cutting and pasting though, is that what you got your phd in? Not a single post you have made in any thread you have participated in shows any free will of your own. You are good onl;y at pointing out what you believe are inconsistancies of others. Like I said before be a sheep you seem to be very good at it. BAAAAAAA!!!!!!!
Nothing like a good personal attack to show that one has run out of on-topic thoughts. Hopefully you will re-energize and be able to rejoin the discussion soon! :-)
 spider43 2.0
Msg: 259
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 8/18/2009 5:37:14 AM
BAAAA!!!!!!!
What have you added to this topic desert girl? Nothing.
I see you wish to further demonstrate your skills of cutting and pasting. Well done.

I will ask you just once since you are tracking this thread.

Why is MJ illegal? If you can't then it just proves my point that you are nothing more than a troll.
 SaharaM
Msg: 260
view profile
History
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 8/18/2009 5:47:39 AM
For someone who pretends to be dismissive of what I have to say, you're awfully focused on me.

If you can't then it just proves my point that you are nothing more than a troll.
Actually that is faulty logic. I'm pretty sure you understand the concept, so I will challenge you to be a bit firmer with your arguments.

...Go!

Ok, now, as you prattle on be advised that I don't actually believe you capable of understanding faulty logic or anything else. SO... back on topic. (You are SO easy to lead astray, which is ironic, given your sheep noises of late.)

Spidey, you will receive more attention when you focus on the topic of the thread. If you would like to create a relevant thread about the legalization of marijuana, I would be happy to join you, as I am coming to enjoy your ranting and raving. It's comical. Unfortunately you have chosen an inappropriate forum for that. Thanks for reminding me with the "troll" comment. Keep in mind that disagreeing with you and refusing to meet your demands is not "trolling." It is simply a dismissal of you.

NOW: To get back on track, my spidey friend, kudos to you for answering the drug question honestly on your profile and for not feeling obliged to address the issue in the text of your profile. :-) Thumbs up.
 spider43 2.0
Msg: 261
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 8/18/2009 6:55:43 AM
Troll troll troll troll troll troll troll trollTroll troll troll troll troll troll troll trollTroll troll troll troll troll troll troll trollTroll troll troll troll troll troll troll trollTroll troll troll troll troll troll troll trollTroll troll troll troll troll troll troll trollTroll troll troll troll troll troll troll trollTroll troll troll troll troll troll troll trollTroll troll troll troll troll troll troll trollTroll troll troll troll troll troll troll trollTroll troll troll troll troll troll troll trollTroll troll troll troll troll troll troll trollTroll troll troll troll troll troll troll trol

lCoffee is the most widely used psychotropic beverage in the world. In 1999 the average consumption of coffee was 3.5 cups per day per U.S. citizen.[1]

Had your drud today sahara? I notice you haven't clicked yes on yours. Hipocrate.
Troll troll troll troll
 xzanthius
Msg: 262
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 8/18/2009 9:39:08 AM
Television ruins lives... it should be made illegal.
Credit cards ruin lives... they should be made illegal.
Video Games ruin lives... they should be made illegal.
Car accidents ruin lives... cars should be made illegal.
Fires ruin lives... we should go back to the stone age.
Plenty of Fish Forums ruin lives... they should be made illegal...

Should I go on?

The world is not safer due to drug laws... just look at prohabition and what it did... it created a criminal class! Whoohoo! That's just what we need more outlaws!

It's amazing how people that self proclaim to be "chill", "cool", relaxed, and non-aggressive can turn into raving lunatics so quickly.

Fvck the history of weed; it's all crap.

What is it with people? I believe that the 'potheads' of the world have reason to be upset they could be carted off to jail for their passtime. What's your excuse?
 Cyke
Msg: 263
view profile
History
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 8/18/2009 10:09:44 AM
Wow hazard, you sure do have some silly ideas. I'm assuming you get a lot of strange looks from people when you spout off your reefer madness views? Or maybe you only do this kind of thing in internet forums where you can be anonymous. Potheads are a disease to society. Threat to the established order. Next potheads will be responsible for all wars and disease and famine. Oh my...you crack me up.
 Cyke
Msg: 264
view profile
History
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 8/18/2009 11:05:07 AM
Typical. You are a laugh. I'm detecting some small dog syndrome here. If you think I'll be offended by your trying to critique my profile you're sadly mistaken. I would have to think that you had even one clue to care what you thought. I'm searching my thoughts....no, don't care what you think. I doubt very many people do. You're foaming at the mouth ranting and raving is pretty comical though. Keep up the insults too then nobody here will have to listen to you anymore.
 spider43 2.0
Msg: 265
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 8/18/2009 11:35:57 AM
Well op the question that is posed on the profile questionaire is do you do drugs. It says nothing about whether or not they are referring to illegal substances therefore it is your assumption that it is about weed. And we all know what they say about assuming things but we've pretty much summed up what you are.
You are the one who has started three different threads about this particular subject, my favorite is the one where the first girl that had ever shown enough interest to actually meet you (my guess was she lost a bet) decided to smoke one in your car.
Only an idiot would be so desparate to rush meeting someone without at least covering the bases and seeing if you were somewhat compatible. Didn't score that night and my further feelings are you are getting anything these days other than spam or hate mail.

To sahara if we are to go with the topic I do straight out call you a hipocrate for not clicking yes on your prolfile, for it asking a fairly simple question of do you do drugs.
If you wish to deny what drugs are because I'm not all edumicated like yourself then you madam are indeed a fool. Such a waste of a phd to show your intellectual prowess here among the heathens, your mother must be proud.
Clicked on an ad for the university of pheonix, there having a two for one sale on degrees I'm planning on majoring in cutting and pasting and getting my doctorate in being a sheep dog. woof woof
 xzanthius
Msg: 266
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 8/18/2009 1:55:02 PM

Please tell me you are not an addiction counsellor that smokes dope. Hypocrit.

Did I say that I smoke pot? No... so don't go assuming things and lay off the personal attacks... learn to debate instead.

Threat to the established order? Not such a bad thing. (are you telling me that the established order is perfect?)

I never said pot was a harmless substance. I deal with plenty of pot addicts in my line of work. What I said was that having it illegal does nothing to help anyone.

There is more than one side to every issue.

Pros and Cons of Having Pot Illegal

Pros: Please fill in the blank.

Cons: Creates a criminal class. Creates a stigma where people do not get help. Loss of money from black market transactions. Permanently tarnishes the record of many young people who normally would never have become criminals and are now brought into this world through jail. Makes it cool to want to f--- the state. (creates that very rebelious spirit that you dislike so much)

A good example is Holland where pot is legal and has been for a long time. The Dutch people generally do not overuse the substance. Of course Holland has other problems stemming from foreigners coming there solely for the pot.
 Onlyluvcando
Msg: 267
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 8/18/2009 4:00:28 PM
Thou shalt always offer thine spliff to thine neighbour. Thou shalt make sure that all thine neighbors are offered it in turn and pass it back,

I've dated a few men from this site, and they finally admitted to be 420 friendly !!

anything in moderation if fine !!

ArizonaLP
Msg: 268
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 8/19/2009 8:52:38 AM
I just want to advise everyone on here that their messages can be seen on google with their pictures. Their IP addresses can be requested by a judge. And yes, I know police officers who use facebook and other sites to look for "criminals" to bust. Much easier than going after dangerous ones in the field.

And most important:
Dispite "Innocent until proven guilty", in most courts, simply confessing is enough evidence to convict you. I watched a court totally regulate some marijuana smokers just the other day. One had $1000 in fines to pay.
 spider43 2.0
Msg: 269
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 8/19/2009 9:28:07 AM
I smoke pot,I smoke pot,I smoke pot,I smoke pot,I smoke pot,I smoke pot,I smoke pot,I smoke pot,I smoke pot,I smoke pot,I smoke pot,

To the above poster, would be willing to state something that you do that is illegal? Are you that brave?
It is astounding that you would think someone would go as far as that to bust someone. Must be an American mindset.
Mister Phelps comes to mind, all American hero but so amazingly torn apart for a photograph? All people should be thankful we don't live in a 1984 scenario.
There are very, very few of us that could boast that we have not bent or broken some law, be it speeding or fibbing on our taxes or sneaking that extra item through customs.
If we allow that type of thing to continue we will be sliding down a very slippery slope.
 wudger
Msg: 270
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 8/19/2009 5:44:09 PM
most addicts knew this was true to begin with. I never understood the methadone theory

LA TIMES TODAY

Let them take heroin, study says

August 19, 2009 | 2:00 pm

To improve the chances that hard-core heroin addicts will stick with their treatment for opioid dependence and forgo the use of illicit drugs, they should take … heroin.

That’s the controversial conclusion of a study being published in Thursday’s edition of the New England Journal of Medicine.

Heroin The study focused on addicts who took heroin for at least five years and had already failed two attempts at treatment. One of those attempts had to involve methadone, which helps manage heroin cravings and blocks the drug’s euphoric effects.

The goal wasn’t necessarily to get study participants to stop using heroin altogether, but to turn their addiction into a manageable fact of life instead of a source of high-risk, illegal and/or anti-social behavior.

Canadian researchers randomly assigned 115 addicts in Vancouver and Montreal to receive diacetylmorphine – the active ingredient in heroin – and 111 others to a control group that got standard methadone treatment. Those who took diacetylmorphine injected themselves up to three times a day in treatment clinics with medical supervision. Then they had to remain in the clinic for 30 minutes so they could be monitored for overdoses, seizures and other serious problems.

Overall, the addicts who took diacetylmorphine did better than the ones who took methadone.

After one year, 88% of those in the diacetylmorphine group were still in treatment, compared with 54% in the methadone group. They were also more likely to curb their illegal behavior – including use of illicit drugs – by a margin of 67% to 48%.

Patients treated with diacetylmorphine also saw bigger reductions in their illicit heroin use. They had taken the drug for an average of 26.6 days in the month before the study started, and that number fell to 5.3 days by the end of the study. In the methadone group, illicit heroin use fell from an average of 27.4 days per month to 12.0 days per month during the course of the study.

The researchers also reported that addicts who were treated with diacetylmorphine “had greater improvements with respect to medical and psychiatric status, economic status, employment situation, and family and social relations,” according to the study.

One patient from the methadone group died of an opioid overdose during the 12-month trial. But overall, serious adverse events were more than 2½ times more common among the diacetylemorphine group. Sixteen of those participants experienced a life-threatening seizure or overdose; all received prompt treatment at their clinic and recovered.

The researchers emphasized that most heroin addicts should continue to be treated with methadone. But when methadone doesn’t cut it, they concluded, “prescribed, supervised use of diacetylmorphine appears to be a safe and effective adjuctive treatment for this severely affected population of patients who would otherwise remain outside the health care system.”

That advice may sound radical, but it has already been followed in several European countries. Switzerland, the Netherlands and Great Britain currently treat some heroin addicts with diacetylmorphine, according to an editorial accompanying the study.

In the United States, only methadone has the imprimatur of a “medical” drug, writes Virginia Berridge of the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine at the University of London. That bias may help explain why the Canadian researchers were unable to collaborate with their colleagues south of the border. Perhaps, Berridge speculates, the Canadian results will have more influence on American policymakers since the study was practically “homegrown.”

-- Karen Kaplan
 snorkelsnow
Msg: 271
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 9/12/2009 12:52:36 AM
Man, I remember first time I did drugs...Weed. Wasn't peer pressured at all. Actually wanted to do it since I was probably 12 (and my family is completely clean)...Tried them, moved on.

Still puff a bit. Not to de-stress. I DO ski, skateboard, run, climb (gyms are for girlymen like hazzare) to de-stress. It's the same as drinking, minus the peer pressure. I can easily be hanging out with friends, a bowl gets sent around and I pass and nobody questions it. Go over to where people are drinking beer, you say no and you hear some guff about it.

To me, smell is only the surface. Personally, I find the appearance/smell of vomit or urine on ones clothes or in near proximity even more offensive. Ever go to a party or bar sober? It sucks. Not because you want to get drunk, but because everybody is so ridiculous. Split personalities. Puking. Random sex. Fights.

Everyone has their own opinion of who they'd rather be around. I prefer to have the best out of all worlds. I have a good deal of friends who chief, as well as friends who are straight as nails. And I know that I've held happy relationships with women more straight forward than the author, or many haters of green on the thread.
 feeltobefree
Msg: 272
view profile
History
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 10/21/2009 9:15:12 PM
clean pure MDMA.. mmmmmmmmmmmmmm..yummy...
 m14shooter
Msg: 273
view profile
History
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 10/22/2009 2:07:02 AM
I used to skydive a lot and did it on occasion in Marana Arizona. Funny thing is at night USAF planes would land and unload drugs and we would watch them. Not talking pot but Cocaine and Heroin. Several skydivers would help unload the planes and put them on various military trucks. My step dad was military intelligence for 24 years. He has photos of himself in Viet Nam supervising the loading of cargo planes with Heroin. He also has photos of body bags stuffed with the stuff too. The CIA and the US Government are the biggest drug dealers in this country.

Why is pot illegal? Because the real drug runners find that a brick that makes them 20K is far better than the same brick that brings them 2K, thats why it's illegal.

As for why employers drug test, it is because the government is forcing it upon them as are insurance companies. I see people getting busted for weed but it is still cheap and the people stealing to buy drugs are going for the harder stuff.
 licoricecat_1
Msg: 274
view profile
History
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 10/22/2009 6:19:14 AM
Here is something NEW to get high off of. WHEATGRASS JUICE. It is green and Medicinal and LEGAL> Look it up on the Internet. It gives tons of ENERGY and is healing to your cells. You can grow your own with HARD WHEAT BERRIES" you could get at Wegman's, Lexington Co-Op and Feel Rite. Sprout first and grow in ORGANIC soil. Water and cut and put into a Wheat Grass Juicer. It is very potent but gives tons of energy quickly and heals your cells. It is a deep cleanser. Also U-Tube has a video on how to grow it.
 licoricecat_1
Msg: 275
view profile
History
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 10/22/2009 6:22:20 AM
WHEATGRASS SHOTS are also sold at Merge and O3 (the restaurant in Everything Elmwood store) on Main St. near Harlem Avenue in Snyder. Medicinal/legal/high energy/healing.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Do you do drugs???