Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Do you do drugs???      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 NYCman530
Msg: 276
view profile
History
Do you do drugs???Page 12 of 18    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18)
I used to smoke pot but quit about 12 years ago. I think the smell of cigarette smoke is much more revolting than pot smoke. And to me, cigarettes are a drug as well. I used to smoke maybe a pack a week in high school for a few months but soon quit because I was playing varsity sports and didn't want to mess up my endurance. I was never a pothead, did it about twice a week on average and I did enjoy it, but these days, you don't know what you're getting and it's stronger now. I tried cocaine only once in my life many years ago when my friend offered me a few lines. All it did was give me a nasal drip and I felt nausea but I couldn't throw up. I said to myself, "How can people throw money out on this stuff?" So the pot never wound up being a gateway drug for me. The drug wars have been a failure. Billions of dollars wasted. I say decriminalize drugs. Sell them in liquor stores. This would eliminate the gang bangers, dealers, and it would be much harder for kids to get their hands on it. The tax money can go to rehab centers and cancer research.
 007wik
Msg: 277
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 11/16/2009 5:13:28 AM
I used to be bang on it. All day every day, and i enjoyed it!
Sure i used to forget to do stuff, but i still do now!
I only gave up due to random tests at work, i love my job more than a toke.
If you use, then admit to it! that was the original point to this thread.
The original poster had a view that not everyone shared, but unfortunately wouldn't let anyone have a contrary point! they were right and everyone else is wrong!
This is how my kids argue! Grow up mate.
If everyone agreed on everything the world would be a very boring place!
 IdiotLuckBox
Msg: 278
view profile
History
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 11/16/2009 12:35:10 PM

What is with people saying NO to this profile question when they clearly toke up regularly or occassionally. Marijuana is a drug you idiots...and a disgusting one on that note.

Before all you self loathing blazers jump in with the alcohol, caffeine, tobacco, etc argument I will fully admit that all of those substances can have serious reprecussions, but the difference is they CAN be used responsibly, while no drug can. It is possible to have one drink, or one coffee, or one cigarette and the mind won't be altered.

Also, marijuana is illegal in basically every country in the world. I know I'll be pushing a few buttons with the green leaf brigade who preach that it has endless benefits and no consequnences and I've heard every single argument...and they are all weak at best.

On that note, I do support it's medicinal use in certain circumstances, but using it to "de-stress" does not count...people use alchol for the same purpose and to me if you need to use any "drug" to relieve stress then you have a serious weakness of character. Ever tried going for a long walk/run, lifting some weights, reading a book, etc...the list goes on. Stop being so lazy.

If marijuana is so great and harmless why:
-do we teach our children to avoid drugs like the plague?
-do employers avoid weed users?
-is almost all street crime related to drug use (weed included)?
-do people still feel the need to conceal their habit?

It really is a black and white situation. Drugs are bad in any form, however some can be used responsibly without being mind altering. Marijuana is not in that category and don't even attempt to argue. I see all the pot heads every day and they just embarrass themselves with their slower speech, poor motor skills, absence of mind, and they stink. That smell is incredibly offensive. GROW UP.

somebody wound this top up a little too tight i think ^

i wouldn't call myself a "drug user" per se, i have "socially" checked in my profile because on occasion, when the mood strikes me i'll 420 it and saying "no" doesn't seem accurate or honest

but let me explain that a bit:

i quit drugs, all of them when i was 18, up till then, i pretty much did everything i could get my hands on, you name it, i did it, then one day i woke up, decided i was wasting my life and stopped

didn't touch anything for 20 years, then one day a friend was going out to blaze and i said "**** it, i'm coming too"

now i doubt i would do anything other than smoke pot into the future, if and when the mood strike me, but if smoking a j and laughing my ass off to russell peters while eating too many gummy bears makes me a "drug user" i'm okay with that
 SweetLilGTP
Msg: 279
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 8/31/2011 10:43:28 PM
The whole question should be eliminated.

It just promotes lying.

If not eliminated; it should give options such as:

-Only if you are
-Time n place
-More than you know
-Dont we all

or something similar.
 jmark4
Msg: 280
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 8/31/2011 11:37:01 PM
no; I dont do drugs. I take aspirin or tylenol a few times a year for a headache but that's it. Dont' smoke pot. It makes you lazy and hungry and I dont want that.

To each their own.
 Bladesmith81801
Msg: 281
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 9/1/2011 8:44:12 AM
Pretty sure my drugs do ME, but they're all needed, all prescription, and I'm damn sure my quality of life would suck without them.
 bamagrl68
Msg: 283
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 9/3/2011 6:01:31 PM
hazzare- No I don't.
Why such a rant?
You were lied to, that's on her. Move on and hope for better next time.
I think pot should be legal.
I have several reasons, but the main reason is that is has medical uses.
If smoking pot means someone suffering from cancer can hold down their next meal, then they should be able to smoke it.
Please educate yourself and open your mind some.
It seems you could grow up some yourself.
 FrankNStein902
Msg: 284
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 9/4/2011 7:27:40 AM

no; I dont do drugs. I take aspirin or tylenol a few times a year for a headache but that's it. Dont' smoke pot. It makes you lazy and hungry and I dont want that.

Apparently Aspirin and Tylenol make you delusional about what is or what is not a drug along with making you believe stereotypes.

You should really lay off the pills.
 matchlight
Msg: 285
view profile
History
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 9/4/2011 8:26:35 AM

the main reason is that is has medical uses.

I'm skeptical about that. Where are the reputable, controlled scientific studies which support it? NORML has argued that point in federal courts for a long time now, but the Controlled Substances Act treats marijuana as a substance with no legitimate medical use.
 Welsh474
Msg: 286
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 9/4/2011 12:07:26 PM
This thread seems like a pretty easy "yes" or "no". I'm a "no".

As for the medicinal uses, I'm open minded to the use of pot. If it appears to help those with cancer or pain or HIV/Aids, etc., I'm not going to argue the benefits or drawbacks with the users. I have arthritis and I've been at the point where I thought it would be easier to cut my hands off - less pain. IF my doctor suggested pot or ground bear shyt I'd probably give it a try. For me all the tylenol, motrin, celebrex, etc. has eaten my stomach out and now I can't take anything other than a medication to repair the ulcer, so I hurt.
 InThePipe
Msg: 287
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 9/4/2011 12:25:10 PM
I smoke marijuana a few times a week because I like to, not because I have a reason to.

If I didn't have a good dealer I probably wouldn't bother. Don't like having to involve myself with criminals just to get some weed.

First I said so in my profile. But choosing "Does drugs 3 times a week" looks really negative so I removed it. That could mean I do cocaine 3 times a week. I would never go out with someone who did stronger drugs. There's a huge difference between soft and stronger drugs. Soft drugs I'm more okay with. There should be a "Soft drugs only" option.
 Earthpuppy
Msg: 288
view profile
History
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 9/4/2011 12:36:40 PM
Annecdotally, I know a number of PTSD sufferers that found that THC was the only effective treatment they have found after all the phamaceuticals and talk therapy of conventional therapy failed. Likewise three friends recently undergoing chemo, found that pot was their only real relief from the nausea, and helped them keep weight on and strength up. It has also been effective for pain management from arthritis and immune system attacks in yet more people I know.

The science supports the medical uses of pot. The prohibition remains only because of the lobbying efforts of big Pharma and the intransigence of politicians who cannot possibly admit they are wrong. With another 3/4 million Veterans returning suffering the life long effects of PTSD and TBIs, we owe it to them at least, to allow them the best available and affordable treatment options. The NM VA has finally been the first to relent on this point.

Plenty of studies showing the medicinal benefits of THC.
http://www.marijuanalibrary.org/Zeese_Research_0197.html#pt3a

http://newmexicoindependent.com/50526/nm-alone-in-specifying-ptsd-as-eligible-for-medical-marijuana

New Mexico is the only state in the nation that explicitly qualifies post traumatic stress disorder for medical marijuana, according to the Associated Press, although California pretty much allows marijuana for “any other illness for which marijuana provides relief.” And because PTSD patients comprise the largest subset of New Mexico’s medical marijuana patients, the Veterans Affairs has a “conundrum” on its hands since the drug is still illegal under federal rules.

While New Mexico’s VA hospital doesn’t allow its doctors to prescribe the drug, it does allow them to tell patients they may seek a recommendation from outside the VA system. And, as The Independent reported previously, it does not consider patients in drug treatment programs who test “hot” for marijuana to be in relapse if they have a state license to use the drug.

One New Mexico physician who has filled out a number of recommendation forms for PTSD is Dr. Eve Elting, in Truth or Consequences. Elting sees people who aren’t regular patients, and about a quarter of those want medical marijuana for PTSD, she told the AP:

Given their inability to get medical marijuana from the VA, New Mexico veterans are finding their own go-to physicians, including Dr. Eve Elting in the central part of the state.

“I have guys coming to see me from all over the state, five or six hours’ drive, just to be legal,” said Elting, of Truth or Consequences. “It’s bad enough they have something that makes life so challenging. On top of that they’re discriminated against, made to feel like they’re doing something wrong.”

Elting said veterans hear about her by word of mouth since she will see people who aren’t regular patients. About a quarter of those who come to her want medical marijuana for PTSD. One day she saw eight veterans — five for PTSD.
 PragmaticDoc
Msg: 289
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 9/4/2011 2:19:16 PM
Wow both of my post were removed, funny how all these people are saying the sme thing i am but only my posts are being removed. Ridiculous, and makes no sense.
 joemac356
Msg: 290
view profile
History
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 9/4/2011 3:52:59 PM
^ I don't know what your posts were, but sometimes, it not what you say, but how you say it.
Just sayin'...

And, I also think the question should be removed. Too much room for ambiguity and misinterpretation.
 AreYouLovingIt
Msg: 291
view profile
History
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 9/4/2011 4:00:09 PM
I smoke about one or two hits at night and only a couple days a week. I have many friends who smoke 5-6 times daily. All of us enjoy Marijuana. My friends that smoke 5-6 times daily fall under a lot of stereotypes as they don't have much motivation or ambition. I'm extremely motivated and I make it to the gym 5 days out of the week. Marijuana helps with my bulking diet because it increases my appetite. Marijuana also helps put me to sleep and is extremely enjoyable if you're with the right company. I've also never enjoyed my sex life as much as I have while I have been high. Marijuana's effects are different depending on your intake. I think it all comes down to how responsible you are and where your priorities in life are.
 qedeshim
Msg: 292
view profile
History
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 9/7/2011 4:27:36 AM
Can you discuss the importance of liquid cash flow generated through drug trafficking within and without the U.S.A. for banks primarily based in New York City and London via their off-shore connections (sic!)? A.I.G. seems to be also heavily involved in drug money – at least for sure in the past. And the UN-chief on drugs, Antonio Maria Costa, stated that “liquid investment capital” generated from drug trafficking helped to keep the financial system going in 2008. He said:

“In the second half of 2008, liquidity was the banking system’s main problem and hence liquid capital became an important factor … Inter-bank loans were funded by money that originated from the drugs trade and other illegal activities … There were signs that some banks were rescued that way.”

We should legalize drugs because our policy of criminalizing it has failed – and will fail. That failure is catastrophic. The price of drugs gives us excellent market evidence on the success of current policies. Drugs are generally cheaper now. I don’t care how many photo ops we stage of drug busts – the drug war has failed.

Current policies make rich the worst, most dangerous people in the world and caused tragedy in nations like Columbia and Mexico (a tragedy spreading to the U.S.). We do not know how much money really goes to the druggies, terrorists, and corrupt politicians, but the number is large. We could defund many of the people out to harm our nation if we end this failed effort at Prohibition.

The other solution is to get the facts and to seize as many billions as possible of those funds from the cartels, Taliban, and corrupt officials. The way to do that is to end the tax havens (which are also havens for the scum of the earth), to use undercover investigators and electronic surveillance against financial institutions with suspicious cash flows, and to seize the existing proceeds.

Drug money is by “now a part of the official system.
 FrankNStein902
Msg: 293
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 9/7/2011 3:22:27 PM

I'm skeptical about that. Where are the reputable, controlled scientific studies which support it?

They are everywhere.

Your failure to acknowledge them is just that, a failure.
 vlad dracul
Msg: 294
view profile
History
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 2/29/2012 12:39:17 AM
i was just reading this before i left for work and its truly frightening.
Krokodil is a home made heroin substitute which is wiping out addicts
in russia.

the article states that there could be up to 2 million heroin users in russia
more than any other country in the world.

heroin addiction kills 30,000 users per year in russia, one third of global
deaths through heroin abuse.

here's a wee bit from the article

The home-made drug that Oleg and Sasha inject is known as krokodil, or "crocodile". It is desomorphine, a synthetic opiate many times more powerful than heroin that is created from a complex chain of mixing and chemical reactions, which the addicts perform from memory several times a day. While heroin costs from £20 to £60 per dose, desomorphine can be "cooked" from codeine-based headache pills that cost £2 per pack, and other household ingredients available cheaply from the markets.

It is a drug for the poor, and its effects are horrific. It was given its reptilian name because its poisonous ingredients quickly turn the skin scaly. Worse follows. Oleg and Sasha have not been using for long, but Oleg has rotting sores on the back of his neck.

"If you miss the vein, that's an abscess straight away," says Sasha. Essentially, they are injecting poison directly into their flesh. One of their friends, in a neighbouring apartment block, is further down the line.

"She won't go to hospital, she just keeps injecting. Her flesh is falling off and she can hardly move anymore," says Sasha. Photographs of late-stage krokodil addicts are disturbing in the extreme. Flesh goes grey and peels away to leave bones exposed. People literally rot to death.

here is the full article

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/krokodil-the-drug-that-eats-junkies-2300787.html

i had never heard of krokodil until today and i hope i never hear of it ever being
used in the uk.
 stogee
Msg: 295
view profile
History
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 2/29/2012 5:24:48 PM
could be wrong but i believe portugal legalized ALL drugs
 roylee42
Msg: 296
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 2/29/2012 7:25:07 PM

somebody wound this top up a little too tight i think ^

I agree. Maye the title should have been "I think pot smokers are losers and I will tell you why. Don't argue with me because I know it all and am always right"
 N0h05
Msg: 297
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 5/9/2012 11:53:03 PM
Thank u. Everything u says true
 bigeazzie
Msg: 298
view profile
History
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 5/10/2012 7:16:27 AM
I have seved my country twice in a combat zone. I have rasied to two well adjusted healthy children.I graduated with honors from college, with a degree in the medical feild. I work out 5 times a week and wait for it.............I smoke pot. What have you ever done for your country?
 pescando75
Msg: 299
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 5/11/2012 12:50:37 PM

Visit Youtube enter "cancer treatment with marijuana". THC in presence of an abnormal cell cause internal metabolic disruptions resulting in cell's death. Research is speeding up. Downside on weed is that if a person starts smoking throughout the day quality of work and life will be impacted.

Hopefully this speaks to people who like things in more concrete terms:
I have not been able to succinctly demonstrate the hypocrisy of our and other governments better than to ask people to Google "U.S. Patent # 6630507."
It is a patent by the U.S. government on just ONE of the many components of the cannabis plant, CBD, or "Cannabidiol." Please read this patent if you get a chance. The government has been doing private research (publicly funded by you and I) on cannabis at the University of Missouri for DECADES. They are not *just* discovering the medical benefits. They are advancing forward with it, pushing out anyone other than Wall Street as they look to license this and other patents to the government's "corporate partners." This is exactly why we see the dispensaries being pushed out by the Feds at present. (And against the word of one lying Mr. Barry Obummer.)

The conditions that JUST CBD is cited to treat in this patent proves, beyond a doubt, the medical applicability of cannabis and will blow your mind and quite possibly make you quite angry. It's about the MONEY folks, not any "safety" concerns. It's a non-toxic plant and completely safe to human cells. Please compare and contrast to many FDA-approved pharmaceuticals.

There is nothing more criminal than making sick people suffer while corporations and the government they own decide instead who gets the biggest piece of the financial pie. "Sativex" is an alcohol-based whole-plant cannabis tincture now being put out by GW Pharma in the UK. Same thing you could get at any dispensary, but much more expensive, and the profits go to the "correct" people, not mom and pop small businesses. The angle is that pot is still "too dangerous" to trust the public with so that they can control it. Lies. All lies. 40+ years of lies.
 SaharaM
Msg: 300
view profile
History
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 5/12/2012 8:54:56 PM
Pot doesn't "heal cancer."
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Do you do drugs???