Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Do you do drugs???      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 tgif111
Msg: 301
Do you do drugs???Page 13 of 18    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18)
yeah Skoochie, I did care about my looks - when I went out pimping to the dance clubs. how I appeared outside the mill was totally different than inside. at night my friends and I would be well dressed in the trendiest outfits because we hated the sweat, dust, dirt and oil that would get on us. yeah, we looked nice when we went out but didn't care what we looked like in the mill. we wore a hardhat, safety glasses and earplugs. I got a manicure once a year when I took a chick out for New Years. we were known all around Youngstown for our outfits and our cars. I had a 500 HP 440 six pack Dodge Charger, my friends had a 340 Cuda and a 911 Targa Porshe. the three of us had custom made tailored outfits made by Shy Lockson in Youngstown. I had a White Satin 3 piece suit with black piping that made the ladies clothes fall off and disappear.

when i was a laborer we had to crawl into the shavings bin under the machine that made threads. it was oily and dirty and when we got out of there we were soaked in sweat and oil. in the winter it was freezing inside and in the summer it was broiling. when i ran the overhead crane over the furnace the temp got into the 130-140 range. they had to install "dead man's handles" (return spring handles) on that crane because one guy almost fainted up there on a day that over 90 outside. he ran the crane into the wall. BOOM!

when we blew our nose black dust came out because the straighteners blew scale up in the air . in the galvanize dept we coated the pipe with liquid zinc. when that shit splashed you it went layers into your skin. one time a guy was paddling the ash off the top of the zinc and some liquid zinc came off the end of the paddle and it went into the front tongue of his co-workers laced boot and rolled down inside. I didn't think it was possible but that guy ripped off that boot even though it was one of those that laced 6 inches up his ankle!!! we had to roll laughing!!

i spent 30 years there from 18 to 48 when I was able to retire and start other businesses that i enjoyed more.
and I still dress well!
 HFX_RGB
Msg: 302
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 4/3/2015 6:50:13 PM

when I went out pimping to the dance clubs. how I appeared outside the mill was totally different than inside. at night my friends and I would be well dressed in the trendiest outfits because we hated the sweat, dust, dirt and oil that would get on us. yeah, we looked nice when we went out but didn't care what we looked like in the mill. we wore a hardhat, safety glasses and earplugs. I got a manicure once a year when I took a chick out for New Years. we were known all around Youngstown for our outfits and our cars. I had a 500 HP 440 six pack Dodge Charger, my friends had a 340 Cuda and a 911 Targa Porshe. the three of us had custom made tailored outfits made by Shy Lockson in Youngstown. I had a White Satin 3 piece suit with black piping that made the ladies clothes fall off and disappear.

Thats some OG Kardashian.
 Hearton64
Msg: 303
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 4/4/2015 5:05:46 AM
All drugs should be legal for adults,do gooders and control freaks be damned.
-----------------

I agree Strings.
I also think that murder, torture and sticking a 2 litre coke bottle up your lowlife ass should be legal as well.

you're certifiably Koo Koo!
------------------
Pot calling kettle black!!!
Easy for you to say when you're drug of choice is alcohol!!

Your tune would change if alcohol was made illegal.

As an adult,don't you feel it's within your right to
Consume alcohol without state or federal laws prohibiting it?

Well those of us who don't drink at all but choose other
drugs aren't interested anymore than you'd be in having
"Big Brother" control our choices.

Whether drugs are illegal or not people will do them
And all keeping them illegal does is create black markets run
by dangerous criminals and cost tax payers billions to house
them once they are arrested and jailed!

Why don't you understand that alcohol is no less
a drug than any other????

If you're so concerned about America,why not advocate
banning the most detrimental drug to society and see how
you feel about having to find it illegally to toast with friends
at a dinner party?

Oh yeah,because your a hypocrit.
 overunity
Msg: 304
view profile
History
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 4/4/2015 8:12:30 AM
Msg 354, I know that steel mill and its practices towards workers. I also know about painting fumes and the use of tanning salons. At your age of 60 years my advice is to make sure you get regularly screened for cancers. The worst case scenario involves some pretty severe and expensive drugs, if available.
 tgif111
Msg: 305
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 4/4/2015 9:49:00 AM
thank you overunity.
I have Cadillac insurance that is free from the mill. scripts are heavily discounted. my brother is on the board of directors of the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center. he oversees my health. when my general practicioner saw bruises on me recently asked about him and I told him. he advised me to stop jumping into mosh pits with 20 year olds at metal concerts. I ignored him.

hearton, alcohol is not dope. you can't compare the two as they are completely different.

get off the dope please. I don't really care about alcohol much as I drink maybe once or twice a month at the dance club or on the occasion of a social activity. if they want to outlaw alcohol I can go along with that but dope should NEVER be allowed.

if a republican president gets in office I want him to arrest all those who own and operate dope shops in those states that have attempted to circumvent federal law.

in the meantime AG Holder has decided he can pick and choose which laws to uphold. Lois Lerner will not be prosecuted. makes no sense. he's a traitor to America.
 Strings6
Msg: 306
view profile
History
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 4/4/2015 10:36:42 AM
"Alcohol is not dope,you can't compare the two as they are completely different"

This is one of the most ignorant and ill informed statements I have seen on any subject on this forum,from the use of the slang word "dope" in place of the correct term which is Drug,to the ignorance of the fact that Alcohol is classified as a Drug....a Drug being "Any substance which when absorbed into a living organism may modify one or more of its functions"

This is the attitude that the kids see through,the drug dealers and corrupt officials celebrate,and that fills up our prisions.
 clooneystutor
Msg: 307
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 4/4/2015 11:31:57 AM
Tom,

I wouldn't be surprised if Obamacare starts taxing your Cadillac health insurance soon.

Apparently that's in the works and to be rolled out soon. Taxing folks on their employer's contribution to their health care plan.

Hope it doesn't impact your hunting expeditions :)
 tgif111
Msg: 308
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 4/4/2015 1:37:06 PM
I hope not Clooney. I have not heard that.

have you heard this:

the Obama Bunglers are looking closely at a European plan to take 1% off the top of anyone having
a net worth of $1 million or more. the Europeans are looking at bank accounts, properties and the legalities of it and seeing if they can pull this off.

they'll basically say they need it and want it and like ObamaCare, will call it a tax.

remember ACA wasn't going to pass the way they presented it. when they found out you could push it through as a tax they changed it into one.
 adventurejoe70
Msg: 309
view profile
History
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 4/4/2015 3:14:30 PM
Yes... the Cadillac tax was a BIG sellout by the administration to the unions that voted . It is not even calculated fairly since it is based on a national average and was never adjusted regionally. Obviously NY and some other cities/states are going to come close to the limit and can negatively impact on workers.

My understanding is the Cadillac tax is only on the excess pass a certain amount and falls on to employers insurer to pay it. Ofcourse they will pass it to the employer. How it effects retirees is unknown since most unions have contracts. I expect the steel union is going to get a lot of pressure to absorb the costs and unfortunately sell out. But they have a higher threshold for risk professions such as law enforcement and construction. I hope you are considered high risk, as am I.

As for taxing those with over 1 million...I doubt it( I would put my cash overseas in a heartbeat if Obummer burglars as you say tried that) , that would probably cause our banking system to even collapse since it is in a great part based on trust. It wouldn't be legal based on current law and most cash assets have already been taxed before deposited.

However , in a way savers, a large % who are seniors, have been paying a 'big tax' for other peoples financial mistakes in the form of low interest rates. They are losing thousands per year in lost interest.
 vlad dracul
Msg: 310
view profile
History
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 4/4/2015 4:28:02 PM
Right now after a divvy post. Which i admit. Are prescription drugs as bad as 'self help' drugs? Some folk have donald duck to add to the debate and should piss off to be honest.
Countless millions swallow drugs everyday prescribed by the quack just to get out of bed.

And anyway c'mon folks ADMIT do you lie on your profile by saying you do not indulge? Because if you do you are a liar and a lying piece of cowardly jackson pollocks.

At least the folk i meet ADMIT to what they take. FFS even ham shank sounds truthfull.

So the question is still there. Knowing what i have just told youse who would meet me f o r a beer and who would hide what they do to be superior?
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 311
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 4/4/2015 4:46:55 PM
vlad, I'm not going to criticize self medicators: I am one--I take huge doses of fish oil. Which has for the most part cleared the arthritis. Flip side, I have a friend with RA who takes some really big guns, which cause tongue cancer about every other year. *Anything* she takes or does to ameliorate what she's inflicted with is fine by me.

My personal addictions are caffeine and nicotine. I drink alcohol about once a year, and do grass every decade or so. Dropped acid once, and loved it; did DMT once, and it scared the bejebus out of me. Declined my one opportunity to do a line of coke. One of my sons is pretty much in the process of destroying his life between alcohol and XXX. I wish he could find the inner clarity to stop, but he's been that impatient since before he was even born. I think this life, for him, will be a re-do.

Plenty of peeps who wouldn't touch a drug or alcohol are destroying their brains, hearts, and bodies with hate. I'd wish otherwise for them, also.

Live long and prosper.
 vlad dracul
Msg: 312
view profile
History
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 4/6/2015 5:22:56 AM
Well some good points well put folks. Could i clarify though that base speed in the uk is not crystal meth. I do not for a moment think i could function as i do if i was a tweaker.
Working on building sites can be hard, dirty, sometimes dangerous work. Years ago we would go for a couple of pints at a dinner time. We get a 30 min break at dinner time
so it was not uncommon to rattle 3/4 pints down the gullet.

This is now a non starter on sites and that is a good thing. But the way the building trade in the uk is just now we work longer hours for less money. Now as a young man i could work 7 days a week doing 12 hour shifts if need be. Or go out from work on a friday and guzzle till 2/3 in the morning then go to work on the saturday. That is a non starter now.

But the long hours take there toll now. So the base keeps you going. I am not alone in this using a stimulant. I know folk who smoke green or hash first thing to function. The early opening pubs do a roaring trade in the mornings with folk having a livener. Then we have the prescrition drug workers who need their tablets every morning. Those who need 4/5 cups of tea or coffee before they function correctly.

So on the profiles where it states 'do you take drugs' most say no. But they really do. A bit of honesty is a good thing i think.

Have a nice day y'all
 kj521
Msg: 313
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 4/6/2015 6:00:26 AM
Vlad....

"So the question is still there. Knowing what i have just told youse who would meet me f o r a beer and who would hide what they do to be superior?"

I would....heck....if and when I get to Scotland , i intend to stay with you since you happen live within walking distance of a real Castle! ;)

And I will confess....I am addicted to Starbucks coffee. A rather expensive habit I might add!
 HFX_RGB
Msg: 314
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 4/7/2015 6:31:07 AM
From the, "yes you are an idiot, if you think criminal penalties are the answer to drug problems" files:

Portugal addiction rates halved after community, not jail, is trialled as solution
Europe / Wellbeing
02 Apr 2015

UK politicians have been urged to decriminalise the use and possession of most drugs after addiction rates in Portugal were cut by half following decriminalisation in the country almost 15 years ago...

Read more at:

http://positivenews.org.uk/2015/wellbeing/17330/portugal-addiction-rates-halved-community-jail-trialled-solution/
 tgif111
Msg: 315
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 4/7/2015 6:46:47 AM
legalizing dope - America gets flushed down the fecal drain and drowns in the sewer of Individual Liberalism.

we don't need to worry about enemies like ISIS, Iran or North Korea.

America will be destroyed by her own selfish citizens.
 HFX_RGB
Msg: 316
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 4/7/2015 6:54:50 AM

legalizing dope - America gets flushed down the fecal drain and drowns in the sewer of Individual Liberalism

In related news, some drunks think that weed is bad.
 skoochie
Msg: 317
view profile
History
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 4/7/2015 7:28:40 AM

legalizing dope - America gets flushed down the fecal drain and drowns in the sewer of Individual Liberalism

I guess the fact that marijuana used to be legal is lost on this one. The founding fathers, who established this country, didn't find marijuana worth addressing. It's probably because they were more interested in preserving people's freedom rather than stripping it from them. We see what side of the debate you're on. The side who wants to trample individual freedom. Your view is as unAmerican as it gets. Maybe youd be happier living under a totalitarian regime?
 Hearton64
Msg: 318
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 4/7/2015 7:34:50 AM
http://www.cdc.gov/alcohol/fact-sheets/alcohol-use.htm

"Drinking too much can harm your health.
Excessive alcohol use led to approximately
88,000 deaths and 2.5 million years of potential
life lost (YPLL) each year in the United States from
2006 – 2010, shortening the lives of those who died
by an average of 30 years.1,2 Further, excessive drinking
was responsible for 1 in 10 deaths among working-age
adults aged 20-64 years. The economic costs of excessive
alcohol consumption in 2006 were estimated at $223.5 billion,
or $1.90 a drink."

I think keeping alcohol legal has already done
100% more damage than legalizing marijuana ever will.

But you're entitled to your opinion as am I.

I don't think you'd feel as strongly against pot
if you knew how mellow it can be. I actually think
you could use a hit or two yourself.

And am sort of amazed that at your age you've
never tried it at least once.

But hey your loss. :)

No one thing will destroy America
and certainly not legalizing weed.

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/5863860
Marijuana Tax Revenue May
Top $3 Billion A Year With Legalization

It may actually HELP America more than you know!
 gtomustang
Msg: 319
talk about doing drugs
Posted: 4/7/2015 8:00:46 AM
ah yes, the highly paid factory worker. Thank you, labor unions, for fighting for all of it. Then again, GM agreed to "20 and you're out" plan where they ended up paying for retirees no longer contributing to the bottom line, since they lived well past 60yrs old. GM became a health insurance company that makes cars. And Buick figured out that what helped it sell cars was its employees made enough money to afford the product they were assembling. Liberal trickle-up economic theory.

I didn't do drugs, one, b/c I couldn't afford it. moved out at 18, no roomates, i had to hotrod my cars on my own paycheck (2bbl 400 with used 4bbl intake into a 1979 GrandPrix for example, never anything mainstream, just the oddballs which were cheaper) while paying for rent and college (the good old days,when a commuter to a high level public college only paid $2000 a semester). he second reason was i had no reason to--i could go to the park etc and relax naturally. i knew others, however, never comfortable in their skin or self medicating their racing thoughts. or some who grew up thinking being cool meant being detached, and i think tried the drugs just to find something to feel again.

like weight-gaining programs and diets, drugs do different things to different bodies and minds. plenty of people should get off their crutches and straighten their lives out. others should get on some meds and equalize things out.
 Strings6
Msg: 320
view profile
History
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 4/7/2015 3:02:56 PM
tgif111.how do you explain America's success before the drug laws,the wars we fought and won,the inventions and advancements we made,the status we achieved in the world.....all in a nation where many drugs were legal...in a nation many times more free than it is right now as far as individual liberty is concerned ?
 _babblefish
Msg: 321
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 4/7/2015 3:19:41 PM

legalizing dope - America gets flushed down the fecal drain and drowns in the sewer of Individual Liberalism.

we don't need to worry about enemies like ISIS, Iran or North Korea.

America will be destroyed by her own selfish citizens.

more likely destroyed by narrow thinking;

google the following:

First LSD Study In 40 Years Shows Promising Medical Uses
 trinity818
Msg: 322
view profile
History
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 4/7/2015 3:49:39 PM

America will be destroyed by her own selfish citizens

Yes. The selfish citizens who don't care about the oppressed, the indigent, the elderly or the sick. Who don't care what medical studies indicate. Who don't care if a child can be helped with non-psychoactive cannabinoids. The ones whose primary concern is not only telling our citizens what to do and how to think, but are compelled to tell the entire world how they should act and think. If you don't happen to agree with the extreme right-wing conservatives on each and every issue, you are labeled as a "traitorous enemy".
 tgif111
Msg: 323
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 4/7/2015 5:04:56 PM
I said I wouldn't follow politics when I moved to Florida.

but I see that Florida will be a battleground state.

if the legalization of dope becomes an issue and is placed on the ballot, I'll do as I did when I worked for Mitt Romney in the Ohio campaign.

i'll work the phones and make cold calls.

i'll put up wire signs.

i'll go door to door.

i'll organize rallies.

i'll confer with the state's top organizers to stop this leprosy.
 skoochie
Msg: 324
view profile
History
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 4/7/2015 6:41:43 PM
You'll probably be just as effective as you were for Mitt Romney. Marijuana is taking off in more states every year. The folks trying their best to impose their will on people's personal freedom are rightfully being silenced more and more every election. Have fun banging your head against that wall.
 gtomustang
Msg: 325
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 4/7/2015 8:13:17 PM
"legalizing dope"

>>>or electing a dope to the oval office, its all the same.

"America...drowns in the sewer of Individual Liberalism."

>>>Well, the Constitution declares the rights of the individual, and that's a liberal idea compared to what else goes on in the world. Freedom of speech, etc. America is a liberal country by design.

"we don't need to worry about enemies like ISIS, Iran or North Korea"

>>>guess we don't have to worry about 'em so much, Pogo has met the enemy and its us. sounds not very pro-American.

"America will be destroyed by her own selfish citizens"

>>>sounds like Alexis deTorqueville. some centuries ago. or mark twain afterward. America's focus on individual rights has made it selfish for decades. we go to war, our republican president tells us to go shopping and tells the terrorists to bring it on.

as for how did America do before the drug war, the first one we did was against those Chinese coolies ridin' the dragon in the days of the steam train. the next one was Nixon going after those reefer heads while Vietnam drained the economy. the real amazing thing about America doing so well, was while its payroll was so high. executives had people who handled the mail room and typed and filed--all stuff you do on your phone now. maybe 10 people doing the job of the average cellphone, and with all that payroll, we still rolled in the dough.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Do you do drugs???