Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Do you do drugs???      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 kj521
Msg: 376
Do you do drugs???Page 16 of 18    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18)
Hey Frank? I saw a copy of your post before you edited.

You are correct...."have" should have been "has".

You should have left that in there as I have no difficulty admitting when I am wrong and am also grateful to genuinely helpful people.

Also, for me....to be called simple is a beautiful compliment.

P.s, Feel free to edit for grammar, spelling, and punctuation, Frank.... :D

And Mr. Tgif.....I am not! I am just me but thank you anyway. :)
 trinity818
Msg: 377
view profile
History
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 4/9/2015 2:54:29 PM
Well I'm sure his mother would have appreciated being allowed to use her own money to stay in her own home for as long as possible. It is very sad when someone with Alzheimers is forced into a strange place with unfamiliar people. It can be very frightening to them.

("would have appreciated" because she had Alzheimer's, so I wouldn't know if she could "appreciate".)
 kj521
Msg: 378
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 4/9/2015 3:42:08 PM
Trinty....

Some parents do not wish their money to go toward the care that their children or grandchildren would wish for them to receive.

For example....I was having a discussion with my 90 yr old grandmother this past Easter weekend. I asked her to rethink her estate planning and legal documents and tools she has put in place. As I have researched the skilled nursing facilities that are covered by her supplimental insurance....she absolutely refuses.
I would prefer her money to go to the personalized care that in home services could provide if the time should come. She stubbornly refuses and states that it is her desire and wish that it be used to meet the needs of her children, grandchildren and great grandchildren.....

Luckily for me....she isn't aware that I have already consulted an elder law attorney and nothing she has done is irrevokable!

Now...I do not know nor do I presume to know the particulars of Mr. Tgif's situation and it is none of my business.

vvvvvvvv Mr. Irish......there are legal tools in which to divert assessts and income which are perfectly acceptable to Medicaid but does require an elder law attorney and is not subject to the Medicaid look back period. As I am not an attorney, I can not state what these tools are specifically as it would be unethical. If you are interested I am sure you can find them on the internet or seek a consultation with an elder law attorney.
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 379
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 4/9/2015 3:46:41 PM

Even if Mr. Tgif used a future inheritence to provide caregivers and payment for a skilled nursing facility....you have no idea how many adult children and spouses do not.

What future inheritance? It sounds to me like his mother paid for the services that were provided.

Which is precisely why there is a need for elder law attorneys who use legal tools in which to shift assests in order to qualify an individual for Medicaid.

Most state medicaid look back periods are 5 years or 60 months (the same time frame) for a reason. If one is giving a gift that's one thing....but, if one is divesting oneself of assets to defraud medicaid from asset recapture...that's another...

The pictures of Tom's house and furniture looked surprisingly old ladyish ...the story unfolds....

Well I'm sure his mother would have appreciated being allowed to use her own money to stay in her own home for as long as possible. It is very sad when someone with Alzheimers is forced into a strange place with unfamiliar people. It can be very frightening to them.

Yanno Trin....from what I can tell....there's fingernail scratches in the parquet flooring on the way out the front door when an elderly is taken from their home and placed in the nursing home.
 kj521
Msg: 380
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 4/9/2015 4:07:55 PM
"Most state medicaid look back periods are 5 years or 60 months (the same time frame) for a reason. If one is giving a gift that's one thing....but, if one is divesting oneself of assets to defraud medicaid from asset recapture...that's another..."

Oh and Mr. Irish?

Woo Hoo! That's right! Who's the smart one now??? :D

Ok....sorry....sorry....it is not often that I have information that others don't. I just had to celebrate that fact.....no harm intended! :)

Just google....Medicaid planning.
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 381
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 4/9/2015 4:50:54 PM

Just google....Medicaid planning.

I actually don't need to....I'm well aware of medicaid asset planning and protection...the medicaid look back period is 60 months, and designed in such a manner as to prevent fraudulent asset transfers that used to occur just before an elderly person was placed in a nursing home. And the look back period now goes from the point a person enters a nursing home and transfers made within 60 months can make a person ineligible for medicaid.

Medicaid is a form of welfare...one doesn't receive medicaid till they are impoverished...I've read your views on welfare...which don't jive with asset transfer in order to qualify for welfare.

Frankly, I would always rather see an elderly person pay for services in their own home, where most people wish to stay, until it is either no longer safe, or the person runs out of money to care for themselves at home.
 kj521
Msg: 382
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 4/9/2015 5:22:52 PM
Then you are aware Mr. Irish, that Medicaid planning utilizes the services of an elder law attorney to legally divert assests and income that would otherwise disqualify an individual for said services. The tools that attorneys use are legal and meet Medicaid standards.

I know precisely what the look back period is designed for and used to prevent against and like many of our social service programs....he who has the knowledge and can afford the services needed to obtain desired results....wins. And that is bipartisian! ;)

Mr. Irish.....you have no idea what my views are welfare are.... as with my previous posts above there was no opinion stated.....just information. :)
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 383
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 4/9/2015 5:41:51 PM

.there are legal tools in which to divert assessts and income which are perfectly acceptable to Medicaid

I do. You've stated them before in conjunction with the church group you volunteer for that provides services to the indigent.

Then you are aware Mr. Irish, that Medicaid planning utilizes the services of an elder law attorney to legally divert assests and income that would otherwise disqualify an individual for said services. The tools that attorneys use are legal and meet Medicaid standards.

I know of no vehicle that legally diverts income when someone is applying for medicaid other than to a spouse for living expenses. I do know of special needs trusts, supplemental needs trusts and amenities trusts. These are specific to specific situations and generally are set up years before applying for medicaid. There are very few legitimate transfers of assets that would not disqualify an individual for medicaid. These are:

Your spouse (but this may not help you become eligible since the same limit on both spouse's assets will apply)
Your child who is blind or permanently disabled.
Into trust for the sole benefit of anyone under age 65 and permanently disabled.
In addition, you may transfer your home to the following individuals (as well as to those listed above):
Your child who is under age 21.
Your child who has lived in your home for at least two years prior to your moving to a nursing home and who provided you with care that allowed you to stay at home during that time.
A sibling who already has an equity interest in the house and who lived there for at least a year before you moved to a nursing home.

Please note that the medicaid qualification is different for married people than for single people
 kj521
Msg: 384
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 4/9/2015 5:58:34 PM
Some of what you listed Mr. Irish.....are legal tools which need to drafted and implemented by an attorney. I can not get into the particulars as I previously stated. Not my job. :)
But....they can be done the same day as an application for medicaid is submitted.
Although, many individuals find it beneficial to to be provactive and plan for various possibilities....to each their own.

So how does any of this pertain to my opinion on various welfare services? :)

And goodness Mr. Irish you just reminded me that I am going to have to lessen my volunteer activities in one area to make room for another. I just volunteered my services and those of my childten to a cancer resourse center today. My children don't know it yet! Wish me luck! :)
 tgif111
Msg: 385
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 4/9/2015 9:49:25 PM
I don't understand where all the ambiguity is about my mother. I see people saying things I don't recognize.

i'll try to simplify it all. I could go into pages and pages of details but I won't. my mother decided to give me my inheritance before she died. it amounted to $200,000. she lived in a medium size home in Masury Ohio where I grew up. that house was signed over to her grandson who she helped raise. from the 1960's she bought a dozen rental homes on our street and I did painting, remodeling and repairs on them with my dad from a young age. when dad died in 1981 I took on the job of keeping them up as I lived right up the street. when mom got older she sold them and that's when she gave me the inheritance, I suppose as a reward. a year or so later she developed Alzheimers. as time went on she was in dementia deep enough that she COULD have gone to the nursing home. I didn't want her to go there. so I hired in-home personal care givers to come to her home at 7am until she went to bed at 8pm. there were two women working in two shifts in her own home doling out her meds, taking care of her needs and keeping her company. I USED THE MONEY FROM MY INHERITANCE TO PAY FOR THESE CAREGIVERS, HER MEDS, DOCTORS APPOINTMENTS, HER UTILITY BILLS, FOOD, ETC.

when the $200,000 ran out mom was becoming more than the in home caregivers could handle as she became increasingly incontinent and was very unsteady on her feet. at this point she didn't even know her own name much less who I was. her speech was very limited. IT WAS THEN I PUT HER IN THE NURSING HOME.

the home with the "old ladyish" furnishings was mine that I bought in 1998. that particular room that Mr. Irish is referring to was done by myself using new reproduction Victorian furnishings, a large water fountain, my famous Italian liquor cart, Victorian wall paintings and a natural gas fireplace that I installed myself. the window dressings surrounded 15 feet long front windows and were done by an interior designer that featured a huge padded backlit valance and drapes with bishops sleeves that puddled on the carpeted floor. the house was situated in a new restricted development of $300,00 plus homes in Brookfield, a completely DIFFERENT home that my mother owned. my home also had a second living room with a wood burning fireplace, a library, 3 bedrooms, two baths, kitchen, dining room, laundry, mud room and 3 car garage.
in the past Mr. Irish has insinuated that I took my mother's home. I assure you Mr. Irish that my mom's home could have fit inside mine with my 3 bedrooms and more to spare.

now please move on!
 daynadaze
Msg: 386
view profile
History
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 4/9/2015 10:27:17 PM
I resent the putting her in a home slam, like you are dumping them in some hole. Of course there are horror stories but most of these places are nice enough, give quality care and do for your family member what you can't do, be there 24/7. My mother didn't have a home to keep, since her divorce she'd lived with my brother then with my youngest daughter until things got bad enough that she needed even more care than one of us being there with her. She thought my daughter was trying to kill her, she thought we were all stealing from her, she was scared of us all and would hide in her room, she shredded paper all day long, she forgot where we were going and thought her doctor was her lover...she lost all dignity and she was extremely miserable with us. She trusted me the most but when she started talking about the bad things I was doing, then it was too far gone. I tired to give her as much leeway as possible, like buying what she wanted, taking her pills from a daily container so she felt like she was doing it herself, letting her still cook a few things as long as one of use was there talking to her, but they lose their minds, it's not easy.

We almost lost out on getting her into the assisted living facility where her sisters had gone, seems dementia runs in her family, they live long but don't know who they are. Had she been any worse off mentally, they wouldn't have taken her, but once she's there they move her into a more hospital like section when she can't function in her own room. Her money is gone, it went to get her in there and now she's on Medicaid, I send her some spending money but she no longer really wants to go anywhere. She used to love me to take her to Walmart then to eat, now she doesn't seem to realize that where she is lives in all one place. She thinks the chapel is across the street from her Apt, it's down the hall for her room. She thinks the dinning room is a restaurant down the street, etc. Too much info, but my point is that this is the safest place for her and she gets her hair done every week, it's part of what she paid for, meals, church, community, visits, in her dementia, she thinks she lives on her own and these people are her friends that she's going out to see them when she leaves her room. She's a lot happier there than she was living with us. She's in the town where she went to high school, where all her family lived, where some of the women in the home knew her or her family. She still has bad moments of course, but I would be just fine with ending up in the same type of place, I don't want to make my children care for me if I lose my mind, which seems to be happening.

Tom and I disagree on politics but with this, I don't see where the hostility is coming from. I don't see why it's anyone's business how he and his family took care of his mother, I don't see him as a monster, and I think it's disgusting to hit him below the belt talking about his mother that way. And yes he's been guilty of things too, but his mother, that's just off limits.
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 387
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 4/10/2015 3:16:28 AM
I'm going to offer up a onetime apology to Tom.

I've been taking pot shots at his choices of furniture and insinuating that they came from Mom.

I can imagine the pain a son goes through when it becomes clear that taking care of a parent in their home is no longer possible and that the nursing home is the only alternative. And I do know the cost of homecare and skilled nursing homes...most people spend their life savings in a very short time receiving care either at home or in a facility. It's a craypie outcome on the best of days.

I apologize Tom. I am sorry for your loss and the pain of the choices you had to make for your Mom.
 kj521
Msg: 388
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 4/10/2015 3:51:21 AM
Mr. Irish.....you impress me....you really do!

I hope you have a lovely day! :)

Caring for the elderly or for any loved ones is a daunting and sometimes heartbreaking task both emotionally and financially.
But one that allows us to return all the love and care that we were given.... :)
 forumreaderisall
Msg: 389
view profile
History
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 4/10/2015 4:02:29 AM

I apologize Tom. I am sorry for your loss and the pain of the choices you had to make for your Mom.

and this is why BidBad, you have been, and continue to be, a liberal found here that this conservative, even though we disagree on most everything, earns my respect. It falls precipitously when you resort to name calling but then you come along and redeem yourself, when you're meek enough to reveal your heart.
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 390
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 4/10/2015 4:27:07 AM

But one that allows us to return all the love and care that we were given.... :)

My experience is that it never seems like enough...for only the want of one day more.

you resort to name calling

I've been here since late 2008, and frankly I can't remember who started the name calling first. But, it is my feeling that in the political spectrum of things that it comes with the territory, on both sides.

when you're meek enough to reveal your heart.

Even I know when I've hit below the belt.
 HFX_RGB
Msg: 391
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 4/10/2015 5:51:43 AM

Tom and I disagree on politics but with this, I don't see where the hostility is coming from. I don't see why it's anyone's business how he and his family took care of his mother, I don't see him as a monster, and I think it's disgusting to hit him below the belt talking about his mother that way. And yes he's been guilty of things too, but his mother, that's just off limits.

So you do not see how he speaks about unwed mothers and their children?

You do not see the way he speaks about the poor?

You do not see the way he speaks about people of color or a different religion?

That combined with the fact, it was him that started bragging about his mother, which for some reason he listed below his other accomplishments such as banging hot chicks and hitting a long drive, which in itself is rather telling.

Also you should factor in the fact that 1/2 of the stuff he has told is 100% bullsh*t, thus there is no reason to believe anything he has to say to begin with.

That said, if you want to feel sorry for a racist windbag, please do so.
 tgif111
Msg: 392
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 4/10/2015 6:47:14 AM
thanks to everyone who understands what you have to go through when a parent slides backward into becoming a child and it is your duty to care for them as they cared for you when you were a helpless baby. it's painful to see a person who you love deteriorate mentally while the body stays comparatively strong and healthy.

Mr. Irish I want to thank you for your kind words.
like KJ, i'm impressed and grateful that you understand the situation.
Alzheimers may very well be the one disease that affects the family members as much as it does the victim of it.
 clooneystutor
Msg: 393
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 4/10/2015 9:20:08 AM
You know what Tom,

You strike me as an ex blue collar rough neck.

Fvcking rough as hell around the edges, but authentic.

I think you'd be a hoot to bbq with and throw back a few beers. Not sure I'd want you in the board room though :)

At least your out there living it up and not researching flaws in somebody's posts all day.
 Dee4166
Msg: 394
view profile
History
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 4/10/2015 9:39:40 AM
^^^^^^^

Yes, apparently criticizing people is a popular pastime for some....

@Tom...actually I will go so far as to say that past a certain point, it's actually much more difficult for those 'left behind' than it is for the victims themselves....

Having seen it both professionally, and personally, my own mother was diagnosed over 15 yrs ago now, although I personally question whether or not she was just part and parcel of the general Alzheimer umbrella diagnosis,....I can honestly say that most people do the best that they can with what they have....

When I hear of others who are or have gone through it who actually love their parents and had a good relationship with them before their illness, I truly DO feel for them...Alzheimer's is the ULTIMATE thief....It takes it ALL and also holds prisoners until Death comes and releases both the sufferer and their people....

For myself, it is a very different story...My mother wasn't a good mother, and for the most part was SO damaged herself by Life that I'm not sure she could have done better....
While I can't say as I 'miss' her, she IS still my mother and attempting to deal with this situation especially with all of the 'complications' that come with both her actual care, as well as the stress and tension in our family over many issues that have since arisen, well, it's NOT fun, to say the least....

As far as having sympathy for you, well, for me this is one of those situations where we all should put aside our political ideologies and bad feelings and try and remember that we're ALL human, and all that entails....

First and foremost for me is compassion and understanding and if you can't do that, then at least have the decency to refrain from unfounded accusations....
 adventurejoe70
Msg: 395
view profile
History
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 4/10/2015 9:43:11 AM

Your spouse (but this may not help you become eligible since the same limit on both spouse's assets will apply)
Your child who is blind or permanently disabled.
Into trust for the sole benefit of anyone under age 65 and permanently disabled.
In addition, you may transfer your home to the following individuals (as well as to those listed above):
Your child who is under age 21.
Your child who has lived in your home for at least two years prior to your moving to a nursing home and who provided you with care that allowed you to stay at home during that time.
A sibling who already has an equity interest in the house and who lived there for at least a year before you moved to a nursing home.

Pretty much, but I do have a certain case that is a bit different. A lady just went into a nursing home at 86 yrs of age with dementia(she is a Holocaust survivor). She has no family, but has a home worth 780k. By law Medicaid can force the home sold and take out its expenses . But her home was being used as non profit registered animal shelter/ rescue group. We just stopped the institution in its tracks with the use of a lawyer. They aren't going to get the home! Not as long as any rescued cats are still in the home (we let 2 more in the last week).

That being said a relative(dead now) divorced her husband(same guy) 2 times to avoid her assets being touched and look like he had very few assets . There are ways around everything!Being a financial guy I would be sure you knew that ;)
 gtomustang
Msg: 396
Do you do drugs???you'll want to after estate planning
Posted: 4/10/2015 10:34:27 AM
Growing up, watching peers with trust funds and such screw up their lives, I agreed with Thomas Paine's ancient treatise on the evils of inheritance. Now I'm in a position where I have to shut my mouth about such things.

nursing homes in my state are expensive, $10,000 per month. the waiting list is months or years long, unless you settle for the places that open beds quickly--ie, by killing off the last client with incompetence. and if you don't have health insurance to cover the place, many won't even bother. but the lesson is, as soon as you think a loved one may need a facility in the future...get them on the waiting list. you may get preferential treatment over the family who just shows up.and I was surprised to find out that the doctor doesn't even handle the entrance, its the hospitals that do this. one family I met, kept bouncing the in law from home (1 st 3 months paid by Medicare) back to the hospital and then back to a home again. terrible.

the lesson to learn, and should be repeated is, as soon as you think elderly care is in the cards, do your research. I had to go thru 4 lawyers to get one who actually did know everything about elderly care, lost out on the $10,000 gift per year stuff, didn't have a funeral trust put aside had my parents wanted to go that way (luckily they choose donation, no cost involved there). its a maze that just shouldn't exist, since people die every day. every state should have a pamphlet of rights they can hand out, a neatly organized planbook spelling out the path.
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 397
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 4/10/2015 11:03:13 AM
Not all elder dementia is Alzheimers. My mother had swarms of TIAs which eventually took away most of the lady who raised me, and replaced her with a very frightened fragile woman. Because she'd always been super competent, we, her 8 living children, prolly let her make decisions much longer than we should have.

After relieving my sister for a month, I came home (here), went to nurse's aid classes, got certified, worked in a nursing home. At the point the family gave up, I went home (there), lock stock and barrel (taking two dogs and six cats) and did the last year, pretty much alone. One sister did the baby monitor on Friday overnights, and on Sunday mornings so I could go to meeting. The others alternated Saturdays from nine to three. Eventually, I surrendered, and we found a nursing home. She only lasted a month longer. Being an aid, I brought my own gait belt with me, and taught my brothers how to use it so they stopped dropping her.

There were signs you didn't want to see/hear: if she woke telling you that children had been in her room all night, you knew it was going to be a bad day. If she remembered her kindergarten teacher, it would be a pretty good one. One came to know intimately, and dread, Sundowning. Knowing you were not alone helped. Some.

My observations of Alzheimers is that it pretty much depends where patients get stuck. We had one lady, in her nineties, who was in an about three year window where she'd been cute, sweet, and being courted. She was not at all unhappy. I had others who were stuck in floods. One man if he called you by his wife's name, it meant you should leave, or you'd get beaten up (in real time). One spent his nights trying to avoid being beaten by his stepfather (when he was three or four). Families have no secrets. . . .

I do seriously wish that before being allowed to make laws about what is humane for infirm elderly that one be required to work as an aid in a nursing home for at least six months. Once there were custody chairs--a sort of padded lightweight recliner on wheels, fitted with a tray across the front. They were deemed illegal. So now those patients instead of spending hours reading, or playing games, are seated in straight backed chairs from which they arise, take two steps, fall and break a hip. . . . etc.

Irish--♥
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 398
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 4/10/2015 11:24:36 AM

There are ways around everything!Being a financial guy I would be sure you knew that ;)

Yep. I heard of many sleazy tricks people have tried to employ to get me and the rest of the tax payers to help pay for their loved ones welfare. My experience is that if there's a paper trail leading the the improper sheltering of assets the state gets very persnickety and disallows the transfer...that's when I get the call and give the advice that the spouse or adult child (the one that generally receives the improper transfer) should follow the direction of social services to the letter. Many times what happens is the house the parent lived in is taken over by the child, who hasn't lived there, and the state generally doesn't challenge the transfer, but not in every case. This is the first time I've heard of a spouse divorcing twice to avoid paying for their spouse's care. I've heard of the going into the hospital for the 3 day stay and getting 3 months of medicare to pay for skilled nursing and then doing it again. This is perhaps an overblown tale. If one returns to the hospital after receiving 3 months of rehabilitative care in a skilled nursing home goes back to the hospital, hoping for a re-qualifying event, the new hospital stay has to be for some other reason other than the initial qualifying event.

KJ's advise to seek out the advise and counsel of a qualified elder care lawyer is a good one...though, in my experience, many lawyers, who don't actually practice elder care law, generally think their sheep skin makes them an expert in all legal matters...many of which have little actual experience.

Back at cha wooby!

Ironic...many of those that deem ACA (Obamacare) socialized medicine are the ones who seem most likely to place their loved ones on the state dole.
 Dee4166
Msg: 399
view profile
History
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 4/10/2015 1:05:03 PM

This is the first time I've heard of a spouse divorcing twice to avoid paying for their spouse's care.

While not twice, that is exactly what my stepfather did here in Quebec, Canada....He placed my mother in a home and then determined that her pension would pay the majority but was told that he would/could lose the house if they were still married, apparently.....So he got a divorce and she is now a ward of the Curateur Publique...which would be the equivalent of perhaps Medicaid in the States...?

My brother was the one who was supposed to follow up on all of that, but I suspect that he was more concerned with being 'liked' than protecting our mother's interests....I unfortunately was the one elected to deal with the doctors and the hospital who were determined to get her on some kind of anti-psychotics or combination, although NONE have been proven effective long-term, and many actually will either worsen the condition or else hasten their death...

At the point when she was admitted to the hospital, she was in perfect physical condition, but they managed to take care of that ,too...

Her doctor was busily trying to keep her 'calm' with any and EVERY med as they had to keep her in the hospital until a bed opened, but fortunately this is in a rural area so it only took a matter of 2 mos.

In that time, she almost literally starved to death, and they kept calling me to come and 'deal' with her, although I live an hour and a half away from where she was...and my stepfather was the one who lived 15min away...

The entire experience has done little more than drive home the point that there will be NO "care" for me like that, not that there probably will even BE, in the next 20 or so years due to an overburdened health care system here, that is in the process of collapsing as we speak........I will take myself out before I get there and am already prepared for pretty much any eventuality...

Was VERY happy that the Euthanasia Law was upheld by the Canadian Supreme Court not long ago....

Kinda awful and sickening that what was once only a horrific possibility is rapidly becoming a real and ultimate probability....
 kj521
Msg: 400
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 4/10/2015 4:34:15 PM
Hey Irish.....

Let me just clarify a couple of things for you. I place no judgement on anyone who seeks state or goverment assistance. I may not like some of the programs in place but that is completely seperate from the people.

The most important thing I have learned as I have worked with various populations from developemental disabilites, to juveniles, to the elderly and adults with disabilities......each situation is different. You have to look at each individual and all contributing factors.

If seeking an elder law attorney......seek one that only practices elder law and is knowledgable in Medicaid planning and VA benefits.
Many elderly are not receiving the VA benefits that they qualify for but.....as both programs differ in their qualifications....you need a professional to assess your situation to best suit the loved ones needs.

It will vary by state but there are free senior resources available...most often people just don't know the questions to ask.

And Irish? Just my personal observation.....but higher socio-economic class seems to have a positive correlation with dollar amount of asset/income diversion with no noticable difference in partisianship. Again just my informal observations. :)
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Do you do drugs???