Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Do you do drugs???      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 tgif111
Msg: 376
Do you do drugs???Page 16 of 18    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18)
I said I wouldn't follow politics when I moved to Florida.

but I see that Florida will be a battleground state.

if the legalization of dope becomes an issue and is placed on the ballot, I'll do as I did when I worked for Mitt Romney in the Ohio campaign.

i'll work the phones and make cold calls.

i'll put up wire signs.

i'll go door to door.

i'll organize rallies.

i'll confer with the state's top organizers to stop this leprosy.
 skoochie
Msg: 377
view profile
History
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 4/7/2015 6:41:43 PM
You'll probably be just as effective as you were for Mitt Romney. Marijuana is taking off in more states every year. The folks trying their best to impose their will on people's personal freedom are rightfully being silenced more and more every election. Have fun banging your head against that wall.
 gtomustang
Msg: 378
view profile
History
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 4/7/2015 8:13:17 PM
"legalizing dope"

>>>or electing a dope to the oval office, its all the same.

"America...drowns in the sewer of Individual Liberalism."

>>>Well, the Constitution declares the rights of the individual, and that's a liberal idea compared to what else goes on in the world. Freedom of speech, etc. America is a liberal country by design.

"we don't need to worry about enemies like ISIS, Iran or North Korea"

>>>guess we don't have to worry about 'em so much, Pogo has met the enemy and its us. sounds not very pro-American.

"America will be destroyed by her own selfish citizens"

>>>sounds like Alexis deTorqueville. some centuries ago. or mark twain afterward. America's focus on individual rights has made it selfish for decades. we go to war, our republican president tells us to go shopping and tells the terrorists to bring it on.

as for how did America do before the drug war, the first one we did was against those Chinese coolies ridin' the dragon in the days of the steam train. the next one was Nixon going after those reefer heads while Vietnam drained the economy. the real amazing thing about America doing so well, was while its payroll was so high. executives had people who handled the mail room and typed and filed--all stuff you do on your phone now. maybe 10 people doing the job of the average cellphone, and with all that payroll, we still rolled in the dough.
 Axis555
Msg: 379
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 4/8/2015 8:19:31 AM
By the 'do you do drugs' question, they mean illicit drugs, which include marijuana/weed and other drugs like meth, heroine, cocaine etc. I think it is meant to mean regularly, like once a week or day or something like that. If someone puts no in, I'd really expect them to not be doing any illicit drugs. I don't do any illicit drugs.
I have no issue if they had a one off use of any illicit drug, but not using it regularly or still using it.
 tgif111
Msg: 380
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 4/8/2015 8:29:42 AM
correct axis555........

people who have a need to forego reality and send themselves into a hallucinogenic state produced by gateway or dangerous drugs are themselves a danger to society at large. they will rob, burgle and kill to get the money for their evil drugs anyway they can. then we have to pay for them to sit in jail because of their horrible and sick need to leave the real world behind.

these are despicable people and I shun them.
 HFX_RGB
Msg: 381
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 4/8/2015 8:48:09 AM

people who have a need to forego reality and send themselves into a hallucinogenic state produced by gateway or dangerous drugs are themselves a danger to society at large.

I bet you will drink to that.

they will rob, burgle and kill to get the money for their evil drugs anyway they can. then we have to pay for them to sit in jail because of their horrible and sick need to leave the real world behind.

Irony alert, hypocrite and kill to get the money for their evil drugs anyway they can. then we have to pay for them to sit in jail because of their horrible and sick need to leave the real world behind.

Irony alert, hypocrite just called drunks like himself out.
 MaleFeasance
Msg: 382
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 4/8/2015 8:51:53 AM
legalizing dope - America gets flushed down the fecal drain and drowns in the sewer of Individual Liberalism.

----------------------------------------------------------------

You are quite mistaken, mainly because you have confused being a republican with being conservative, not to mention having no grasp of what getting the government out of our lives means. It looks like you are more than happy to have the government tell people what they can and can't ingest (unless of course, it's toxic waste, which I'd be pretty sure you don't like the epa.). However, true conservatives like William F. Buckley Jr., Milton Friedman, George Schultz, Ron Paul, and most of the scholars at the Cato Institute, just for starters support legalization of drugs. It also appears that you think getting the government out of our lives is a liberal idea. You are nothing more than a slogan republican who has no concept of how what you claim are principles translate into the reality you would have to accept if you really agreed with those principles.
 overunity
Msg: 383
view profile
History
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 4/8/2015 8:57:15 AM
Tom Thumb is a perfect example of someone who would really benefit from blowing a toke and taking a long hard HONEST look at himself. Without realising it he has become the perfect poster boy FOR legalization.
 tgif111
Msg: 384
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 4/8/2015 10:18:26 AM
Tom Thumb looks in the mirror...... long and hard and thoughtful.
what does TT see?

a man who has worked hard to realize the American dream.
a man who has spent decades doing volunteer work that has made hundreds of families happy.
a man who has paid his taxes in all of his successful businesses.
a man with no criminal record.
a man who gets his fair share of dates with attractive women.
a man who has a long drive of 315 yards and witnessed by others in the foursome.
a man who played one season of semi pro baseball before spending 30 years with the same company.
a man who has kept his brother and sisters close as well as elderly members of the family.
a man who took his $200,000 inheritance and used ALL OF IT to keep his mother at her own home with caregivers for years until her Alzheimers became too severe and she had to go to the nursing home.
a man who visited his mother in the nursing home on a very frequent basis and kept her company even when she didn't know who that man was.
a man who has been imperfect but has lived a good life and is thankful to be an American.
 HFX_RGB
Msg: 385
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 4/8/2015 10:22:50 AM

what does TT see?

A delusions racist who likes to brag about himself.
 Hearton64
Msg: 386
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 4/8/2015 11:29:57 AM

people who have a need to forego reality and send themselves into a hallucinogenic
state produced by gateway or dangerous drugs are themselves a danger to society
at large. they will rob, burgle and kill to get the money for their evil drugs anyway
they can. then we have to pay for them to sit in jail because of their horrible and
sick need to leave the real world behind.

You are a radically black and white thinker, I'll give you that!

Gateway drug? For most it's alcohol.
Hallucinogen ? Acid yes, weed? Hell no!

Rob burgle kill? How about stop being so dramatic?
Or at least post just one story of anyone who has done
Any of that to get a bag of weed!

If you'd get off your high horse and legalize drugs
so adults can choose what they put into their systems
you can avoid paying billions to pointlessly jail them!

Sick need to leave reality behind?

And what's your excuse????

Shun them? Please do because your insanity is getting on my last nerve.
 tgif111
Msg: 387
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 4/8/2015 1:26:13 PM

Rob burgle kill? How about stop being so dramatic?
Or at least post just one story of anyone who has done
Any of that to get a bag of weed!

edited from my hometown newspaper The Sharon Herald:

MARIJUANA DRUG DEAL TURNS TO MURDER

A Sharon teen is dead after being hit by gunfire from a botched drug deal early Friday in Sharon near the Farrell line.

Police were called at 1:47 a.m. for a report of eight gunshots fired in the 800 block of Wallis Avenue..”

John B. Hosey, 18, of 422 Meek Street, was found lying on the east side of the street just south of 833 Wallis with a gunshot would to his torso, police said. Hosey was unconscious, not breathing and there was a lot of blood coming from his back, court documents said.

Hosey was taken to Sharon Regional and later pronounced dead by the Mercer County Coroner, police said.

A married couple were trying to buy drugs from someone at 833 Wallis when men surrounded their van and one fired a shotgun at them, court documents said.

Ashley McNulty, 20, and Mark McNulty Jr., 21, both of West Middlesex, suffered “superficial” gunshot wounds, police said. Court documents said Mark McNulty was shot in the left ribcage area and Menster said Mrs. McNulty’s wound was on the left side of her head..

Hosey was involved in the confrontation that preceded the shooting, Menster said. The teen was in the street when the shots were fired and was never in the van, he said..

Alexander Lee, 28, of 26 Shenango Boulevard, Farrell, was arraigned Friday morning on drug conspiracy charges.

According to court documents, Lee conspired with Chris Swogger and the McNultys to buy a pound of marijuana

Swogger, 22, of Sharon, and John Dunder, 21, of Sharpsville, were also charged with drug conspiracy, police said.

According to court documents:

McNulty told police his friend Chris Swogger was looking to buy a pound of marijuana

http://www.sharonherald.com/gallery/dead-in-drug-deal-gone-bad/article_89dc7922-71a3-54d0-8956-2b71a96c7cb6.html

DOPE IS FOR WASTOID LOSERS - GET REAL
 daynadaze
Msg: 388
view profile
History
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 4/8/2015 2:45:07 PM
Where's the list of murders and thefts and domestic violence and child neglect caused by people using alcohol?
 trinity818
Msg: 389
view profile
History
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 4/8/2015 3:34:03 PM

a man who took his $200,000 inheritance and used ALL OF IT to keep his mother at her own home with caregivers for years until her Alzheimers became too severe and she had to go to the nursing home.

Ummm...wait...was this by any chance money you would have inherited from her?
 robaustralia
Msg: 390
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 4/8/2015 4:05:22 PM

If you'd get off your high horse and legalise drugs
so adults can choose what they put into their systems
you can avoid paying billions to pointlessly jail them

And if mindless weed smokers such as yourself thought about what you were putting into your systems this figure might actually reduce:

Illegal Drugs. $181 billion
Alcohol. $185 billion
Tobacco. $193 billion

Total $559 billion

That is the health care costs in the US from substance addiction.

drugabuse.com

Which really is astronomical, compared to this:

Overall, the prison system in the United States costs American taxpayers nearly $39 billion. California, New York and Texas are the three states that pay the most to maintain their prisons, spending $7.9 billion, $3.5 billion and $3.3 billion, respectively, according to the study entitled "The Price of Prisons: What Incarceration Costs Taxpayers

mashable.com

However the above doesn't tell us the cost of having drug dealers in jail, which most likely is not billions.

So yeah that is a great idea to legalise all drugs and increase the associated health care costs so to reduce the billions it costs to put drug dealers in jail(Pfft!).
 cotter
Msg: 391
view profile
History
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 4/8/2015 6:52:24 PM
From the OPOST ...
What is with people saying NO to this profile question when they clearly toke up regularly or occassionally.

I personally don't want to spend any great amount of time with anyone who might even smoke weed ... in my presence.

I am in a situation that I could get called in to "drug test" at any time and to maintain my job, I have to show "negative" on drugs. I've never even tried any of that stuff ... don't want it and apparently don't need it.

If I have a drink, I don't drive. When I drink, it's not to get a "buzz" because I do not like the feeling of being out of control of myself. There are some alcoholic drinks that I enjoy the taste of but only consume when I'm in a position that I do not have to drive.

Sooooo ... yes I want to know/hope that someone will be honest on their profile when it comes to the "drug" question. If they are not honest about it, they will quickly learn that I do not like liars and have no tolerance for lying. The men in my life already know that and have told me it's one of many things they respect me for.

I think the drug users should be content to hang out or hook up with other drug users. They would probably be very uncomfortable getting together with someone who doesn't use, so why not be honest about it and draw attention from those who either also use or would be tolerant of it.

JUST DON'T LIE ABOUT IT ... what a concept!
 purplerider1200
Msg: 392
view profile
History
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 4/8/2015 8:50:42 PM
I no longer will tolerate drug users.

In training for a new job, I went with my new boss to work on a safe. The owner, a nice old guy wanted us to write the new combination on the wall above the safe. His reasoning for that was if he got robbed, and was forced to open the safe, he'd have the combination in front of him. You see, he had been robbed before. Money wasn't as important as his life.

Well, his kids thought that it would be nice to paint the room that the safe sat in. They, inadvertently painted over the combination. Two weeks after that, he was involved in another strong arm robbery. The drug user/ thieves knew he had a safe, and tried to force him to open it. Because the combination was painted over, and in the stress of the situation, he couldn't remember it. So. they killed him. The police knew it was drug addicts that did it, since in the past, other junkies had robbed him. The police are highly doubtful that they will ever find out who killed him.

So, what should we do with drug users? I say shoot them like mad dogs.
 HFX_RGB
Msg: 393
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 4/9/2015 5:03:45 AM

a man who took his $200,000 inheritance and used ALL OF IT to keep his mother at her own home with caregivers for

As another poster noted, tom once again has tripped over his own lies.

As it sounds like tommy stole his mother's money and put her in a home.
 kj521
Msg: 394
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 4/9/2015 6:24:50 AM
Frank that was not nice.

Even if Mr. Tgif used a future inheritence to provide caregivers and payment for a skilled nursing facility....you have no idea how many adult children and spouses do not.
Which is precisely why there is a need for elder law attorneys who use legal tools in which to shift assests in order to qualify an individual for Medicaid.
It is called Medicaid planning. So judge him how you wish....but it sounds to me that he did a wonderful job of caring for his mother.
 HFX_RGB
Msg: 395
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 4/9/2015 6:31:56 AM

It is called Medicaid planning. So judge him how you wish....but it sounds to me that he did a wonderful job of caring for his mother.

Yeah because the person making racist remarks about unwed mothers clearly needs our respect.

So not sure if you are too simple to see the kind of person he is, or you are one of them.
 kj521
Msg: 396
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 4/9/2015 7:07:43 AM
Frank...I have been called many things...simple have never been one of them.

I just happen to recognize the complexity of human beings and accept that all of us are neither good nor bad but both and everything in between.
I just happen to be the type that focuses on the innate goodness in others.

Is that what you mean by being one of "them"?

It is sunny and hot in Florida today....and the Flower festival is going on at Epcot....I might have to sneak out of work early!

Hope you have a lovely day, Frank! :)
 tgif111
Msg: 397
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 4/9/2015 10:05:34 AM
What a magnificent example of womanhood, intelligence, compassion and tact.
 HFX_RGB
Msg: 398
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 4/9/2015 10:08:37 AM

Is that what you mean by being one of "them"?

One of the people who says nothing when someone makes racist / homophobic and gender based insults and only steps in when someone calls them on it.
 kj521
Msg: 399
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 4/9/2015 11:33:00 AM
Hey Frank? I saw a copy of your post before you edited.

You are correct...."have" should have been "has".

You should have left that in there as I have no difficulty admitting when I am wrong and am also grateful to genuinely helpful people.

Also, for me....to be called simple is a beautiful compliment.

P.s, Feel free to edit for grammar, spelling, and punctuation, Frank.... :D

And Mr. Tgif.....I am not! I am just me but thank you anyway. :)
 trinity818
Msg: 400
view profile
History
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 4/9/2015 2:54:29 PM
Well I'm sure his mother would have appreciated being allowed to use her own money to stay in her own home for as long as possible. It is very sad when someone with Alzheimers is forced into a strange place with unfamiliar people. It can be very frightening to them.

("would have appreciated" because she had Alzheimer's, so I wouldn't know if she could "appreciate".)
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Do you do drugs???