Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Do you do drugs???      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 daynadaze
Msg: 422
view profile
History
Do you do drugs???Page 18 of 18    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18)
I spent three years working in the Dept. of Human Services in Iowa while I was going to the local community college. I did receptionist work, typed up many letters for the social workers and welfare workers, and ran errands for others. So my nose was in personal private info about a lot of people in the county. Yes, there are people who work the system and get away with it, but most of the people on assistance (the people that the ****ing goes on about) are children, medically or mentally disabled, and the elderly. They are not working the system, they got shafted in life and they need help and they are grateful and they are not sucking the life out of your tax dollars.

Those big money taxpayer's money suckers are large ass farming enterprises, politicians, and those who get kickbacks from sucking up your tax dollars. Most people on welfare wouldn't know how to get their hands on large amounts of your money, they get enough to pay for basic living expenses, food, and clothes and necessities for their families. I had to shake my head about the ****ing every time there was a raise in food stamps, as though one could eat for a month with food stamps only, it took part of your check too. But the deal is, when you get a raise in your food stamps, they take that raise away by lowering your welfare check. Your tax dollars don't amount to much at all for what goes to people in need, most of it goes to corruption in the system. If you got rid of the corruption in our political system, (and no party is above it or worse at it), we could do wondrous things for people.
 Dee4166
Msg: 423
view profile
History
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 4/11/2015 3:09:40 AM
Beautifully said Dayna.....

I, too, have worked with a lot of the disadvantaged and have BEEN one myself....

What really chaps my hide is hearing about all of those 'welfare abusers' who are all apparently 'living high off the hog' on WELFARE mind you, when every time I turn on the news, some gov't SOMEWHERE is just HEMORRHAGING tax dollars on bloated payouts to all and sundry, or else eliminating taxes for big business, in the name of 'economic stimulation'....

Puh-lease!!!

I would LOVE to see even ONE MNA actually try and LIVE off of welfare for 3 months.....JUST 3 months!

Even if they ARE 'screwing the system' and say, working under the table for minimum wage on top of their welfare in order to be able to survive, they are STILL going to be living well below the poverty level....

Nothing like those 'terrible' criminals who are making several thousands of dollars per YEAR, as in under 25$k, in order to throw caution to the WINDS and actually go and buy groceries AND pay their rent, all in one MONTH!!!

While I"m not condoning the behaviour, I have a HELLUVA lot more sympathy for that than I do when I hear how some bozo who was Chancellor of McGill U for about 5 MINUTES was given a 'parting gift' or some such nonsense, of $760,000, paid for, by ME and other fools out here working our ASSES off for much less, with NO benefits, NO paid holidays, NO sick leave, NO retirement plan, (hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!! 'retirement plan'....whew! GOOD one!!!) Oh! And did I mention that ALSO includes LOSING about a THIRD of my, pitiful,salary to those taxes that my gov't was so VERY 'generous' in 'sharing' with this man????

Never mind that the average MNA here gets a salary of over 130k/yr, "works" 3 months out of that year, if by 'working' we mean arguing like kids on the playground, and will ALSO retire at a ridiculously young age with a very hefty retirement 'bonus'....

Or how about all of those lovely companies coming in from the US and overseas setting up shop because they are being virtually PAID to be here by OUR gov't in the name of 'economic stimulation', through tax incentives, grants, low interest loans, etc. And then, when they decide to declare bankruptcy or that moving somewhere like Mexico, or China is more profitable for them...Off they skip, taking all of the jobs and economic stimulation WITH them, leaving an even BIGGER financial mess in their wake....
Not to mention more than a few unpaid debts, salaries, and confused and unemployed people, who were assured by our gov't that 'all was well'....

So yes, welfare fraud is bad.....But what passes for 'business' and 'legal' and 'fair' for those with ALL of the advantages and resources is downright putrid and disgusting....

Ironically, you can BET that welfare cheat WILL be hunted down in the name of 'restitution' and MADE to repay every cent or else face the consequences....Meanwhile GM, who played with the Canadian gov't REPEATEDLY to squeeze as MUCH as they could out of the 'deal' before taking their toys and going home....just reported a net income of 1.1 BILLION dollars in 2014....

Thanks...I'll take the welfare cheat ANY day....
 StarClassic
Msg: 424
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 4/11/2015 9:00:29 AM
Do I do drugs?
Hell F^cking No.
While it can be scary, life just doesn't frighten me that much.
 slowitalldown
Msg: 425
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 4/14/2015 12:17:07 PM
Hi Irish!!!

Long time no see, I must have been in the wrong forums!
 HUMHUMA
Msg: 426
view profile
History
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 3/16/2018 4:09:44 AM
LOL...MA drug of choice would be a woman's labia on MA tongue!.....lol....and no other than an occasional ibuprofen I don't indulge!
 MachIMustangII
Msg: 427
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 3/16/2018 6:36:08 AM
hell, the forum is addiction enough, look how many return.

Cellphones and FOMA could be a close second.
 trulyata
Msg: 428
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 3/16/2018 8:36:04 PM
The addiction dying out with the boards...but yea, there was a time they were very addictive.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Do you do drugs???