Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Do you do drugs???      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 wtf!!!!!!!!!
Msg: 52
Do you do drugs???Page 3 of 18    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18)
10) MARIJUANA USE HAS NO EFFECT ON MORTALITY:
A massive study of California HMO members funded by the National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA) found marijuana use caused no significant increase in mortality. Tobacco use was associated with increased risk of death. Sidney, S et al. Marijuana Use and Mortality. American Journal of Public Health. Vol. 87 No. 4, April 1997. p. 585-590. Sept. 2002.

9) HEAVY MARIJUANA USE AS A YOUNG ADULT WON'T RUIN YOUR LIFE:
Veterans Affairs scientists looked at whether heavy marijuana use as a young adult caused long-term problems later, studying identical twins in which one twin had been a heavy marijuana user for a year or longer but had stopped at least one month before the study, while the second twin had used marijuana no more than five times ever. Marijuana use had no significant impact on physical or mental health care utilization, health-related quality of life, or current socio-demographic characteristics. Eisen SE et al. Does Marijuana Use Have Residual Adverse Effects on Self-Reported Health Measures, Socio-Demographics or Quality of Life? A Monozygotic Co-Twin Control Study in Men. Addiction. Vol. 97 No. 9. p.1083-1086. Sept. 1997

8) THE "GATEWAY EFFECT" MAY BE A MIRAGE:
Marijuana is often called a "gateway drug" by supporters of prohibition, who point to statistical "associations" indicating that persons who use marijuana are more likely to eventually try hard drugs than those who never use marijuana - implying that marijuana use somehow causes hard drug use. But a model developed by RAND Corp. researcher Andrew Morral demonstrates that these associations can be explained "without requiring a gateway effect." More likely, this federally funded study suggests, some people simply have an underlying propensity to try drugs, and start with what's most readily available. Morral AR, McCaffrey D and Paddock S. Reassessing the Marijuana Gateway Effect. Addiction. December 2002. p. 1493-1504.

7) PROHIBITION DOESN'T WORK (PART I):
The White House had the National Research Council examine the data being gathered about drug use and the effects of U.S. drug policies. NRC concluded, "the nation possesses little information about the effectiveness of current drug policy, especially of drug law enforcement." And what data exist show "little apparent relationship between severity of sanctions prescribed for drug use and prevalence or frequency of use." In other words, there is no proof that prohibition - the cornerstone of U.S. drug policy for a century - reduces drug use. National Research Council. Informing America's Policy on Illegal Drugs: What We Don't Know Keeps Hurting Us. National Academy Press, 2001. p. 193.

6) PROHIBITION DOESN'T WORK (PART II):
DOES PROHIBITION CAUSE THE "GATEWAY EFFECT"?): U.S. and Dutch researchers, supported in part by NIDA, compared marijuana users in San Francisco, where non-medical use remains illegal, to Amsterdam, where adults may possess and purchase small amounts of marijuana from regulated businesses. Looking at such parameters as frequency and quantity of use and age at onset of use, they found no differences except one: Lifetime use of hard drugs was significantly lower in Amsterdam, with its "tolerant" marijuana policies. For example, lifetime crack cocaine use was 4.5 times higher in San Francisco than Amsterdam. Reinarman, C, Cohen, PDA, and Kaal, HL. The Limited Relevance of Drug Policy: Cannabis in Amsterdam and San Francisco. American Journal of Public Health. Vol. 94, No. 5. May 2004. p. 836-842.

5) OOPS, MARIJUANA MAY PREVENT CANCER (PART I):
Federal researchers implanted several types of cancer, including leukemia and lung cancers, in mice, then treated them with cannabinoids (unique, active components found in marijuana). THC and other cannabinoids shrank tumors and increased the mice's lifespans. Munson, AE et al. Antineoplastic Activity of Cannabinoids. Journal of the National Cancer Institute. Sept. 1975. p. 597-602.

4) OOPS, MARIJUANA MAY PREVENT CANCER, (PART II):
In a 1994 study the government tried to suppress, federal researchers gave mice and rats massive doses of THC, looking for cancers or other signs of toxicity. The rodents given THC lived longer and had fewer cancers, "in a dose-dependent manner" (i.e. the more THC they got, the fewer tumors). NTP Technical Report On The Toxicology And Carcinogenesis Studies Of 1-Trans- Delta-9-Tetrahydrocannabinol, CAS No. 1972-08-3, In F344/N Rats And B6C3F Mice, Gavage Studies. See also, "Medical Marijuana: Unpublished Federal Study Found THC-Treated Rats Lived Longer, Had Less Cancer," AIDS Treatment News no. 263, Jan. 17, 1997.

3) OOPS, MARIJUANA MAY PREVENT CANCER (PART III):
Researchers at the Kaiser-Permanente HMO, funded by NIDA, followed 65,000 patients for nearly a decade, comparing cancer rates among non-smokers, tobacco smokers, and marijuana smokers. Tobacco smokers had massively higher rates of lung cancer and other cancers. Marijuana smokers who didn't also use tobacco had no increase in risk of tobacco-related cancers or of cancer risk overall. In fact their rates of lung and most other cancers were slightly lower than non-smokers, though the difference did not reach statistical significance. Sidney, S. et al. Marijuana Use and Cancer Incidence (California, United States). Cancer Causes and Control. Vol. 8. Sept. 1997, p. 722-728.

2) OOPS, MARIJUANA MAY PREVENT CANCER (PART IV):
Donald Tashkin, a UCLA researcher whose work is funded by NIDA, did a case-control study comparing 1,200 patients with lung, head and neck cancers to a matched group with no cancer. Even the heaviest marijuana smokers had no increased risk of cancer, and had somewhat lower cancer risk than non-smokers (tobacco smokers had a 20-fold increased lung cancer risk). Tashkin D. Marijuana Use and Lung Cancer: Results of a Case-Control Study. American Thoracic Society International Conference. May 23, 2006.

1) MARIJUANA DOES HAVE MEDICAL VALUE:
In response to passage of California's medical marijuana law, the White House had the Institute of Medicine (IOM) review the data on marijuana's medical benefits and risks. The IOM concluded, "Nausea, appetite loss, pain and anxiety are all afflictions of wasting, and all can be mitigated by marijuana." While noting potential risks of smoking, the report added, "we acknowledge that there is no clear alternative for people suffering from chronic conditions that might be relieved by smoking marijuana, such as pain or AIDS wasting." The government's refusal to acknowledge this finding caused co-author John A. Benson to tell the New York Times that the government "loves to ignore our report … they would rather it never happened." Joy, JE, Watson, SJ, and Benson, JA. Marijuana and Medicine: Assessing the Science Base. National Academy Press. 1999. p. 159. See also, Harris, G. FDA Dismisses Medical Benefit From Marijuana. New York Times. Apr. 21, 2006
 AdvanceMan
Msg: 53
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 4/15/2009 2:56:28 PM
Most of this argument seems to center around marijuana, which some states have recently decriminalized- Massachusetts became the second state, I believe, decriminalizing marijuana up to an ounce during a vote that passed by a 2 to 1 ratio in 2008 (along with the abolition of greyhound racing).

Personally, I am not going to outright reject anyone for smoking up alone. It's their choice and their life. Everyone has what we perceive as flaws, nobody's perfect, and as long as they are redeemable in some way, and respectful, my friendship will encompass them. I don't need to have control over them. I only need to decide what's right for me. I have lots of friends who smoke. I do not understand the viewpoint of people who are so vindictive about people who smoke. It's nothing to lock someone up over (it's a waste of taxpayer money, hence why the above-mentioned vote passed in MA- which has often been the first to implement many things that the rest of the country has adopted, by the way).

Hazzare, I can understand why you might be upset that someone lit up in your car without asking first. It is disrespectful to assume that ANYTHING is okay to do in the presence of others when it falls outside of a culture's social etiquette. If you want to know, then ask. That is what I say. I can also understand why you see dishonesty in people selecting 'no' in the drugs field in their profiles when they are users. I see the other side too though. I think the pot heads you have cited in your first post are the irresponsible kind. There are plenty of people who are lazy and unhygienic to begin with and then take up smoking pot because it appeals to them. I don't like hanging around those kinds of people either. But this does not mean that everyone who smokes is lazy and/or stupid. Life is full of risks, and all of us choose the ones we want to take according to what we value.

By no means am I saying that marijuana is not (unofficially) a cultural norm, however- By far, most of the people I know have at least tried it (about 9 out of 10 on average) and many of them have gone on to be very successful and live a good life. Maybe it varies from place to place. I don't know. I can only go on my experience. Anyway, I don't think it's a big deal when people smoke it as long as they are contributing their fair share to society and are using it responsibly.

Despite my tolerance of marijuana smokers, I HAVE NOT, DO NOT and WILL NOT associate with anyone who does heroin or cocaine. These are drugs that are VERY harmful in a mental, spiritual, and physical way.

There are plenty of people who abuse legal prescription and other types of drugs, as has been pointed out already. Salvia is legal and it is said to be a powerful hallucinogen. Morning glory is also legal and is classified as psychedelic. How and why are they still legal? I don't know, but they are and some people choose to do them.

Regardless of what you decide to do, you should always educate yourself before doing it. Manufacturers put aspartame in lots of sugar-free foods and drinks- aspartame is a neurotoxin. Manufacturers were also putting heavy metals in vaccination needles not even two decades ago. That's right, the same government telling you marijuana is bad for you is also poisoning your children by allowing these contaminated vaccination needles, aspartame, unregulated GMOs (genetically modified foods which are NEVER tested before being sold to consumers), unsafe medications whose side effects are worse than the disease they are supposed to be treating, and other products we still don't know the effects of to be sold to consumers without ANY warning whatsoever from the companies making them. Why do you think all of these mystery epidemics are popping up everywhere? The answer is that there is no regulation and consequently, virtually no enforcement in food safety.

Hazzare, what is your opinion of the Native American tribes who used things like Peyote for ritualistic and spiritual purposes? Is it, perhaps, our culture's relationship with drugs that makes them bad? That is to say, the more popular reasons people do them? Think about it. Where do people learn to do drugs from? Other people who do drugs. In my opinion, cigarettes are a disrespectful use of tobacco, which Native Americans used, on occasion, to bring people together.

Anything that is powerful is dangerous, and drugs can certainly be powerful, as can firearms (but in a different way of course). If the power is in the right hands, it can be used responsibly and beneficially. If it is in the wrong hands, it can do harm and be used malevolently.

Just something to think about.

For what it's worth, Hazzare, I am a civil servant, I collect municipal taxes for my hometown. The military isn't for everyone. Thus, I found anther way to serve my country. I have, however, seven martial arts under my belt and I am still training, so if it comes down to it, I can certainly be of assistance to the military. I am also a Freemason and many of my friends are in law enforcement.

And no, I do not do "drugs," unless you count the occasional beer or mixed drink.
 hazzare
Msg: 54
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 4/15/2009 2:56:41 PM
Bravo sir,

Now find 10 valid arguments against marijuana (which there are plenty) and we have ourselves a bonafide discussion. You don't get to pick and choose. There are two sides to everything and if you want me to take your arguments seriously then accept that marijuana isn't flawless.
 psssst
Msg: 55
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 4/15/2009 3:03:50 PM

Now find 10 valid arguments against marijuana (which there are plenty) and we have ourselves a bonafide discussion. You don't get to pick and choose. There are two sides to everything and if you want me to take your arguments seriously then accept that marijuana isn't flawless.
I think you've misunderstood the format of a forum discussion... it goes along the lines of...

OP makes a statement and asks opinions sometimes voicing his own opinion in the opening post.

Forumite responds with own opinion (repeat varied number of times).

OP, in response to questions/queries asked by other forumites, responds often with facts to substantiate his/her opinion/claim.

Forumites counter with their own facts to substantiate their opinion/claim.

No where in the forum process does it state that derogatory or rude verbiage should be used as a foundation of truth nor do we have to prove your point...

Just sayin'...
 wtf!!!!!!!!!
Msg: 56
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 4/15/2009 3:15:04 PM
Well op, the government paid for all those results I post, they are in fact not stated to say marijauna is perfect and smoking anything can be somewhat harmful to ones lungs but let's face facts here. You are just pissed that the only date you have had in the last few years turned out to be a stoner. But you were too desparate to find out more about this girl before you rushed to meet her.
Also now that you have had to concede that you may actually be wrong about MJ you aren't man enough to admit to this forum and mostly to yourself that your opinion was told to you and wasn't based on anything of scientific or personal reference.
MJ was made illegal purely for political gain and fueled by racism. Are you a racist op?
The post with reference to how it became illegal is based on fact and if you actually got further than reading who put the report together and went to the links at the bottom of the page, you can read the transcripts of the discussion leading up to the vote.
You may also want to look into Mayor LaGuardia of New York City. He saw the federal law for what it was and conducted a five scientific study in his day that debunked the passing of the law.
Right now if we legalized pot we most likely would have to reduce our police forces because they would have too much time on their for lack of work and most likely be reduced to meter maids.
Your not in the army anymore and you should really start thinking for yourself and stop believing everything the government tells you.
Jump soldier!!! YESSIR how high!!!??????

Further more if we lagalized pot/hemp we could save a lot of trees. You those leafy things outside that provide air? But you might have a problem with tree huggers too?
 nebula22
Msg: 57
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 4/15/2009 3:28:10 PM
Hey there harebrain,,,, I was a BIKER before I became a peaceful HIPPIE.
Before I ever smoked any Pot, I was a Violent person and probably just as much an azzhole as you are.

I kicked peoples brains in for less than what your smartazz mouth has said..

I am Native american and was born in the south where people have Manners.
Please go back to where you left your brains and find them.
Stay off the medications too.
Either that or go get some meds..
You need something more than what your on.
Treat others with respect or get your smartazz kicked off this site. It's Your call.
:modhammer:
 oddandy
Msg: 58
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 4/15/2009 5:30:54 PM

I absolutely refuse to associate with people that use marijuana because it is illegal and whether you like it or not, that makes you a criminal.

Do you refuse to associate with people who like oral sex? It's still technically against the law in something like 23 states.

Good to know YOU'RE not a criminal
 oddandy
Msg: 59
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 4/15/2009 6:29:27 PM

There are countries outside of the Exciting States of America you know. In Canada, where I'm from, oral sex is not illegal; therefore I associate with whoever enjoys participating in that activity.

So would you refuse to associate with Americans who enjoy oral sex and live in a state where such things are still technically illegal, thus technically making them criminals?

I know all the American states and their capitals.

Making an assertion that can't be proven online (because, for all we know you could look them up and then post) does absolutely nothing to strengthen your argument or make you look "smarter." Nice try, kid

Hillbilly.

Canuck.

Gee, see how easy that is? I sure hope you're not really trying to look clever, here.
 AdvanceMan
Msg: 60
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 4/15/2009 7:19:37 PM
How to have a good day off:

Step 1:

Step 2:

Step 3:

OR (can be done in any order):

Uncle Fist
Msg: 61
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 4/15/2009 7:45:09 PM
Hazzareperson, a word of advice here. You might want to establish some kind of credibility with the posters before going off on a soap box. That's kind of important if you're trying to convert somebody to your way of thinking. Otherwise all you're doing is attacking them which is more likely to cause you get angry and blow a gasket than it is to get anyone to listen to you or consider your opinions.

Just a little dose of reality that you might want to take into consideration, though. The war on drugs is pointless. It's an unwinnable war. There will always be people partaking in recreational substances of their choice. Just as it didn't stop people from drinking during prohibition, you're not going to stop people from doing drugs.

So you basically have two choices here. You can either accept this and go on with your life. Or you can continue to tear your hair out and have a heart attack about it while people still continue to do drugs.
 music_fan
Msg: 62
view profile
History
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 5/3/2009 5:29:51 PM
I don't do illegal drugs never have, and, never will.
 TOMic bomb
Msg: 63
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 5/6/2009 7:16:32 PM
i think doing drugs can be forgiven if you're a teenager experimenting a couple of times with weed but when you get older there's no excuse whatsoever. doing weed or any illegal drugs will eventually land you in a place where you'll have plenty of time to think about the errors of your ways.

doing drugs is unpatriotic and unamerican.
 Fa que
Msg: 64
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 5/7/2009 1:57:23 PM
Wow...

That took about 1/2 hr to read the whole thread, but as I did I gained some respect for the patience of the posters despite the OP's continual diatribes with little to no real merit for his cause.

This is a contentious issue because of the generalizing and stereotyping that is rampant in sheeple. A lot of people will believe almost anything the hear or read because they lack the backbone to QUESTION it....

I will give the OP one fraction of credit for his vehemence on the topic... I would liken this OP to a pit-bull lock jawed on his own opinion. I wonder however if he has any real concept of how he appears to anyone here that has the ability to think for themselves.

I have YET to see how the OP can substantiate his distaste of mary-jane through witnessing some horror or other at the hands of someone who puffed a blunt?? Did the girl piss him off because she decided the only way to deal with the date was through a mood altering substance... I laugh at the thought of this poor girl thinking.. "oh shit, I better make something out of this evening, where is that roach???

Dude, you have made a fool of yourself in this thread and if you wish to redeem yourself in any way, maybe you could come up with an argument that really shows what the harm of marijuana use is?

I would suggest that masterbating creates some sort of pleasure in ones head.... not unlike a buzz from a drink, or a puff off a joint... and it is LEGAL... but DAMN i wouldn't want to see that happening everywhere.

LIGHT(en) UP.

Weed is here to stay. It is not harmless, but neither is crossing the street.
 monalee1
Msg: 65
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 5/7/2009 6:41:33 PM
hi.. I do not use mind and mood altering substances that are legal or illegal... I do not use prescription drugs either... I do use food as a drug sometimes but that is even at a minimal... I prefer to be wide awake and clear thinking, esp during these stressful times... I do not believe that substances enhance anyones life.. I believe that substances momentarily alter the way people view their lives and I see this as living a lie, even when done in small degrees... if you live in a lie you are at risk to start believing in your own lies.. if it gets the better of you then reality becomes the more frequent blurrrrrrrrrrrrrrr... blessings for health, clarity and assurance, warmly Mona
 SouthernGent-HD
Msg: 66
view profile
History
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 5/7/2009 8:26:23 PM
I can agree that drugs are illegal and sould be. However, we are not talking about DRUGS as a whole, we are talking about marujuana.

First of all, to state that the use and cultivation of marijuana is unpatriotc and unamerican is absurd. In the 17th century hemp was encouraged by the government in the production of rope, sails, and clothing; however, hemp use declined in the late eighteenth century. In the late nineteenth century, cannabis became a common ingredient in medicine and was openly sold at pharmacies. George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, and Benjamin Franklin were all producers of cannabis. The nations first paper mill was owned and opperated by Benjamin Franklin and produced paper exclusively from cannabis. The Declaration of Independence is printed on paper made from cannabis. I mean, the founding fathers of this country saw the potential of ccannabis and used it. I say its unAmerican and unpatriotic for cannabis to be illegal.

Secondly, the decision of the United States Congress to pass the Marihuana Tax Act of 1937 was based on hearings, reports and in part on testimony derived from articles in newspapers owned by William Randolph Hearst, who had significant financial interests in the timber industry, which manufactured his newsprint. Cannabis activist Jack Herer has researched DuPont and in his 1985 book The Emperor Wears No Clothes, Herer concluded DuPont played a large role in the criminalization of cannabis. In 1938, DuPont patented the processes for creating plastics from coal and oil and a new process for creating paper from wood pulp. If hemp would have been largely exploited, Herer believes it would have likely been used to make paper and plastic (nylon), and may have hurt DuPont’s profits. Andrew Mellon of the Mellon Bank was DuPont's chief financial backer and was also the Secretary of Treasury under the Hoover administration. Mellon appointed Harry J. Anslinger, who later became his nephew-in-law, as the head of the Bureau of Narcotics and Dangerous Drugs (FBNDD) and the Federal Bureau of Narcotics (FBN), where Anslinger stayed until 1962. In 1916, United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) chief scientists Jason L. Merrill and Lyster H. Dewe created paper made from hemp pulp, which they concluded was "favorable in comparison with those used with pulp wood in USDA Bulletin No. 404. In his book Herer summarized the findings of Bulletin No. 404.

USDA Bulletin No. 404, reported that one acre of hemp, in annual rotation over a 20-year period, would produce as much pulp for paper as 4.1 acres (17,000 m2) of trees being cut down over the same 20-year period. This process would use only 1/4 to 1/7 as much polluting sulfur-based acid chemicals to break down the glue-like lignin that binds the fibers of the pulp, or even none at all using soda ash. The problem of dioxin contamination of rivers is avoided in the hemp paper making process, which does not need to use chlorine bleach (as the wood pulp paper making process requires) but instead safely substitutes hydrogen peroxide in the bleaching process. ... If the new (1916) hemp pulp paper process were legal today, it would soon replace about 70% of all wood pulp paper, including computer printout paper, corrugated boxes and paper bags. Sounds a lot like the petroleum companies of today lobbying against green energy because of their loss of profit and established facilities. But i digress, that is a topic for another time.

My main point here is before you form an opinon on something, get the facts about it.
 itechman63
Msg: 67
view profile
History
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 5/7/2009 9:31:18 PM
What puzzles me here is what makes it "clear" that they toke marijuana from their profiles when they answer no to the profile question? Basing it only on appearances? If so, that's a massive character flaw.

You know, I think of the hundreds of "heads" I've known in my life and the maybe half dozen I know now and I can't think of a single one that has the serious emotional issues exhibited here.

If someone of such sociopathic tendencies saw a professional about said issues, that person would be prescribed tranquilizers so strong they'd be removed from the rest of functional society.
 sMb87
Msg: 68
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 5/8/2009 2:51:29 AM
Tried smoking marijuana for the first time at a party 6ish months ago at a friend's - she's a regular of it I guess.

But uuggh - I wouldn't do it again - didn't do much of anything for me annnd I'd rather not test out the legal system...

Annnd you have to be an I D I O T to be on addiction inducing drugs.
 sMb87
Msg: 69
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 5/8/2009 3:05:45 AM
And I wouldn't care if marijuana were legalized...(I still wouldn't do it.) seems as though the majority of the people who want it..acquire it... (good job America) ..so first things first.. the law practically fails.

..Its non-addicting and doesn't cause serious health problems... so hell - I say... if America has no problem supplying liquor and cigarettes to people which probably cause more serious health problems (both) and leads to all sorts of vehicular and other felonies and deaths (liquor) - both of which are addicting ... then do the intelligent thing and legalize marijuana (how is it worse - if not much better than the above mentioned) and in doing so divert millions+? that typically goes to law enforcement of that drug to something America needs more of. Not to mention - the legal selling will lead to millions/billions in tax profits.

I'd have to argue that those who strongly think marijuana should not be legalized should also be fighting to put a ban on cigarettes and the next prohibition on alcohol?

sMb87
Msg: 70
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 5/8/2009 3:10:19 AM
On another note - for our 4th year of college living in a townhouse...my good friend pulled in a friend he knew that went off to Iraq and came back all batty... anyways... that guy bought so many bottles of cough syrup and chugged them to get high. Just another fail...

I guess you could potentially say why add more legal bad habits to the nation but I dont think that would be a very good legal argument.

Just random thoughts...
 BubbaFitz
Msg: 71
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 5/8/2009 9:18:56 AM
You Know What...-
-
You can't reason with anyone on a DRUG do or don't topic.-
They'll lie right to you face and agree with you anyway's.-
People are unique in every way, and being human is a curse.-
Yes , i have taken "elegal" drugs, and liked Weed the most.-
But it went away just like my GI joes did....-
Expierimenting IS part of everyones life,,Be it fast cars, bunjee -
jumping , chased by the police or getting shot at by a crazy farmer-
that hates people swimming in there pond , yet the cattle crap in it.-
--
This topic will fuel alot of arguments and may never be resolved in-
our life times, yet its the less worry for me against the starving and dieing-
people of the world . Lets consentrate on that more , and then the aguement-
will feel more worthwile..You Get Me?????
 Belle Requin
Msg: 72
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 5/8/2009 12:07:18 PM
What I always find amusing is the sheeple who say "Dope doesn't lead to crime- I know, cuz I smoke it, and I don't commit crimes." Well, I happen to know many teens at the local youth detention centre who can attribute their presence there as a result of dope use. And most then just switch to alcohol or something harder when they get older.

The fact is, using a substance, be it alcohol or illicit drugs to zone out, get high, alter your mind, etc., isn't a healthy way to deal with stress. At least with alcohol, you can have a drink and not get buzzed- who smokes weed for anything other than to get a buzz? Personally, I just don't have respect for anyone who either can't deal with stress or who's life is so boring they need to get high.
 Connor-19
Msg: 73
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 5/8/2009 1:27:32 PM
Congralutations!

You:

1) Came here to preach
2) Came here with your mindset on all drugs are always 100% bad and can't have any positive effects
3) Categorize anyone who disagree with you to be moronic
4) Sound like an idiot, and need some social lessons

You also come here and tell us to grow up. I think you're the one who needs to grow up. First off you should realize that forums are a place to discuss topics. Not preach. Second you need to pick your words, and arguments better. The fact that you have painted a situation black and white with no exception proves your immaturity. A 3rd grader can argue like you can.

Oh and inB4: I must obviously do pot because I disagree with you.

Sorry, I also think it is stupid to do, but only in the form of trying to get retardedly stoned and get away from your irl problems. I see no problem with people doing pot if they had a stressful day and smoke a bowl or something. The reason why it is illegal is because 80% of the population can't use pot in a proper manner.
 wtf!!!!!!!!!
Msg: 74
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 5/8/2009 2:36:13 PM
Every time you watch a porn on the web you support violence drugs prostitution, and possibly the exploitation of children.
Every time you put gas in your car you support drugs, violence, and the starvation of children in third world countries and contribute to the ruination of nature.
Every time you buy something from china or taiwan you support violence drugs and the exploitation of children.
It's good to see the op has not decided to lose the image he has deemed worthy.

Dude!!!!! You are but a sheep. But perhaps it suits you. Somebody get the shears.

Have you noticed that all of the non partakers cannot come up with at least ONE reason as to why it is illegal?
Most of your arguments are comparable to a young child who say he doesn't like something but has never tried it. Try coming up with something remotely concrete and you may perhaps gain back bit of respect.
 Uncle Fist
Msg: 75
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 5/8/2009 2:56:55 PM

What I always find amusing is the sheeple who say "Dope doesn't lead to crime- I know, cuz I smoke it, and I don't commit crimes." Well, I happen to know many teens at the local youth detention centre who can attribute their presence there as a result of dope use. And most then just switch to alcohol or something harder when they get older.

I was actually expecting you to say, "Dope IS a crime." And I was totally going to give you props on that because it would be true.

But unfortunately, I have to poke holes in what you did say here. Just because the majority of teens in youth detention centers smoke pot does not mean that the majority of teens smoking pot are in youth detention centers. Your statement, while not untrue, is still misleading. There are plenty of others out there not causing anyone harm and simply sitting there in their rooms watching tv and eating everything in the fridge.

The fact is, using a substance, be it alcohol or illicit drugs to zone out, get high, alter your mind, etc., isn't a healthy way to deal with stress.

Overall, I agree.

However......

At least with alcohol, you can have a drink and not get buzzed- who smokes weed for anything other than to get a buzz?

How many people honestly drink not to get some form of a buzz? Some people drink with meals, yes, that's true. Alcohol has the advantage on that one being that it's a liquid and people tend to drink with meals whereas most of them don't generally smoke while eating.

But when not used in conjunction with eating, how many people really drink without the intention of taking the edge off? Even those that like to enjoy a nice cold one after a hard day's work. Yes, it's nice and cold and could be argued to even be refreshing. But above all else, it's relaxing. Because it gives you a buzz.

You drug users will never get it. The poor behaviour, violence, poverty, and burdened social programs all get traced back to drugs...of any sort (including marijuana). This is why it's illegal and wrong.

Actually, the reason hemp was originally outlawed was because it was a threat to the the paper industry. It had nothing to do with its health detriment or recreational value.
 wtf!!!!!!!!!
Msg: 76
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 5/8/2009 3:01:04 PM
Stop with the real facts already, they just do not want to know.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Do you do drugs???