Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Do you do drugs???      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 psssst
Msg: 101
Do you do drugs???Page 5 of 18    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18)
Psst- look where I live.
Pssst. You are talking to a person
I thought for a moment that I stepped into the twilight zone...

Since you are a fellow Canuck, I would assume you have a sense of humour...
Trust me... there are a lot of Canadians on here that have had their sense of humour surgically removed... probably with their tonsils like they use to remove adnoid glands...

I've seen them... it's not a pretty sight... *shudders*

Oh... yeah, on topic... *puff, puff... pass... PASS dammit!!!*
 spiritrayne
Msg: 102
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 5/14/2009 7:06:36 PM

One drink might not affect you in a very visible way but how about you blow a breathalyzer right after you finish that one drink and then tell me it has no effect.
Uh, breathalyzers are to measure the BAL content- unless your one drink was chugging a half mickey, or was a 1 oz drink and you're a 4'3 scrawny aboriginal woman, 1 drink is not going to put you over the limit. And in most jurisdictions, there are rules and timelines for breathalyzers- they ask you "have you had anything to eat or drink within the last 15 minutes? And they have you blow twice for comparisons, specifically to see if you recently consumed, and it hasn't been absorbed yet.

So- perhaps get more facts before you go throwing out half brained exuses as to how one drink can hurt.

Hmm yes I suppose you would be right...IF I had said that one drink hurts you. However, I am sure with your obvious intelligence you did see that I said" no effect" not hurt. And of course you do know that that is not the only situation where BAL would be high. Say like in a situation where the alcoholic has reached a saturation level that one or two drinks would put him over...at least that's what an addictions counselor confirmed for me...but who knows maybe you are smarter than the counselor. Or possibly another scenario where a person has an allergy? You tell me...

And I am sure that you also understand that when a tester is placed in a vehicle that it won't start if the driver has had one drink right? Even though the legal limit .08 in most provinces in Canada.

So yeah back to my original statement...tell me one drink has no effect.
 smitty_1959
Msg: 103
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 5/14/2009 10:15:24 PM
Most everything you rant about is just a good argument as to why "Pot" should be legalized. Take the criminal element out of it, let the goverment regulate it and tax it and let private business owners reap all the profits from it. Pretty simple solution if you ask me but the pharmacutical industry with their powerful lobbyists want nothing to do with legal pot because it directly affects their business. Our jails are filled with plain everyday folks busted for the "evil" weed while rapist, robbers, child molesters, and even murderers get lighter sentences. Where is there any justice in that?
 601kid
Msg: 104
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 5/14/2009 11:28:24 PM
i smoke pot but only for medicinal purposes. i have glaucoma and it makes my knees hurt really bad
 Beaugrand®™©
Msg: 105
view profile
History
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 5/15/2009 12:25:13 AM
I have to have my daily fix of metformin, glipizide, lisinopril and terazosin or the day goes really bad.
Glucosamine/chondroitin, lutein and saw palmetto takes the edge off. Also helps me sleep.
Gotta love the antioxidants and supplements I'm hooked on, too, I think they're mostly what's keeping me going.

I haven't had reefer in years, but it was the best analgesic I found for surgical pain recovery (muscle relaxer/antispasmodic properties), especially with valium.

It's too bad health care issues and pharmaceuticals are so politicized, but if poor people were healthy they might look around and realize how badly they've been had.
 buddhabadboy
Msg: 106
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 5/21/2009 8:01:08 PM
ohhhh i'm sooo happy i met you!
hmmm oh lawd, where do I begin.
be nice now, be nice. (whispering to myself)

can you please share where you got the information that drugs are bad in "any form"?
since the focus is on Marijuana, and not the man made substances...
sorry to burst your bubble, but marijuana has no proven damaging affects.
(i will admit everything in moderation)
me thinks you were brainwashed by the government videos, like the "Reefer Madness"
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6696582420128930236

I read and re-read your posting, and I got nothing but intense negativity.
So i have to ask, where you dating a pothead?
Maybe that person was smoking all the time, because they were trying to escape from something?
and you couldn't understand them?
again, everything in moderation.

Some of us, such as myself, don't view it as a drug, because its a weed!
its a simple plant, that grows everywhere in the world.

Some of us, are Psychonauts who use it, to help understand this existence we live in.
That might be a weird or alien word for you, so I'll provide a simple and understandable link for you:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychonaut

perhaps, your just one of those government forum people that like to spread lame information..
anyways. me thinks you've learned by now...

peace
 AdvanceMan
Msg: 107
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 5/21/2009 8:08:16 PM
I can't believe this topic is still going...
 Ima_goofball
Msg: 108
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 8/7/2009 1:35:14 AM
No,

but reading through some of these posts on here, I think I might start.
 Byrd
Msg: 109
view profile
History
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 8/10/2009 10:08:28 AM
Since smoking marijuana is such an issue I think it should be a question on the profile, right under do you drink alcohol? It's also considered medication in some places...I'm in so much pain right now I'd shoot heroin and I've never done that..
 granz
Msg: 110
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 8/10/2009 10:12:59 AM
I don't personally care what other people put in their own bodies. It's not my place to make decisions for anyone but myself.

That said, I have never touched drugs, alcohol or cigarettes in my life -- not even to experiment with. Just never had the curiousity to bother with it, since it seems pointless.
 monalee1
Msg: 111
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 8/10/2009 11:45:41 AM
hi.. no I do not do drugs, prescription, street, illegal or fda approved... I understand what drives people to want to alter their mind/clarity yet I can not subscribe to that behaviour anymore.. I want to be present and aware, things are plenty funny just walking around straight... drugs/alcohol have never added anything better to my character and personality and they have never produced better results in my life... they add to the toxic burdens on my systems so um no.... many blessings
 *Sassy Redhead*
Msg: 112
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 8/11/2009 10:38:51 AM
Let's see...I do Claritan(allergies), Claritan D (when I'm really stuffed up), One A Day Vitamins/Vitamin B 12 (I'm getting older and need supplements),coffee (one mocha a day), alcohol occasionally, and Aleve (when minor aches and pains get in the way). I think that covers the extent of my drug use...Can I still mark no on my profile? *bats eyelashes*

I'm curious as to why the rant against pot smokers? Did you have some bad meets with pot heads?
 Gangster Kitten
Msg: 113
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 8/11/2009 10:53:39 AM
Your Mommy tells you to not do drugs because they're bad, and then she'll go to the kitchen and pop anti-depressants because she can't deal with her problems.

It's kinda funny how recreational drugs are evil, yet this country is dictated economically by pharmacutical DRUG companies. And then, some recreational drugs are bad, but legal - though others aren't. Why? I'm just curious what it is about THC(the active drug in marijuana) that denotes it being illegal as opposed to Alcohol or even Tobacco. Both drugs are actually more addictive than marijuana. Is it that? Heroin, Cocaine, LSD... All illegal too, obviously because they're so self-destructive. But alcohol rots your liver. Tobacco mutates your lungs. All these drugs have harmful side effects, as do medical drugs. Anti-Psychotic drugs administered to paranoid schizophrenics is wildly known to slowly destroy the patient's central nervous system, as an example.

And now, back to pharmacutical pain-killers and anti-depressants that are legal drugs being administered. Sure these are for medical purposes, but serve essentially the same purpose a lot of people engage in recreational drugs. To escape. Mom isn't feeling well, down in the dumps... She goes to the doctor and gets some pills to make her "feel better."

We're a society addicted to drugs. From Caffeine, to medicated drugs, to pot, to cocaine.
 Byrd
Msg: 114
view profile
History
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 8/11/2009 2:39:34 PM
Well hazzare, you drink so your a friggen drug addict too...I picture you sitting there with a big old tube of Ben Gay wacking your pudd as you get off putting others down....HA,HA,HA,HA...Good for you!!! Cheers fellow drug addict!
 Mxchic
Msg: 115
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 8/11/2009 3:03:04 PM
Everybody does drugs! The question does not specify if it is referring to legal or illegal drugs, it simply states drugs. If you take asprin, you are doing drugs. If you are on a prescription painkiller, you are doing drugs. If you have asthma and need an inhaler, you are doing drugs. I could go on and on and on.

Therefore everybody who says to doing drugs on their profile is lying. I am lying too because sometimes, I do drugs. When I have cramps or get done riding my dirtbike, I take motrin (a drug....). When I have a cold, I go to the pharmacy (legal house of drugs.....) and sign off on some behind the counter cold relievers (they're now found behind the counter in a piss-poor effort to keep cold medications out of the hands of meth maker's since it is a key component in the illegal "compounding" of methamphetamine). That's pretty much it, well except for alcohol and the morning cups of coffee.....

Let's talk about the problem with prescription drugs! Do your kids know what oxycotin is? Those pills are worth $$ on the street and if your poor little latch-key kid happens to find them in the cupboard, crush them up and snort them, he/she'll become addicted quite rapidly! If it don't kill him/her. OR maybe the millions of Americans who are taking anti-depressants and anti-anxiety drugs???? Ever dated one of them? People, the key to depression and anxiety is getting off your azz and doing something with yourself. Read some books, learn something about the human critter and how it operates and apply that knowledge to yourself. You don't feel like living? Here's a trick, jump on a horse and when you start to fall off, do you grab and hold on for dear life or do you just fall like a dirtclod? If you hold on, guess what? You're not ready to go yet. Something in you wants to live. Recognize your awesomeness and revel in it!

oh well, it's always worked for me!

BTW OP, I recommend you do some pot because you are really pi$$y and uptight and sound like you need something to take the edge off. Good lord so some dumb broad lit up a joint in your car, get over it! So what! Would you have been as upset if she drank too much and puked in your car instead? Try dating some jackazz on painkillers, alcohol and (whatever else he could get his hands on)....now that was an experience I wouldn't wish on even you!
 Mxchic
Msg: 116
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 8/11/2009 3:47:23 PM
I'm also a critical thinker and the question begs to be refined so that such controversy may be avoided in the future. Perhaps there should be two questions. One regarding legal drugs and one regarding illegal drugs. That way we can all rest easier knowing that our fish are safe and sane...legally or illegally!
 Byrd
Msg: 117
view profile
History
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 8/12/2009 9:24:42 AM
The man is too busy sticking it to us to care weather or not were trying to stick it to him...Personally I would not want to stick anything to a man...Unique huh?
 avpd
Msg: 118
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 8/12/2009 10:19:53 AM

For fvck sake. The profile asks all sorts of other "intrusive" questions; the vast majority of people answer in detail, so what is so difficult about admitting who you are and what you do in relation to drug use (illegal). It's not like the FBI is going to storm your home because you answered "Yes.

But your employer could find out about it and fire you. I think they shouldn't even have that question on the profile. Not many people are going to tell the truth.
 Uncle Fist
Msg: 119
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 8/12/2009 1:59:17 PM
^It's true. And fortunately, many employers are becoming more compassionate and understanding about it so users don't have to feel the need to hide it. Many companies now provide their employees with a room where they can go to take drug breaks at work. They actually treat them better than the smokers who still have to stand outside.
 jmim
Msg: 120
view profile
History
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 8/12/2009 2:14:43 PM
If marijuana is so great and harmless why:
-do we teach our children to avoid drugs like the plague?
1. Because marijuana can mess up your math scores.
-do employers avoid weed users?
2. Because employers like people who follow orders.
Abiding the law is part of following orders.
-is almost all street crime related to drug use (weed included)?
3. The birth of organized crime was during prohibition when alcohol
was made illegal. Legalize drugs and those drug empires will crumble.
-do people still feel the need to conceal their habit?
4. Because you can get arrested, and thrown in jail.
All for putting a substance in your body. It might be mind altering...
But don't we have the freedom to control what we think?

I don't smoke marijuana. But I am not against it.
I am not against drugs. The mind works on chemicals.
The mind itself is ALWAYS on drugs.
 Gangster Kitten
Msg: 121
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 8/12/2009 9:21:12 PM

It's true. And fortunately, many employers are becoming more compassionate and understanding about it so users don't have to feel the need to hide it. Many companies now provide their employees with a room where they can go to take drug breaks at work. They actually treat them better than the smokers who still have to stand outside.

Hey Jill! After our staff meeting, wanna snort cocaine off my ass crack in the break room?

- A situation I'm sure every white collar American has to deal with every day of their lives at work.
 Tarah0128
Msg: 122
view profile
History
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 8/13/2009 4:33:38 PM
Does chronic pot smoking give guys a limp willy?

ripley65
Msg: 123
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 8/14/2009 2:37:11 PM

Do you do drugs???

Nope. I do not touch street drugs nor do i smoke pot.

And as for my profile; sorry, I'm not going to list on the front page of my profile on a public website that I have smoked. That would make me stupid.

Why not? You've admitted to it on the first page of this forum which btw, is now a part of your forum history. So you smoke pot and you lie. Nice.
 packleader
Msg: 124
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 8/14/2009 3:35:42 PM
I certainly dont do drugs but,I will say that as a youngster that I was drugged......Yes indeed my parents drug me to church,drug me to family outings,drug me to school when I did not have a desire to go,drug me out of bed on weekends to do all kinds of nasty stuff like cleaning the yard,and to top it all off when I misbehaved my Mother would give my Dad a funny look and he drug me off to the woodshed~~~~~~~
 packleader
Msg: 125
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 8/14/2009 10:05:35 PM
"What the hell are you laughing at...there is no such word as "drug" in the context you were using it pal. In every instance of your hilarious little paragraph, the word to use would be "dragged." Even if it did make sense, that would have been one of the stupidest things I've ever heard."

I have recieved your reply to my post above. I am impressed by the fact that a young whipper-snapper such as yourself has taken the time to respond to my levity.I thank you for that .
However,since there are some 50,000 folks that I have to reply to I will attempt to make this as simple for you to understand as possible.Having said that....I must plead confusion.

Before attempting to deal with your problem,I must confess I find it unclear,nebulous,enigmatic,disengenuous,murky,puzzling,eversional,adamantine,unintelligible,foggy,metamorphical,nescient,and possible reductio ad adsurdum..

I suggest you translate,redefine,requadrate,repostulate,explain more lucidly,expand,expurgate the pleonams and the protean,pusillanimous propositions you have propounded.

I have the feeling that I am dealing with a pompous pursuivant who is engaged in over- zealous obfuscation.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Do you do drugs???