Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Do you do drugs???      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 DonkeyPimp
Msg: 126
view profile
History
Do you do drugs???Page 6 of 18    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18)

And I'm supposed to feel ashamed for wasting my life as a burn out?]

No, you're supposed to tell the truth on your profile.

Just kidding. Truth is overrated! Any chick who expects you to tell the truth is probably a bore anyway, right?

Hey guys, I've been wondering. For those of you who use marajuana and still say on your profiles that you don't do drugs, would you do the same thing if you were using anabolic steriods?

Are steroids a "drug" if MJ isn't?
 Fa que
Msg: 127
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 5/14/2009 5:57:26 AM
Hasn't the point been beaten like a stepchild??? (kidding... slow down)

It always comes back to the fanatics that think MJ is a gateway drug, foaming at the mouth about "it's illegal" (can't help but think of reefer madness here) and then some wonderfully articulate responses from the COUGH dopers COUGH.

Take it from me, I don't do much puffing anymore because I do not enjoy the effects the way I used to years ago, but I have had some wonderful brownies and enjoyed the effects immensely (always in the right environment, and not using any motorized vehicles).

Would I say I "do" drugs? Nope. Not a chronic and all others are taboo to me. Make me a hypocrite? Maybe but I don't care what anyone here thinks of me.

What I find maddening is that the US Jail system is OVERFLOWING with people who did nothing more than enjoy some weed .... It’s asinine to me. I hear PRISON is BIG BUSINESS.... makes ya wonder why it is illegal.
 funky_phantom
Msg: 128
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 5/14/2009 6:27:54 AM
No,officer,I don't....
 DonkeyPimp
Msg: 129
view profile
History
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 5/14/2009 6:32:20 AM

.... foaming at the mouth about "it's illegal"

Sorry, I was having a bit of a roid-rage there for a second. I don't do drugs, honest. Boy Scout's honor. And if you call me a liar, I'll TEAR YOUR ARMS OFF AND BEAT YOU TO DEATH WITH THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Seriously though, I'm just curious what the tokers think about calling other drugs non-drugs on their profiles. Afterall, anabolic steriods are seen by many in the same light as marajuana is - that they aren't "real" drugs. Just like many marajuana users I've met, steroids abusers would often never think to call themselves drug addicts, for the simple reason that they don't really see steroids as "drugs". The only real "drugs" to them are things like heroin and cocaine, both of which they would allegedly never touch.

And the marajuana users I've read on this forum are far more intelligent than any I've ever met in real life. The ones I've spoken to offline are mostly far below average - they could barely understand an argument like this one, much less attempt a reply to it.

So I'm asking the smart ones , like some of the ones who've posted in this thread.
 JaYson096
Msg: 130
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 5/14/2009 7:06:57 AM
I know rules say its wrong to spam, But I would really like it if you could bring your views of substance abuse to my website. I was reading what all of you had to say and some I can agree with, Others I can't. Please come visit.

http://www.rocbottom.info
 Fa que
Msg: 131
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 5/14/2009 7:07:11 AM
^^^ DonkeyKong... (There is a game us old stoners used to play after a good puff)

I was thinking about your question and I think you need to qualify it more before I can respond. I don't think of steroids and Marijuana as being that closely linked. When I think of steroid use I think of the muscle heads at my gym that seem to always be there (no work?? Sellin weed??) And how they look so funny with their massive upper torsos and sticks for legs...

I think if you want to get into a dialogue about linking "drugs" then a closer example would be Alcohol and Marijuana. I do not liken steroids or their use to the use of the other two.

I think that the "field" about drug use on your profile is an enigma. Not unlike all the other sections to be filled out, there is a subjective-ness that can apply (or be applied) by the person who owns the profile. The whole "body type" thing has been discussed to death... the "occasional" smoker thing....
All of it depends on ones interpretation of the meaning and importance of listing it on a dating website profile...
 DonkeyPimp
Msg: 132
view profile
History
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 5/14/2009 7:24:04 AM

I don't think of steroids and Marijuana as being that closely linked.

The link I make is that they're both semi-legal(in my state, you can get prescriptions for both), they're both said to be harmless and even beneficial by their users, and they're both said to not really be addictive. Can you say any of that for alcohol?

I haven't read those threads about body type. I don't think it's all that similar, mainly because body type really is about how you see yourself - when I look at that category(especially in profiles with pictures, or if I meet up with the woman later), the most important thing it tells me about her is how she sees herself. If you use steroids or marajuana, there's no self-perception that can alter the truth there. Kinda like being "a little bit pregnant". You either are or you aren't.
 Fa que
Msg: 133
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 5/14/2009 7:32:40 AM

If you use steroids or marajuana, there's no self-perception that can alter the truth there

Cut and dry.... you are absolutely correct!

So it is simple. On do you use drugs, anyone who has or might or does once in a year should put YES. Right? Black and white!

I wish life was always this simple.
Maybe we need to create more options in those feilds??? Like;

For the drug catagory.
Yes I smoke weed
Yes I am a crackhead
Yes I do a rail or two, but only on days that end in "y"
Yes I drink 40's till I puke
Yes I once wore my undies OUTSIDE my pants
 Belle Requin
Msg: 134
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 5/14/2009 7:41:16 AM

One drink might not affect you in a very visible way but how about you blow a breathalyzer right after you finish that one drink and then tell me it has no effect.
Uh, breathalyzers are to measure the BAL content- unless your one drink was chugging a half mickey, or was a 1 oz drink and you're a 4'3 scrawny aboriginal woman, 1 drink is not going to put you over the limit. And in most jurisdictions, there are rules and timelines for breathalyzers- they ask you "have you had anything to eat or drink within the last 15 minutes? And they have you blow twice for comparisons, specifically to see if you recently consumed, and it hasn't been absorbed yet.

So- perhaps get more facts before you go throwing out half brained exuses as to how one drink can hurt.
 Fa que
Msg: 135
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 5/14/2009 7:44:44 AM

4'3 scrawny aboriginal woman

YIKES....

Now all the pigmy aborigonal women are gonna be up in arms. Which I guess isn't that big of a deal since they are so small... I mean really, how long can their arms be anyway?

Did you smoke a bowl before you posted this? Why bring a "creed" into your "weed" thread?
 mrgreen
Msg: 136
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 5/14/2009 1:59:22 PM
I use and my profile says I use. Pot is my drug of choice and I use it socially. For me it has never been a gateway drug. I don't expect others in my company to participate. I would never spark up a joint or tobacco for that matter in someone elses car, or home if it wasn't cool. If people are uncomfortable, I'll step away for a bit, partake and come back. I've held senior management positions my entire working career. I would never come to work stoned, nor would I come to work drunk. I'm a moderate imbiber and would say that most would have no idea that I had even had a toke. I was in a discussion recently with a undercover Mountie I met socially and the de-criminalization of pot came up, most of the cliches were thrown around, gateway drug, loafers, lazy stoners etc. When the evening ended I shook his hand and said I had enjoyed our chat (and I had) and I had been stoned the entire time.......

I don't get falling down drunk and I don't get falling down stoned either.

Peace
Mr Green
 psssst
Msg: 137
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 5/14/2009 2:17:34 PM

If you use steroids or marajuana, there's no self-perception that can alter the truth there.
So if I use a steroid inhaler such as Becloforte for the treatment of asthma... I would then have to claim that I do drugs in my profile?

Exactly where does the line get drawn...

Kinda like being "a little bit pregnant". You either are or you aren't.
I'll call you later and we can discuss my having a little attack of PMS...
 Uncle Fist
Msg: 138
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 5/14/2009 2:31:55 PM
Good question about steroids. I suppose that depends on who you ask. Most juicers probably wouldn't consider it using drugs. And honestly, I don't even think most sports fans really consider it using drugs so much as just cheating.

But I'm sure there are plenty of others that would argue it's a drug and should be categorized as such.

Personally, I'm not sure. I'd have to think about that a little bit.
 Belle Requin
Msg: 139
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 5/14/2009 3:06:40 PM
Now all the pigmy aborigonal women are gonna be up in arms
Psst- look where I live. In Cda, we refer to the "indigenous population" as aboriginal. "Indian" and Native have gone out of style. And sadly, there's research that suggests our aboriginal peoples do not metabolize alcohol the same as people of European descent. It's inconclusive, but means there's a distinct possibility that a 4'3 scrawny aboriginal may not metabolise alcohol as quickly as a 4'3 scrawny white woman. Andy my example of course was trying to create someone likely to have a high BAL after one drink.

Did you smoke a bowl before you posted this? Why bring a "creed" into your "weed" thread?
Hardly. I have nothing but disdain for tokers, and would never partake. However, if you smoked a bowl, that might explain why you seem to think my post had anything to do at all with a creed, which it clearly didn't.
 Uncle Fist
Msg: 140
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 5/14/2009 3:16:53 PM

It's really sad that so many of you have allowed substances to take over your lives. The fact that your primary method of "relaxing" involves getting high is pathetic. Drug use is for the weak.

I suggest you all look back in time and examine your lives. I suspect that the reason 100% of people started using drugs was to feel "badass" and to rebel against social norms and order. No 12-18 year old kid researches the history, pros, cons, and health effects of marijuana (to make an informed and "wise" decision) before taking their first toke. This is totally understandable and attributed to youthful folly. However, there is a time to grow up, put it behind you, and start setting examples and being a role model for the next generations. Just because your experience with drugs seems harmless does not mean it is the same for everyone. Using marijuana is an immature, childish activity. Be mature and grow up.

Hallelujah! I have seen the light! Thank you, kind sir, for opening my eyes.
 down/colorful/hill
Msg: 141
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 5/14/2009 3:57:45 PM
I respect moderate and thoughtful civil disobedience!
 rickxyz
Msg: 142
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 5/14/2009 4:24:06 PM

I suggest you all look back in time and examine your lives. I suspect that the reason 100% of people started using drugs was to feel "badass" and to rebel against social norms and order.
- what garbage, people do it because it feels good, like sex and beer.

Using marijuana is an immature, childish activity. Be mature and grow up.
- yeah grow up like all the adults who drink!
 Fa que
Msg: 143
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 5/14/2009 4:31:11 PM

Psst- look where I live. In Cda, we refer to the "indigenous population" as aboriginal. "Indian" and Native have gone out of style. And sadly, there's research that suggests our aboriginal peoples do not metabolize alcohol the same as people of European descent. It's inconclusive, but means there's a distinct possibility that a 4'3 scrawny aboriginal may not metabolise alcohol as quickly as a 4'3 scrawny white woman. Andy my example of course was trying to create someone likely to have a high BAL after one drink.

Hardly. I have nothing but disdain for tokers, and would never partake. However, if you smoked a bowl, that might explain why you seem to think my post had anything to do at all with a creed, which it clearly didn't.

Pssst. You are talking to a person VERY familiar with who aborigonals are and I was insulted FOR them with your comment. And here you make it even worse by threepeating it. Shame on you!

As for your disdain, I would suggest there would be much better targets for it than people who puff once in a while.
As for me smoking, haven't in many many moons... I was making a joke. Since you are a fellow Canuck, I would assume you have a sense of humour... although your province could be a little "backwards"
 HiyafromFL
Msg: 144
view profile
History
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 5/14/2009 5:38:56 PM

I'm not going to list on the front page of my profile on a public website that I have smoked. That would make me stupid.

game. set. match.

There are just some things you don't share openly with the world. Admitting it to an individual person who is interested in you? Absolutely, you have to be honest about that, but no way will I just leave that up for anyone to see.

While I'm thinking about it the op should look up some statistics on alcohol and deaths related to drunk driving, murders from alcohol induced rage or heck, just drunken bar fights and of course, alcohol poisoning. Then go try to find stats on marijuana and deaths of any nature related, then get back to me. I'm waiting for a good laugh on the safer, more responsible alternative here.

also just gonna take a sec here to toot my own horn, 5 days now, no smoke! (doesn't sound like much but its alot easier to deal with now)
 psssst
Msg: 145
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 5/14/2009 6:18:43 PM
Psst- look where I live.
Pssst. You are talking to a person
I thought for a moment that I stepped into the twilight zone...

Since you are a fellow Canuck, I would assume you have a sense of humour...
Trust me... there are a lot of Canadians on here that have had their sense of humour surgically removed... probably with their tonsils like they use to remove adnoid glands...

I've seen them... it's not a pretty sight... *shudders*

Oh... yeah, on topic... *puff, puff... pass... PASS dammit!!!*
 spiritrayne
Msg: 146
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 5/14/2009 7:06:36 PM

One drink might not affect you in a very visible way but how about you blow a breathalyzer right after you finish that one drink and then tell me it has no effect.
Uh, breathalyzers are to measure the BAL content- unless your one drink was chugging a half mickey, or was a 1 oz drink and you're a 4'3 scrawny aboriginal woman, 1 drink is not going to put you over the limit. And in most jurisdictions, there are rules and timelines for breathalyzers- they ask you "have you had anything to eat or drink within the last 15 minutes? And they have you blow twice for comparisons, specifically to see if you recently consumed, and it hasn't been absorbed yet.

So- perhaps get more facts before you go throwing out half brained exuses as to how one drink can hurt.

Hmm yes I suppose you would be right...IF I had said that one drink hurts you. However, I am sure with your obvious intelligence you did see that I said" no effect" not hurt. And of course you do know that that is not the only situation where BAL would be high. Say like in a situation where the alcoholic has reached a saturation level that one or two drinks would put him over...at least that's what an addictions counselor confirmed for me...but who knows maybe you are smarter than the counselor. Or possibly another scenario where a person has an allergy? You tell me...

And I am sure that you also understand that when a tester is placed in a vehicle that it won't start if the driver has had one drink right? Even though the legal limit .08 in most provinces in Canada.

So yeah back to my original statement...tell me one drink has no effect.
 Devato
Msg: 147
view profile
History
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 5/14/2009 7:28:15 PM
I have had that same spell yelled at me by my dare officer when i was younger. than he did coke and drank and killed himself. street crime revolves around what is most wanted and weed is one of them yes. but i have to ask you what if it was legal. sold like cigs or boozes would that make it a little more sound for you. look i have been to the grimist and most disgusting places on this planet and i know how the gutter works. you make pot legal and ALOT of crime will cease to exsist. like it never happened dealers will go under and trafficing would be lowered. and i really dont know what kinda pothead losers you know but i speech perfectly fine my mind is in tact and if i dont over do it that day you wouldnt even know the difference. its funny the way you descibed the potheads you know is exactly how all the homeless drunks act. weird hmm? booze is destroys your liver you kidneys your central nervous system(mind alterning!!!) and your heart and lungs. you know how i know that. because thats how my father died from booze. so you can ether do the smart thing even if you dont smoke and vote to legalize the damn plant or you can be like all the other thick headed people out there that belive its some kinda devils seed. O and the state will be able to get the drugs that kill you like idk

Coccain
meth
pcp
crack
herion
pills(like oxys)
angel dust
ect.
ah and this is gotta be freaking said. you can kill yourself on booze by drinking to much thats overdoseing like a drug. now tell me who has overdosed on 3.5 grams of weed??? or ever an oz. please tell me.
 DonkeyPimp
Msg: 148
view profile
History
Do you do drugs??? A few responses in one, just to avoid the 2/10 post limit
Posted: 5/14/2009 9:53:45 PM
First reply is to my new hero - fa que(me too, by the way):

Yes I once wore my undies OUTSIDE my pants

Does it count if I was 10 years old a the time? You still left me some wiggle room there. A little too much NyQuil and I thought I was Superman - wore the kitchen tablecloth as a cape and had my undies outside my pants.

Parents, I bid you, don't let the tikes toke too much from the NyQuil Bottle. That sh!t is 140 proof!

Next reply reserved for the psssssssst with the right number of "s"es.

If you use steroids or marajuana, there's no self-perception that can alter the truth there.

So if I use a steroid inhaler such as Becloforte for the treatment of asthma... I would then have to claim that I do drugs in my profile?

Exactly where does the line get drawn...

I'm pretty sure the question revolved around legality. I doubt Admin wanted you to tell potential mates whether or not you'd taken aspirin "socially" or "occasionally", thereby causing yourself to wear your undies outside your pants. On the other hand, who knows? Maybe the idea was to let people admit to the world that they Prozac their way to cloud 9? That their shiny happy toothy grin is only so scary because it was assembled courtesy of enough tranquilizers to kill a racehorse?

Next one, I hadn't noticed until someone claimed it as a symbol of victory.

I'm not going to list on the front page of my profile on a public website that I have smoked. That would make me stupid.

game. set. match.

There are just some things you don't share openly with the world. Admitting it to an individual person who is interested in you? Absolutely, you have to be honest about that, but no way will I just leave that up for anyone to see.

I guess that's a good point. Being too honest upfront with the wrong people can be a bad idea. Maybe Admin should add another question - the question we get asked when crossing the state line back into California, "Do you have anything to declare?", to which I usually respond with the song "Valkyrie, Valkyrah".

No one gets me.
 smitty_1959
Msg: 149
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 5/14/2009 10:15:24 PM
Most everything you rant about is just a good argument as to why "Pot" should be legalized. Take the criminal element out of it, let the goverment regulate it and tax it and let private business owners reap all the profits from it. Pretty simple solution if you ask me but the pharmacutical industry with their powerful lobbyists want nothing to do with legal pot because it directly affects their business. Our jails are filled with plain everyday folks busted for the "evil" weed while rapist, robbers, child molesters, and even murderers get lighter sentences. Where is there any justice in that?
 DonkeyPimp
Msg: 150
view profile
History
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 5/14/2009 10:21:55 PM
There is no justice. It's enough to make a guy want to have a 'roid rage.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Do you do drugs???