Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Do you do drugs???      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ripley65
Msg: 176
Do you do drugs???Page 8 of 18    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18)

Do you do drugs???

Nope. I do not touch street drugs nor do i smoke pot.

And as for my profile; sorry, I'm not going to list on the front page of my profile on a public website that I have smoked. That would make me stupid.

Why not? You've admitted to it on the first page of this forum which btw, is now a part of your forum history. So you smoke pot and you lie. Nice.
 Not The Cable Guy
Msg: 177
view profile
History
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 8/14/2009 2:52:25 PM

Breathe? I'd love to, but every time I try I keep getting lungs full of weed smoke. It's a fvcking epidemic.

Now that'sfunny... Just stay right where you are; and keep breathing...
 packleader
Msg: 178
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 8/14/2009 3:35:42 PM
I certainly dont do drugs but,I will say that as a youngster that I was drugged......Yes indeed my parents drug me to church,drug me to family outings,drug me to school when I did not have a desire to go,drug me out of bed on weekends to do all kinds of nasty stuff like cleaning the yard,and to top it all off when I misbehaved my Mother would give my Dad a funny look and he drug me off to the woodshed~~~~~~~
 Not The Cable Guy
Msg: 179
view profile
History
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 8/14/2009 9:27:41 PM

What the hell are you laughing at...there is no such word as "drug" in the context you were using it pal....

Aw, now dude... A little bit o' levity never hurt anyone... And now I'm beginning to suspect that you wouldn't know humor if it crawled up yer butt and bit you in the spleen...
 packleader
Msg: 180
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 8/14/2009 10:05:35 PM
"What the hell are you laughing at...there is no such word as "drug" in the context you were using it pal. In every instance of your hilarious little paragraph, the word to use would be "dragged." Even if it did make sense, that would have been one of the stupidest things I've ever heard."

I have recieved your reply to my post above. I am impressed by the fact that a young whipper-snapper such as yourself has taken the time to respond to my levity.I thank you for that .
However,since there are some 50,000 folks that I have to reply to I will attempt to make this as simple for you to understand as possible.Having said that....I must plead confusion.

Before attempting to deal with your problem,I must confess I find it unclear,nebulous,enigmatic,disengenuous,murky,puzzling,eversional,adamantine,unintelligible,foggy,metamorphical,nescient,and possible reductio ad adsurdum..

I suggest you translate,redefine,requadrate,repostulate,explain more lucidly,expand,expurgate the pleonams and the protean,pusillanimous propositions you have propounded.

I have the feeling that I am dealing with a pompous pursuivant who is engaged in over- zealous obfuscation.
 Kerri21
Msg: 181
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 8/14/2009 10:45:58 PM
For those of you that are trying to compare everyday OTC drugs and some prescription ones to illegal narcotics are simply delusional. Unless you have seen the effects that cocaine, heroine, meth, and yes even marijuana can truly do to an addict you really don`t know what you are talking about. And don`t argue either that oxycodon and other such drugs aren`t "illegal" because they are. They are illegal if you do not have a real prescription and are classified as a narcotic as well, just like marijuana.

The fact is I'm not for or against pot. I've never tried it, but then again I'm allergic. I've seen the medical benefits that both the synthetic (has the THC removed) and the natural stuff can have for people. However, it is still something that I don't "approve" of someone doing on a daily basis, but then again I don't think drinking every day is good either.
 edisto
Msg: 182
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 8/14/2009 11:38:26 PM

For those of you that are trying to compare everyday OTC drugs and some prescription ones to illegal narcotics are simply delusional

there are many people walking around that are taking c0cktails of OTC and prescription drugs that do them as much harm as heroin, cocaine and meth-

this is not to say that cocaine, heroin and meth aren't dangerous drugs
but the millions of people that have multiple doctors, all of whom prescribe medication without even knowing that there are other doctors and other prescriptions for their patients is frightfully common

children are now being diagnosed with absurd psychiatric diagnosed illnesses and pumped full of dangerous anti- depressant/anxiety medication before they turn 5
ADHD medication is being dished out like candy to our youth

every so many months there's a study that finds that a particular drug causes an illness that is worse than the symptoms that they were meant to either releive or cure

very few can honestly say they don't do drugs

drugs are drugs- whether they are OTC, legal or illegal-
we are a society that the pharmaceutical companies have programmed along with the medical industry that we can't live without ingesting some kind of pill to make it through each day~
 Super Ryan
Msg: 183
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 8/15/2009 12:29:29 AM

synthetic (has the THC removed)

Synthetic marijuana is called Marinol and it is pure synthetic THC.

everyday OTC drugs and some prescription ones to illegal narcotics are simply delusional

Seek out a cough syrup addict and tell me they are somehow better off than a pot head.
 Kerri21
Msg: 184
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 8/15/2009 11:05:57 PM
First of all I said everyday OTC medications and some prescriptions ones. Did I anywhere refer to all legal medications? No.

Yes, there are some people that are over medicated, very often by their own fault. People are always looking for the quick fix so they go and see a mixture of doctors to get what they want. It is not the doctors fault when this is the case. Most people don't tell their doctors everything. For example often times when you ask someone who is taking prescribed medication to lower blood pressure if they have high blood pressure they will say no and leave out the fact that they are on medication for it. Pharmaceutical companies are not the only ones to blame, nor are the doctors.

Also did you know that most patients do not receive adequate pain management because of the stigma attached to pain medication, even if they are straight out of surgery. Or that the reason why so many drugs are getting put on the market without full, proper clinical trials being done was because of the pressure the FDA was put under by the public for a drug that treated aids to be released. They had to lower their standards to faster approve a medication and that is how a bunch of drugs that did more harm then good were released.

Without demand things like medications cease to exists. So don't just point fingers at pharmaceutical companies and doctors. Those five year olds ended up on the medications because their parents took them to the doctors and gave them the medications. Either way you need to put things into perspective. There is a big difference between acetaminophen and cocaine.
 Kerri21
Msg: 185
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 8/15/2009 11:18:48 PM
Seek out a cough syrup addict and tell me they are somehow better off than a pot head

My main problem with pot is the fact that is illegal. Say what you want about that fact, but it is. Therefore, it ruins lives. People go to jail for dealing pot for insane, uncalled amount of times. People also get killed over it. However, cough syrup is legal. Does that make it better or right, no. But I'm just not for doing something that I've seen ruin lives.

But that is just my opinion.
And yes, I was wrong about the synthetic marijuana. Sorry.
 Uncle Fist
Msg: 186
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 8/16/2009 3:02:35 PM
^I understand where you're coming from, but pretty much anything can ruin somebody's life under the right circumstances. Legal or not.

I think part of the point Super Ryan was trying to make in the cough syrup vs. pot comparison was that too much cough syrup can kill you (it's quite common in the rap world) whereas it's not physically possible to die of a marijuana overdose.
 Super Ryan
Msg: 187
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 8/16/2009 4:30:40 PM

it ruins lives. People go to jail for dealing pot for insane, uncalled amount of times. People also get killed over it.

I always thought that was a great argument FOR legalization.
 SaharaM
Msg: 188
view profile
History
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 8/16/2009 4:42:40 PM
I'm not really sure that people choosing to break the law is any sort of justification for changing it.
 WS Wilson 4 Hire
Msg: 189
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 8/16/2009 5:01:02 PM
Though likely poorly explained, I believe the original point was that if you do smoke pot, then admit it. There's a section that asks if you do drugs, another if you smoke. These people put no for both, that is misleading. It is either one, the other, or both, depending on how you look at it.
 SaharaM
Msg: 190
view profile
History
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 8/16/2009 5:27:39 PM
^^Although I don't agree with all of the OP, you're point is well-taken, as is the OPer's point that pot is a "drug" that is directly asked about on profiles. I believe there is a "choose not to answer" option (or something of that nature.) I agree that there is no reason to lie.
 Byrd
Msg: 191
view profile
History
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 8/17/2009 9:18:30 AM
Jeeeezus! With all the crap they put in food nowadays were all drug addicts...Have any of you ever heard of the great "Twinkie Defense?" Yea will google it...Suger is a much more powerful DRUG than weed..But I'll take the weed..
 FLmusicdude
Msg: 192
view profile
History
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 8/17/2009 9:45:51 AM
I don't think they should have this question on the profiles for the simple fact that marijuana is a plant, not a drug, and people who know nothing about marijuana (never smoked it) know NOTHING about marijuana. So all the non-users need to see the other side of the story (pro-marijuana law documentaries) to really get a good picture of what there judging, rather than harp on about the anti-drug message they've been told their whole life without looking into the whys, hows, whats, and whos of smoking before calling it a DIRTY LITTLE HABIT.

I can tell that the OP came to troll, because he/she has just been calling people names and has a closed his/her mind as to why people do it and how most ppl react. Instead they would like to look at these statistics, which focus the FEW who commit crimes while under the influence of drugs. Drugs as a whole, INCLUDING marijuana as the OP put it, not limited only to marijuana which I'm sure is much less. The OP has already decided that it's not worth looking into, closed his/her mind, and now wants to judge what everybody chooses to do when it comes to what goes into their bodies. Isn't that special?
 SaharaM
Msg: 193
view profile
History
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 8/17/2009 12:07:16 PM
^^The profile question doesn't ask for our opinions about drugs... just asks if you do them. It is really silly to contradict yourself in your profile.

In fact the question is 'do you do drugs' so everybody should answer yes because everybody does drugs of one form or another at some point. Period.
This is assinine and you surely know that. You're smart enough to understand the question; with due respect, pretending that you do not just makes you appear either sketchy or dumb.

Forcing an answer to the question BEGS a user to lie. I'm not condoning lying and I'm not condoning drug use. I'm just encouraging PoF'ers not to get so wrapped up in this issue. It is what it is; it's not going to change. Creating a thread to berate those who don't answer a question truthfully is a giant waste of time... especially because the premise would be that someone might change his/her mind and correct his/her profile.
 Super Ryan
Msg: 194
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 8/17/2009 12:36:29 PM
People may have several reasons for not answering the question about drug use (if you do not touch it, it will say no).
The internet is excessible to everyone, including family, friends and employers. Many people would not want members of the groups mentioned to know about their drug use.

But here is the best reason.
In Canada and the U.S., we have the right to not incriminate ourselves.

Personally I don't think the question should be on anyones profiles. No other criminal act is questioned, and there is no section for STDs (I think I would rather date a pothead, then a person with herpes), so why even have the drug use question.

And the question leaves lots of room for questioning. A person might see their heroine use as "occasional", while a once a week pot user might claim often.
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 195
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 8/17/2009 12:50:34 PM

The fact is I'm not for or against pot. I've never tried it, but then again I'm allergic.

How do you know your allergic if you've never tried it? Just curious because I don't recall THC being a skin test when testing for allergies.

~OT~ I appreciate those who are honest about whether they use drungs early on. Whether that be via their profile in some cryptic numberical format or via an email or phone call prior to meeting. I'm NOT 420 friendly and that is not subject to change. JMO
 spider43 2.0
Msg: 196
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 8/17/2009 12:57:20 PM
Well if you really want to talk legalities then you have to admit there is a legal limit on alchohol and it's use has many restrictions on how much and where and age.

To give you some clues you may want to look into lenny bruce, a stand up comedian from way back that was the first to really lift the veil on how and why it became illegal in the first place.

Those of you are acting like sheep take note. G Bush was quoted during his tenure as saying that if you smoke pot you are contributing to terrorism, this during a speech about troup in afghanistan. The country doesn't grow pot but is known for poppies that make heroin.
Watch a documentary called aka tommy chong. During the 911 incident a plane went down in penn. a young woman there came to be the youngest att. gen. in us history, her first big idea to shut down drugs was to bust those that made pipes.
Through an entrapment scheme the dea manged to gather enough evidence to arrest him and sentence him to nine months in a minimum security prison.
When you read the hows and why's of the case they were upset that he made his living extoling the use of pot. He was basically thrown in jail for making a comedy movie.
This does not only demonstrate how useless the war on drugs has become but violated the first ammendment of the constitution.
When they arrested him they sent in an army of people from four different levels of law inforcement to his house and his legally operated business.

He has served his time but America has taken a giant step in the direction of becomming a facist state.

Google marijuana tax stamp and have a read.
Google prohibition and have a read.

To even list names of those that are very respected citizens who partake or are crusading to change these laws would make your head spin.
You would be interested to know that Obama has also put this on his agenda and is seeing just how much of a waste of time and money has been wasted.

With any luck you may realize the sheer silliness of this in that just today they blamed the raging forest fires in california on pot growers, talk about media spinning.

Soon we will all be learning newspeak, some of you seem to be ready.
 SaharaM
Msg: 197
view profile
History
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 8/17/2009 1:19:57 PM
^^This is faulty logic.

Pot smokers repeatedly compare pot use to something that they find to be "worse." And the point... is irrelevant to the topic 99% of the time. As it is here.
 SaharaM
Msg: 198
view profile
History
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 8/17/2009 1:20:56 PM
sorry duplicate post.
 SaharaM
Msg: 199
view profile
History
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 8/17/2009 1:38:50 PM
This is faulty logic actually. What I said is common sense. I don't find alcohol to be worse, anybody with a brain in their head does. Anybody who studies the affects of both with an unbiased point of view does. Even the US government which is obstinately opposed to pot has admitted this. You may not agree and that's your right. I may choose to believe in unicorns and that would be my right as well.
No one suggested that your opinion was faulty, just your logic. That isn't opinion, that's reality.

If you really want to go there, you're also being intellectually dishonest. But hey... many people take that route when they don't have much to work with other than simply repeating over and over and over what has already been said. Intellectually dishonest... creative... take your choice. ;-)
 Byrd
Msg: 200
view profile
History
Do you do drugs???
Posted: 8/17/2009 3:32:09 PM
From what I've heard from others on here from Canada you could get less time for murder up there compared to smoking weed..Which is probably what I'd be doing if I was drinking the alcohol..I used to like to fight when I drank.. But now I'm so mellow on my legal medical weed... Read a book called "Sugar Blues" if you don't believe sugar is a drug, open your mind....Cheers!!! Here's some drugs for ya..
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Do you do drugs???