Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 luvinlittleyellowjacket
Msg: 42
ladies, whats the kind of cologne/aftershave do you like best Page 8 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
Ok.... my favorites are Preferred Stock, Untamed and I love those Axe Affects.
 who_the_fox
Msg: 45
ladies, whats the kind of cologne/aftershave do you like best
Posted: 8/16/2006 6:11:39 AM
I am not sure what it is......but the CEO wears it....and it makes me want to rub up against him and lick it off.
 Mrs.Bucket
Msg: 47
Posted: 8/16/2006 7:51:33 AM
the kind that's very subtle...i once had a b/f that everytime he came over i made him take a shower because his cologne would give me a headache
 GhostDancer
Msg: 48
Posted: 8/16/2006 7:56:47 AM
Drakkar. OMG, every time I smell that...I could follow him around for hours!
 who_the_fox
Msg: 62
Posted: 8/17/2006 5:15:43 AM
I used to love Drakkar.....but it is what the husband wore.....so not anymore!
 exotica cohiba
Msg: 68
Posted: 8/18/2006 1:56:37 PM
i love the smell of issey mayaki and sean paul on a man.........yummy
 HummerNuts
Msg: 78
Posted: 8/23/2006 8:00:27 AM
for me jean paul gaultier, allure for men, or Gucci Rush and Patcholi
 bolotye
Msg: 84
Posted: 9/8/2006 1:07:11 AM
Hugo Boss for men. This stuff makes me crazy.
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 95
Posted: 9/9/2006 3:49:20 PM
Polo Black. It's relatively new, so last year I sent it to all of the men in my life (son, exhusband, friends) I'm spreading it around for all ladies to enjoy!
 rrrickkk
Msg: 110
Posted: 1/3/2007 12:33:28 PM
You can get the same thing at for $41.89 that Macy's wants $62 for. 4.2 oz Lacoste essentials
 Paddy O Furniture
Msg: 112
view profile
History
Posted: 1/6/2007 9:25:54 PM
I've tried many different colognes over the years and I've never, ever gotten as many compliments as I have since I started wearing Tommy Bahama. It has a scent unlike anything out there.

I use nothing else but TB any longer
 Summerwinds77
Msg: 127
view profile
History
Posted: 1/5/2009 8:09:15 PM
I know this question is for the ladies, but allow me to suggest a cologne. It's called "Stampede" , made by a company called Annie Oakley (really). Every time I use it I get compliments from the ladies. Highly recommended!
 honeybeee2000
Msg: 134
view profile
History
Posted: 5/24/2009 6:56:35 AM
Its got to be Perry Ellis 360• This is an awesome fragrance.Men if you haven't tried it run out and get a bottle you won't be sorry.
 GrandmaBooBoo
Msg: 138
view profile
History
Posted: 5/25/2009 4:37:19 AM
OLD SPICE!!! LOL! it reminds me of my Grandpa!
 IslandRaven
Msg: 146
Posted: 11/24/2011 12:34:00 AM
whatever fragrance you choose to wear , is summed up with 3 words in my opinion .......
- LESS IS MORE -
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 147
view profile
History
Posted: 10/4/2013 8:22:02 PM
Heh...discovered this thread while goofing off looking at old threads, figured I'd throw something in...

The colognes I like for myself (and love myself whether for a woman or not), which seem to blend well with my biochemistry, and of course after I've worn them for a while which is when a cologne's true scent comes out...and have also brought me a certain reaction from a variety of women - for example I'll happen to be standing close to a woman momentarily, like at work, and when I walk away, I can sense that she pauses in whatever she's doing, and I'll hear her say to someone or herself something like "oh god, he smells good" -

- Grey Flannel

- not English Leather...but certain of it's variations, like English Leather Timberline, and EL Wind Drift, and EL Black.

- not Jovan, but specifically one and only one line...Jovan White Musk for men.

- Catalyst

Unfortunately, there are a few perfumes which I'll smell on a woman while out and about, that are just plain yummy as hell...but I don't know what the damned names of them are. Wish I could find out. Never sure about going up to strange women and asking "what's the name of the perfume you're wearing?" I've done that some, but can't see instituting a campaign of doing that everytime I smell one of these.
 Molly Maude
Msg: 148
view profile
History
ladies, what's the kind of cologne/aftershave you like best
Posted: 10/4/2013 11:24:36 PM
there's nothing more off-putting than wanting to get to know a man
better but my head is throbbing or I just can't breathe because he's
wearing some overpowering strong scent ... what I like a man to smell
like is good old fashioned cleanliness ...

I never wear perfume as I don't want to cause someone else to have
health issues ... I can't avoid scents though ... my lotion smells like
summer at the beach and tanning with coconut oil ... add in the
scent of my shampoo ... my body wash ... I've had a lot of people
ask me what perfume I'm wearing ... nothing ... no perfume ... just
good old fashioned cleanliness ...
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 149
view profile
History
ladies, what's the kind of cologne/aftershave you like best
Posted: 10/5/2013 8:18:50 AM
^ Yea, someone smelling good without wearing anything is good, and a good "test", but harder to describe - there are two particular very natural scents, olfactoral biochemical signatures, which I've ran across before from a woman, which I can almost recall in my brain...things like that are your bodys telling you that you are a good genetic match, I think. I've fallen in love with the scent itself, as if I already know that me and the woman in question are a good match overall. Sometimes, a secret criteria of mine is that a woman have a very specific natural smell...not just have a good natural scent, but a very particular one.

It's kind of a paradox...liking some artificial scents, but also very much liking none at all...understanding how it can be overpowering or noxious, but still having an appreciation for artificial scents which are assertive.
 MS.ICENI
Msg: 151
Posted: 10/11/2013 4:38:43 PM
Soap and water and his own natural scent. I like a man to smell like a man. However, I've been known to like a touch of Old Spice...a classic and still great.
 cooldog65
Msg: 152
view profile
History
men/ladies, what kinds of cologne/aftershave do you like best?
Posted: 10/14/2013 9:17:28 AM
Some of my favorites in the last 10 years have been:

L'eau D'Issey - Issey Miyake
Instinct - David Beckham
Pal Zileri
Play - Givenchy
Usher

Not a big fan of the geriatric scents like Old Spice, Brut, English Leather, etc...
 Ms Cheevious
Msg: 154
view profile
History
Posted: 11/10/2013 4:43:43 PM
Lagerfeld

message this short can not be posted...whateva
 bamagrl68
Msg: 155
Posted: 11/10/2013 8:05:28 PM
drivingharmony-I find that most men love perfumes that remind them of fruit and/or vanilla.
There is a body spray I found in Walmart (of all places) called vanilla sugar, EVERY time I wear it, I get compliments.
For the Op, I also like blue polo for men. Drakkar (sp?) is nice also. I also still love Old Spice.
No matter what you go with, always go with less is more, we don't want to smell you before we see you.
 cotter
Msg: 158
view profile
History
ladies, or possibly dudes- whats the kind of cologne/aftershave do you like best
Posted: 11/27/2013 9:23:01 PM
I really like "Drakkar Noir". It's a fragrance by Guy Laroche.

I did a little research on it since so many women really like it. Apparently it was introduced in 1982 and it won the 1985 FiFi Award (whatever that is) for "Most Successful Men's Fragrance (Limited)". In 2010 it won the Canadian Fragrance Awards' "Hall of Fame Award - men's". In 1991, it was the bestselling men's "prestige" ($20+) scent worldwide.

The New York Times says the name derives from "a flat-bottomed Viking ship".

I like "Old Spice" ... both of the scents they produce. My grandson is saying he likes "Old Spice" too ... he's eleven years old and soon I'll buy him the soap and deodorant and cologne to start with.

I like Stetson on men and use the "Lady Stetson" too.

I use "Red" and "Obsession" in winter and "Vanilla Fields" in the warm months.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >