Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > ladies, whats the kind of cologne/aftershave do you like best      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 cooldog65
Msg: 192
view profile
History
men/ladies, what kinds of cologne/aftershave do you like best? Page 9 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
Some of my favorites in the last 10 years have been:

L'eau D'Issey - Issey Miyake
Instinct - David Beckham
Pal Zileri
Play - Givenchy
Usher

Not a big fan of the geriatric scents like Old Spice, Brut, English Leather, etc...
 drivingharmony2
Msg: 193
men/ladies, what kinds of cologne/aftershave do you like best?
Posted: 11/5/2013 9:15:16 PM
Each cologne smells differently on men, so this varies for me, BUT,
I love the smell of Polo (Blue) and regular Polo.
Also, I still love the smell of Old Spice as well as Aqua Di Gio
I love a great smelling man!
======
I wear DKNY Fresh Blossoms and I get many compliments from men and women.
I also wear Lemon Sugar from the Fresh line at Sephora or Nordstrom.
I love fruity, fresh, and clean with sometimes light floral scents.
======
Unfortunately, one of my girl-friends said I smell like Lemon Pledge when I wear Fresh/Lemon. NO I DON'T....I get compliments on that one too. My last birthday....the same friend bought me a can of Lemon Pledge....Hmmmm???
She's just jealous I say! :)
 Ms Cheevious
Msg: 194
view profile
History
Posted: 11/10/2013 4:43:43 PM
Lagerfeld

message this short can not be posted...whateva
 bamagrl68
Msg: 195
Posted: 11/10/2013 8:05:28 PM
drivingharmony-I find that most men love perfumes that remind them of fruit and/or vanilla.
There is a body spray I found in Walmart (of all places) called vanilla sugar, EVERY time I wear it, I get compliments.
For the Op, I also like blue polo for men. Drakkar (sp?) is nice also. I also still love Old Spice.
No matter what you go with, always go with less is more, we don't want to smell you before we see you.
 drivingharmony2
Msg: 196
Posted: 11/11/2013 8:26:00 PM
Bamagrl68 ~ For some reason, I don't smell good in Vanilla. I've tried. I stick with fruity smells. I do like many of the fruity scents at Bath and Body Works. They have some good Vanilla scents too, but I can't wear them.
====
Before I had my first kid (1994) I wore Calvin Klein/Eternity. My all time favorite! But then after I had the baby, I could not wear it. My body chemistry changed and Eternity STUNK on me :( I was on the hunt for another perfume.....alas! I found Clinique/Happy! Loved it....wore it for years and ALWAYS got compliments.....then I had my second child (1999)...damn it! Happy never smelled the same....it was awful! I was on the hunt for another perfume.....I had gone thru several kinds and 2 years ago, found DKNY Fresh Blossoms and Fresh/Sugar-Lemon. Love them both! And NO MORE KIDS for me so hopefully my body chemistry has settled down.....as it is a pain in the butt to try and figure out what works with your body chemistry. I hate trying on different perfumes, gives me a headache! But all is well now :)
 CaptainTeebs
Msg: 197
ladies, or possibly dudes- whats the kind of cologne/aftershave do you like best
Posted: 11/11/2013 10:06:09 PM
Pete Schweddy's "Eau de Givenginchy"
 cotter
Msg: 198
view profile
History
ladies, or possibly dudes- whats the kind of cologne/aftershave do you like best
Posted: 11/27/2013 9:23:01 PM
I really like "Drakkar Noir". It's a fragrance by Guy Laroche.

I did a little research on it since so many women really like it. Apparently it was introduced in 1982 and it won the 1985 FiFi Award (whatever that is) for "Most Successful Men's Fragrance (Limited)". In 2010 it won the Canadian Fragrance Awards' "Hall of Fame Award - men's". In 1991, it was the bestselling men's "prestige" ($20+) scent worldwide.

The New York Times says the name derives from "a flat-bottomed Viking ship".

I like "Old Spice" ... both of the scents they produce. My grandson is saying he likes "Old Spice" too ... he's eleven years old and soon I'll buy him the soap and deodorant and cologne to start with.

I like Stetson on men and use the "Lady Stetson" too.

I use "Red" and "Obsession" in winter and "Vanilla Fields" in the warm months.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > ladies, whats the kind of cologne/aftershave do you like best