Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > What are women really looking for?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 MsYesterday
Msg: 26
What are women really looking for?Page 2 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)
Sibce I am 50 something I am looking for a guy who can support himself and can take me out every now and then.....I am not asking for much,I am already past my 30's where I was looking for a goodlooking chippandale dancer(yes,had one).
Differeent ages -different games,as simple as that!
I personally seem to have a problem of finding a man who is stable all the way around!
"Big wheels keep on turning"......everyone -you know what you are looking for.......patience ,patience
 bulls eye annie
Msg: 27
view profile
History
What are women really looking for?
Posted: 4/19/2009 7:25:14 AM
Well said! I second that! It's a long train ride with several stops along the way!

Annie
 Eenk
Msg: 28
Posted: 4/19/2009 3:59:14 PM
As much as they deny it, which you know is a sign that it's really true, women seek out drama. On a genetic level they are encoded to love drama and will do whatever they can to generate it where there previously was none. They may say they want a nice guy, but they all get wet when some douche treats them like shit, then they fall in love with him. Without something to complain about , women can not be happy.
 secretagentman99
Msg: 29
Posted: 4/19/2009 10:45:58 PM
Cause no matter what women say about not being shallow and how they don't need a mans money cause they are so independant, it's those factors in the end that prevail. Very amusing to hear when asked what is so great about the fantastic guy they are seeing, its never how great a soul or person he is, but its usually the fact that he has a boat or is a pilot or has millions of free traveler miles that they can use. As for being pessimistic and being accused of generalizing women, well when 99.5% of them fit that same mold, it's reality and not generalizing.
 Refinedsillyguy
Msg: 30
Posted: 4/19/2009 11:33:28 PM
-Girls don't like getting hurt.
-Girls want a challenge. not some guy that bends over backwards.
Girls look at guys as strong, safe, and someone that can make them feel strong/better in weak situations.
So if you have none of the above, or nothing that a girl could make her gf's jealous with. ie: ( looks, money, education, hobbies, charm, has a social life, can have fun, dance, connection)
Your odds are against you.
 *topchef*
Msg: 31
Posted: 4/20/2009 5:14:33 AM
Really...seriously, really!!

As for being pessimistic and being accused of generalizing women, well when 99.5% of them fit that same mold, it's reality and not generalizing.

I guess that means that 99.5% of guys are looking for a hooter's girl with a rich daddy.

~~~~~~~~~~~
Get a grip man, if this is your attitude and perspective, you are not putting out any kind of vibe that would attract anything different. If guys are not getting what they think they deserve, they need to look at what kind of bait they are using to catch their fish. Bitter, self-absorbed, lazy chauvanists don't really deserve much better.

And we can spot them a kilometer away.... the TV converter permanently embedded in their hands, surrounded by pizza boxes and empty long necks are a dead give away.
 MsMicki
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 4/20/2009 7:18:18 AM
a man that will put my tools back where he found them!
I've been looking for my tape measure for 3 days now!
 Refinedsillyguy
Msg: 33
Posted: 4/20/2009 12:01:43 PM
ahha, ask him for clues where the tape measure is haha
 minako79
Msg: 34
Posted: 4/20/2009 6:04:19 PM
You know what it'd be easier for all of us just to quit searching for it, as they about trying to look for love and just live life to the fullest if you can. :) You never know when love will hit you in the full force.. lol... Honestly, this is how I'm about to test this theory if it really works... I've been disappointed in the past, no need for me to shed any more tears.

So if the answer is to rely on the real world the next question becomes the same question man has asked since the beginning of time. "Where are all the girls at?" We need like a Top 100 list of the best locations to meet women. I'll start and hopefully others will chip in...(especially the ladies)

- coed sports leagues
- community service/volunteering events
- restaurants (waitresses and bar tenders)
- bars and clubs (not the type I'm looking for though)

-church (You have no idea how many single women I have encountered in my church and past fellowships!)
-college (have you tried taking new courses like cooking)
-dancing lessons especially latin dancing!
-professional designation like Toastmaster International, Amnesty International
-speed dating/online dating would be your last resort... if it all fails..
- try www.meetup.com

I find family and friends are the best way to go but if you already exhausted that avenue try these steps.

Good luck OP...........

PS: I know what I want, and I have listed them on my profile... Just matter of finding me or him, or fate will ever get around getting my guy.. lol.
 sammylg
Msg: 35
Posted: 4/20/2009 8:49:51 PM
Women are looking for men who know the answer to your original question OP.

Simple ain't it?
 *topchef*
Msg: 36
Posted: 4/21/2009 5:06:56 PM

The guys with MONEY, guys who are well off, guys who are rich, guys with the best paying jobs/careers, and guys with all the fancy toys that women want to be seen with and in!!!

Why do so many guys think none of the women on this site are successful in their own right and are interested only in a man for financial gain?? It is truly sad to see how bitter and cynical these people have become. Is it because successful women dont put up pictures with their expensive toys or brag about their success in their profile that these guys think these women dont exist? Perhaps these ladies want to be with someone who wants them for who they are, not for the size of their paycheck.

Compatibility is very difficult to assess in 2 dimensions, but between the profile, the approach, an exchange of email, it is certainly easy enough to weed out the undesirables. If you make it past these initial hurdles and finally meet, then it is up to nature to take its course from there.

C'mon guys....not every woman is a gold digging, high maintainance, shopaholic b1tch that is out to make your life a living hell. Do the work, and find out who is for real, instead of letting your ego and****make bad decisions for you.
 *topchef*
Msg: 37
Posted: 4/21/2009 8:10:13 PM

women are more attracted to'' jerk '', they experience expected failed R and they get addicted to ''jerk'' , somethin abnormal

What are you basing this inane statement on? Women despise jerks. The problem is most jerks disguise the fact they are one until a woman has slept with them or until they are ready to move on and dont want to take responsibility for the break up. No woman deliberately goes after a jerk. What an idiotic statement.
 *topchef*
Msg: 38
Posted: 4/22/2009 5:17:29 AM
Well, let's see....the men I know and have been meeting are NOT jerks, my single female friends are NOT gold digging game players, rather they are self sufficient, contributing members of society with realistic expectations and strong values, many of whom are over achievers.

We all have choices on who we can associate ourselves with and what we project to the world, which defines what we will accept into our life....next time you are unhappy with the outcome of a relationship, try looking in the mirror first.

Many people here would benefit from reading the Law of Attraction.
 bbkash
Msg: 39
Posted: 4/22/2009 11:32:54 AM
this is a good ? plus I'm Disabled they r strange can't live with them & you can't live with out them & they same thing about men go figure
 Glenoran1
Msg: 40
Posted: 4/22/2009 7:46:26 PM
I can only speak for myself. I put on my profile exactly what I am (to the best of my self-knowledge) and what I am seeking, which is the same thing. But I also know from personal experience that Life tends to give you the least you are willing to accept. When it is something truly important to me (like finding my second life mate), I will take the time it takes to find or be found by the right one. If I have to wait a year or years, then so be it, although I will keep looking. I would rather have no one contact me at all for a very long time, than have many responses from incompatible fellows.

It is easy to worry that some external element is turning off potential mates (in my case, height or age), and to let one's self-image and self-esteem be eroded by it. The flip side of that, of course, is to think the problem is with the potential dates or mates. Either perspective will eventually cause you problems.

While we wait, perhaps we should take a good look at our own personalities, our beliefs, perspectives, perceptions, attitudes, etc. and any baggage we might have from before. If we spend the time now resolving whatever is unattractive in our makeup, when the right one comes along we will be far less likely to unwittingly complicate or sabotage our joint chances for long-term happiness.

My apologies if this comes across as 'preachy'. It's just one woman's point of view. If it is of value to you, then I'm glad I could help. If not, perhaps someone else can answer your question better -- or at least more succintly (grin).

All the best,

Glenoran1
 secretagentman99
Msg: 41
Posted: 4/22/2009 9:49:07 PM

All you "just average guys" don’t get any dates because you don’t ask, don’t know how to treat a lady or your too busy complaining about the people that have more money and toys than you while you’re on your date. This is the FACT OF LIFE that no “average guy" wants to read, see, admit, and acknowledge!!![quote/]

Oh really. We don't ask? Why not do a survey of the average guys on here and see how many of them get UNREAD DELETED to their inquiries because their pictures dont look like they came out of GQ or they can boast of their money/toys on their profiles.

As for not knowing how to treat a lady, what correlation are you using? Average guys make more of an effort to treat women nicer, than the wealthy guys who don't need to make any such effort. Who you trying to kid here? Besides, once you get to a date, why would you even complain even yet why even bring up guys with money?
 DocElffington
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Posted: 4/23/2009 3:38:22 AM
For starters, they are looking for proper usage of written English. This includes spelling, grammar, sentence structure, proper capitalization and punctuation, etc.

Bottom line though, they're looking for me!
 secretagentman99
Msg: 43
Posted: 4/23/2009 4:23:44 AM

It makes me wonder what sort of women you are contacting. You look pretty good to me although I don't think you've made the best choice of main photo since it is hard to see what you look like in a thumbnail. You aren't doing yourself any favours with what you say in your profile. A bit more information, and a bit less telling people they can't tell anything from a profile, migth get a better response.

Thank you. Well based on what I said before on younger women not being mature enough to be serious, I typicall write to women my or older. On occasion I may dip down 5-6 years younger but typically never get repsonses. And the funniest part is while th eyounger ones don't say anything or respond, the ones a bit older than me rewspond saying I'm TOO OLD for them?

But like I tell me friends, I find it all amusing and entertaining and yes there are some really sincere sweet women out there. Just feels though like being in Washington and trying to find an honest politician LOL
 bbkash
Msg: 44
Posted: 4/23/2009 5:01:36 AM
/quote well put
 secretagentman99
Msg: 45
Posted: 4/23/2009 10:31:38 AM

Why do so many guys think none of the women on this site are successful in their own right and are interested only in a man for financial gain?? It is truly sad to see how bitter and cynical these people have become. Is it because successful women dont put up pictures with their expensive toys or brag about their success in their profile that these guys think these women dont exist? Perhaps these ladies want to be with someone who wants them for who they are, not for the size of their paycheck.

I'm sure there are successful women out there. I have encountered a few. But tell me why you constantly here of guys taking out women more than once, and these women drive fancy cars and have the latest fashions and they talk about how they are always traveling from one exotic place to another, yet they never once offer to pick up the tab or even split it? Now I know there are plenty of women with bad finances becaus eof work or being single moms, so they are not the issue here, those you gladly pay for. I'm talking about all these well off women that you speak of that don't feel they should pay. And if mention it like I did, the accusations start flying about the guy being cheap. So when did it become an entitlement that women should not pay? Again, not all but most.
 secretagentman99
Msg: 46
Posted: 4/23/2009 11:02:58 AM
Cause here in the US we have what we call entitled Princesses. Again, if you are taking out a nice sweet girl, by all means pay if you can. But if you're taking out some spoiled princess who probably makes a whole lot than you do and she refuses to even offer to pay, if you continue to date her then you are a chump. Cause if she's driving Beemers and wearing furs and Gucci and always talks about her constant trips then she can pay once in a while. Of course the women defense is to call the guy cheap. It's not being cheap, it's not being a CHUMP.
 memily2003
Msg: 47
Posted: 4/23/2009 11:15:18 AM
Wow I am disappointed in all the negative responses you have gotten. It seems like most guys think girls just want money and big "sausages". Maybe that is their dating problem.

I would have to agree with the people that said that us girls don't know what we want. I thought I did, then I found someone who fit that perfectly, and he turned out to be a dud. So now I don't know what I want. I know what I don't want, and if I see a red flag in a profile I tend not to respond. Many may not respond so they don't have to explain themselves to you. Finding someone is so hard, and I didn't believe it until I tried looking. Just keep trying. You will find a girl who will respond and will be interested in you because she will know what she wants.
 Glenoran1
Msg: 48
Posted: 4/23/2009 11:56:21 AM

...if you are taking out a nice sweet girl, by all means pay if you can.

Again, I can only speak for myself, but I believe in the adage (that I made up ): share the quest; share the cost. If a person (male or female) is too broke to even pay their own cup of coffee, they probably can't afford to be dating, because that entails outings which include travel costs.

I suspect that how each person handles something as simple as paying their own way at first meeting versus expecting the other person to foot the entire bill is a good indication of how things would be if they entered into a relationship.
 rheard
Msg: 49
Posted: 4/23/2009 1:43:47 PM
Gotta love these recurring "I'm so nice but can't get responses" posts!

To answer the question OP, A woman wants what she wants ... period! They are all different and you just can't generalize.

Not to mention that what she looks for in an online profile can be very different from what she responds to in the world - for many different reasons. You also have to take into account the fact that our profiles often just don't do justice to the real "live and in person" experience we actually bring to the table. On here we get a few pics and a few paragraphs to describe ourselves and with so many others to choose from - we just can't or don't always stand out enough to catch their eye! Competition is a biatch - but it is part of life so the only answer there is to either compete or withdraw! Tune the profile, correct the spelling and grammer, and keep on trying! Anything less only leaves you in the same place you are now.

The problem is you can't create a spark over the internet. So you've got to keep looking until someone gives you a chance to create that spark in person.

Eric3001 - you hit the nail dead center. You can't do more than correspond on here. Until someone gives you that chance, the spark doesn't kindle. Far too many on here find reasons to reject without allowing that chance. Again, for many different reasons. It starts with the "view the pic and profile - not up to my standards" attitude. And it can go in many directions from there - some just won't take the chance. But it is just a fact of internet dating so it has to be taken in stride. All you can do is keep looking for someone who will give you that chance.

Cheers
 *topchef*
Msg: 50
Posted: 4/23/2009 6:50:46 PM

tell me why you constantly here of guys taking out women more than once, and these women drive fancy cars and have the latest fashions and they talk about how they are always traveling from one exotic place to another, yet they never once offer to pick up the tab or even split it?

Just because you drive a fancy car and have the latest fashions, doesnt necessarily mean you are that successful. That is why so many people have their credit cards maxed out!! In fact, it is likely the ones who are more modest in those areas that really have their act together. They are the ones with a solid home, a financial plan, are conservative around spending, but spend it on the right things...AND are not shy about picking up the tab when they are really with someone that means something to them.

Flashy cars. bling and a designer wardrobe are the trappings and bait of gold diggers. I'm surprised guys havent figured this out yet!! Then again, many guys cant resist the arm candy!

AND....there are women who have it all....and are successful, kind, generous, reciprocal and authentic. If you come looking for one of us, you better have your act together.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > What are women really looking for?