Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > What are women really looking for?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 secretagentman99
Msg: 76
What are women really looking for?Page 4 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)
Here in Orlando the guys have come up with the real meaning of POF, which is
Phoney Orlando Females. That sizes it up.
 minako79
Msg: 77
What are women really looking for?
Posted: 5/7/2009 2:12:26 PM
The problem with POF or any other dating sites, people are looking for the next best thing... They don't realize that average people like myself are often overlooked and can't even see with their wide eyes open that this person might have something to offer for. It's no wonder people are still single and picky.

I definetely know what I want with my life and the qualities that I want with my partner. I don't have an ideal list like most women do... But I do believe that you tried so hard to keep searching for that 'ideal' partner, you will never find it until you stop looking for it.
 mortalez
Msg: 78
Posted: 5/23/2009 3:32:35 PM
they are looking for some stupid guy to spend money on them in exchange for their time, walks in the park are out, blockbuster nites laughed at, unless you are willing to spend money with the chance of never seeing them again you are screwed.
 misszmsz
Msg: 79
Posted: 5/23/2009 6:00:09 PM
"American girls want everything in the world you can possibly imagine." Some Girls by the Rolling Stones

I think that perhaps you should make a list of what you want in a woman. Just like a shopping list you would make for the grocery store.

No one else should see your list, so be very honest with yourself. List qualities she cannot have also, such as ugly feet or bad housekeeping skills.

For instance you meet a beautiful girl with a tight body at church on Sunday. A couple weeks later she invites you over to her Aunties for dinner. She has so many qualities you admire and you start thinking this could be the ONE. When you arrive she introduces you to her three boys Rotton, Rude and Bad. They all have different daddies. They make it impossible for you to ignore them. You yell to her, "You didn't tell me you had children." She yells louder than the kids screaming, "You didn't ask. They are really good boys even when they're being bad." Then she takes off her shoes and asks you for a foot massage. Her gnarly toes, cracked heels, bunions and corns are just what you needed to see before eating.

Knowing what you are looking for makes it much easier to get exactly what you want.
 *topchef*
Msg: 80
Posted: 5/24/2009 8:46:40 AM
eski raises an interesting point.
These days woman are accomplishing alot more and expecting alot more so it is not so easy to impress a woman like you could many years ago

This is true...many women have their lives together, own their home, great job, goals in life....men who are interested in a relationship with a woman like this, need to consider what they bring to the table and be prepared to keep up with her. That doesnt mean you have to be CEO of Big Bucks Inc., but It might be useful to have a lifestyle that is more than living in sweats all weekend, ordering a pizza and downing a 12 pack Saturday night.

Men with an awareness of the world, have a social conscience and can accommodate her priorities for work, family and other commitments will fair better than their brothers who's whole life is planned around the televised baseball schedule.

Most of us arent looking to be impressed, just to be appreciated for the capable individuals we are, and to appreciate a man with similar aspirations. Just sayin.
 *topchef*
Msg: 81
Posted: 5/25/2009 7:49:16 PM
I could be wrong....but I think most of us are looking for a man who changes his underwear frequently!!!...among other things.
 Ceridwen
Msg: 82
Posted: 5/26/2009 5:56:34 PM
Well I don't know about older women, but I would say that for me, I would like someone that takes care of himself physically--that is to say, exercises/eats right, someone who is not a total bum, who has a steady job or is at least going to school to better himself, someone within ten years of my age, someone who is intelligent and acts it (i.e. spells out 'you' and knows the difference between 'your' and 'you're'), and who hopefully has at least some of the same interests as me, be that video games or creativity or something else we could bond over.
Apparently that's too much to ask for, though...heheh e.e
 blee
Msg: 83
Posted: 5/26/2009 10:30:17 PM
Ya but that still proves that woman go for "jerks" regardless of the disguise.
 blee
Msg: 84
Posted: 5/26/2009 10:36:55 PM
Bingo! why settle when there could be a better guy/girl in your inbox...
 bcsofnc57
Msg: 85
Posted: 5/27/2009 9:20:46 AM
I don't know what other women want, I only know what I am looking for in a man.

Looks.
1. Long hair as in at least shoulder length.
2. Taller than my 5'4" (not even sure why, but most are taller than that)
3. Thin to average.

Work: A man that has a job not a career. One that goes to work, does his job, clocks out, and is done with the job until he has to go back. Understands that a job is just a thing that pays bills not the main reason of his life.

One that has the same basic beliefs as me, especially when it comes to what a family is.
 HarDayKnight
Msg: 86
Posted: 5/27/2009 9:34:12 AM
Macy's has huge sausage 60% off?

According to some of the women that post here, 90% of men are 60% away from having a sausage at all.

Wannabe Prince
Msg: 87
view profile
History
Posted: 5/27/2009 9:52:43 AM
Your guess is as good as mine, butI don't dwell on it. What really attracts me to a woman is her intelligence, not her looks! Looks do help, but they are not everything.

Anyway, what is a woman looking for? Good question. I think there are a lot of right answers here. A man that can be her best friend. Afterall, is that not why 50% of marriages end in divorce? They married for the wrong reasons, no question in my mind.

Some will say that today is different, but I don't think it is. My great grandfather met my great grandmother when they were just 4 years of age! They were married for over 60 years! They were the best of friends first. It isn't rocket science guys-really, it isn't.

As for the women, I'm speaking for myself, but men, at least the more mature ones, are not looking for just sex. They are looking for the kind of connection that they don't feel with anyone else. That is usually on an emotional level. If a man is comfortable being himself around you, then he is looking for the same from you. This means you need to open up to him. Share your dreams-tell him what made you happy that day. Tell him what made you sad. Trust me, if he loves you, you will see how he responds to you and your relationship will be much stronger.
 MoparGuy69
Msg: 88
view profile
History
Posted: 5/27/2009 4:22:32 PM
I have a question for the women?

I met someone for a drink this past Monday night and we chatted for about an hour. I had her laughing and having a good old time. At close, she told me to call her whenever i wanted, and i have not heard back from her. I am really beginning to think all women are looking for this perfect guy. I think people are setting there expectations to high. My opinion. I could be wrong. I just want something real and someone to be honest even if the truth hurts.
 GoofBall311
Msg: 89
Posted: 5/28/2009 4:46:18 PM
What do women want? EVERYTHING!!!!!
 medcaptems
Msg: 90
Posted: 5/28/2009 5:37:37 PM
i think women are just as confused as men are in what they truely are looking for.i like you had found some one stopped for a little while . the relationship went south along with my video camera . Ive been on a few dates but mostly i have found that the women who write one thing dont mean what they say or say what they mean, probly to late in life to become a priest too.Ive always belived theres some one out there for each of us, in my area theres more women then men yet i am still alone , my female friends tell me im looking to hard.Then when you do find some one you like you go on a couble of dates and the next thing you know they quiet talking to you so i guess you bang your head on the wall while you try to figure out what went wrong.confuseion reigns yep thats the ticket!
 iloveshoes2
Msg: 91
Posted: 6/1/2009 9:05:53 AM
Sex. Hot Hot Sex!
 DocElffington
Msg: 92
view profile
History
Posted: 6/1/2009 11:11:16 AM
If women came in male and female form, men would be obsolete to some women.

In other words, some women are looking for a woman with a penis. They just simply cannot comprehend, let alone accept, that men are not women.

I think that women whom have a solid grasp on the fact that men are, inherently, different will not have trouble dating and being happy.
 2EachHisOwn
Msg: 93
Posted: 6/7/2009 3:21:32 PM
Get back 2 me when u have a real and definitive answer (from WOMEN of course)..other than that...good luck with this thread!! I was gonna say SEX but like I said...get back 2 me with the REAL answer!!!!
 ozzy43
Msg: 94
Posted: 6/9/2009 8:37:48 PM
This may have been touched on before but...

OP: if you write your e-mails in the same fashion as you wrote this post, the outcome you describe doesn't surprise me.

You don't have to be a perfect speller or grammarian, but geez, dude, my eyes almost fell outta my head trying to read and make sense of your post here.

Use paragraphs - and leave a space or two between the period and the first letter of the nest sentence!

Seriously, if you clean up your typing skills, you may just find women start typing back. Worth a try. ;-)

- Oz
 MoparGuy69
Msg: 95
view profile
History
Posted: 6/16/2009 12:44:35 PM
Msg # 198
Katwillow

So, did you call her?
Yes! I called her the first time and got a text message about 10 minutes later. I waited a few days and called again. I got another text message. I called a third time about 3 days later and didn't hear a peep. I deleted her off my hotlist and deleted all the messages.
 MoparGuy69
Msg: 96
view profile
History
Posted: 6/17/2009 9:10:39 PM
Thanks for the kind words!
 marrecon1
Msg: 97
Posted: 6/18/2009 10:42:31 AM
What are they looking for when they say that their body is average, but, they weigh anywhere from 180-250-???????? just a thought AMAZING!!!!!!
food for thought
 marrecon1
Msg: 98
Posted: 6/18/2009 10:44:12 AM
You are so right!!!!!!!!!!!
 miska1
Msg: 99
Posted: 6/18/2009 12:17:32 PM
Well according to all the "nice guys" we women are looking for Brad Pitt..................So I am going on a wabbit hunt for that wiley creature.

that waskly wabbit never comes to my town, damn him
 Aimyloo
Msg: 100
Posted: 6/25/2009 9:52:08 AM
I'd have to say I am looking for someone who is an equal in most respects. I have posted what I prefer, but that's not saying I wont bend a little. I just want someone genuine, who can carry on a multi-faceted conversation that involves the many aspects of life, appreciates me for the person that I am.. etc., etc. I'm by NO means perfect, I'm just me - and I like me :)

I seem to find on here- though, that a lot of the men I have spoken to say they want one thing or don't mind other things - but really don't mean it. They mostly seem to want trophies, or someone who wants to watch sports, hike, camp, fish, etc. That stuff is all great, but hey, I have my interests too... (I'm not much into sports, hiking hurts, my idea of camping is a Motel 6, fishing is ok as long as I dont have to gut it.. hehe.) But I'll try most anything. I'm just not super physically active (physical problems prevent this...) and thats what I run into alot on here... gym fanatics, or HWP- which I must say, I know very FEW women who are.

I am totally put off by men who immediately start questioning my 'build', or venture into sexual conversation right away. Now - I'm not a prude by any means, but to me, that type of conversation is saved for once you get to know someone a little better, but inevitably it always comes up. Always. I saw someone in here say something about "Just because I don't want to have sex with you, does'nt mean I don't want to have sex" Thats very true. I'm just uncomfortable thinking that someone wants to talk about the bedroom before even knowing ME. When those bits start failing you in the years to come, what will you have to fall back on? A relationship is NOT based on it, at least not in my world. Sure, it's a part of it -- but let nature take it's course!

Hmm.. wow.. ok I got a little off course for my first post.. sorry y'all! Just in case someone wants to flame me for grammar/spelling - please check yours before you do.. hehe. I've seen that alot in here since I've been forum lurking hehe
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > What are women really looking for?