Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Momma's boy's and Whine tits      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Kickn1Backā„¢
Msg: 1
Momma's boy's and Whine titsPage 2 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
Why is it that when you go to the forums now all you see is men, I assume that they are men, complaining about why a woman will not respond to an e-mail that they had sent or sent an e-mail and it was either read and deleted with no response or just downright deleted. I am a damn codger at this but just because I send an E-mail to someone and do not get a response, do I need to file a class action suit against someone or do I take it as THEY are not interested. Come on, get a clue.

KB
 passionteman
Msg: 2
Momma's boy's and Whine tits
Posted: 4/17/2009 9:37:41 AM
No complaints here. Who gives a f*ck if someone reads and doesn't respond or deletes messages? It is all part of the selection process. Some like one type of person with certain characteristics and personalities, while others have different opinions.

So............

Why be a wuss and whine all over the site about it? :)
 Confident-Realist
Msg: 3
Posted: 4/17/2009 9:39:21 AM
Yeah, the whining is crazy. I think many people think they DESERVE people to want them, and they take it as a personal attack if too many people don't. Some gals may have 2 kids, going to school, and a full-time job, but feel they -deserve- a guy wanting a serious relationship with them right off the bat, despite the circumstances... and when guys won't, they call them jerks or playing games. Same goes for people with ultra-anal restrictions (age range 3 years younger or older, 10 Must Nots),whining about how everyone's a player lol.

It's one thing to feel disappointed at first when realizing that people you find attractive won't conform to (or fit into) your way about things, but it's another thing to whine (guys and girls).

For the record, I think it's silly to demand "Thanks but No Thanks" emails. But I don't entirely agree with this statement...

they want a reason so maybe next time they can do it better. All that tells me is that they're weakly trying to conform to what they think women want.

I think when guys do mass emails or email some gal they've had an online crush on, they want to know if it's something they did wrong or there's egg on their face. That's normal. I don't think they're trying to be a chameleon or anything like that (although some might).

Many of the whiners of wanting a message back "Thanks but No Thanks" whine because they want to know what they did wrong and get advice. Thing is, they need to realize that even if a gal (or guy) writes them back giving them such advice, there's a 95% chance they are NOT going to tell the truth. They just need to hit up the Profile Reviews instead of the guy or gal they wrote in the first place, to get a judgment call on themselves and their profile (but even then they very well may not get a no-nonsense critique of themself as a person).
 Okietokie88
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 4/17/2009 12:49:11 PM
I agree whole heatedly mate,seems that some; rather a good chunk of the men on this site feel "Entitled" to a response.Then to make things worse they flock to the forums in record numbers to start threads about "Why don't women like{self proclaimed}nice guys",or out right bash women for "their part" in the non response ploy that must be being facilitated on this site....I mean that must be the ONLY reason why a woman wouldn't respond to an email.

There almost as bad as the people who protest against the superficial nature of the world and then swear that they'll never grace POF with their NEGATIVITY AND IMPATIENCE again just to be seen moments later starting a thread on the "Perils of being a Nice guy on POF"
 Blondecharmthe3rd
Msg: 5
Posted: 4/18/2009 12:03:13 PM
Not just men do this, women do too.... I have contacted a number of people just for commenting on a post, or their photo or profile to get no response back. Most of time I never expected one!!!

Rejection sucks, all the way around but without it... you can't get to the good stuff. We all have to face it that we are not meant for EVERYONE, the quicker you get that fact then the less the sting is when someone doesn't want you back.

I say be friendly, regardless. I am ... here or out at the corner store, picking up groceries or at work. Its quite easy, and your day is much better because of it. Its rare for a person to face to face reject another for simply smiling. You smile, people tend to smile back.
 Blondecharmthe3rd
Msg: 6
Posted: 4/18/2009 12:03:22 PM
Not just men do this, women do too.... I have contacted a number of people just for commenting on a post, or their photo or profile to get no response back. Most of time I never expected one!!!

Rejection sucks, all the way around but without it... you can't get to the good stuff. We all have to face it that we are not meant for EVERYONE, the quicker you get that fact then the less the sting is when someone doesn't want you back.

I say be friendly, regardless. I am ... here or out at the corner store, picking up groceries or at work. Its quite easy, and your day is much better because of it. Its rare for a person to face to face reject another for simply smiling. You smile, people tend to smile back.
 StarreGazer
Msg: 7
Posted: 4/18/2009 12:30:52 PM

Msg: 4 -- you know what else i think is funny.... guys always say that
girls never answer emails but ive always answered every email ive ever
been sent

Yeah, and what ELSE is funny? I get emails from women who have
OBVIOUSLY **FAILED** to read my profile. At first, I would send them a
message simply stating that I KNEW they hadn't read the profile. Then
it got tiring. Then I failed to respond to them. How many times must I
say "Your message quite CLEARLY indicates you did NOT read my
profile"? For you women out there who have SPECIFICALLY written their
profiles to EXCLUDE certain men, BELIEVE me, I can relate. As much
EFFORT as I have devoted to crafting my profile, I consider it an
INSULT for some brainless twit to write me about a possible date who
has OBVIOUSLY **NOT** read what I have written. After all, WHY BOTHER
to have a profile if no one reads it?
 mysteriousromeo
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 4/18/2009 12:41:38 PM
If someone takes the time to write a message to someone, it's common courtesy to reply back; even if it's just a "not interested." Of course, common courtesy isn't so "common" anymore.
 StarreGazer
Msg: 9
Posted: 4/18/2009 12:57:15 PM

Msg: 8 -- If they are getting no responses I think they are worried
that women here aren't real. I thought that for awhile when I first
came here but I can say to those guys the women here are real.

I have received courteous responses from EVERY woman I have addressed.
WHY? Because I take the time to actually READ her profile. I have had
dates with some, but most were polite rejections. Why? Because they
were POLITE **ENOUGH** to READ my profile before responding.

Oh, did I say "rejections"? Yup, I sure did, uh-huh! I search for a
SPECIFIC sort of woman. My profile STATES that. So, the woman reads my
profile, says thanks, but no thanks, I am NOT your type of woman.

What benefit have I gained by this? Wow, do you REALLY have to ask?
She deselected herself from a list of possibles. This means that I can
continue my search without investigating her desires. She FREED me of
HER baggage by rejecting me. Her rejection allowed me to continue my
search for my TRUE desire.

For those who understand, rejection is a TRUE aid in one's search for
the most desirable mate.
 El_Mariachi
Msg: 10
Posted: 4/18/2009 1:00:10 PM
If we're gonna kill all the whiney-man threads.. we have to kill the whiney-woman threads too.
 mthomjmark
Msg: 11
Posted: 4/18/2009 9:41:09 PM
Kickn its because of the spoiled brat wussifying of America.

Real sports on HBO just had a show where schools are going to start not allowing tag, dodge ball, jump roap, and other things to kids because they may feel like a failure and not win.

Some idiot principle (yes a soccer mom), says that kids can't do high fives; they can only play "shadow tag" and touch their shadows; and jump roap with a pretend jump rope;

Is the whole entire country friggin nuts and being run by a bunch of OC mothers? OMG.

The internet generation for the most part are very spoiled and get what they want so their parents can feel good about themselves. They dont deal with rejection or failure.

When women reject them, they freak out and can't handle it. I mean they are spoiled rotten and are used to getting whatever they want.

Parenting is at an all time low and it's getting worse. Like Kathy Griffin once joked; "we know all of the u.s. children are gifted, and very sweet". LOL;
 mthomjmark
Msg: 12
Posted: 4/18/2009 9:43:08 PM
P.S. some say it's common courtesy but I see the types of emails that go to some of my friends; they are vulgar, and pathetic.

If it's a nice one, guys have to realize some girls get dozens of emails per day and can't answer them all if they tried.

Get a clue guys and stop being so sensitive. Internet dating shouldnt' be your main dating tool anyway.
 El_Mariachi
Msg: 13
Posted: 4/18/2009 10:01:05 PM

When women reject them, they freak out and can't handle it.

Those folks must all log in here, too. *le sigh*
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Momma's boy's and Whine tits