Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > Girl doesn't want to be my friend anymore.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 comfort123
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Girl doesn't want to be my friend anymore.Page 2 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
Mike, her response to your e-mail reveals that she is vindictive and immature for not speaking with you in a timely manner about her "concerns".

IMHO Mike, Move on with your life. This "lady" is problematic and cannot be trusted because based on your "friendship" she should have given you the benefit of the doubt rather than dismiss you as if you were a stranger.
 anjelic
Msg: 27
Girl doesn't want to be my friend anymore.
Posted: 5/2/2009 3:55:22 AM
She has a new friend,or group she wants to be with. My best girlfriend dumped me at 13.I was devestated,no explanation. 6 months later I saw her hanging with the
"pot heads" and drinkers.She went her way and I went mine. I know it hurts deep in the gut. We never did more than say a hello or two even after she dumped them. You would think after Jr. high people wouldn't leave things with out some word as to why,but it happens. One "friend"I use the term here loosely,dumped me because I knew to much about her real self and refused to be an excuse to her family and husband (she cheated quite a few times)
for her going out drinking and party life."If husband calls" type thing. I flat out said no.

Find a real friend,they are rare.
 3e
Msg: 28
Posted: 5/2/2009 6:37:10 AM
Don't contact her. Know that you have worth and do not sell yourself out by trying to be apart of something that is nothing. She does not want to be with you. The reasons are unimportant. Brush your shoulders off and move on. Be easy buddy it may happen again. Oh well, some day you'll find the right one and won't that be great.
 Gloria212
Msg: 29
Posted: 5/4/2009 3:36:42 PM
She probably is confused herself, like so many of us are. Still, it wasn't a very nice way to treat you, you need to rethink if she was ever really worth it. Friends don't treat friends like that.
 steve3382
Msg: 30
Posted: 5/4/2009 7:32:57 PM
email her back and thank her, then call her mother and ask her out.
 missinjykidd
Msg: 31
Posted: 5/5/2009 1:30:52 PM
Wow, that's so heartless : ( I feel for u. Hope ur feeling better about everything. Actually I hope you've let it stop troubling you. It's not nice to ignore people for a reason like that ... the cold shoulder / silent treatment is weak ... it's actually considered a form of emotional / mental abuse.
 Mike324
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 5/5/2009 4:43:02 PM
I'm guessing somebody in her family said something to her that made her feel uncomfortable. She apologized in an email for the way she handled it and she's talking to me again. If she ever does this to me again, it will be the last time and I'm not gonna dwell on it anymore.

-Mike-
 Ettien
Msg: 33
Posted: 5/5/2009 4:57:36 PM
^ Good luck, Mike. Be careful. Maybe you guys will be able to move on from this and look back some day and laugh. I'm not sure I like the future outcome but let's just hope for the best. Realistically though, she doesn't seem like she knows what she wants and is probably liable to hurt you again.

the cold shoulder / silent treatment is weak ... it's actually considered a form of emotional / mental abuse.

I think it shows real immaturity on a person's part mostly. It's a form of trying to hurt the other person. While I do think there are times where giving someone the silent treatment is understandable, it seems in Mike's case he at least deserved an explanation/conversation as to why "he went wrong" (in her eyes).

She's obviously still maturing. Those girls who are still young and unsure of what they want are dangerous. Watch out bro. And good luck.
 Meh2k
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 5/5/2009 7:20:22 PM

I'm guessing somebody in her family said something to her that made her feel uncomfortable. She apologized in an email for the way she handled it and she's talking to me again. If she ever does this to me again, it will be the last time and I'm not gonna dwell on it anymore.

-Mike-

You're a better person then me then, I would have told her to **** off and left it at that after that email
 Melle101
Msg: 35
Posted: 5/8/2009 10:05:41 AM
Ok i am sorry if this one has already come up... Could it be that she really likes you as more than a friend and is being mad at you as her way of coping with the possibility that you might not like her that way??..
 sugarbunny86
Msg: 36
Posted: 5/8/2009 10:39:57 AM
That whole open with her family is an excuse , i dont know why people cant be honest it hurts less.
She probably thought she was leading you on and didnt want to hurt you.
Maybe she didnt like the fat her family approved of you. If im honest i think she may have been trying to keep you happy and didnt feel good enough.
Who knows hunni but u sound like a great decent bloke and u deserve a nice girl to look after you x
 Toronto Blue
Msg: 37
Posted: 5/8/2009 10:40:14 AM
Sometimes, people have different levels of investment in a relationship. Maybe you thought you were better friends than she did, maybe she thought that the answer she gave you was sufficient. Even when you consider someone a friend or girlfriend, they may have completely different ways of viewing a situation than you do.
 Mike324
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Posted: 5/8/2009 11:31:40 PM
We are back together (currently). We went to a bar tonight. It was karaoke night. She sang. I didn't want to scare everyone out of the bar....lol... so I just watched. I just got back home. (after dropping her off). I'm about to turn in for the night. I'm tired. It's been a long day today.

-Mike-
 mthomjmark
Msg: 39
Posted: 5/9/2009 11:56:10 AM
nothing you can do; i mean she wont talk to you and doesn't want you around anymore; something happened that you are not telling us in this post; it's very obvious.

no one asks you to meet her family then 2 days later blows you off; it could be she met someone and doesnt' want to look like an idiot for bringing you and being with someone so soon, or it's she's dating someone and she doesn't want you around.

I'd move on; not much you can do if someone wont talk to you
 Mike324
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Posted: 7/20/2009 8:47:53 PM
UPDATE: I took her out for her birthday a couple of nights ago and bought her dinner... Just tonight, she sends me an email saying she doesn't want to see me anymore with no reason. I'm gonna be really hurt for a long time but I'm done. I'm not playing her games anymore.

-Mike-
 oldmaid72
Msg: 41
Posted: 7/20/2009 9:45:47 PM
Oh that blows. What a witch. She sounds like one of those fair weather friends. When things are good she sticks around but as soon as someone better comes along she's out of there. Sorry you went through this.
 Cuteylicious
Msg: 42
Posted: 7/20/2009 10:05:05 PM
It sounds like this girl has borderline personality disorder.

Unless you can live with that, let her be somebody else's problem.
 justbunky
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 7/21/2009 8:51:50 AM
OP, I'm glad you got your answer. But I wonder if you were moving just a little too slowly. Did she want more than friendship? It seems like it, if she invited you to meet her family. And since this is causing you pain, maybe you wanted more than friendship, too? IMO, it can be a little frustrating when a guy shows no romantic or sexual interest, if that's the woman's agenda. We have girlfriends to hang out with! I've dealt with that before, and lost interest pretty quickly. You may even come across as gay if you are too passive for too long. (Forgive me if you are, and really did just want a friend.) That little spark - will he or won't he hold my hand? Kiss me? etc - is what keeps our interest piqued. No physical chemistry - Zzzzzzzzz. Next time, be a little bolder! Let your feelings show! You seem like a nice guy and a real gentleman...but sadly, sometimes it's the bad boys who come out ahead.
 Mike324
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 7/21/2009 4:14:07 PM
Here is a copy of the email I got from her that was sent around 9:30 last night.

Mike,
I know that you are in bed and all, but I just wanted to email you to tell you goodnight and all and that I dont wish to see you anymore , I would just like to be with my friends on the weekends.

Denise
 Cuteylicious
Msg: 45
Posted: 7/21/2009 5:11:44 PM

Mike,
I know that you are in bed and all, but I just wanted to email you to tell you goodnight and all and that I dont wish to see you anymore , I would just like to be with my friends on the weekends.

Denise

Stay tuned for the next episode!

Mike, do yourself a favor and resist having anything to do with this person. She has a problem and you don't have the solution.

You will find one with a good head screwed between her shoulders, you just gonna have to wait. Cheers!
 jarbarian2
Msg: 46
Posted: 7/21/2009 7:02:46 PM
The reason you are upset is your confidence comes from your perception of how OTHER people feel about you.

Want to stop it? Go read "No More Mr. Nice Guy" (Glover). You need to be a confident, secure guy and the book will show you how.
 Mike324
Msg: 47
view profile
History
Posted: 11/7/2009 4:27:55 PM
Just out of the blue, she started talking to me again. I asked her why she dumped me again but she is just dodging the question and saying that she wants to be friends with me again and forget about the past... so I just told her to **** off and that I am not interested in any of her games.

-Mike-
 **~renegadeoutlaw~**
Msg: 48
Posted: 11/7/2009 4:59:23 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^ Good for you, Mike!^^^^^^^^^^^^^

You don't deserve that crap. You deserve good people who will truly be friends with you. And if something comes of it down the road, so be it.....if not, friends is always good.

So now, you block all her emails and hopefully she doesn't have your number.

NO Contact! You go!
 Thaddal
Msg: 49
Posted: 11/7/2009 5:21:27 PM
She has a steady boyfriend...be respectful and dont contact her....anymore...even if she contacts you eventually...dont respond to her....if you do...you are telling her that you are at her beck and call....have a little Pride...and..there is no need for you to understand why she doesnt want to speak to you....
Now...go to a bar you havent been to before that serves food...and...relax...eat and drink...and sit at the bar...and enjoy yourself....you will meet some new friends...
 Mike324
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Posted: 11/7/2009 5:29:12 PM

She has a steady boyfriend...be respectful and dont contact her....anymore...

lol. people need to start reading the entire thread before replying.
Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > Girl doesn't want to be my friend anymore.