Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Recipes and Cooking  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 raxarsr
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Need a seafood recipe for scallops!!Page 2 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
bacon and scallops always go great together...............i made an incredible salad once......you can use and salad greens you like.....top with bay scallops.[the small ones]......crumbled bacon........plenty of lemon juice.....a splash of balsamic vinegar...........i didnt use any....but i bet crumbled feta cheese would be great too
 Dovelett
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Need a seafood recipe for scallops!!
Posted: 4/18/2009 1:31:53 PM
Scallops in a White Wine Creamed Sauce
This is very good cut recipe down
Serves 6
1/4 c. white wine
1/4 c. white wine vinegar
1 T. shallots
1/2 c. heavy cream
3/4 c. butter

24 sea scallops
1 T. extra virgin olive oil
salt ñ pepper to taste
Cayenne pepper to your liking

Medium saucepan combine wine –wine vinegar -shallots -cook until liquid is almost evaporated-approximately 1 tablespoon left. Stir in heavy cream - let boil down until reduced by half. Stir in butter 1 tablespoon at a time- allowing each to melt before adding the next. Keep warm while preparing the scallops.

Preheat oven on broiler setting.
Brush scallops with olive oil - sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place under preheated broiler for 2 minutes on each side, until scallops are opaque, with a bit of brown around the edges. Place a spoonful of sauce on each plate, and top with 4 scallops

Notes~added garlic- - a pinch of nutmeg to give it a kind of 'Lobster Nuberg' taste.
Lemon on the side
 SamuraiPixie
Msg: 5
Posted: 4/18/2009 5:21:13 PM
Marinate the scallops in white wine, and lots of garlic and basil, the longer the better.

Then heat some olive oil or a little bit of herbed butter in a skillet, and saute till there is a golden crust on the scallops, squirt a tiny bit of lemon, then put them aside and cool. Serve over spring greens with a nice bottle of wine.

Same recipe as above, but add some fresh tomatoes that you've pureed with basil, oregano, garlic, and some port wine or other red wine, simmer, add to fresh angel hair pasta.

Same recipe as above, to start, wilt some spinach, and puree in a cuisneart with some ricotta cheese, parmesan, etc., add to lasagna sheets you've precooked, put mixture in sheets, roll up and bake till bubbly, put scallops over the lasagna roll ups, serve with wine and some crusty bread.

These also work well with shrimp...

Suz aka Sami
 Dovelett
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 4/19/2009 9:36:19 AM
Do those scallops on BBQ with skewers - don't overcook them!

Brush with melted butter/evolive oil- Romano cheese - touch of cayenne pepper-dash of dried shrimp sesonings n chopped chives. Turn often n on high direct heat

Try with just little tequila in the butter/evolive oil with fresh lime juice or lemon if you prefer!
 Moonchild51
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 4/21/2009 3:52:25 AM
I like to wrap my scallops in bacon and then broil them. When they come out, just squeeze some fresh lemon juice over them and you are good to go. They come out juicy and sweet! Gee thanks, now you have me wanting some!
 Dovelett
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 4/21/2009 3:14:05 PM
Moonchild .... Yepper...........Delicious they are- add just a with little red crushed pepper to your recipe as the oil is heating in the skillet ..... Grilling have to sprinkle very lightly at the end n sometimes add little romano cheese grated
soon the Sea Bay Scallops will be coming in on week-ends at Costco really fresh...
 diana411
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 6/10/2009 11:07:12 AM
appetizer stuffing mushrooms , your local seafood counter has a delicious seafood stuffing put a scollop in the mushroom cap from which you have removed the stem mix the seafood stuffing with minced clams cover the scollop with a good dollop a d pack it then lay a piece of bacon across the top put each mushroom in a small muffin tin cup and back till bacon is golden yummey
 diana411
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 6/10/2009 11:10:23 AM
in a cast iron pan heat till very hot brush lightly with oil brown on both sides then place on a bed of spinich which has been sauteed in garlic and olive oil salt and pepper cover with a touch of hollandaze
 diana411
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 6/10/2009 11:11:22 AM
i agree very hot very little oil
 Fifi47
Msg: 13
Posted: 6/11/2009 10:59:28 AM
These recipes sound great, I am going to the beach next week, now I am going to have to buy some scallops to cook when I return home.
 Park_Guy
Msg: 14
Posted: 6/12/2009 6:21:53 PM
I always like some turf with my surf lol, too much seafood which usually involves a butter preperation leaves me feeling greasy, some meat and potatoes offsets that (at least my stomache believes it.)

My absolute favorite way to enjoy scallops is my Steak Neptune...
(aka Steak Oscar with a twist)

overly simplified recipe, I just kind of do it by ear:
-prepare some nice garlic mashed potatoes.
-bbq a beautiful steak nice and rare (or your prefered doness).
-While the steak is resting, dice (not too small) and saute scallops and shrimp in butter,
-layer the steak with the scallops and skrimp
-layer the scallops and shrimp in bernaise sauce, prepare it a little thick for best results
-sprinkle the bernaise with swiss cheese and broil till just brown.

Enjoy!
The scallops and bernaise just compliment each other nicely, and the sharp swiss contrasts the mild scallops.

Now I'm hungry... off to the store for some scallops and steak!
 QuixX
Msg: 15
Posted: 6/13/2009 11:29:12 PM
Sear and baste with butter and fine herbs.
 kbodley
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 6/14/2009 9:31:28 AM
Our family goes to the beach every year for Easter and we have a family seafood feast on Saturday night. Everyone brings one of their favorites and this recipe has become such a family favorite that if I don't make it, there is a large and unfriendly uproar! Fortunately, it is very easy!

For 2 lbs of Bay Scallops (which is a lot of scallops)
Crush two sleeves of Ritz crackers to VERY FINE crumbs (I usually do this in the blender or food processor to make sure that I get them completely crushed, but you can do this with a heavy plastic bag and a rolling pin.)

2 lbs of Bay Scallops, rinse and pick off any strings, etc.
Beat one egg and toss scallops in egg
Coat scallops in cracker crumbs
Spread coated scallops on sheet pan in one layer
Melt one cup of REAL BUTTER and drizzle over the scallops
Sprinkle with LAWRY'S Season Salt

Bake in 450 degree oven for 10 to 15 minutes (10 minutes if your scallops are very small, 15 if they are on the larger size) Serve immediately!

When making this recipe for a large crowd I usually do two pans, and wait to put second pan into the oven until the first has been almost consumed!

Caution! These are very rich and really addictive!
 Moonchild51
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 7/30/2009 4:27:34 PM
I wanna marry James, Pilot and Doc! Gawd you men would make an awesome date! Simply cook a gal dinner and you will have her heart, hook, line an sinker! Pun intended!
Love scallops and this thread is a definate must save...cept here in Cannuckville, scallops are so dayumed expensive!
 karma1160
Msg: 19
Posted: 8/4/2009 7:57:30 AM
I like to saute my scallops in butter, garlic, fresh tarragon, hungarian paparika, and a pinch of honey at the end.
 Dovelett
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 8/4/2009 9:44:37 AM
Sea Scallops Wrapped in Bacon Cooked over Mesquite Wood
Have hot grill ready adding mesquite wood soaked in water for 30 minutesbefore hand .... going to place scallops on high rack so they grill n smoke -watch them carefully so they don't burn turning often -could place on skweres maybe with space in between..

Make Scallops
Wrap bacon around large sea scallops secured with a toothpick
season lightly with Lawery's Salt or what ever u want

or
add just with a little red crushed pepper with melted butter in a pan with a little lime or lemon juice in a bowl -dip large sea scallops in melted butter sauce first -than wrap with the bacon n secure with toothpicks. Than grill or broil
Before serving sprinkle very lightly with romano cheese grated cheese.

Sea Bay Scallops at Costco are awesome when in season.
These are great with Jumbo Shrimp..

Sometimes I add little wine to the butter sauce.
Opps I also use Slab Bacon n sometimes sprinkle lightly both sides with garlic granular . Enjoy n do grill these up with a few filet migons wrapped in bacon gilling over the mesquite wood. Start the filets first... Serve with a great salad
 Dovelett
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 3/29/2010 2:39:16 AM
These were really delicious

Jumbo or X-large shrimp devinded peeled ñ tails removed
Set aside - ready to use along with Sea Scallops

Swirl little peanut oil ñ I Can’t Believe It’s Butter 2 -3 tablespoons hot sauce I got from Loco Pollo. (It is hot
Jalapeño seeded diced fine or thin strips –as much as u like
Garlic granular or garlic cloves diced to taste lightly
Green onion ñ few stems chops
Sauté till semi tender on jalapeño

Add sea scallops- cooking almost through add a few peeled-devein jumbo shrimp -tails removed till pink n cooked through..Stir Scallops will not be tough -Salt to taste

YOU WANT MORE.

NOTE~ oil - butter with sauce will depend on how much ur cooking.
 Dovelett
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 3/29/2010 1:41:54 PM
Tequila Scallops Supreme
Serves 4

1/4 c. tequila
1 c. lime juice freshly squeezed
1/2 c. lemon juice freshly squeezed
1/2 c. sugar
1-2 jalapeños or seranno stemmed seeded coarsely chopped
3/4 c. 1/2 in. green onion n some stems
1 c. cilantro leaves chopped
1 tsp. garlic
1/2 tsp. salt
1 lb. large sea scallops
1 T. olive oil
1 lime quartered
3 tsp. cilantro minced

Place all ingredients EXCEPT scallops n olive oil in a blender or food processor - purée. Taste mixture -add more jalape¤o as desired. Transfer mixture to mixing bowl - set aside.

Rinse scallops in cold water -pat dry. In a skillet -sauté pan over high heat- heat olive oil just until smoking. Add scallops to pan -sear well without stirring or tossing.

Add citrus mixture to pan- bring to boil. When liquid reaches a boil- turn scallops - cook 1 minute more. Remove scallops- cover to keep warm- reduce sauce to half its original volume over high heat.

Serve- divide scallops among plates. Pour liquid from pan directly over plates. Garnish with lime wedges n cilantro.

~~~~~~~~`
Alfredo with Cream Crushed Chili Flakes n With Scallops
1/4 c. butter
sprinkle some red crushed chili pepper flakes
heat well
add
1/4 c. flour
make a roux
add
2 c. heavy cream or more to consistency you want
have green onions with some stems already diced really fine to add ñ cook
little garlic granular to ur taste

salt
I use little Accent in mine also
white or black pepper to taste

~or try this with Scallops~

35% whipping cream
pepper
tarragon
1 tsp. lemon zest
Romano or Parmesan
Asiago
red Onion
crushed garlic (much as u want
fresh Scallops (not canned ñ pre cook a little not all the way*
Bowtie Pasta (any pasta

Melt butter in pan on low - turn up heat- wait for butter to sizzle. Now pour in whipping cream-it will bubble ñ thicken immediately Stir continually- so cream doesn't burn.
While cream is thickening- mix in crushed garlic. Add Romano or Parm to thicken cream a little more-sprinkle tarragon into sauce until or aroma is heavenly .A teaspoon of lemon zest will bring out flavors of scallops that go in next *(which should have been pre-cooked-cook couple minutes to finish cooking scallops ñ not to rubbery stage Pepper to taste or use little cayenne pepper.

Pour this creamy delicious sauce over any pasta-sprinkle asiago on top with parsley or chives chopped or with diced red onions serve hot.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Scallops with Basil
Saute scallops in some olive oil- garlic and a pinch of basil - heat skillet
just hot enough to create a light brown crust on scallops
and turn them about every minute- careful not to over cook !
Add little red crushed pepper if u like with some fresh squeezed lemon juice
Show ALL Forums  > Recipes and Cooking  >