Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Do you love your job?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 sillie one
Msg: 26
Do you love your job?Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
Job? I'd love a job! I just got laid off last week for the second time this year. Back to the endless mindless applying for crappy part time work that pays substandard wages. Full time? I haven't seen any full time...
Keeping up with the Jones'? I don't compare my efforts to other people's possessions.
I strife to keep a positive attitude, and feed, clothe, and house my children.
 GubbleBum
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Do you love your job?
Posted: 4/19/2009 3:53:19 PM
Yup, I teach and love it! After 20 years of working in the nursing field, I decided to do something I had dreamed of since I was a little girl (also dreamed of being a nurse, stewardess, fashion model, veterinarian, mommy and hippie ). At 41 I went back to school, and here I am, almost 5 years into it, loving every minute of it.

Funny, when I went back to school I met a bunch of nurses going to college for the second time who were going to school to become teachers, and a bunch of teachers in college for the second time to become nurses!
 AdvanceMan
Msg: 28
Do you love your job?
Posted: 4/19/2009 3:57:33 PM
I am an administrative assistant for my hometown's tax collector. I can't say I love my job, but I like a lot of things about it. My boss is nice, it challenges me to find ways of being creative, and it pays decent money. Ideally, I would write music for the video game industry, but I haven't been able to find much information on that field as far as how much it pays or what qualifications are needed. It could always be a side job, I'd be willing to keep my current job and take this one on as well.
 NocturnalPrincess
Msg: 29
Do you love your job?
Posted: 4/19/2009 5:05:00 PM
I have gained a lot from many of the comments here, and I truly wish everyone the best in their pursuits.

I struggle with the concepts of the mentalities of people that do not take advantage of a free (high school) education and then feel like the world and the government owes them. At one time, I worked as a vendor for a baseball stadium, and it was totally merit based. The more you sold, the more you made, and if you screwed up making change, then you screwed yourself. I strongly believe in The Merit System.

My aforementioned good friend in my intial post is a bit older than I, and with the challenged economy, she is looking to get any job that she can hate, even if it pays less than her experience should command, in order to get health benefits.

Yes, I am fortunate to have a job and job security after my years of "time served," and perhaps as someone said here that it is only 1/3 of my life, but wouldn't it be glorious to look forward to going to work?
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Do you love your job?