Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Are Russian Women Different?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Alabamamam
Msg: 8
Are Russian Women Different?Page 2 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
I am Estonian and we are very close to Russia. I have few Russain friends and actually speak some very broken Russian. Russain ladies often take a sit back approach in relationship and give a man the right to persue. They afraid to push. It is apllicable to many carrer matters as well. They feel less equal in relationship that American women who often expect equality. They want a guy to be a leader.
It is the best I can expplain it.
 Zephyr2553
Msg: 9
Are Russian Women Different?
Posted: 4/29/2009 10:24:58 PM
Yeah! They wear Kossak's when they "do" it......lol

News flash.....we're all the same, we pms, we get jealous, we want things, we can P whip you before you can bat an eye.

The only difference between Russian women and us is 5,000 miles and guess who gets to pay airfare?????

Good luck with that.
 mthomjmark
Msg: 10
Posted: 4/29/2009 11:26:42 PM
I've date 3 russian women and they are very insecure in some ways; they are very attentive and smart but wow, they seem to be beyond sensitive and very easy to offend.

One asked me if I liked a certain rock group and I said no and you would have thought I killed her dog.

I've been to Russia often and they have a huge alcohol problem with men; the avg. lifespan for some men in the major regions of Russia is 57 years old.

They are an extremely proud people but they value education and their women are very elegant and sophisticated and very beautiful.

The cultures are way different; it's a challenge but they are a fun challenge.
 HelmoLittlemen
Msg: 11
Posted: 4/29/2009 11:45:41 PM
It all sounds very familiar, I dated one for 4 months. Could it be the same one? Did you meet on line? does her name start with a "T ", she states that she 40 yrs old actually 42yrs old, short brown hair, hazel eyes, 5'7" heavy smoker. Speaks softly with accent and argumentative at times. Recommendation, give it up, its costly, you'll whine up frustrated. I could go on and on.....
 platypus_man
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 4/30/2009 2:22:13 AM
Some people don't think it's proper for a woman to 'pursue' or act overly interested. Yet, if she responds when you make advances, pays attention to you when you're together, answers your calls, and looks at you a lot when you're together, touches you frequently (no, I don't mean in a sexual way, just casually), smiles when she sees you each time you meet, you really have to go with your gut and hang in there; she may never 'warm up', but she likes you quite a bit. On the other hand, if she is often 'busy' when you want to go out, always seems like she'd rather be somewhere else when you're together, or disagrees with you often, perhaps you will have to forget her. People who are interested in each other find time to be with each other, and enjoy it.
 Zephyr2553
Msg: 13
Posted: 4/30/2009 5:53:50 AM
I'm thinking of ordering a Russian mail order groom. What do you think? I could get a young one and train him up the way I want him. He can wait on me hand and foot. I'd like to come home from a hard day at work to a well educated, handsome, strapping, adoring, high maintenance Russian guy who will:

1) massage my tired feet and shoulders

2) have my delicious hot meal waiting

3) be ready with entertaining and stimulating conversation or just shut up when I don't feel like talking

4) is fashionable

5) works out at the gym

6) is respectful and attentive

7) loves sex and is up for just about anything

Sounds like a plan. I also thought of mail ordering a groom from Asia or Poland....oh, know what??? When I did a search on my computer for a website for mail order grooms, there weren't any!! Oh, shucky darn!! I may just have to look into that....equality and all, ya know.
 tuller
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 5/6/2009 7:23:25 PM
OP..is she Russian born or American born?
 QuestForNormal
Msg: 15
Posted: 5/6/2009 7:42:59 PM
I live in a town heavily populated by Russians. The women are very, very different and, without exception, are strictly money driven. Now before I get attacked, these are not generalizations or stereotypes, they are observations. It is a topic that is discussed regularly and everyone's experience has been the same. Every single time I have ever chatted with one of them, they have asked me a financial question, usually something about my business or what kind of car I drive within the first 5 minutes, often within the first 2. There are a plethora of Russian women here who are in their mid 30s, married 3 or 4 times with a child with each man. The general consensus is that Russian women like to upgrade their husbands and the single men around here are all well aware and tend to stay far away. There have been times when I would IM with one of them and would say that I had some menial job and miraculously, they instantly vanished. Kind of funny and kind of sad but here it is a well-known reality.
 OutMind
Msg: 16
Posted: 5/8/2009 2:21:40 PM
I come from a country that has very, very beautiful women. They are also very high maintenance and remind me of Russian women. They do take excellent care of their looks, they know how to flirt and they know how to take advantage of a situation if it presents itself. For instance, if you buy them dinner, bring them flowers, do all that stuff, they will love it. Notice I said love IT. Not YOU.

I know I am going to get hammered for what I am about to say, but here's what has been my experience. Treat them well, like I mentioned above and they will treat you like a used rag. Tread them like a use rag and they will not get enough of you. Now, this sounds kind of sick, but like someone here mentioned, Russian men have huge alcohol problems, and tend to be brutes in their relationships with women. So even though these women would love to be treaded nice, when you do, it doesn't do anything for them. You become "their friend" or really a girlfriend. But you put them in their proverbial place and then they come to you.

Also, unlike American women that like to single date even from the first date, they tell you right off the bat that they are seeing other people as well. That was my experience with the only Russian woman I have gone out.
 OutMind
Msg: 17
Posted: 5/8/2009 3:07:36 PM

You can think this way if that’s your fancy, but this is not true in most cases. Especially for women who are not ethnically Russian, but more of “Russian speaking”. Those women who have lived in the US for years don’t have “fetish” of being treated like a “used rag”.

I think you fail to understand the issue. If you are of Russian descent, but grew up in the STATES, you are indeed AN AMERICAN. My gf is of Russian descent, but she's American. What I am talking and the OP is talking about is not about biological ethnicity but cultural upbringing. If you grew up in Kiev or Petrograd and your father is an alcoholic and until recently they had not much to live on, they are totally different that those that grew up here.
 TOMic bomb
Msg: 18
Posted: 5/8/2009 4:23:02 PM
i agree with the man above^^^^^^^^
the only russian bride i know was married to a rich older man and she had nothing but designer clothing and was spoiled and high maintenance. she wasn't a good friend and my kindness was not reciprocated. so i stopped being her friend.
 michaeld70
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 5/14/2009 3:09:35 PM
Russia is a very different place, thousands of years of culture, historical sites, etc., I havent been there yet but would love to go and see the entire country some day. From what I've read about Russian women (generalization), is that if they've grown up in a very large city like Moscow, then they will be more similar to American women than if they are from a small town or rural area. They are used to having everything within easy reach like shopping, clubs and entertainment. There are many sites set up for dating Russian women, for me, the language barrier would be difficult, but if you research the russian people you will find that they are a very interesting people.
 suibhne
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 6/16/2009 6:54:36 PM
Depends on the female. While living overseas in Europe, I met many varities of females, each different. I finally came to the conclusion that they want you for what you can do for them, not what they can do for you, which is selfish, and isnt love at all.

Not long ago, many Eastern Block marriages are fixed, many for financial issues. So keep in mind the word "power". He who has the power, has the ability to influence another. Power often refers to money here in the civilized world.
 gaguyinca
Msg: 22
Posted: 7/1/2009 11:25:37 AM
Yes, they are very different!

My ex wife (notice I use this term) is Russian.

Met her at eecl.org, went to Russia in 2000 to meet her in person after writing her for several months, spent 10 days with her, asked her on Orthodox Christmas to come to the U.S., and went all the way to L.A. to pick her up because I didn't think she could handle a connecting flight to SJC.

We were married for almost 5 years and she left me after she paid off her car in about a year, had some $$ saved up in the bank that she never offered to share to keep us going in lean times, and went to see her parents in Moldova three summers out of four (she once spent 94 days in Russia/Moldova visiting her parents). She always sent her parents $$ before anything else.

I am thankful that I never had children with her because it would be a lifelong connection to her that I would have to endure!!!

I would suggest to break it off immediately, definitely DO NOT get married!javascript:smilie('')

You will probably live to regret it..some unsolicited friendly advice!!javascript:smilie('')
 DocElffington
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 7/1/2009 4:24:29 PM
Well, from what I understand, WEST european is a lot different than EAST european.

And the further EAST their origins, the more traditional the attitudes. Different cultures means that sometimes there is different expectations.
 wayfarer4you
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 7/2/2009 1:39:21 PM
I've beento russia and spent time with lady's ,that if you did not make the date ,dinner plan's and club setting It was boring as all get out . Then I learned from sergie ,That they went there men ,men and yes can seem cold .You need to understand that in there life it is hard ,so keep on with her make her understand that she is the one you want to be with and you will see a change ....
 Streetsvilleguy
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 10/22/2009 4:22:07 PM
I was involved with a Russian women for over a year. Right off the bat it was obvious that she had no intention to pay for anything at anytime. She was great in bed so initially I treated her as a gold-digger, but soon came to realize that this was a cultural thing and not a character "flaw". Once I wrapped my mind around her customs and expectations our relationship blossomed. She was a very intriguing mix of new world and old world. The roles are very "blue and pink" , I had my responsibilities, and she had hers. Observing her Moscow born friends entrenched that Men were to be men and take charge, make the plans, never show any wishy-washy indecisiveness, pay the bills, and be their rock. In turn, I was treated like a king, albeit in a 50's fashion. Never had to lift a finger in the house, never once was she anything less than a perfect hostess for my friends...no matter how obnoctuous we were, never failed to support me whatever the issue of the day was, and never disappointed in our physical needs. Don't doubt for a moment though that she was a pushover. Strong, fiesty, funny, very moral, very educated, a risk taker, adventurous, loving, religious, hot headed...these all discribe her. I've never been with anybody quite like her before, or since.
Are Russian Woman different? Damn straight they are...but not neccessarily in a bad way. We're not together now but are still friends...
 Malice From Wonderland
Msg: 26
Posted: 12/23/2009 3:19:39 PM
VALENCIA ~ said it for me. Thank you! You want direct and to the point? Go Ukrainian/Russian. :) I think all people are different; just depends on how and where we were raised. I am Ukrainian; I was also adopted VERY young by a loving American family. I have had a very "say it how it is " attitude since I was able to speak! People tend to think I am some raging ****; and maybe to some I am. At least with me you have consistancy, you will always know where you stand, and I do not bullshit anyone. Come to the dark side folks; you may have more fun than you think!!! :) ~ Malice
 LongAfterDark
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Posted: 12/25/2009 10:14:12 AM
Russian women have no souls. It's because of all that communism still lingering around. The athestic Soviets discovered how to remove the souls from unborn fetuses and today there is an entire generation of blonde, vodka-swiling automatons that appear human but really aren't.
 damassteel
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 2/15/2010 9:22:21 AM
One Russian wife and three Russian GF's later, yeah they're different^^^ just like he says.
 christ on a crutch
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 3/10/2011 2:28:51 PM
^^ he was being facetious, i think.
 ohwhynot46
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 3/10/2011 7:13:29 PM
There are cultural differences, and there are stereotypes, sometimes with good reason. Go with whatever makes you can feel comfortable; flat out ask her, tread carefully, be wary, whatever works for you. That's all I have to say.
 _TALL_IQ2_
Msg: 31
Posted: 3/10/2011 8:59:00 PM
no reciprocation. Although I really like her and we have a great time together, I'm a little frustrated. She seems interested in me, but I can't tell if the behavior is typical hard-to-get

After 3 months of no reciprocation, your confusion and frustration are understandable..

Most Russian women ARE different, from you, from each other, from American culture..

It just adds another layer of challenge in communication and relating, and foreign intrigue..

IMLE, if you select well by a ready warm smile and touching, you can have great results..

Accepting applications through 2011 from smart athletic Olgas currently US residents for a limited study...
 webmdtech
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 8/19/2012 1:35:53 PM
I was born and raised in Russia, met a lot of women. A lot of people here are right, they are direct and they seem to have no soul. Its because they are goal oriented, they know what they want and go after it, be that school, or family, their goal comes first, she has no time to chat with you and make friends. Russia does have a lot more available skinny girls then America. Russian men drink/do drugs a lot, plus they womanize a lot because there is so many hot women available. So naturally women look to merry an American men, most American men would give anything for a pretty skinny girl to merry. supply and demand!
 Maleman999
Msg: 34
Posted: 8/20/2012 9:31:14 AM
Are Russian women more different than who?
Are Polish women more different?
Are Greek women more different?
Are women from the north-east part of Ohio more different?

If you like borscht and perogies, go for the Russian, Ukrainian, or Polish woman. Otherwise, there are going to be the same mix of people in any population group. There's going to be the crazies, the traditional, the sane, the family oriented, the man-hating feminists, etc. in any group of women in any country.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Are Russian Women Different?