Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 MsMicki
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Stripping and relationship....Page 2 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
Oh Goodie, the bored little Christian girl has come to the Sex Forums to condemn us all to hell again.

Amazing how someone that serves drinks is doing something "ungodly and twisted".....yet posing half naked and participating in sex forums
is "virtuous" !!??!!

and I just love how she tells the men that read her profile they must go read her rants in the Christian threads and quote something she said to contact her......
Funny she didn't tell them to come read her comments in the Sex threads!!
 WalkingInLondon
Msg: 41
Stripping and relationship....
Posted: 10/25/2009 8:06:04 PM
Anyone with a good body, or even a half decent body can be a stripper...personally if that was a route I was going to even consider, I'd go into burlesque, and really go all out, with the great costumes, the shows, the awesome sets...hitting a pole is nothing special, nor is getting naked...half the world's population has a twat and t1ts, but you see, I happen to be able to sing and dance, so I'd bring it full out Broadway style.

And to the half naked chick that equates c0cktail waitressing with sex workers, um you need to a) put some clothes on in your profile, and b) get a clue...the c0cktail waitresses in good clubs probably wear better outfits than you do at your dinky restaurant and make triple what you do...back it up, baby.

Beth
 lovinvixen
Msg: 42
Posted: 10/27/2009 12:09:28 PM
For poster # 24:

Some of you amaze me. Really do. Why does being a stripper equate to a whore? I say do it if both parties have trust and respect for each other.

Evidently you belong to the same faith as Bill Clinton; because he didn't accept oral sex with Monica as actually being sex.

*IF* one actually studied the Bible one may find that if one does stripping it ought to be for your husband or wife: and them ALONE/exclusively!
 forumrum
Msg: 43
Posted: 10/27/2009 12:36:05 PM
kissmekindsir

LMAO......... your recent posts are pathetic. Who are you to pass judgement? Look at your half naked pictures on your profile. Are you a whore because you posted them for all to see?

Tell you what, why don't you put down your 2009 year old fairy tale book and join the real world. The fairy tale you bow down to is responsible for millions of deaths over the course of history all carried out in the name of one religion or another.

And so endeth the sermon.
 whytwater
Msg: 44
Posted: 10/27/2009 4:04:28 PM

Just wanting to specify that I have completely given up the idea because I would not want to risk a relationship on this. But that judgment on the line of work of strippers is not the strippers fault but the society's fault... welcome to prejudices: that's what society is all about isn't it?

I think there's more than idle curiousity driving your inquiries, OP, and while you're tethered to you BF now, somethin' tells me that when he's gone, that unfulfilled drive is still gonna be with you. Take him to an "amateur night somewhere", make your arrangements to dance beforehand, buy him a slew of frosties, and as the evening wears on, you slip on-stage.
Oklahoma, of all places, buckle of the bible belt, legalized full nudity (you can look, but not touch) back in the '70's. Some co-workers and I took a friend to an up-scale place one day, and one of the dancers was a girl he had gone to college with a few years before. She was in med school, working her way through. She was gooooood, too!
She arranged a lap dance for him, calling over some of the other working girls, and even joined in herself. No charge.
I'm pretty sure that experience is not anywhere on her resume. Lol
 MsMicki
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Posted: 10/27/2009 4:04:37 PM

*IF* one actually studied the Bible one may find that if one does stripping it ought to be for your husband or wife: and them ALONE/exclusively!

What is it with all the Bible thumpers hanging out in the Sex threads lately.

And their pictures are far more sluttly than those of us that actually do have sex!!

To hell w/ the strip clubs guys.....obviously there is more booby showing going on in Church these days!!
 namrael
Msg: 46
Posted: 10/27/2009 4:09:21 PM
OP, I'm with Whytwater on the suggestion that you check out an amateur strip night. Many (most?) cities have them, and it would give you a chance to try things out without making any commitments to it. If this desire has been with you for a long time, it may well be something you won't be satisfied not having tried it. Once you do, you'll know whether it's something you can live without, or whether it's important enough to you to want to explore further.

I have a friend who finally got into burlesque after years wanting to perform onstage, and later also worked briefly at a legal brothel in Nevada, another long-term goal of hers. She was married by that time, in a healthy and functioning relationship with her very supportive husband. She found the brothel experience was not what she was hoping for, but she did get to try it and didn't have to wonder about it. And yes, her hubby was there for her, is still, and they're going strong. There are definitely men who can handle this sort of thing (and many for whom it is a turn-on; I've had boyfriends who were very supportive of my amateur burlesque experiences), but it takes a very secure man.
 Argentum Crinis Philogus
Msg: 47
Posted: 10/28/2009 5:48:12 AM
I wanted to be a stripper for the longest time... and idea I have now given up because I truly love my boyfriend and he is completely against it. But is there someone out there that date a stripper and or is a stripper and have a balanced relationship?

I've worked with couples in the adult entertainment industry, these include females who disrobe, are not robed, burlesque, and others that fall under the domain of "exotic dancers". Relationship success has little to do with how either partner earn their incomes and much to do with how they mutually negotiate their lives and create their "we" approach to life as a partnership. Relationships in which one or both partners attempt to control and dominate are typically unbalanced and are likely to fail (unless being dominated and controlled is part of your mutually negotiated relationship ).

The issues that seem to emerge most often with couples where one partner is engaged in the adult entertainment field is that of the "green-eyed monster" and how s/he is allowed to take control of the relationship rather than the partners. When there are problems they also seem to be correlated with financial issues and are cyclical. As an example, Susie performs exotic dances for the ACME Gentleman's Club. She earns in wages and tips over the course of a week around $1500.00. Bob, her husband/cohabitating partner goes to the club on occasion to be near Susie and while intellectually, he understands that Susie is "just doing her job" her acting sometimes seems real to him and invites feelings of ownership, inviting a lack of control over Susie and worries that one of these patrons will take her away from him or she might like one of them more than him and fall in-love and leave him. This tends to fester in Bob's mind and he doesn't say anything, just starts to be more closed off, is argumentative, and is easily agitated by little things that Susie may and may not be doing. Finally, it becomes too much, a major argument occurs and Bob demands that Susie quit her job. Susie loves Bob and doesn't want to fight and have problems. There relationship is more important. Susie quits her job and finds something at a local shipping company making $12.00/hour. Things seem to be improving between Susie and Bob, and then Bob begins to be frustrated, agitated, again. They begin fighting over money again, Bob and Susie are having trouble meeting their financial obligations, Bob and Susie both miss going on their long weekends to the beach and enjoying themselves, free from financial worries. It occurs to both Bob and Susie that they miss the things and opportunities that Susie's work as an exotic dancer provides. Bob tells Susie he was silly for feeling so jealous and cannot understand why he gets so jealous when he knows that Susie loves him and wouldn't hurt him. He tells her it's okay with him if she goes back to the adult entertainment industry. Susie agrees and the process starts over again, in which everything that was just presented occurs again, and again, and again, until the couple learns how to communicate and mutually negotiates how the relationship functions, what the rules of the job include, and Susie's role is that of an actress and performer, that her interactions with customers are have no meaning and Bob learns that what he sees is nothing more than watching a dramatic play in which Susie is a performer and nothing she says or does has any meaning or connection to the customer(s). It is only her job. Bob learns to recognize that everything that goes on in his mind from observing Susie is of his own creation and he has assigned meanings and motives that do not exist.

As mentioned, this is a common scenario and is the typical issue with couples where one partner is an adult entertainment professional. Successful relationships in where partners work in this field function the same way as all others, clear communication and a life that is mutually negotiated and lived according the guidelines and boundaries to which both have agreed to function.

Yes, these relationships like all other can be balanced. It isn't the profession or job that creates balance or the lack thereof. It is the people in the relationship that create the environment in which balance will or will not emerge and be sustained.

With regard to some of the comments, sadly, there are far too many value judgments being placed on this idea by well-meaning folks who do not understand that not all people subscribe to their particular belief system and the source of their philosophy of life and living.

As for references to people performing in this industry as "whores" and "harlots", it is wise to consider that at some level, humans are all whores and harlots. We all sell ourselves, at some point, for a price, sex is only one service that humans can sell, there are others that are much more base. Of course, in the U.S. thanks to the heavily Puritan influenced social construction, sex, sexuality, and anything that can remotely be connected to sex, is anathema publicly, while pursued with a vengeance in private. So frightening is the concept of sex and sexuality that purveyors of the Puritan perspective go to great lengths in their propaganda to present false assertions, twist facts, to play upon the fears and concerns of an unenlightened public, in spite of the substantive evidence that destroys these false assertions. Utilizing lies and falsehoods as a means to manipulate others invites a great lack of trust and credibility to those individuals and organizations who use such tactics. The evidence of these tactics are seen in some of the individual comments on this thread and on a larger scale, with organizations at the mezzo and macro levels of society. We can only hope that truth and education will prevail.

Regards,

ACP

Best,

ACP
 kissmekindsir
Msg: 48
Posted: 10/28/2009 1:19:32 PM
From Post # 30:

Yes, OP, there are numerous women that can balance their "stripper" work.....and their family life.
But as many stated, it takes a special breed to pull it off.
I have a g/f that has danced for over 15 years now.....happily married, 2 great kids, member of the PTA and wins every damn cooking competition she enters!
It's a job. When she clocks out......she leaves "Ginger" at the bar.....and you would never know from her lifestyle what she does for a living.

That makes about as much sense as Brando's role in the GODFATHER, justifying the gangster Murders and violence and pointing out how normal and accepted their family was. REALLY??????????

As far as a Christian woman in a bathing suit that was latter overlaid with lace as on my profile, it just goes to show how decanant America is and how 'gutter-oreinted' most mindsets have become. What man but one from the SHAKER faith wants a bride who won't do the love intimacy with him?

I.E. A couple of centurys ago when the French Voyagers moved onto the plains they noticed the native women topless tanning hides and doing camp chores. But even half nude the morality was such that if a Lakota bride commited adultery her nose could be cut off regardless of her minimal attire!

Point is sisters, it's in your head how one thinks of sexuality: but stripping is an erotic dance made for your husband's eyes ONLY!
 Argentum Crinis Philogus
Msg: 49
Posted: 10/28/2009 2:51:30 PM

That makes about as much sense as Brando's role in the GODFATHER, justifying the gangster Murders and violence and pointing out how normal and accepted their family was. REALLY?????????

Apples to oranges. The murder and violence are illegal and forced upon others against their will, exotic dancers are not illegal in most of the U.S. and no one is forcing the dancers or the patrons against their will. Your analogy fails because its premise is false.

Best,

ACP
 krisninatlanta
Msg: 50
Posted: 10/28/2009 5:36:11 PM
OP, if this is something that you really want to do for upward mobility reasons then do it girl! but if you ever start to feel uncomfortable or uneasy leave it alone quick, and please try to find a reputable club to go to, that can make a big difference also...My ideoglogy on stripping is that everyone has to make money somehow, and if your going to do something give it all you got! Work out , stay positive, confident,stay away from drugs and alcohol, and listen to your intuition. If i wasnt a scared girl, i would do it because nowadays even with a college education it is getting harder and harder to make a living esp if your young, and you have interest in a career that is not a moneymaker (like teaching). I know here in georgia i dont know anyone making over 30k a year and that is with a degree, i even know a few people with MA degrees years of experience and cant find a job making over 40k.which is not enough to survive esp if you have a family or if your alone and have debts to pay...

So do what you need to do to survive and be happy, because if it was me i would work as one also to keep my car, lights, bills and everything else paid.
 whytwater
Msg: 51
Posted: 10/29/2009 7:12:26 AM

Apples to oranges.

You are grappling with a creature who has never tasted the Apple, ACP, and probably never will.
 lovinvixen
Msg: 52
Posted: 10/29/2009 8:53:04 AM
What Lovinvixen was trying to say is like ' women and others who support prostitution claim the same thing family values, that what's wrong with the occupation and lifestyle; it's not hurting anyone'.

Just because something is legal does NOT mean it is either moral or ethical.

I.E. The 45 con artists that claimed to be Christians whom signed the original U.S. Constitution that illigetimized the hypocrite Jefferson's words "...all men are created Equal...", by allowing and condoning the Slavery Admendment told us how ethical they truly were! ... PLEASE do not even tell me those so-called enlighened souls did NOT know of the torture, rape, tradgic deaths, and sodomy that was done to many various black slaves!

These sell outs of woe-manhood in topless bars and strippers who make us out as mere 'vaginal owners' for a man's false worship and adulation, disgrace whatever credibility ERA had by lowering the virtuous gifts and expectations of being a woman!
 kissmekindsir
Msg: 53
Posted: 10/29/2009 2:57:36 PM

ok so i stripped for about 7 years-the money was great-didn't have to worry abourt not getting child suppot-but

In other words, and forgive the spelling, in Machevelli's Prince, "...DOES THE END JUSTIFY THE MEANS"!

and its hard to be a dancer and it not fall into ur personal life-as a dancer u lie a lot to get that bank....men do become something to use and not appreciate-they all become ur "customers"

The truth comes out, we all know how horrible attorneys and Car Salesman are to have created a myth of someone not to be trusted; are prostitutes and strippers any more ethical than lawyers?

and after all that-ur hardly able to have a "normal" relationship...and most of the girls that i knew had b/f that didn't work-the dancers themselves were "suga momma's" which is funny when u consider it....

If she has done what she says........the nightmare of the job eventually takes it's toll: talk about karmic paybacks!
 forumrum
Msg: 54
Posted: 10/29/2009 3:11:56 PM
kissmekindsir,

Where do you get off with your holier than thou attitude?

From what I can see we have a semi-literate, 24 year old, bible thumping, brat poking her sheltered, inexperienced and ignorant nose into this thread and passing judgment on others. You have insulted****ail waitresses (as if that's any worse than being a plain old waitress), strippers, car salesmen and attorneys. Anyone else Ms. Bigshot Waitress?

It is you miss who have a lot to learn and I would bet that because of how you were raised and your attitude you will be in for serious problems in your life ahead. Why don't you actually accomplish something in your life before you demean others?
 Argentum Crinis Philogus
Msg: 55
Posted: 10/29/2009 5:14:57 PM

Just because something is legal does NOT mean it is either moral or ethical

True and just because you do not believe something is moral or ethical does not make those things immoral or not ethical. They are only immoral an not ethical for you.

Morality or ethics are relative terms and are not universal.

Most of the signers of the U. S. Constitutions were Deists, not Christians, and while they were wrong, those signers did not consider "slaves" to be human. Just as Hebrews do not consider "pork" to be food.

Apparently the ERA had no credibility and certainly not enough support.

Best,

ACP
 Argentum Crinis Philogus
Msg: 56
Posted: 10/29/2009 5:21:41 PM

You hold so many folks in such high regard. How's that workin' for ya?

I remember when I was 24 and had it all figured out, knew all that there was to know, and felt the need to inform everyone else who held a different perspective how they were wrong.

Then I experienced life and found that there was little that was black and white and the rest were variants of gray.

Youth truly is wasted on the young.

Regards,

ACP
 aSydneyMale
Msg: 57
Posted: 10/29/2009 6:18:04 PM

I remember when I was 24 and had it all figured out, knew all that there was to know, and felt the need to inform everyone else who held a different perspective how they were wrong.

Then I experienced life and found that there was little that was black and white and the rest were variants of gray.

Youth truly is wasted on the young.

True in many cases, but not all.

It's definitely the case with the poster in question, the vicious and judgemental tone of her postings is pretty off-putting.

Maybe if she put her book away and travelled a bit she might realize there is a big, wide world out there, with many points of view.

The man she seeks probably doesn't exist, he will never live up to her narrow concept of perfection. If she opens up her mind she will probably look back at herself in 20 years time and realise how silly she was.
 kissmekindsir
Msg: 58
Posted: 11/1/2009 4:00:57 PM
On this post one should read again post # 52!

Some males evidently DO NOT even get what they are actually saying. Sure any real man would have BIG issues when his lady was working like something a fraction from a prostitute profession!

The gal I last cited was honest enough to explain how jaded the occupation was and it's paybacks; but guess what unless there were sons of apparent tramps to support both prostitution and strippers would there be such a demeaning occupation to insult womanhood virtues?

The Gal I cited knows how the job effected her, she knows that she TRAMPED OUT MANY WEAK MINDED MALES WITH HER LIES FOR THE BANKROLL!

Is there any difference in a stripper defending her job because the coins fell lavishly than a prostitute defending her job with so many sons of tramps paying her homage because evidently most males are telling these gals that 'female genitals' are far more valuable than their own?

God bless the sons of Esau for the attack for my nation's males seem not to have a clue of why the Islamic familys DO NOT tolerate their women posing as harlots!
 aSydneyMale
Msg: 59
Posted: 11/1/2009 5:08:43 PM

God bless the sons of Esau for the attack for my nation's males seem not to have a clue of why the Islamic familys DO NOT tolerate their women posing as harlots!

I lived in an Islamic country and daily saw the spectacle of 'the grey ghosts', women dressed from head-to-toe with just slits for eyes. Watching them at breakfast was a real treat, the husbands eating what they liked, the women struggling to lift a cloth flap to eat. But hey, she kept her modesty in tact!.

These men are so controlling and paranoid and view women as 'their property', they do not tolerate their women doing anything, let alone stripping.

paying her homage because evidently most males are telling these gals that 'female genitals' are far more valuable than their own?

No argument here, my sexuality is of equal value to any female's, sex for me is always an equal exchange.

You can do as you wish, but I'm just curious where all this anger and judgemental attitude comes from. You're only 24 and you bang on as though you know it all.
 Argentum Crinis Philogus
Msg: 60
Posted: 11/2/2009 8:31:59 AM

The gal I last cited was honest enough to explain how jaded the occupation was and it's paybacks; but guess what unless there were sons of apparent tramps to support both prostitution and strippers would there be such a demeaning occupation to insult womanhood virtues?

As always, generalizations are unwise. All occupations have elements of a dark nature. The adult entertainment industry experiences elements that have positive and negative effects. Every occupation has trade-offs. Each individual must determine for themselves whether they can function within any occupational framework according to their own ethical guidelines.

It would be interesting to see the citation for the universal definition of "real man".

The contradictions that exist within society are fascinating. As one occupation is vilified and degraded as

The Gal I cited knows how the job effected her, she knows that she TRAMPED OUT MANY WEAK MINDED MALES WITH HER LIES FOR THE BANKROLL!

and yet we encourage to enter a profession that in general, is successful based on the ability to lie, believeably. Not all attorneys lie to earn their money, just not all adult entertainment professionals lie to earn their money. Yet, in both professions, there is lying and misrepresentation of the facts. One is vilified and the other is extolled as a profession to which one should aspire for prestige and economic benefit.

Fascinating.

Best.

ACP
 forumrum
Msg: 61
Posted: 11/2/2009 9:37:24 AM
Oh for shitsakes. Let's stop feeding the troll. Yes you, kissmekindsir.
 lovinvixen
Msg: 62
Posted: 11/2/2009 3:14:08 PM
It always amazed me that so many males could not figure it out who were war veterans, in that:

After you have fought so hard risking Life and Limb for the children and your wife or prospective girl friends, or wives to be, WHY would you pay any female for either STRIPPING or PROSTITUTION when you so-called men have already paid in blood or the risk thereof for the rights to your nation's females so to speak?

Yes, because strippers and prostitutes still flourish in the good ole USA, it's no wonder the more righteous won in Viet Naum, as so many males just don't have a clue.

All they can see is the 'golden vagina' that must be worshiped in temples called brothels or strip clubs!
 MsMicki
Msg: 64
view profile
History
Posted: 11/2/2009 3:38:02 PM

It always amazed me that so many males could not figure it out who were war veterans, in that:

After you have fought so hard risking Life and Limb for the children and your wife or prospective girl friends, or wives to be, WHY would you pay any female for either STRIPPING or PROSTITUTION when you so-called men have already paid in blood or the risk thereof for the rights to your nation's females so to speak?

Yes, because strippers and prostitutes still flourish in the good ole USA, it's no wonder the more righteous won in Viet Naum, as so many males just don't have a clue.

All they can see is the 'golden vagina' that must be worshiped in temples called brothels or strip clubs!

Excuse Me?!!
Our Veterans fought for ALL of our rights.....librarians, cooks, factory workers, lawyers, teachers.... and even strippers.
They fought so that all Americans have that one simple little word...."CHOICE".
The Choice to be what we want to be.

they even fought for the right for you to be able to spout your utter nonsense.

So, instead of knocking these Heroes.......try thanking them instead
 want to travel
Msg: 65
view profile
History
Posted: 11/2/2009 3:41:06 PM
when i moved back here, long story, i had to work in a strip joint, only for a few months, i saw the other side of stripping, some girls where messed up, but most had boyfriends, husbands, and many where paying there way for school, some where very smart, and turned there lives around, most ended up married and happy, none where prostititutes
i dont go yo these clubs, but i have to say i have more respect for a dancer, prostitute , porn star,crack whore, then most lawyers, wall street, or polititians
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >