Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Spontaneous sex vs planned sex      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 newblue1970
Msg: 1
Spontaneous sex vs planned sexPage 2 of 2    (1, 2)
So what are your thoughts on spontaneous sex vs planned sex? I would guess that most people would say that spontaneous sex is better or more exciting or passionate, but hear me out on this.

Maybe I'm weird or alone in this, but I think about sex a LOT and sort of plan out what I'd like to do next time I see my SO. Not every step of course, but I think about trying a new position, or using a new toy or a combination of both that we havent done yet. I love playing with her to an orgasm or three and so I'm always looking for new things I can do to make them more intense or special. And that requires some forethought and planning.

Now I'm not saying that spontaneous sex is boring at all, but if you start from making out on the couch or the hello kiss when you get through the door and going on from there, you probably wont interrupt the hot n heavy session to change location, get toys and try something brand new - you'll both be excited and you'll do what worked last time. Not that that is dull, but if you only have 'spontaneous' sex, it might get to be routine.

So while planning sex sounds like its more clinical or boring, it could lead to something more exciting and new and maybe some intense pleasure you never felt before. And being spontaneous and passionate, might just lead to the the same (good) sex you've had before. What do the other fishies think??
 no_1_bby
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Spontaneous sex vs planned sex
Posted: 4/28/2009 7:15:31 AM
I guess I have a slightly different interpretation of spontaneous and planned sex than you. Spontaneous is where ever, when ever, how ever, who ever. Planned is make a *date* and put it on the calendar due to crazy hectic lives. Kind of like *date night*.

I think you're meaning it to be planned as in scripted. Everything detailed out and laid out in order that you want it to happen. That kind of sex is good too.. and guess what? You can plan spontaneous sex! I know! It's crazy, but it's true.
 spitfire6844
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 4/28/2009 7:50:06 AM
Planned sex is almost always better if you know what you're doing. The whole point of planned sex is to heighten the tension/desire to a much higher level so that the climax is more intense and satisfying. That's the point behind most foreplay, lingerie, role-playing, using toys, picking an ideal environment, etc. One of the most effective things which really maximizes sex is to start a session in the morning; interrupt it and go to work or do other things all day; and then come back in the evening and go to orgasm. Incredibly satisfying.

Spontaneous sex can be great and passionate; but like anything else in life, planning sex effectively makes it even more fun.
 TooShadows
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 4/28/2009 3:21:31 PM
Spontaneous sex is the best,but unfortunately with a child in the house my girlfriend and I find ourselves having to pre-plan our sessions. The sex is still good,but not spontaneous anymore.
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Spontaneous sex vs planned sex