Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Alberta  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
Calgary women warm or cold?Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
Calgary women warm or cold ?
Well that depends in what circles you mingle in .
Dating sites can be a little different as a number of women are still the walking wounded from past relationships or suffering from strange encounters of the third kind with some of the guys that are on here.
Overall you will find women here in the west friendly and warm .
But obviously not everyone as life just is not that perfect
 homes01
Msg: 5
Calgary women warm or cold?
Posted: 4/28/2009 5:19:26 PM
i say woman from the west are warm,specially bc,there a great bunch.As far as Calgary goes i would say there more cold them warm,but there are some great woman in Calgary,you just have to dig deep.And its all oppinions
 dddiesel
Msg: 6
Posted: 4/28/2009 6:23:48 PM
i know i can and i wanna know when your going to dance on the bar at ranchmans next time , i wanna be there
 dddiesel
Msg: 7
Posted: 4/28/2009 6:32:35 PM
sorry i don't speak french , i dance in english
 dddiesel
Msg: 9
Posted: 4/28/2009 7:09:06 PM
yippee arc force with your attitude that means more western women for us to date we definately don't need to worry about you
 streetvan1
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 4/28/2009 8:30:26 PM
Having spent 3 years of my life in Calgary, I will say that women there are a bit on the cold side, in general. It also seems that the man/woman ratio in Calgary, at least in the 20 something crowd, is a bit skewed. So perhaps the coldness is because the ladies there have more options? Or perhaps they're more cautious because they're bombarded with doofuses? Or maybe it has nothing to do with that. Who knows.

I have noticed that in Red Deer, Edmonton, or anywhere else in Alberta, women are easier to talk to, more approachable, etcetera, than they are in Calgary. This is, of course, a generalization, and nobody should take offence to it. Calgary just has a different feel, much colder all around in my opinion. I've had much better luck since I moved a couple hours north :D
 spoiledsambo
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 4/28/2009 8:33:55 PM
lol....ohhhhhh I'm so with you Zoo!! I'm from around Montreal and there is a huge difference between 'warm' and 'slutty'. Yes OP, we Calgarian women are very warm, compassionate, intelligent ---- but we're just pickier than your typical "eastern" women.

Uhhh....good luck trying to find bootie....ehemm, I mean 'warmth' in Alberta!!

Northern Lights
Msg: 12
Posted: 4/28/2009 9:39:48 PM

How much of this none sense do we have to hear hippy hippy shake. wake up grow up.

wow, and he wonders why Calgary women are 'cold'... might have something to do with the 'tude OP??

Check it, and you might get further.
 gravelman
Msg: 13
Posted: 4/29/2009 7:11:27 AM
I have found the ladies in Alberta to be very warm..the only thing that cools them off is the town you live in. Some just don't like the country life,lol, and others don't want to change location, even from on city to another..just theur preference. For some it might be their loss and a gain for another, but the same goes the other way too..so is equal for men and women. Just have to find that unique one and nique up on them,lol
 streetvan1
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 4/29/2009 9:32:23 PM
LOL. I don't think he's talking about them not sleeping with him. Women in Calgary are harder to approach and start conversation with than they are in most other places, whether your intentions are noble or not.
 GrandeCash
Msg: 17
Posted: 4/30/2009 9:14:29 AM
Maybe it has something to do with the fact that Calgary has a lot of people coming from somewhere else and the primary motivation for these people is work and money.

Maybe the women you find cold come from these places?

Just like the previous poster sayd, it used to be a much friendlier city, when it was half the population it is now.
 GrandeCash
Msg: 19
Posted: 5/4/2009 12:42:37 PM
The Calgary traffic is nothing compared to Montreal, which is completely retarded.
 ~ Cndn Girl ~
Msg: 20
Posted: 5/5/2009 4:14:28 PM

Calgary has a lot of people coming from somewhere else and the primary motivation for these people is work and money.

Back in the day, no diploma, no money and no transportation I moved to Calgary to get away from my parents! lol But then again this was WAYYY back in the day! Now I pretty much stay for "work & money".
 Damienevil
Msg: 21
Posted: 5/6/2009 2:30:46 PM
I am From Toronto and me and every person who I have met from out there who is here love the women out here Women out east are cold as ice and stuck up gold diggers.
 Dioos
Msg: 22
Posted: 10/19/2011 2:20:51 AM
Hi,

I have been living in Western Canada for nine years. I have lived in Saskatoon and Regina as well as here in Calgary. Even though Calgary as much more to offer in terms of restaurants and shopping, when it's time to go to a bar and spend a good time with a woman you can forget about it!

The only girls that are interested in me here are Philipinas or from Quebec. Now, I can be wrong - maybe I need to ajust ... Therefore would you woman tell me how to approach a woman here in Calgary?

Me_Twinkle
Msg: 23
Posted: 10/20/2011 3:58:08 PM
Okay I am going to step out on a limb here and Duff keep that hack saw behind your back Please!

I was born and raised in Montreal. I have lived here over 30 years.

Montreal has a very European attitude. When I lived there, there was no such thing as casual Friday's Ladies and men dressed to the hilt when going to work. It was like that when I went on a date as well. Ladies there are used to a more aggressive but polite male.

If a man is remotely interested in you he shows it yet is or I should say was respectful. Most men there are not shy. As a result women there are used to handling wanted or unwanted attention and small talk is a part of the culture. And NO women there are not sluts but neither are they sluts here!!! Thats just striking out when it is uncalled for. Lets rise above that shall we!

Here I have found that Men can be aloof. It has been my experience that they don,t check you out till after you pass them. Many need alcohol as courage before they broach a woman. I am sorry but crudeness gets you slapped down no matter where you are!

The point I am making is I can be Hot, I can be warm and nurturing, or I can be an ICE QUEEN all depending on how I am approached and my interest. It has nothing to do with where I come from or where I live now.

Yes I have been shot down by men I was interested in. We all have, thats a part of life. The fact is that if it's not working for you, and you're in Rome, find what works here!
 LeoRejean
Msg: 24
Posted: 10/20/2011 5:03:31 PM
Could also be how you approach women in general as well. Going to a sports bar on game night and not knowing how the sport being shown on the tube and attempting to spark a conversation with another who lives for that game. (rough example)
 Wshfl1
Msg: 25
Posted: 10/22/2011 9:57:41 AM
Differing opinions can be said about both sexes and while I would agree from my own observations that there are women who can be a little on the chilly side...I would also say that I have observed far more women who appear to be giving off the 'warm' vibe.

I happened to be at Ranchman's last night and was at one point outside having a really nice conversation with another girl when a guy approached and looked at her and said "wow what did you have for breakfast..pumpkins?" and then looked at me and said..."Nice rack btw"...uhmmm okay so yeah, he didn't get the warmth I think he was hoping for....but I know me and in general I feel like I'm a really warm person, people tell me that they find it easy to talk to me...I smile at people when I walk by them....but girls can also be pretty jaded by their experiences....the reality is that you are going to run into hot and cold everywhere...geography doesn't decide that....that's just human nature...

On a side note....there are just as many men who are arrogant and shallow in this city as there are the ones who are warm, and self aware, and confident....I know....different thread, different day....
 earthboundangel67
Msg: 26
Posted: 10/22/2011 10:23:57 AM
well, having been born & raised here.....yep, we can be a little bit of both. As some have mentioned earlier depends on the climate - if the other is warm & welcoming, chances are we will be too. If not, chances are you are out of luck. Thank goodness for our chinooks ! heehee. Or better yet, check out those of us who are going through our own chinooks (meopause) cause we are real warm most of the time., and come with fans to cool us down! People are people, you will find what you are looking for. Attitude is everything. And, you definitely take your chances when you come online. People arent always what they seem or portray themselves to be. Everyone has good & bad days....and good & bad experiences. Take it with a grain of salt. Seems common sense & decency tends to fly out the window, and anything goes online. Unfortunately a few bad apples can ruin it for the bunch. There are the good & the bad in every city or town, dont give up.....you never know when the right one will appear! looks like the OP has left the building, or at least the wild, wild west....lol! Maybe found a nice heater to warm up to....
 Young_Santiago
Msg: 27
Posted: 11/24/2011 8:06:38 PM
I think this link may tell you all you need to know.

http://www.divine.ca/en/love/c_18_i_3554/where-to-find-love-in-canada-1.html

Not at all surprisingly, Calgary and Edmonton have... by far... the worst single female to male ratios in Canada. The surprising news is that according to the outdated data from Statistics Canada in 2006 used in the list there are still more single females in Calgary than males (barely) which I doubt is still the case as these statistics were taken well before the height of the oil boom in late 2007.

Add to that fact the following:

1. Alberta women are traditionally stereotyped (rightly or wrongly) as being a little more conservative than their counterparts elsewhere (ie. they may not all be at the bar on Saturday night) or at the usual places where one might have a spontaneous friendly encounter.
2. Calgarians enjoy some of the highest standards of living and probably have the highest level of disposable income of any major city in Canada. The results are obvious. While a fancy dinner with lobster, wine, live jazz, and a limousine ride home might impress or at least amuse your average girl in say... Winnipeg or Regina... in Calgary... for some of these girls... it's just like every other guy and every other day of the week.
3. Echoing some of the other comments on this thread, with so many more guys around, it's a given that some of the guys are bad guys and, by the law of averages, that means there are more bad guys around to subject women to general unpleasantness, making them more jaded/concerned/cautious to begin with.
4. Statistics Canada only takes you out of the "Single" category if you declare that you're married or in a common-law relationship. That means that if the number of single males outnumbers the number of single females in Calgary (and I submit that it does as a lot has changed in this city since 2005/2006), and 100,000 "single" females are dating 100,000 "single" males, that skews the ratio higher and less in our favour as it makes the pool of actually available people smaller and more disproportionate than the original statistic indicates.

In short there are more guys than girls and everyone has lots of money so your money doesn't go as far. This all means that every guy has to try a lot harder and that the girls, who are very smart and know all of this, can afford to sit back and take an "entertain me and let's see how it goes attitude."

Nothing wrong with that. It's just how life is. If I was in Victoria or Atlantic Canada... I might be the same way. (But more likely, I'd be out on a hot date instead of posting to this form that was started over two years ago.)
 valco1
Msg: 28
Posted: 11/28/2011 1:24:07 AM
i wouldn't rely on statistical data too much as usual it's ideologically driven BS.
accordingly to you, albertans

have the highest level of disposable income of any major city in Canada. The results are obvious. While a fancy dinner with lobster, wine, live jazz, and a limousine ride home might impress or at least amuse your average girl in say... Winnipeg or Regina... in Calgary... for some of these girls... it's just like every other guy and every other day of the week.

but according to other data, just in past single year, amount of kids in Alberta, living below the poverty line increased by 40% from 53,000 to 73, 000, which is about 1/4 off total alberta's kids population.
this picture somehow doesn't fit into your statistic.

as for the alberta's women, i have seen many countries and their respective folks, including women. the women in Alberta quite differ by individual personalities but in general pretty much resemble british women. well, in Europe the british women considered not really much as a women at all.
Show ALL Forums  > Alberta  >