Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 venusenvy777
Msg: 295
LYING ABOUT AGE ON DATING PROFILE! Page 12 of 18    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18)
I really hate that...Its a waste of time and annoying as hell! How condensending to think your so stupid (or blind) that you wont notice! I use it as a screening tool now...As soon as I realize it, I also realize this isnt going anywhere...
 sun_and_cinnamon
Msg: 296
LYING ABOUT AGE ON DATING PROFILE!
Posted: 1/15/2013 3:38:48 PM
I have had men lie about age before, on other sites in the past. Funny thing was, their real age fell within my age range and yet they still lied. Why bother lying three years guys? At that point it is the whole lying off the bat part that bugs me, yeah even if you wanna call it a 'white lie' cause 'everyone does it'
 WS1254
Msg: 297
Posted: 1/15/2013 10:22:36 PM
Melody,

Thanks exactly why they do it to increase the chances to meeting.
But correct you can't hide it when you meet.
All this fibbing makes it more difficult for those who don't do it.
Because women in my case assume pictures are 10 years old, he is now fat and bald so you don't get a response.
 melodyof_k
Msg: 298
Posted: 1/15/2013 10:45:28 PM
I agree WS1254

it makes me want to ask the man if his photo is recent and how recent.
some will say....oh its only about 5 yrs old. to me, that is not recent.
I try to put up at least one very recent one all the time. the others are all recent too.

on top of that...I feel a bit shallow for asking for a recent photo.
 dossie
Msg: 299
Posted: 1/16/2013 6:03:44 AM
Yes this has happened to me, why lie about age? was dating one recently who said oh I accidently put the wrong age on profile? pleaze!!!! and he is not the first one who has told me this, and by the way they look there age. these older men on here must have one of those mirrors that lie to them, mirror mirror on the wall lol!!!!!
 curviest
Msg: 300
view profile
History
Posted: 1/17/2013 5:26:57 AM
OP "When these men are "caught" regarding their real age, I haven't encountered a single one who thinks it's misleading or dishonest"

When I was 52 I was on a date with a man who was 57, my upper age limit. He looked old - wrinky - for 57, made me suspicious. He let slip that he'd rowed for Cambridge in the Boat Race in 1969.... quick calculation ... it didn't add up... he was caught out! Turned out he was 67. We were halfway through lunch so not easy for me to just walk out, thought I might as well finish eating it. So I asked why he lied... the reply: "Because you would not have lunched with me had you known the truth!" He saw his lie as completely justified.
 WS1254
Msg: 301
Posted: 1/19/2013 12:19:18 AM
Dossie,

Don't you just love that.

I accidently typed in the wrong year, Durr sure.
And then they say POF won't let me change the date.

But you can create another profile with the correct date.
 WS1254
Msg: 302
Posted: 1/19/2013 12:28:33 AM
Melody,

Agree 5 years is not recent.

And I think they may stretch that 5 years, more like about 8 years.

We all like to think we don't look any differnet than we did 5 years ago, reality is we do.

Don't feel shallow, nothing worse that going to meet someone and you can't recognise which one it is and someone comes over to you who looks nothing like the person you are surposed to be meeting.

You should not have to ask for a recent photo, the one on this site should be recent
 TraveliciousGuy
Msg: 303
Posted: 1/20/2013 6:07:16 PM

was dating one recently who said oh I accidently put the wrong age on profile?

OK. I think I just came across the all-time winner.

In her About Me section she says the age above is not correct-add 20. Yes, 20 years. Says she's 45, so she's really 65. Claims it was a typo and she can't change it.
 sun_and_cinnamon
Msg: 304
Posted: 1/20/2013 6:14:34 PM
^^typo? Finger must have slipped on the wrong number, yeah no big deal
 Space_Weaver
Msg: 305
Posted: 1/21/2013 6:33:39 PM
I usually get the, I look young for my age. My pics are current, but reading these posts, I'm hoping people don't think otherwise.
 LAgoodguy
Msg: 306
Posted: 1/21/2013 8:05:23 PM
I came across a profile that at the end said the reason she put 8 years younger is cause she feels so much younger...
Plenty of profiles say that they want to date someone who can keep up with them.. But I guess it must work for them if they keep doing it...
Lucky me I never meet any one who lied about the age. But if you date enough you must meet who twist the truth to fit there vision of them themselves.
 sempre12
Msg: 307
"If he is lying about something like this, what else is he lying about?"
Posted: 1/22/2013 3:46:25 AM
Hi all,
This happened to me today lol, he asked me to add him on Skype because he was going away on a business trip and it would make it easy for us to chat.
The age between his profile and Skype was 2 years difference, hehe silly man!...... i know it's not much but it's not the age it's the lie and now i wonder if he has been dishonest with other things he has said to me . When i asked why he lied he said he doesn't know how it happened lol
Why lie silly people you get found out in the end!
 wildkateddybear
Msg: 308
Posted: 1/22/2013 7:15:14 AM
ran into that with 2 women on here that lied one was a physco the other 22 year age dicrepancy
the third dumped me for an older one
 sun_and_cinnamon
Msg: 309
Posted: 1/27/2013 12:37:18 PM
If only I could make a post every time this happens...I swear it's been like one in five men, in my experience.
 TraveliciousGuy
Msg: 310
If he is lying about something like this, what else is he lying about?
Posted: 1/27/2013 12:41:57 PM

Why lie silly people you get found out in the end!

Because some people actually do find someone to overlook the lie once in a while. There is one woman who posts in the forums who admitted that she met a guy who lied about his age by several years, but she still kept seeing him because she liked his personality and got into a relationship. Examples like that give hope to the rest of the liars.
 Ya9uf1d
Msg: 311
Posted: 1/27/2013 12:44:20 PM
OMG easy fix..if u 2 had been exchanging emails and wanting more on a sense of visual...use a webcam....if they renage on that and dont shimmy up to table about their pics...time to move on!
 59thShadeofGrey
Msg: 312
Posted: 1/27/2013 2:37:26 PM
There is a woman who is still on POF that I met 3 years ago. Her profile stated she was 50 - turns out she was BORN in 50....said it was a typo and she would correct it.

3 years later, she's still only 53......
;-)
 sempre12
Msg: 313
Age is just a number. It is so not important how old someone is.
Posted: 1/28/2013 2:28:08 AM
I agree age is not that important but the lie is very important to me !
 Vannili
Msg: 314
view profile
History
Posted: 1/28/2013 6:41:40 AM
I don't care if a man lied his age in his profile, because I understand that he might be insecured of his advance age , that he can't hook a younger woman,ect ect,...

What I care is his REALITY ,when he is interacting with me. He maybe a good or bad that I had to find out in his real
persona..

Decreased /advange age, good picture,well verse discription in a man's profile is just an introduction of his persona or what he wants to project to masses, but it is not really his identity...
 jimintoronto2
Msg: 315
Posted: 1/28/2013 7:21:10 AM
I met a woman on here almost 5 years ago. She had a very nice picture, so I figured it would be easy to recognize her when we met. Wrong!!. I barely recognized her and she looked much, much older than her picture. I don't recall what age she posted, but that wasn't important. What was important was that her picture was very old. To this day, she's still on this site with exactly the same picture. Unbelievable.
 MuscularVampire
Msg: 316
Posted: 1/28/2013 9:35:39 AM
Women that claim they can "notice" if men are lying, are full of crap. If Johnny Depp told you he was 36, would you question him? I doubt it. Would you really think he was 49. I sincerely doubt it. Age is a matter of perception. When people finally realize that, the better off they will be. you can take 2 50 yr olds, and they look completely different. People age differently. And to base whether or not you will talk to, or date someone solely based on a mere number, makes absolutely no sense.
 Whisky_River
Msg: 317
Posted: 1/28/2013 9:45:29 AM
@MuscularVampire
Why do you keep referring to movie stars when it comes to age???
Most everyone.....has work done to them in Hollywood....botox...fillers...for petes sake!!
Yes...Johnny is starting to show his age....after the age of 50 the ageing accelerates or is more noticeable....
His hair is getting scraggly....thin no muscle tone...that's why he always wears glasses,hats etc...

The thing people get pissed off about...Is it is a LIE
Can you not grasp that?????????

I for one....am the age I say I am......IF you look young for your age..WHY do you lie???
You should be proud...plus....It's a lie to not tell the truth!!!
Do people not realize that they look ridicoulous trying to pass themself off as young????
Cripes....a guy posted a new profile the other day...age 51
I had to message him and ask...how old are you really??
He was 68....pfft....just dumb!!
 MuscularVampire
Msg: 318
Posted: 1/28/2013 10:02:59 AM
I will answer your question as simply and truthfully as possible. Cause the women these men like, will not like them or even talk to them, if they tell them their real age. simple as that.

Losing muscle tone has nothing to do with age. I refer you to boxer Bernard Hopkins, who is nearly 50, and was just recently the light heavy weight boxing champion. Sure, if you sit around the house all day, yes, you will lose muscle tone, but age has nothing to do with it. yes, tom cruise doesn't look good either. and hes in his 50s, lol I mention movie stars to illustrate my point.

Sometimes in this day and age, one must lie to get what they want. I know a man who lied about his age and married a woman he would have never been able to talk to if he didn't. he was honest about his age after 6 months of dating. By that time the woman loved him and age was of no consequence. She realized how insane it was to judge someone by age. they are still married to this day.
 sphstctedgntlmn
Msg: 319
Posted: 1/28/2013 10:29:40 AM
I personally don't care how you look, if a woman lies about her age, I'm done. Just be honest.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >