Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Ya9uf1d
Msg: 311
LYING ABOUT AGE ON DATING PROFILE! Page 13 of 18    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18)
OMG easy fix..if u 2 had been exchanging emails and wanting more on a sense of visual...use a webcam....if they renage on that and dont shimmy up to table about their pics...time to move on!
 59thShadeofGrey
Msg: 312
LYING ABOUT AGE ON DATING PROFILE!
Posted: 1/27/2013 2:37:26 PM
There is a woman who is still on POF that I met 3 years ago. Her profile stated she was 50 - turns out she was BORN in 50....said it was a typo and she would correct it.

3 years later, she's still only 53......
;-)
 sempre12
Msg: 313
Age is just a number. It is so not important how old someone is.
Posted: 1/28/2013 2:28:08 AM
I agree age is not that important but the lie is very important to me !
 Vannili
Msg: 314
view profile
History
Posted: 1/28/2013 6:41:40 AM
I don't care if a man lied his age in his profile, because I understand that he might be insecured of his advance age , that he can't hook a younger woman,ect ect,...

What I care is his REALITY ,when he is interacting with me. He maybe a good or bad that I had to find out in his real
persona..

Decreased /advange age, good picture,well verse discription in a man's profile is just an introduction of his persona or what he wants to project to masses, but it is not really his identity...
 jimintoronto2
Msg: 315
Posted: 1/28/2013 7:21:10 AM
I met a woman on here almost 5 years ago. She had a very nice picture, so I figured it would be easy to recognize her when we met. Wrong!!. I barely recognized her and she looked much, much older than her picture. I don't recall what age she posted, but that wasn't important. What was important was that her picture was very old. To this day, she's still on this site with exactly the same picture. Unbelievable.
 MuscularVampire
Msg: 316
Posted: 1/28/2013 9:35:39 AM
Women that claim they can "notice" if men are lying, are full of crap. If Johnny Depp told you he was 36, would you question him? I doubt it. Would you really think he was 49. I sincerely doubt it. Age is a matter of perception. When people finally realize that, the better off they will be. you can take 2 50 yr olds, and they look completely different. People age differently. And to base whether or not you will talk to, or date someone solely based on a mere number, makes absolutely no sense.
 Whisky_River
Msg: 317
Posted: 1/28/2013 9:45:29 AM
@MuscularVampire
Why do you keep referring to movie stars when it comes to age???
Most everyone.....has work done to them in Hollywood....botox...fillers...for petes sake!!
Yes...Johnny is starting to show his age....after the age of 50 the ageing accelerates or is more noticeable....
His hair is getting scraggly....thin no muscle tone...that's why he always wears glasses,hats etc...

The thing people get pissed off about...Is it is a LIE
Can you not grasp that?????????

I for one....am the age I say I am......IF you look young for your age..WHY do you lie???
You should be proud...plus....It's a lie to not tell the truth!!!
Do people not realize that they look ridicoulous trying to pass themself off as young????
Cripes....a guy posted a new profile the other day...age 51
I had to message him and ask...how old are you really??
He was 68....pfft....just dumb!!
 MuscularVampire
Msg: 318
Posted: 1/28/2013 10:02:59 AM
I will answer your question as simply and truthfully as possible. Cause the women these men like, will not like them or even talk to them, if they tell them their real age. simple as that.

Losing muscle tone has nothing to do with age. I refer you to boxer Bernard Hopkins, who is nearly 50, and was just recently the light heavy weight boxing champion. Sure, if you sit around the house all day, yes, you will lose muscle tone, but age has nothing to do with it. yes, tom cruise doesn't look good either. and hes in his 50s, lol I mention movie stars to illustrate my point.

Sometimes in this day and age, one must lie to get what they want. I know a man who lied about his age and married a woman he would have never been able to talk to if he didn't. he was honest about his age after 6 months of dating. By that time the woman loved him and age was of no consequence. She realized how insane it was to judge someone by age. they are still married to this day.
 sphstctedgntlmn
Msg: 319
Posted: 1/28/2013 10:29:40 AM
I personally don't care how you look, if a woman lies about her age, I'm done. Just be honest.
 MuscularVampire
Msg: 320
Posted: 1/30/2013 6:01:08 AM
Cannylady, you think someones age is a "big thing" Really? Personally, age is nothing but a mere number. Why how many days alive on this planet is important, has always amazed and confounded me.

This whole thing about, well, he lied about that, I wonder what else he is lying about is the biggest crock I have ever heard. People lie about their age on here only to get to meet and talk to people, that would have other wise ignored them.
 Whisky_River
Msg: 321
Posted: 1/30/2013 8:33:02 AM
@Cannylady60....It is not up to POF to try to keep track of the people that are lying about their age on here.
If they removed people that are lying....most the people would be gone.
Plus.....who's to prove it??
Just the chance you have to take...meet as soon as possible..then you will know.

ALL people that lie about their age....do so because they are delusional and liars.
They say..."What?? I look good for my age or it's just a number..It shouldn't matter....Just makes me laugh!
Then you meet them in real life and they look every bit their age...

IF.. I am a young girl and I have my age parameters set....for 18-25...that means I don't want to be with anyone older than that....simple.
If you have lied by 10 years to fit in that parameter....Just stupid.. It doesn't make you 10 years younger...duh!!

@MuscularVampire...
You are lieing...get over it.
To me...even with your grainy old pictures...you look 45ish..imo.
 MuscularVampire
Msg: 322
Posted: 1/30/2013 8:49:58 AM
45 ish, lol Sure thing sweetie, lol You don't like what I'm saying or disagree with what I'm saying so you respond by saying, "gee, you look alot older than your pic or stated age" that is so 5th grade. Honestly. If this was another thread, about a different topic, you would never say that.

Oh, and what about my appearance screams 45 ish. Could it be my small weak looking body, bhahahahaahah. Come on now. Try harder.
 spot4username
Msg: 323
Posted: 1/30/2013 9:10:06 AM

You are lieing...get over it.
To me...even with your grainy old pictures...you look 45ish..imo.

He was the same age or younger on his last profile but we all know he believes it is fine to lie about one's age to get what you want.

As far as the pics he admitted they were a few years old on his last profile which had a start date of 2009. So the pics that were old in '09 and are even older now. There is a "newer" pic of him around. He looks really old in it. I would post a link but of course that would be against the rules. I will mention that I don't have any mail restrictions though ;)

Lying about anything shows a lack of character and moral fiber. If age isn't a big deal why would one lie about it?
 DragonBits
Msg: 324
Posted: 1/30/2013 10:01:40 AM
^^^ I agree, those of us that have been on the forums for any length of time know about muscular vamp ID, I think he said once how old he really is.

If POF wanted to provide an ID service they could. Ehamony has RelyID, there are third party Identity Verification services.

If could be done as an extra charge feature, but no doubt it wouldn't be very popular with 70% of PoF user base. It would be amusing if they required it of everyone, but even eharmony doesn't want to lose that many members, so it's a premium service feature.
 spot4username
Msg: 325
Posted: 1/30/2013 12:18:01 PM

I think you will find the person you speak of to be between 45 and 55 years old. The reason is his Cephalothorax like appearance, which is common amungst those fanatical body builders of that age.

He has profiles on all sorts of sites. Not hard to find. His age ranges from 35-60 on them. I know which one I believe to be correct or closest to correct...

A guy who I formally dated had a few profiles scattered about. His age fluctuated by 10 years. I used to laugh whenever I would come across one of them. He was (is) a very handsome and in shape man. I never understood why he would lie.
 Applette
Msg: 326
view profile
History
Posted: 1/30/2013 3:12:32 PM
I cannot begin to tell you how many times I get from guys .... "Age is just a number" .... when I tell them I don't want to date or get involved with younger men. And guess what ... they are right .. if it feels right for you and for them go for it .... I think there is just too much focus on the age of a person. If I meet a man and he looks older then his age but I like his company .. well I will date him .. IF IT MADE HIM FEEL BETTER by scrapping a few years off ... well who really cares at this point especially with all the plastic surgery that is going on .. women today are beginning to look very weird to me and I am a women.

Cheers!!!
 Be_enchanted
Msg: 327
Posted: 2/1/2013 5:15:27 AM
Wow, have you made me feel so much guilt! Age is not arbitrary? Silly me; *rushes off to consider consequences...*

Seriously though, black and white thinking is so not attractive regardless of age or lack of age mentality.
 mitzicentennial
Msg: 328
view profile
History
Posted: 2/4/2013 3:02:01 AM
Agreed. Be truthful about your age, weight, size, etc. You don't want to meet and either of you decline any further contact because one of you is lying.

There is some body for everybody out there ! If a guy states that his preference is that you must be a size 1o, no more than 130 lbs and 45 years old or under-- and you are a size 16 on a good day. weigh 185, and are 53 years old---pass him up.
 charlie_girl_2
Msg: 329
Posted: 2/4/2013 6:39:15 AM
Age old question (no pun intended), here on POF. Seems almost every one -- men and women -- fudge on their profile to make themselves younger for whatever reason. I don't scan the women's profiles but from the many comments I've read here, I can tell you from experience that many men lie about their age too! I am always totally amused by the HUGE number of men on POF in any given town or city in any state who post their age as 59. (From their photos, too many of them look far older. )

I agree with Cowboy's comments. I personally don't give a hang about a man's stated age (within reason of course), as long as they have not completely lied about everything else as well. Frankly, I'd rather he fib about his age a few years than his height by a few inches.

Often, I get unkind comments as to why I don't post my true age and it is sad, to me, that those people who do this cannot see the humor in what I've done. That is, just the opposite! I've made myself older rather than younger! Of course those men who have age limits on their profiles will never see me and that is too bad because POF does screen those out of my search. Yet, I cannot complain -- I chose to have fun with the lying about age thing.

Until men can offer perfect in all ways... then they cannot expect me to be. I yam what I yam.

Have a fun week!
 i_maggie
Msg: 330
Posted: 2/4/2013 6:08:57 PM
I agree. If I am attracted to you and we have a lot in common and we fit It won't change any of those things if I find out you are older or younger than your stated age.
If it did I would be a very shallow woman. Your age doesn't define who you are but it could eliminate you from meeting your best friend and lover. Really that other person may feel they don't have a chance of being considered stricktly because of their age. If the saying is you are as young as you feel then let it . Living your life being so paranoid
that a person the fibs a little on their age is out to get you is a waste of valuable time.
 i_maggie
Msg: 331
Posted: 2/4/2013 6:10:41 PM
You are awesome in your thinking so refreshing to see it.
 OneKewlDood
Msg: 332
Posted: 1/27/2015 4:24:59 AM
Wait. You mean this has been going on for SIX YEARS?!? Impossible.
 L_LuuLuu
Msg: 333
view profile
History
Posted: 1/27/2015 6:04:33 AM
Almost all men will add an inch or so to their own height.

So, if we are all as hung up the belief that a person who will tell ANY lie is basically dishonest and will lie about everything, I guess that limits all our chances to meet someone considerably.
 CuriousInDB
Msg: 334
Posted: 1/27/2015 10:57:44 AM

Wait. You mean this has been going on for SIX YEARS?!? Impossible.

This is two threads on this now, right?

Hey, seriously. I'm going to start posting on all these threads about lies: "Just read my profile. Write me to debate. You're welcome."
 OneKewlDood
Msg: 335
Posted: 1/27/2015 11:29:40 AM

CuriousinDB says...

Hey, seriously. I'm going to start posting on all these threads about lies: "Just read my profile. Write me to debate. You're welcome."

Why? Your profile isn't full of lies, is it? I hope not. That would make me sad. :frown:
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >