Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 117
LYING ABOUT AGE ON DATING PROFILE! Page 5 of 18    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18)
~OT~ Many people have dyslexia. For some reason, 54 ends up in the profile as 45. (Such silliness. I'm going to notice and it's not about age at that point ~ it's about the lie.)
 HellsPrincess
Msg: 118
view profile
History
LYING ABOUT AGE ON DATING PROFILE!
Posted: 5/29/2009 9:15:23 AM
thanx HarleyKat~
 techgirl27
Msg: 119
view profile
History
Posted: 5/29/2009 2:48:04 PM
what do you do if you think someone isnt being truthful about it? I'm talking with this guy who SAYS he's 32 but there is just no way. He doesnt look OR act 32. How old? I couldn't say for sure but must be at least 42. A 32 year old is going to be much younger in body and spirit than this one person is. I just can't see it. He SAYS his online profile is truthful but I am suspicious.
 xgentx
Msg: 121
view profile
History
Posted: 5/31/2009 5:38:10 PM
I guess. To act your age is easier when you are about Five.
After Twelve it begins to be harder!

There are many profiles by young or old ppl which say: Looks younger,. Young at heart, . Which I see as a plus. It's good to be young at heart.

Yet Young or old. Age doesn't carry any weight.It doesn't matter in the end.

Its so hard to get old without a cause. Youth is like diamonds in the sun.
And dimonds are forever. Forever young!
 WorldTravelingYogi
Msg: 122
view profile
History
Posted: 6/3/2009 12:07:49 AM
Huge pet peave of mine. My profile clearly states that I like younger guys. I have never lied about my age, what is the point. There are plenty of younger guys that are attracted to older women. I have dated guys my own age and older guys but prefer younger.

Anyway, I have had guys that lower their age by 10 to 15 years so their messages get through. So I like younger guys but my restrictions are up to 5 years older so since I am 38 the restrictions go up to 43. Guys in their 50s will change their age to low 40s so their messages go through. OK dude, you may think you look and act younger heck we all think that past 30. If you take care of yourself then you will look and feel younger. That is not the point! You are not younger!!

I like guys in their late 20s and if I wanted to date someone in his 50s I would allow the messages through. Why do people waste their own time?
 trailgirl
Msg: 123
Posted: 6/3/2009 12:40:26 AM
^^^^^^^
because those men are finding the women they want to mesage aren't as interested in them as they were ten years ago.
 trailgirl
Msg: 125
Posted: 7/1/2009 10:41:28 AM
^^^^^^^^^
of course that's fine if the only women he's contacting also have "friends" listed as what they're searching for. If not, then his deception falls through the strainer.

What if the person he's contacted is younger and feels 49 is the upper limits of an age she's comfortable with? He's now wasted both their time when she meets him and can see he's obviously not 49.
 thecheekychick
Msg: 126
Posted: 7/1/2009 12:17:45 PM
This just happened to me. he lied by 13 years! So rude!
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 127
Posted: 7/23/2009 7:35:07 PM
I met a man for a soda the other day. His profile said he is 57. First sight, I thought--no way is he 57.

After the "date," I went home and checked his profile again. Buried in the profile blurb was the sentence, "I am not 57, I am really 62. I just wanted you to read my profile."

I never noticed it there before, though I suppose it was. If I had seen it before I went, I wouldn't have gone.

I sent him a message telling him he shouldn't lie about his age, even if he does "correct it" elsewhere.

He got angry because I called him a liar.

So, posting a false age with the deceitful intent of getting women to read his profile isn't lying?

I guess my ethics are different from his.
 Gaddflye
Msg: 128
Posted: 7/24/2009 5:49:58 AM
Since over 80 percent of the women I met from internet dating sites had lied about their ages from 3 to 12 years I gave up on using the internet to find someone to date. Over two thirds lied about their weight, too. How disappointing it was and what a waste of time!

Frankly, I do best in person. Just had a great date last Friday with a 31 year old ballet dancer and things are looking good! I revealed my age of 66 to her ,too. She did not blink and eye. Just gave me a nice hug and kiss.
 BrownSkinLady81
Msg: 130
Posted: 12/6/2011 5:34:19 AM
I had a guy lie about his age. we decided to stop being friends as of yesterday. His profile said he was 34 but he was really 37. i was 29 at the time (our bday's just both passed the other day). so i was like ok cool, i'm 29 going on 30, he's 34 going on 35, that's not bad. i googled him and found out he was really 37 going on 38. i googled him before we met knowing he might have lied about his age, but i just wanted him to admit to it. i was liking our conversation and he was very attractive and looked young. a really smart guy and funny. we had similar personality and interest and i was intrigued by him. besides my profile said age 26 to 37, so i didn't understand why he just didn't tell me "my profile says 34, but i'm really 37". When we first met i asked to see his ID and he got offended. We still hung out after and talked everyday. things progressed a little too fast. When i finally mentioned his age cuz i couldn't hold it in, he flipped out like the OP said and told me "i don't have to share all of my information up front"...but i was like YOU LIED about your age. we had a big fall out and didn't talk for a few days, but we did later trying to work it out (though i knew in my mind we should have let it go). we had another fall out because of something else but i guess it still stemmed from him lying and decided to start over as friends, but i knew we would never be able to get back to trying to have a relationship...tho part of me really wanted it because i had developed feelings for him, but deep down inside i knew we couldn't because he seemed somewhat harsh and maybe a little controlling. that trust was gone and i kept wondering in the back of my mind "if he lied about something as simple as his age, what else would he lie about". he eventually got mad yesterday at what i wrote about the situation some weeks ago on my profile (i forgot to delete it, figuring he read it that day i wrote it), and called a chicken head and dumbest fukker for writing it and asking why i put his business out there (i had nothing on my page identifying him and just was venting about people lying about their age and coming off one way and actually being another...hell i was extremely hurt that day). so i told him ok let me just end this and not be friends because i'm apparently causing you too much stress and i don't trust you. he agreed.

too bad other then the lying and his reaction to it, he was a cool guy, but he seemed kinda crazy for getting so bad at that and a little verbal abusive which is something i don't tolerate. i was being too nice to him when i am a person who usually tell people off. i was trying not to let my attitude show since he kept mentioning he doesnt like pople with attitudes. i shouldve went off on him weeks ago so i couldve just ended it then instead of holding back my true personality trying to appease him. i'm mad at my self for not running after he got mad when i told him how some guy was flirting and rude to me at a club when i went out for a friend's bday (i dont normally club). something told me to run then. i wasted a little over a month on him....

i dont have much dating experience....so lesson learned: don't hold back your real self to appease no one & run at the first sight of a red flag! there was 2 or 3 red flags and i still tried to see.....go with my first gut and don't go on a 2nd date with a man who can't show you his state ID. he acted like i was really gonna get his SS3 off his ID...do they even put that on ID's anymore? he said i had all the excuses in the book when he really did....and he has an issue with women apparently...he must want some docile woman with no opinion which that i am not. What an ***hole and jerk! he'll probably google this (tho he got made at me googling him), and read it and get mad...lol...if he does...oh the fukk well. he needs to know he's a fukking loser and stupid for what he did :-) ok i'm done venting lol...
 BLoNde__ANgeL
Msg: 131
Posted: 12/6/2011 6:18:21 AM
don't bash me please...i do use recent pix, but have lied about my age in the past when looking for...ahem

all squirrels are gray in the dark
 Paderic
Msg: 132
Posted: 12/6/2011 11:15:12 AM
To me it doesn't make any sense to lie about your age. I see it as a deliberate attempt to deceive, and I don't take kindly to being deceived. You're also likely to get busted at some point.

Same with height and weight.

If my age is a problem to someone, I don't want to meet them anyway.
 BLoNde__ANgeL
Msg: 133
Posted: 12/6/2011 8:15:09 PM
if it's just 4 booty call, what's the diff, as long as u like what's in front of u????
 Halcyon_Skies
Msg: 134
Posted: 12/6/2011 8:31:13 PM

if it's just 4 booty call, what's the diff, as long as u like what's in front of u????

If you have to lie about your age in order to get laid, I think that's pretty pathetic. Dishonesty is a bad enough character flaw as it is, without adding insecurity on top of that.

EPIC FAIL
 BLoNde__ANgeL
Msg: 135
Posted: 12/7/2011 5:39:57 AM
i disagree, i dont have to lie to get laid, however when u are listed as younger you get more age appropriate men looking/emailing- at that point a person can tell their real age...it may not be nice but booty call is a necessary evil for some

i prefer real life, people look at eachother & decide if they are attracted...there is no age # tattooed to our foreheads

yes I have character flaws, i admit to that freely...i guess i am the only one in the forums who has flaws

so having had an ad in here in the past w/ a younger age does not make me a habitual/pathological liar...i was just horny
 Vannili
Msg: 136
view profile
History
Posted: 12/7/2011 6:11:57 AM
blondeDevil;

Even you said in your profile that you are 57 and then you put in small letters that you are really 62, and you are horny to get laid, that is alright with me as long as you have a real penis. And you don't whine that I am a princess who did not split the cost of hamburger $2.99 from Mcdonald...
 Paderic
Msg: 137
Posted: 12/7/2011 7:19:18 AM

i disagree, i dont have to lie to get laid, however when u are listed as younger you get more age appropriate men looking/emailing- at that point a person can tell their real age...it may not be nice but booty call is a necessary evil for some

In the first post, you imply that age shouldn't matter when you're only looking for a booty call. In the second, you say you lied about your age so that the men you attract for said booty call are in the age range you considered appropriate. So which is it? Is age important or not?
 BLoNde__ANgeL
Msg: 138
Posted: 12/7/2011 7:42:42 AM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I never met a soul w/ the fake age ad... but if all i were looking 4 was sex, i'd use the younger age, more men writing-more to pick from as far as sexual attraction-generally men around 50-55 emailed the 42 year old alot more that the 52 yr old,,,if i really was 42 i would not want to date a 55 yr old,sorry too old...if it had gone far enuf that i got an email from someone i would consider 4 booty call, i would tell them prior what my real info was...but it never got that far...i was too chicken...

for a true relationship which is only what i have done, basically from real life in the last 4 years, of course the truth...you can't talk about stuff like when i was in the 4th grade i had a crush on Bobby Sherman, cuz all them things give away your age...remembering when Kennedy was shot, etc. all that lying would be too stressful & humiliating...

this is a site i am on mainly for forums, i have met very few folks over the 5 yrs i am on it & only dated 2 men, neither long term...i appreciate the friendships & even non-friendships i've made in forums & emails
 Halcyon_Skies
Msg: 139
Posted: 12/7/2011 10:11:20 AM

I never met a soul w/ the fake age ad... but if all i were looking 4 was sex, i'd use the younger age, more men writing-more to pick from as far as sexual attraction-generally men around 50-55 emailed the 42 year old alot more that the 52 yr old,,,if i really was 42 i would not want to date a 55 yr old,sorry too old...if it had gone far enuf that i got an email from someone i would consider 4 booty call, i would tell them prior what my real info was...but it never got that far...i was too chicken...

for a true relationship which is only what i have done, basically from real life in the last 4 years, of course the truth...

You were too chicken to go through with it because you knew on some level it was wrong to start up something with a man that was built on dishonesty, by presenting yourself as a woman of child-bearing age.

It sounds to me like what you really want is a relationship, but you're willing to settle for a booty call because you think it's better than nothing. That's very sad. If you ever hope to have a prayer in hell in attracting men of quality, you have to be honest with them from the very beginning.

If you're not currently attracting men in your desired age range, which is 50-55, why not do the necessary work on yourself to make yourself more marketable to those men---instead of lying about your age?
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 140
Posted: 12/7/2011 10:44:28 AM

Nowadays, it seems like men in that age range find women even MY age to be too old, so I don't know if this advice is going to help. If a 50-55 wants a woman who can birth babies, no amount of exercise, diet, makeup and/or plastic surgery is going to help. I don't advocate lying about age. For many reasons brought up in this thread, it's a bad idea. But I think it's disingenuous to pretend that a middle-aged woman is the target demo for middle-aged men. If they are "quality," then they are generally either married already or seeking much younger mates.

If a 50-55 year old man wants to "birth babies" he'd do best to get his head examined than to date (in my honest opinion.) However, my opinion aside? If one wishes to have children in their 50's? I'd suggest they do so with someone much younger ~ that way? Someone will likely be around when that child becomes an adult, versus two parents who are in their 70s. But, I'm certain there are those who would disagree with me on that note. And I personally take a little offense to your statement that "quality" people are either married or seeking those younger. Quality comes in both genders and can be found in people of any age. I've never had an issue finding quality or quantity of those who are "quality" and I ONLY meet/date those within a year or two of my own age. On the other hand? I've encountered more than my share of age-liars. That, in and of itself? For me personally ~~~ takes the "quality" factor to nil. I simply do not understand why or when one's true/correct age became a dirty word. JMO
 classygent6
Msg: 141
Posted: 12/7/2011 11:06:19 AM
Welcome to cyber space. One can be what they want to be until they get caught. I saw on my profile that I had hit 59 instead of 49 and after two days you can't change it...first I thought "It doesn't matter, I look younger. But, when my honesty policy came to the front, "Honesty is always the best policy", I made a retraction. I agree that If one lies about one little thing, they will lie about the bigger things as well.

You can Google a person and find out a lot. I know that women are probably the worst offender, they never want to tell their age. I don't have a problem, lie to me baby...but if you look 70, telling me your 50...I just laugh.

Be honest, "Age is just a Matter of Mind, Don't matter to me, if You Don't Mind"

Phil Clark said that.
 Nice7Girl1977
Msg: 142
Posted: 12/7/2011 11:15:49 AM
I was talking to one guy on here who confessed that profile shows the wrong age. Why? Pretty simple, according to him. It is due to the fact that his sister wrote his entire profile and somehow got his age wrong. Apparently she also screens all women who write to him. Yah, internet is sure full of crazies.
 classygent6
Msg: 143
Posted: 12/7/2011 11:18:49 AM
Vannili, that is scary. Men pretending to be women, women pretending to be man???
 Halcyon_Skies
Msg: 144
Posted: 12/7/2011 11:54:18 AM
If a 50-55 year old man wants to "birth babies" he'd do best to get his head examined than to date (in my honest opinion.)

Very true---unless he's never had kids and really does want them. I've found such men to be exceedingly rare, however. The more common scenario is that he just wants the ego boost he gets from dating younger women who are ABLE to birth babies.

And I personally take a little offense to your statement that "quality" people are either married or seeking those younger. Quality comes in both genders and can be found in people of any age. I've never had an issue finding quality or quantity of those who are "quality" and I ONLY meet/date those within a year or two of my own age.

I thought that statement was offensive, as well, and agree with VGE. While I personally tend to be more attracted to older men closer to 60, I, too, have never had an issue attracting quality men my own age, or younger. I think a lot of that has to do with the fact that I've kept myself in shape.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >