Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Life_Is_Better
Msg: 220
LYING ABOUT AGE ON DATING PROFILE! Page 9 of 18    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18)
Why people are not using the free video service provided by Google (Voice) or Skype, to check the other person out before meeting them the first time, is beyond me. There would be no problem about one's age then (unless one had a good make-up artist at one's disposal).
(Although, thinking about it, it is often hard to tell a woman's true age by her appearance - I think you gals learn about make-up in school and put it to good use throughout your lives.)
 kailania
Msg: 221
LYING ABOUT AGE ON DATING PROFILE!
Posted: 1/26/2012 4:08:03 PM
makeup doesnt always make you look younger, it enhances your good features and can help tone down your bad ones.
I work in make up and skin care and I think I look my age.
when an older woman wears more makeup it usually makes her appear even older as the makeup ends up settling into her wrinkles.
I always use less makeup on an older woman.
a younger woman can wear as much as she wants.
 InterracialDater
Msg: 222
view profile
History
Posted: 1/27/2012 8:10:47 PM
For some reason it seems to be a more prevalent behavior from men. Don't know why. It's not like it won't be found at some point. And of course no one wants to date liar.
 lobo65
Msg: 223
view profile
History
Posted: 1/27/2012 10:39:20 PM
It's not any worse than the women who lie about being 50 pounds, or more, overweight.
 xlmagboy
Msg: 224
Posted: 1/31/2012 8:37:55 AM
I think the real question should be, does age matter when searching for true love. Or does lieing matter?
 A2008
Msg: 225
Posted: 1/31/2012 5:13:43 PM
This is what u get when u date online?
 Looking4Chat0000
Msg: 226
Posted: 1/31/2012 5:45:25 PM
They say age doesn't matter, I always stayed adamant that it does.
I had younger men tell me that all the time lol
So I didn't state my age a couple of times, (must have been on another site) and the guys bugged the hell out of me wanting to know what my age was

I can bet that most men I met off the net lied about their age, whether it be older or younger.
 That_girl*
Msg: 227
Posted: 2/1/2012 10:52:42 AM
@Looking4Chat0000 age is most definatly more then just a number..
i dont know why some belive it isnt..

we all know what makes us tick..
 arbitrary99
Msg: 228
Posted: 4/20/2012 12:27:12 AM

landra - I really don't feel it's that big of a deal. The USA is insanely obsessed with youth. Everyone is meant to be young, look young, feel young, etc. etc. etc. I can't blame people for wanting to shave a few years off their age-- it's the twisted culture here where aging is viewed as either a catastrophe or a disease.
I try to be a little more sympathetic and understanding than you are.
And I certainly don't buy into the "If he is lying about something like this, what else..."
If you feel entitled to call people liars and or ask if they're being dishonest about their age, then don't be surprised by their reactions.

This. In reality maturity depends on intelligence not age, but we have been brainwashed by bible thumping 90 IQ police officers into thinking that a guy who dates a girl 1 year younger is a pedo. The same people who spread this thinking want to outlaw all premarital sex anyways as "fornication".

The only reason privacy really exists is because you don't want people to have information that they wouldn't know how to properly interpret, and that definitely applies here. IMO the site asking age is not an appropriate question in the US.
 starofgaia
Msg: 229
Posted: 4/20/2012 5:04:54 AM
OP: You're spot-on.
 starofgaia
Msg: 230
Posted: 4/20/2012 5:11:57 AM

Is this your real name. I thought I would throw it back to you since you seem judgemental because a man choose not to give his age which is his right

Blah, blah, blah - there isn't such a right. And if it were so, then what about her right to well-being and safety? Why do you think his bullshit supersedes this?

He deliberately lied to her bypass her wishes and filters and then he abusively chastised her for defending herself. This is indicative of a dangerous personality; you're defense of this speaks volumes about your blatant ignorance and indifference.
 Infinity_G
Msg: 231
Posted: 4/20/2012 5:21:58 AM
I think I might've posted this earlier in this thread...but...sicne it was brought back up.....

I had seen women that would lie in the NUMBERS section, just selected the drop down.....like say age 37.....this woman was .....I have to admit....VERY attractive, good shape, had swimsuit photos of your by the pool....she could pull of "young"

But IN her profile she says, "I know I put I'm 37, but I'm actually 45......but I tend to look and feel young for my age, and done it this way in order to receive emails from the men I seek. (Another way of phrasing that she's looking for a younger man).

So she "qualified" herself and explains herself in the profile.

If they explain themselves IN their profile......is it justified.

ALSO< question for the men.....if she was attractive.....would you care that she did this? I bet men would be like "oh okay, that explains it" and emails her anyways, regardless of the lie? lol

I would not email her, because she just demonstrated her extreme shallowness.
 browneyesboo
Msg: 232
Posted: 4/20/2012 5:41:43 AM
It's pretty clear to me why people lie about their age on profiles.
It's the same reason they lie about height and weight.
They want to be included or excluded in profile searches so they
arrange their stats so they fall within the perimeters of the person
they're looking for.

I do find it interesting that men find it acceptable to lie about their
age but become outraged should women lie about their weight, and
conversely, women think nothing about lying about their weight, but
have a low tolerance for men who lie about their age.

To me, it's all lies.
Doesn't matter to me if you "justify" it later on in your profile. You still
used lies and subterfuge to be included in someone's list of possiblities
even though the very thing you lied about was a disqualifier.
 Ren-Girl
Msg: 233
Posted: 4/20/2012 10:55:52 AM
It's not just men who lie about things such as age on their profiles. Though, I too, have seen one of my ex's on here and he is suddenly 5 years younger than he was last year......lol
 femaleconnection
Msg: 234
Posted: 4/20/2012 12:03:02 PM

But IN her profile she says, "I know I put I'm 37, but I'm actually 45......but I tend to look and feel young for my age, and done it this way in order to receive emails from the men I seek. (Another way of phrasing that she's looking for a younger man).

So she "qualified" herself and explains herself in the profile.

If they explain themselves IN their profile......is it justified.

I do not agree personally.

If someone on pof has a filter that they dont accept emails from anyone over 40...then I am not for them-because I AM over 40!

I couldnt get away with this even if I wanted to, I have relatives and school mates on here and I would be soooo busted if I bs'd my age.

People telling fibs are deluding themselves. You simply cannot build anything good on a weak foundation...and a lie is a weak foundation.
 Infinity_G
Msg: 235
Posted: 4/20/2012 12:37:56 PM

People telling fibs are deluding themselves. You simply cannot build anything good on a weak foundation...and a lie is a weak foundation.

Yeah, there's actually this woman I know in real life....locally. A while back, in my early 30's I took an 3 month sub with Match. I seen her around, and knew her in passing and eye contact, but never talked to her in person, never had a reason to. ANyhow, I saw an opening, saw her on Match, and contacted her there, she had herself at age 38 or something in the late 30's, but she thanked me for the email, but thought the age diff. was too great.

Fast forward until very recently. Had seen her on THIS site....but i am 40, but she is only 42? She went from a 6/7 age difference from back then....to only a 2 yr age diff. LOL
 GypsyWinds
Msg: 236
Posted: 4/21/2012 9:56:03 AM
Ughh gotta love those lying profiles. Some of them lie about much more than their age. I was on this site about 4 years ago. After a little fishing, met a great guy. Perfect for me, so I thought. After a few months of dating I came across a bit of information about him that was contrary to the information he was giving me: (keep in mind, I had already introduced him to my family and children)

Wrong Name
Wrong Age
Wrong Address
Wrong Profession
Wrong Marital Status

Wow, can you imagine calling someone by the wrong name for months and they were enjoying it? Introducing them to your family & children? The truth...was very humiliating at first, but a good lesson learned. Hmm needless to say, I haven't dated for awhile. Just recently checked back into dating sites. Thinking myself to be much wiser this time around....lol not shy about asking someone for I.D.

Whats really sad.....he's still on POF.
 jonabella
Msg: 237
Posted: 4/21/2012 10:41:33 AM
I think it's okay to take a few years off~if U present as such..women..love to be told they look younger, why can't they say it~men want more than to be "distinguished"~let sleeping dogs lie
 Luv_Lyfe
Msg: 238
Posted: 4/21/2012 11:12:35 AM
It has been my experience that a significant percentage of women within or who wish to present themselves as being within my dating range of the early forties to perhaps the early fifties lie about their age by from 4 to 12 years. It is a pointless exercise and a total waste of time since one's true age is so readily determinable once a name or even a telephone number is revealed. Then what? Furthermore, when I encounter the profile of a woman I already know is is lying about her age it diminishes my opinion of her. Frankly, I no longer would trust what she has to say to me about much of anything.
 droidfanatic
Msg: 239
Posted: 4/21/2012 12:11:51 PM
I went out with a gal once who claimed she was ELEVEN YEARS younger. She claimed 35 when she was 46.

Her "rationale" was not only the typical "feel younger blah blah" stuff but an interesting twist too:

"Well Asians always look young and no one will know anyway, what can it hurt?"

I told her you being a liar will hurt people.
 Sunshinelady555
Msg: 240
Posted: 4/21/2012 12:31:42 PM
These are probably the same people who would be disappointed or angry if I lied about my body type.....
Some things are arbitrary; age is not one of them.
Thoughts?

Yep you find this more probably with MEN. lol
I've had some ask me on here, " am I really that old."
Now why would I say I was older, if I wasn't. Duh
 droidfanatic
Msg: 241
Posted: 4/21/2012 3:15:27 PM
I once went on a first meet with a gal who, afterwards, tried to claim I looked "significantly different" than my pix.

My exact response: "Are you. Out. Of. Your. Fvkcing. Mind?!"

I said, "Hold that thought!" I took a pic with my droid right then and there, time/date stamped, uploaded it to my profile via the mobile app, and told her what I'd done.

"Now, you wanna try to claim that again?"

She didn't answer. loooolll
 optimismfirst
Msg: 242
Posted: 4/21/2012 4:06:36 PM
I hope he doesnt get fuc* up the ass....
because sounds like he gets it
 musical_turtle
Msg: 243
Posted: 4/21/2012 4:19:32 PM
That sucks lol.
I've had a few guys lie about their age to me.
Usually it's been small differences, so I didn't make a big deal out of it.
But I still don't appreciate the lying =)
 Vannili
Msg: 244
view profile
History
Posted: 4/22/2012 2:02:24 AM
If a person will lie his AGE or whatever about his person it is his business, and if you believe you are a sucker.
It is a class act not to embarrass that person who is lying about his age unless it is your business, so be kind to save their face......Confronting guys on dating internet if they are lying about their age won't do anygood anyway. No one would admit that they are lying..
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >