Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Missouri  > The Most Amazing Big Top Show @ The Strat FENTON 5-30-09      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 J_in_OFallon
Msg: 252
The Most Amazing Big Top Show @ The Strat FENTON 5-30-09Page 11 of 15    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15)
Captain Schmaptain... Patron, OK but...

Just downed me a double shot o'Rumple and a beer.

Dang swivel chair won't stop spinnin'. Whee!

Thank goodness I don't have anywhere I need to be but here. Gotta be at .08 about now.
 TheKidof72
Msg: 253
The Most Amazing Big Top Show @ The Strat FENTON 5-30-09
Posted: 5/26/2009 6:45:37 PM
I always have taken a liking to them boys who have a lil Captain in them.

Linda, find me Saturday and we will have to do a shot together. I prefer the Patron over Jose, no hangover the next day with Patron.

Ok, did I scare away my partner in the kissing booth, I had to check out my competation and there is no Sam signed up for the party. I may be a lil but don't worry guy's I 'm still an .
 Ms_Lookn4fun
Msg: 254
Posted: 5/26/2009 7:44:36 PM
the best to those who go for the Captain this Saturday night, hopefully you will all have a room to sleep off the Since I spent my room money this past weekend in Memphis, hmm, yea, well, I'll be not drinking so much for a change and sleeping at home in my own bed, rent-free
 TheKidof72
Msg: 255
Posted: 5/26/2009 8:05:52 PM
IS IT SATURDAY YET?????????

Watermelon Flavored lip gloss - Check
Toothbrush and Toothpaste - Check
Strat Room reserved - Check
Cooler with Pineapple and Cranberry Juice, water and Starbucks Mocha Frappacino (For Sunday morning)- Check
Malibu Caribbean Rum (Mango Flavor - 750 ml) - Check
Captain Morgan's Parrot Bay Key Lime Rum (750 ml) - Check
Captain Morgan Original Spiced Rum (1.75 L) - Check
(and no, my alcohol is not stored above my fridge, it pays to not have children in the house, you can keep it down on the counter)

Gotta pick up the Patron or American Honey and make something for the Hangover Breakfast and then I will be set.

Hey, where is our countdown guy. I am sure that he is just marking off them days till he gets his birthday spankings.
 JimDandyJr
Msg: 256
Posted: 5/26/2009 9:48:46 PM
This special should go from 7 until closing time. $1.oo Well/Rail Drinks & Draft from 7 to 9.
The $5.00 cover should let the cheap liquior flow all night long. Food for thought -- I hate cover charges and would rather pay a reasonable price for drinks, because if its not happening for me then I can leave after one drink. They make a killing on motel rooms that would probably be empty if not for the POF on these party nights! Thank you in advance for all the hard work and time that goes into putting these dog and pony shows together. Ciao,
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 257
Posted: 5/26/2009 10:21:51 PM
Here's the thing, JimDandy...the cover is covering the BAND. :O) The Strat discontinued having live bands, and I wanted to host a gig there with a band. I LIKE bands...and most prefer live music to...dead. LOL

If you can find a place which could offer $1 drinks ALL NIGHT LONG, and accommodate 300 to 600 or so people...you pass that info on to me! :O) I agree that the hotel makes a better profit when the fish are there...however, keep in mind all the nights that they DON'T. They provide free food, staff to set up and clean up the ballroom, tablecloths, staff to service us, etc...can't complain!

I have actually considered the idea of a cover for a while now...for those who come ONLY for the 2 hour drink specials and free food. Though I think the majority obviously stay!

I agree with Denise...this place is LIVEWIRE since just a couple days ago...LOL...nice to see peeps behaving more like their Fishie counterparts!
 Miss Authentic
Msg: 258
Posted: 5/27/2009 7:53:18 AM
I for one most certainly do appreciate all the hard work Kat and others have done so many times to organize these parties for us! I have often wondered why there's no cover since I know for a fact that these things can't be cheap to put together. The Strat is a great party venue too considering our numbers and what they choose to include for us. Granted, the rooms aren't exactly "swanky"...lol...but who cares since by the time most of us get in them we've had enough drinks not to care!

I am really looking forward to seeing people I haven't seen since New Year's! "Saint" T (really questioning the saint part since I've gone out with her several times...lol), Kat, Susie, Denise, etc. My reservation is made, my bag will be packed today just so I don't forget anything, making my baked goods contribution on Saturday morning (think clown cupcakes people), and I'm bringing a newbie! My sister Denise (LADYLAHAI) is finally going to come to a POF party! See you all Saturday!

Tiffany
 pizza_chef1
Msg: 259
Posted: 5/27/2009 8:07:58 AM
I am gonna make some special brownies.... NO RUSS! Not those "special brownies" but the ones I have been making have just a tad bit of a kick to them. Sorry Kat, no brownies for you, at least the ones I am making. I will be bringing Chipotle Brownies... I am planning to wrap them each individually and thinking of finding a lil sticker to put on them of a hot pepper?
 Miss Authentic
Msg: 260
Posted: 5/27/2009 8:15:05 AM
Chipotle brownies?!? Now there's something I've never heard of...looking forward to trying that one...bring on the sweet heat!
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 261
Posted: 5/27/2009 8:50:55 AM
Tiff...you are an amazing baker, I look forward to seeing your clown cupcakes! I also look forward to meeting your sister! :O)

Skip...hmmm....dunno about that! Ashleigh just said she heard Chipotle Brownies are AWESOME, but the thing is...I do not like chipotle flavor. :O( And I learned last night, that chocolate is on my NO NO list of things, right with alcohol! Tis ok though! I will park my already too big trunk at Debbie's CARMAMEL APPLE CAKE!

Brenda...ya' think he might be too busy cause he is "storing up all his evil?" Yeah, Russ...we know what that is code for!

I would ask is it Fri night yet, but NOOOOOO...I am not ready! LOL
 previouslyme
Msg: 262
Posted: 5/27/2009 1:19:09 PM
Now isn't Russ, the evil saver-upper, the one that gets to "enjoy" his Birthday Saturday at the mercy of his POF fan club? There are some secret members you all may not know about. Russ, beware... I think Kat owes you a extra special treat for the culmination of another year.... wonder what she can come up with? I guess I will have to miss out... I will wait for the pictures and hear the stories...
 TheKidof72
Msg: 263
Posted: 5/27/2009 2:24:35 PM
I want some of them funny brownies. Wonder how they taste with Captain?
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 264
Posted: 5/27/2009 2:41:55 PM
Whatcha mean, PickeyPole? You mean Door Greet? Those are all filled! :O) But thank you! If not...holla at us and explain!

Yeah...Russ will get a special bday treat from the kitty...but there will be NO PICS. (That HAS to make him come around!)
 Ms_Lookn4fun
Msg: 265
Posted: 5/27/2009 3:43:14 PM
3 more days til
time!!!

and fellow just waiting or not to be
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 266
Posted: 5/27/2009 5:48:59 PM
Russell, I think you know that I can most definitely handle doling out 49 spankins! So don't you ease your pretty mind, just yet! Or is that reverse psychology? Yeah...he likes those spankins and he really wants more than 49!

Countdown is at 2 days and 23 hours more or less....whoo hoo!
 SusieStL
Msg: 267
Posted: 5/27/2009 5:49:50 PM
you will NOT believe what happened to me today... I get all the way to work.. walk up to my desk and there was a piece of paper saying... I WAS OFF WORK TODAY... and I am working this coming weekend..... SSSOOOOOOOO if I go sat night I will not be staying long UNLESS I can get someone to work sunday for me.......

I want to say a whole lot about my employer @#@$^&%%#$#@$#^% however it is the local fools not the whole corp... well maybe.

so keep your fingers crossed that I can find someone to work Sunday for me... if so and they will allow the change that will be too cool.... I will be a night owl with the rest of you.. if not I will have to cut out early.
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 268
Posted: 5/27/2009 6:01:24 PM
THAT totally blows, Susie! Not to mention BS, when you make the trip all the way to work to be told you are not on?! Sheesh!
 dbakerlady
Msg: 269
Posted: 5/27/2009 7:18:22 PM
well the cake is baked ,, filling made ,,, icing is made ,,, i just have to put it together now . still don't know how i'm going to decorat it yet ,, but i will think of something . i do have a couple of ideals !

soooooooooo looking foward to sat. , i'm ready to .

cya all soon Debi
 SusieStL
Msg: 270
Posted: 5/27/2009 7:28:34 PM
yes, it does blow.. not a whole lot I can do about it... need to keep a roof over my head... I am going to let it be know it wouldn't hurt for them to have a little concern for others.... don't get me going.

I hope to make it sat night, if nothing else for a few hours.
 LickMeInStL
Msg: 271
Posted: 5/27/2009 7:59:03 PM
Please consider this for all future parties! Alton, Illinois has a block party the last Saturday of every month until October. This is every year from May until October with first class bands, and great after parties at the bars on third street. It's all free -- except for what you buy to eat and drink. I hope that future POF parties before October will not be booked on the last Saturday of the month. Please keep this in mind because a lot of people north of highway 40 enjoy these block parties in Alton!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 272
Posted: 5/27/2009 8:05:21 PM
Thanks for that info, errrr....LickMe.....but we can hardly accommodate EVERY schedule...have a difficult enough time coordinating the venues, host, and co-hosts to have the same week available! This Strat event was booked in FEBRUARY and was the only available Saturday in May.

Sounds like a good time, though! Those north of 40 are not being kept from attending the block party....everyone is adults and can go where they wanna go! :O)
 previouslyme
Msg: 273
Posted: 5/27/2009 8:55:32 PM
Great option fo several people that do not want to go to a scheduled POF event! I have always heard that these Alton parties are awesome. You can post the event in the weekends things to do or the around town threads, you will get more takers! Especially if you remind us on Friday or Saturdays! Sometimes at the last minute some individuals or groups might want to do something out of our norm!

The dedicated POF parties basically are so that we have minimal weather interference, many of our friends will be there and find us, new friends in the same boat (single), no children to mind or interfere, plenty of seating, indoor plumbing and on occasion an attached hotel!

I don't have many weekends gauranteed free. I want to make sure my plans can be go on with out too much of a hitch.
 LickMeInStL
Msg: 274
Posted: 5/27/2009 10:12:45 PM
I WOULD always pick an Alton Block Park over a POF event because there are a lot more hip people there (my opinion). All I was trying to do is point out that the Alton Block Parties have been going on a lot longer than the local POF events and my guest will still be going on after these POF events fade away (my opinion). At block parties and festivals you always have a lot of new people to see and meet and at the POF events it's most the same crowd give or take 25 people. Oh well, life goes on -- and you're correct we can go wherever we damn well please. God Bless America!
 FatBottomGirlie
Msg: 275
Posted: 5/28/2009 1:46:40 AM
Wow, when I did personalized tags for the POF events there was never a time when I wasn't adding 100+ NEW names to the list for the larger events. There's always a "core" group of people, and those tend to be members who are more active in the forums, but there's also a continuous influx of new people. If there wasn't, the numbers for the events wouldn't be as large as they usually are.

But hey, to each their own and don't forget to post the events you'll be attending in the forums. If you think it's fun to do there's probably at least a handful of others who do too!

That reminds me! Sunday (the day after - lol ) I'll be heading back to faire... who's with me?????
 previouslyme
Msg: 276
Posted: 5/28/2009 5:43:52 AM
The Alton Block party invite or announcement would be one you post in the what is happening this weekend. Any event that is not related to the event thread you are on should be on there. That is why it is there. This thread is to support the event posted in the subject line.

There is also another thread for things to do out side of the scheduled POF events now too.
Show ALL Forums  > Missouri  > The Most Amazing Big Top Show @ The Strat FENTON 5-30-09