Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Missouri  > The Most Amazing Big Top Show @ The Strat FENTON 5-30-09      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 SusieStL
Msg: 201
The Most Amazing Big Top Show @ The Strat FENTON 5-30-09Page 9 of 15    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15)
yes, it does blow.. not a whole lot I can do about it... need to keep a roof over my head... I am going to let it be know it wouldn't hurt for them to have a little concern for others.... don't get me going.

I hope to make it sat night, if nothing else for a few hours.
 LickMeInStL
Msg: 202
The Most Amazing Big Top Show @ The Strat FENTON 5-30-09
Posted: 5/27/2009 7:59:03 PM
Please consider this for all future parties! Alton, Illinois has a block party the last Saturday of every month until October. This is every year from May until October with first class bands, and great after parties at the bars on third street. It's all free -- except for what you buy to eat and drink. I hope that future POF parties before October will not be booked on the last Saturday of the month. Please keep this in mind because a lot of people north of highway 40 enjoy these block parties in Alton!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 203
Posted: 5/27/2009 8:05:21 PM
Thanks for that info, errrr....LickMe.....but we can hardly accommodate EVERY schedule...have a difficult enough time coordinating the venues, host, and co-hosts to have the same week available! This Strat event was booked in FEBRUARY and was the only available Saturday in May.

Sounds like a good time, though! Those north of 40 are not being kept from attending the block party....everyone is adults and can go where they wanna go! :O)
 previouslyme
Msg: 204
Posted: 5/27/2009 8:55:32 PM
Great option fo several people that do not want to go to a scheduled POF event! I have always heard that these Alton parties are awesome. You can post the event in the weekends things to do or the around town threads, you will get more takers! Especially if you remind us on Friday or Saturdays! Sometimes at the last minute some individuals or groups might want to do something out of our norm!

The dedicated POF parties basically are so that we have minimal weather interference, many of our friends will be there and find us, new friends in the same boat (single), no children to mind or interfere, plenty of seating, indoor plumbing and on occasion an attached hotel!

I don't have many weekends gauranteed free. I want to make sure my plans can be go on with out too much of a hitch.
 LickMeInStL
Msg: 205
Posted: 5/27/2009 10:12:45 PM
I WOULD always pick an Alton Block Park over a POF event because there are a lot more hip people there (my opinion). All I was trying to do is point out that the Alton Block Parties have been going on a lot longer than the local POF events and my guest will still be going on after these POF events fade away (my opinion). At block parties and festivals you always have a lot of new people to see and meet and at the POF events it's most the same crowd give or take 25 people. Oh well, life goes on -- and you're correct we can go wherever we damn well please. God Bless America!
 FatBottomGirlie
Msg: 206
Posted: 5/28/2009 1:46:40 AM
Wow, when I did personalized tags for the POF events there was never a time when I wasn't adding 100+ NEW names to the list for the larger events. There's always a "core" group of people, and those tend to be members who are more active in the forums, but there's also a continuous influx of new people. If there wasn't, the numbers for the events wouldn't be as large as they usually are.

But hey, to each their own and don't forget to post the events you'll be attending in the forums. If you think it's fun to do there's probably at least a handful of others who do too!

That reminds me! Sunday (the day after - lol ) I'll be heading back to faire... who's with me?????
 previouslyme
Msg: 207
Posted: 5/28/2009 5:43:52 AM
The Alton Block party invite or announcement would be one you post in the what is happening this weekend. Any event that is not related to the event thread you are on should be on there. That is why it is there. This thread is to support the event posted in the subject line.

There is also another thread for things to do out side of the scheduled POF events now too.
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 208
Posted: 5/28/2009 7:08:07 AM
I think LickMe has his numbers backwards...there is about 25 or so of the "same ole, same ole" people....and hundreds of newbs! And POF events ARE ABOUT SINGLES, I might add...whereas other stuff is not...couples, singles, and even families, at time. That is what makes the parties unique for...singles. :O) But who is comparing? And we definitely are not competing! LOL

But I AM curious, LickMe...if you have been to so many of the POF parties to voice these opinions...who is you?? LOL No pic, descriptives do not sound like anyone I have met...I actually initially thought you were a troll! Glad I am wrong!
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 209
Posted: 5/28/2009 8:09:36 AM
J In Ofallon...I boo-booed and accidentally deleted your name from the attendance list, when attempting to delete a dead profile sign up, below you! Please sign up again! LOL

Sorry...my screen looks a lot different than everyone else sees it...and the "delete" buttons are confusing as to whether they delete above or below the button. LOL
 Sue-De-Nym
Msg: 210
Posted: 5/28/2009 10:07:28 AM
Well, I'm going to the party at the Strat because I'm hoping that "StraddleMeInHillsboro" finally shows up - been DYING to meet that guy! Of course if he doesn't come to the party, MountMeInMarylandHeights" is supposed to come.

FatBottomGirlie
Msg: 211
Posted: 5/28/2009 10:46:13 AM
Well, I'm going to the party at the Strat because I'm hoping that "StraddleMeInHillsboro" finally shows up - been DYING to meet that guy! Of course if he doesn't come to the party, MountMeInMarylandHeights" is supposed to come.

DAMMIT! I think I peed laughng at the above.

OH YES, I'm going to faire Sunday! I'm garbing up before I leave the hotel even!
 Iamcowboy
Msg: 212
Posted: 5/28/2009 1:53:50 PM
my weekend just got cleared up. i should be able to make it and stay a while. i see that harley will be in the kissing booth. my heart skipped a beat with elation. but i might have to wait in line. so i might just stay dancing. lol good times are made by all.
 sporty_ambie09
Msg: 213
Posted: 5/28/2009 3:50:10 PM
Unless I'm feeling completely better by Saturday night, I am not going to be in attendance. I'm having my gallbladder removed on Friday afternoon at St. John's Mercy, so I do not think that I will be able to feel better and come party. I was really looking forward to this party as well :(
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 214
Posted: 5/28/2009 4:02:12 PM
Argh Amber! I do NOT think you will be up to such after having your gallbladder removed! Get well soon!

Shoulda done what I did and schedule it for AFTER...heehee...nice to have that choice!

Will...bring those dollars, baby....as Sue-De might say, "No fitty cent kisses!"

Sue-De...OMGAWD....I DID pee this time, dammit! (not really...but I had to express how fvckin' funny that was!) I am soooo hoping that "LemmeBendYouOverAndSpankYou" comes! If he does not, I would be just as elated if "Gr8BtweenYerThighs" makes an appearance!

J...forgive me! LOL
 Ms_Lookn4fun
Msg: 215
Posted: 5/28/2009 4:51:38 PM
hello all, I sent out my mass email, and of course those already signed up for the big event, did not get the email, you already know about the party, so why repeat myself..that's only supposed to happen after lots of

Jerry may make it after all, we will have to wait and see; he said he'll be driving me home, I say I won't be wasted and will drive just fine; however it would be nice to have a DD just in case, it's been awhile since I had a good buzz!!

2 more days folks, sign ups are looking awesome!!
 TheKidof72
Msg: 216
Posted: 5/28/2009 5:42:51 PM
I just got done looking through all the sign ups and all I can say is Kat, we need more time for the party.............TOO MANY HOT GUYS AND NOT ENOUGH HOURS TO MEET ALL OF THEM. Guess they will just have to come by the kissing booth while I am there and meet me.

Oh yeah, and I got out of my conference calls that morning so I will be ready to party even earlier now.

And Shellie, I am looking forward to go to the Ren Faire on Sunday. Hopefully though the weather holds out for us this time and there won't be any possiblities of flooding.

OK, so now on to the AfterParty party, what foods is everyone bringing, just breakfast items, or can we bring anything.
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 217
Posted: 5/28/2009 6:04:27 PM
Are ya TRYING to make me crazy, Theresa? 7 to close is plenty of time...you just have to invite the ones you miss to the after party!

Bring what you want...it IS sort of brunch themed and there are some suggestions on an earlier post...but bring what you want! If YOU would like it...I am sure others would too. Also....Gotta get this out there...the after party is a STRICT BRING YOUR OWN BOTTLE or BEVERAGES. PLEASE do not "help yourself" to others beverages unless you ask that person. People were doing this last time and it was just plain RUDE.

Also, reminder...the AFTER PARTY in 242 will be NON SMOKING.
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 218
Posted: 5/28/2009 7:41:56 PM
Perhaps this is the wrong forum, but I just don't get why so many dead profiles are signing up and becoming dead, the same day? LOL I am having to delete at least one or two new, but now dead, sign ups...pretty consistently. LOL Weird...makes me wonder if people are joining to sign up...but then deleting their accounts? LMAO

Anyhoot...our numbers keep going up...and down...and up some more....and down a little...and upppppPPPP some more....LOL....gonna be a HOOT! :O)
 semovictory
Msg: 219
Posted: 5/28/2009 7:47:59 PM
Up and then down..then up hmmmmm
 SusieStL
Msg: 220
Posted: 5/28/2009 8:03:38 PM

I FOUND SOMEONE TO WORK FOR ME ON SUNDAY......... I will be staying up late with the night owls sat night... I love those late hours.

So, I will be ready to dance, laugh and have fun... anyone else as excited as I am???

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~

edit, forgot to say I am not even going there Kat... LOL
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 221
Posted: 5/28/2009 8:52:13 PM
Hi Kev! :O) Glad you will be foot loosing it out there on the floor! Whoo Hoo!
 previouslyme
Msg: 222
Posted: 5/28/2009 9:08:14 PM
Hmmm... making me think of Karen Valentine... remember her room number guys? Not the same type of room but, I am sure there will be a few that know exactly what I am talking about. Almost as popular as Farrah's poster in the 70's.
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 223
Posted: 5/28/2009 10:36:20 PM
You're off by about 20! LOL

Looks like we may have lost our Henna artist....wtf? She seems to speak English as a second language...and her husband is not pleased with her to be at single late night event.
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 224
Posted: 5/29/2009 6:59:02 AM
*I* even had a Farrah poster in my bedroom....knew where "sex" was spelled out without having to look for it! LOL And whenever we played "Charlies Angels"...I had to be Jill! (and I got my way! LOL)

Brenda...believe me...THAT was ground into her when I replied to her email....about the loss of the sign and the customers! But I reallllllly went on about the sign! Making a couple calls....might still happen! Was too late last night.
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 225
Posted: 5/29/2009 8:01:28 AM
Do, Re, Mi, Fa, So, La, Ti, Do!!! A one, a two, a one, two, three, four...

**Sings in her best Orphan Annie rendition**

"To-mor-row! To-mor-row! The party happens TO-MOR-ROOOOOWWWW!"

Reminder!! If you have ANY PLANS to STAY OVERNIGHT, reserve your rooms by MIDNIGHT TONIGHT. Availibility and rates NOT guaranteed after such!

I see sooo many great people signed up and sooo many people I am anxious to meet!
Show ALL Forums  > Missouri  > The Most Amazing Big Top Show @ The Strat FENTON 5-30-09