Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ontario  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Danteslnferno
Msg: 325
view profile
History
What is your #1 Pet Peeve in ProfilesPage 5 of 22    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22)
Whitey quit looking at my profile hahahahaha. It feels weird calling someone Whitey like that ...

Anyhoo ...

Why in Galoshes name do people spell the word lose, as in 'I hate to lose when playing cards' loose? LOOSE? Oy that drives me insane. yes yes I know short trip ...

Oh yes, I also dislike it when people put down that they are single when in fact they are seperated/divorced. you may be SINGLE in your mind, but you had a marriage at one time and for those who are Seperated, you are STILL MARRIED ... maybe not living or even talking with the person you are seperated from, but legally you are married. Don't tell me you live your life as a single person and therefore you are. A lot of married people who still live with their spouse think that way too. they are called cheaters!!!! hahahahahaha
 Mayah66
Msg: 326
What is your #1 Pet Peeve in Profiles
Posted: 11/11/2008 5:11:59 PM
1 sentence profile - gee you put a lot of thought into this...
Shirtless pictures
Men in their 30s and 40s who are looking for a "girl"
Lots of typos or short form - I can see that when messaging, even on the forums but on a profile?
Overuse of emoticons

In reading one of the pet peeves mentioned above, I thought the one about "Do you want children" "Prefer not to say" was interesting. I answered "no" in my profile but I've always struggled a bit with that one. I don't want any children of my own but would welcome someone else's. I've wondered if I say "no" someone might think I wouldn't welcome their child in my life.

(now I'm totally paranoid about my your/you're and there/they're :P)
 Optimist54
Msg: 328
view profile
History
Posted: 11/12/2008 9:40:16 AM
As has been said, spelling is an issue.

However, the ability to spell is not related to intelligence. My room mate in university was genius level and couldn’t spell, but she was smart enough to hand me the essay to proof read before she handed it in. This, of course, was before computers and spell check. So, maybe you can’t spell, but use the tools available.

Typos are no excuse unless you are chatting online. We all make those typo errors, but when they are written, then read over and posted (as your profiles and these posts are), make sure the typos are corrected.

I noticed that when I made a spelling error, the word had a red line under it - sure sign that you need to check the spelling
 stopstarin
Msg: 330
Posted: 11/13/2008 3:57:14 AM
same web cam shots, just from 6 different angles

Gawd....the pouting/pursed lip pics

giving the finger

"my friends put me up to this"

all the WAY OVER DONE movie cliche' headlines

grainy satellite pics from 6 kms away

"my friends say............"

people STILL using model pics

testimonial

overweight cleavage

"glamor" shots

lingerie/bed shots

starin
 Danteslnferno
Msg: 332
view profile
History
Posted: 11/13/2008 3:29:48 PM
Ahhhh crap I have "My friends say..." on my profile ... I guess StopStarin isn't gonna date me now lmao ...
 Celticmist
Msg: 333
Posted: 11/13/2008 7:48:03 PM
If you write this way

people who say their say into working out when clearing they are not

instead of

people who say they are (they're) into working out when clearly they are not

should be not be too critical of others. LOL
I think the most offensive thing to me is when they write blah blah blah or x's in the About Me area. It really does say a lot about you - as in you are not willing to put any effort into meeting someone, so why in heavens name would anyone believe you are willing to put any effort into getting to know them and form a relationship.

Oh god's yes Dantes ! remove the "my friends say" I used to have the line in my profile -"Be warned, I like to sing when happy. My friends say I am a good singer, but then again, they are my friends." LOL
 onefreeguy
Msg: 334
view profile
History
Posted: 11/13/2008 9:10:39 PM

Posted By: danteslnferno on 11/13/2008 648 PM
Subject: What is your #1 Pet Peeve in Profiles
Message: Ahhhh crap I have "My friends say..." on my profile ... I guess StopStarin isn't gonna date me now lmao ...

Maybe not, but if you change your age to say 18, I think I know someone who might...
 GrEeKy1987
Msg: 335
Posted: 11/14/2008 6:23:56 AM
My NUMBER ONE PET PEEVE has got to be when they write

"Oh no IM's please.... its weird"

Well go turn the damn thing off there is an option for that ! Christ
 stopstarin
Msg: 338
Posted: 11/16/2008 7:24:26 AM
ok..........

a few more

the "screaming ovaries" profiles, late 30's never married and no kids, YET not interested in guys with kids, because she wants to start her own family 1 day! Tic toc tic toc

pretzel pics- the "bar stars" bent and twisted bar/club shots, usually ass and chest sticking out, camera overhead.........with the obligatory pouting/pursed lips

pics with shirts/sweater TUCKED IN...........Who does that?

cropped pic of your last dude's hand shoulder etc etc.......come on, seriously!

"I like going out, and like staying in cuddling watching movies" originality at it's finest

"I have an amazing career, tons of amazing friends and family and I'm very busy, but will make time for that special someone". ahahahahahahahaha, SURE you will, let me wait by the phone! Now if this is all true, why even be here, you have plenty of opportunities to meet people being out all the time doing things. Never understood that one!

starin
 Leeanne
Msg: 339
view profile
History
Posted: 11/16/2008 7:36:43 AM
Negativity - hatred - intollerance - stupidity - lack of motivation - rudeness - ignorance - smarminess - pompous - arrogance - just a few things I hate to see expressed in a profile!
 ________
Msg: 340
Posted: 11/16/2008 1:55:35 PM
People who say "just ask" and then don't reply if you do.
 Danteslnferno
Msg: 344
view profile
History
Posted: 11/20/2008 5:50:50 PM
hahahahaha bluz lmao That's funny as heck.

How about when someone says that they are looking for a regular guy who is fun yadda yadda yadda ...

... but must be 6'4" ripped ab's rich and willing to spend their fortune on me lmfao
 Lightning Thunder Boy
Msg: 351
Posted: 11/27/2008 10:58:10 AM
My biggest peeve is the amount of judgemental people on some of the sites and in these posts. I think this site wouldn't exist if it were not for the people who are in a relationship but who are unhappy and are seeking either a new one, some temporary escape, some boost in self-confidence or something that is meant to 'repair' self-admitted emotional damage. Love isn't simple. People who seek others while attached should not be simply dismissed as being 'cheaters'. As if that simple classification could possibly describe all the subtle nuances and complexities of a person who is simply seeking love and/or affection. How many people have known someone who left a bad marriage to find the love of their life? I have. I'm sure others have. Were all of those decisions to leave based on shallow self-centredness? I don't think so.
 An Optimist...
Msg: 352
Posted: 11/27/2008 5:16:07 PM
I have a small pet peeve that I can't say I've ever had before...I'm a year too old

There's a woman in my city that I share a lot of comon interests with...It doesn't hurt that I'm quite attracted to her also.......I'd love to contact her but I'm 50......and 49 is her cut off age to accept response's......now before you get the wrong idea, she's 47....so it's not like there's a generation gap.....

Now if I could get just one kind soul (under 49) to send her an email and let her know I'd like to speak to her, she may (or may not) contact me....Any kind souls out there?

If you're one, contact me at my profile for her profile name......
 mystrygal
Msg: 354
view profile
History
Posted: 11/30/2008 9:39:15 AM
I am still chuckling with a profile I just recently viewed...
stating they were trusting honest and reliable....
thats not the funny part ..the funny part is in the status...he is Married..

ok so who would believe he is honest(cheating or sidestepping) on wife..
reliable(late coming home making excuses or whatever) see someone on side
an he also has long term looking...hmm makes you wonder longterm till
something catches their eye....

Danteslnferno
Msg: 357
view profile
History
Posted: 12/2/2008 3:49:24 PM
The next pictures I am posting will be of me with some stranger's kids beside me hahahahahahaha
 mystrygal
Msg: 362
view profile
History
Posted: 12/8/2008 3:49:45 PM
Or people that post all profile pics of them in a group and leave you to guess
which one is them lol...hmm is it first no second or third one...lol...
Come on one pic with friends is ok but all of them or a pic that is so dark
all you can make out is a shadow....
 Danteslnferno
Msg: 363
view profile
History
Posted: 12/8/2008 3:59:15 PM
hahahahaha mystry I agree with that ...

Or when they have 8 pictures like that, and everyone is standing in different positions, and they say "I'm the one in the middle" .... Good greif....

I also love pictures of pets. I love pets ... I don't want to date your pet. Play wiff em maybe, take the dog for a walk or to a park ... but I want to kiss you more than your dog ...

Speaking of pets ... What about pictures of people who have 8 cats, 10 dogs, 5 birds, a pig, and a partridge in a pear tree? Good lord ... first the stink in that house if they all still live inside. Second, I don't want to date a crazy cat lady with 35 cats ... yet. I'm too young still.

Those are just comments about pictures!!! How about people who say things like "I love to watch sports"? What they don't tell you is the sports they love watching are Professional Ballroom Dancing, Dancing With the Stars, So you Think You Can Dance, and Figure Skating!!!!
 mitchchan
Msg: 364
Posted: 12/8/2008 6:56:54 PM
1. spelling
2. no pics
3. guys flexing their muscles, showing off their cars/motorcycles, hounding by girls ,
4. shirtless men
5. not enough info about yourself in the profile
 Celticmist
Msg: 367
Posted: 12/9/2008 9:48:57 AM
My very favourite things on anyone's profile are the testomonials. You see women extolling the virtues of these wonderful, fantastic men to you. It always raises the question - "if they are that great, perfect etc, why aren't you keeping them?".
 Danteslnferno
Msg: 368
view profile
History
Posted: 12/9/2008 5:20:59 PM
Have you thought about maybe us guys aren't KEEPING THEM? lmao
 sharebear04
Msg: 369
Posted: 12/10/2008 11:07:57 PM
When people are smoking in their pics but in their profile it says they don't smoke. lol
 VainH
Msg: 372
view profile
History
Posted: 12/14/2008 7:05:05 AM
^^^ Maybe they mean repeated intimate encounters? Long term FWB's? Standing weekly engagement with no cash incentive? Seeking a second long term relationship with someone other than their spouse?

It doesn't sound all that intimate to me, which for me involves some sort of, I don't know, emotional connection? I guess you could call frequently masturbating with someone else's body parts a long term thing.
 luckeygirl79
Msg: 374
view profile
History
Posted: 12/16/2008 7:59:08 PM
I so have to agree. I think if thr is a girl in the pic explain who she is and if there is a pic of you with others point out who you.
 parableplayer
Msg: 377
Posted: 12/22/2008 2:40:59 AM
My pet peve is the photo with others...

There are at least two photos where I find "the other" more attractive and/or appealing to me.

What do you do?

"Hi I was reading your profile and looking at your photos. Who is the knockout standing next to you on the beach(at the bar/under the defecating cow)? I would realy like to know more about HER."

Get a cheap photo editing program and crop the out! No matter how ugly you think your friends are, someone somewhere will find them more attractive than you.

At least "tag" their names
Show ALL Forums  > Ontario  >