Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ontario  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 blondegirliee
Msg: 463
What is your #1 Pet Peeve in ProfilesPage 7 of 22    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22)
I have several which I keep seeing!

1. Pic of you holding a fish? Is that supposed to impress me?
2. Profiles with no pics...come on this is supposed to be a dating website.
3. People who want someone intelligent...but spell intelligent wrong.
4. People who say they don't smoke but have a cigarette in every pic?
5. Lying about you age.....why bother you will get found out.
6. Men who won't give BBW's a chance! I'm working on getting in shape and I'm a good person....!

Good luck to all. Not easy being on here!
 ACountryWalk
Msg: 464
What is your #1 Pet Peeve in Profiles
Posted: 10/15/2011 7:31:17 AM
people don't read the profile!!! when i say no contact without a picture they still contact. when i say no long distance they write to me from ??? idaho lol. ive blocked the married ones but the little bugars can still get through.!!
 Lionessx
Msg: 465
Posted: 10/15/2011 8:25:35 AM
This is one that irritates me and that is, putting this site down
 ontario_woman
Msg: 466
view profile
History
Posted: 10/20/2011 3:52:35 AM
Short or non-existing descriptions. Tell me about yourself!

Negativity of any sort is a big turn-off. We all had our hearts broken. Don't let it affect your future relationships.
 SocialLeper
Msg: 467
Posted: 10/20/2011 12:19:34 PM
Ok this has happened to me a few times and it's not really profile related, but it's a HUGE peeve.

People(in my case women) who email me first. Which is all well and good, since I get very little mail period. I'm happy about it. Then when I try to reply I find out they've blocked me? LOL. WTF is that? I've had one or two send me chat requests, then close and block me before I even typed one word. Strangeness.....
 ontario_woman
Msg: 468
view profile
History
Posted: 10/20/2011 12:29:24 PM
I had that happen to me too. Someone mailed me and when I responded, I was blocked!

Strange...
 SocialLeper
Msg: 469
Posted: 10/20/2011 12:32:33 PM
Maybe they feel they can't trust themselves around us? LOL.
 roghasp
Msg: 472
Posted: 10/28/2011 11:57:00 AM
I think the undecided\open response to the "wanting children" question is not indicative of someone searching for a woman of childbearing age. While I don't have children myself, at my age I am more likely than not to meet women with children.
I used the undecided\open response in my profile as I think every situation is unique and should be looked at accordingly.
For example I probably wouldn't be interested in someone with a baby/babies, as she would likely be too young for me, and I really have no interest in parenting or taking care of babies.
It also begs the question as to why someone with a baby or babies is single, and was their decision to procreate well thought out. Unless they were widowed I don't think I would have any interest in such a profile.
Conversely many women in my age group have adult children who have moved on to lives of their own, and it would be self-defeating if I said that I didn't want children in my profile.
 Poly4Fun
Msg: 474
Posted: 11/3/2011 6:41:50 AM
I have many...

1.) People who are obviously overweight and claim to have "average body types"
2.) Women who are listed under "intimate enconter" but then on their list of those who shouldn't message them are those seeking intimate encounter. That is the dumbest thing ever.
3.) Pretenders who don't post photos of themselves yet they demand that anyone who messages them has a photo.
4.) People who write essays in their profiles...like anybody is going to read through all that BS. Make a connection first then maybe someone will be interested in the rest of your personal likes and dislikes.
5.) Profiles in which the person sounds demanding, ignorant and full of themselves.

Those are just a few...But overall..I want to say this..If you have no intention of ever following through with a real life meeting why don't you state it in your profile? So many people on this site are a waste of your time. Its really maddening. Also, just say what you want....Nobody here knows you so they really don't have any clue what you are looking for unless you are honest. Good Luck.
 Poly4Fun
Msg: 475
Posted: 11/3/2011 6:46:44 AM
@ Idontact42.....

Yes I hear you....but a few women I have had correspondance with or the couple I have actually met in real life say they are overwhelmed by messages...so much so that one woman had to remove her profile because it was just too much. We are men and we get pretty much ZERO unsolicited messages. Some of these women, especially those who post pics and are half attractive get literally hundreds of messages a week...So that is the reason. Maybe there are too many desperate men who flood mailboxes with messages? Perhaps if women only had a few messages a week sent to them, they would respond...but I bet alot of them don't even read all their messages because there are too many.
 bootsy9
Msg: 476
Posted: 11/6/2011 4:32:59 AM
The more you read, the more you realize that what irritates one person, attracts the next. Some hate short profiles, some hate long ones, some want a reply of no interest, some say “why email me just to reject me?”, some want good grammar, some are irritated by people fussy about grammar. Seem to be very few rules of etiquette here that can be applied across the board, so if you do something that irritates people, who knows, the next person might find it charming.
 JP1111
Msg: 477
Posted: 11/6/2011 9:07:41 PM
Spelling mistakes and people who write a lot “alot”.
 Kohmelo
Msg: 478
view profile
History
Posted: 11/13/2011 7:24:37 PM
Cliche headlines,
GO TO MY PROFILE AND SEE THE PIC!
Seriously.
It's terrible!
 ACountryWalk
Msg: 479
Posted: 11/15/2011 8:22:37 PM
pictures of people that ive seen on here for years with the same picture. plus the ones with one picture and of course the ones with no picture or in private images nope!!! won't touch at all.
 lukasz1981
Msg: 480
Posted: 11/16/2011 4:01:52 AM
Meet Me feature. They clicked Meet Me, I send the message, and then no reply or anything.

Also dishonesty in profiles. One thing stated in the profiles but from no replies or lack of reply, they are definitely looking for something else. Don't understand that at all.
 ACountryWalk
Msg: 481
Posted: 11/24/2011 6:50:44 PM
yep meet me because ive never clicked on it but also one picture seriously people. I originally signed up ( so i thought) for a dating/relationship site not just a hey let's go to bed site. One picture ain't going no where with me at all!!!
 Sweet_Le_Senza
Msg: 482
view profile
History
Posted: 2/17/2012 5:39:07 PM
When the guy says in his subject line " just looking", like it's a ****ing car lot or something!
 Kohmelo
Msg: 483
view profile
History
Posted: 2/17/2012 7:00:28 PM

yep meet me because ive never clicked on it but also one picture seriously people. I originally signed up ( so i thought) for a dating/relationship site not just a hey let's go to bed site. One picture ain't going no where with me at all!!!

Try pressing the "View Profile" button. You don't actually make the determination off the picture... that said, I don't think I'd ever be interested in someone who couldn't find that button or made the determination about the feature without looking at it.
Kind of hyprcritical, don't you think?
 melaniee9999
Msg: 484
Posted: 3/22/2012 9:28:57 PM
for those of you who lack the knowledge.......
posting a photo when you are a professional person is NOT professional.
Would you like to see a picture of your Dr. and read all his personal business?
Some things should remain private and that is one of those situations.......just to give you an example. Since most of you are NOT PROFESSIONALS...you are not able to think outside the box...........
 ontario_woman
Msg: 485
view profile
History
Posted: 3/23/2012 4:40:53 AM

Some things should remain private and that is one of those situations.......just to give you an example. Since most of you are NOT PROFESSIONALS...you are not able to think outside the box...........

I think that most professionals are capable of determining for themselves the appropriateness of posting personal photos of themselves. It depends on the individual and their particular situation. If you don't feel comfortable posting a personal photo of yourself, so be it, but there is no reason to be insulting towards those of us who don't see a problem with it.

Personally, I wouldn't care if my Dr. posted a profile on here. They have lives too.
 Rob3444
Msg: 486
Posted: 3/28/2012 6:31:05 PM
1-Deliberately blurred poser pics like teen girls have on facebook. Show your best shot as to how good you actually can look but not some fakeish BS shot.

2-People that say they want to get to know you before sending a pic because it's about the inner person. That's an inner person that is afraid to show their face.

3-People that think an upside down pic is witty or funny.

4-Women that first go on about how their kid is always no. 1 and no man will change that. As if all the guys that want to change that will say- oh better be nice to the kid.

5-glass half full, lives to laugh, are the good men gone, I want a great man, all these are redundant trite sayings.
 Dbohemian1
Msg: 487
view profile
History
Posted: 3/31/2012 9:35:03 PM
Profiles without pics.
 The1youwantobewith
Msg: 488
Posted: 4/16/2012 1:58:36 PM
Mine is kind of too built Into one..It start's with the ladies who have a headline that goes something like this
Where are all the good guy's or some version of that .. Then you go to look at thier profile pic and you
See that they have a picture that has been cropped either that or someone is terrible at taking pictures because
Half your head is cut off so you can make sure you get in that clevage shot ..
 Route66
Msg: 489
view profile
History
Posted: 4/17/2012 1:21:05 PM
They should call pof the" Liars Club", makes the whole thing look like a joke! Every woman I met on here has lied profusily on their profile,but unfortunately it starts with their photos,most of which are from years ago,looks nothing like them now.And that it is scary,just for starters! LOL. They say they don't drink much,but my last 2 dates actually asked me to meet them at a local bar,they both got hammered drunk,then said lets go back to your place,for sex of course,.So now I take each profile of women with a grain of salt!
 Maillesmith
Msg: 490
Posted: 4/19/2012 7:29:37 PM

How do you mean we are not professionals? A tradesman is a professional, just in a different aspect (and in my eyes, paper pushers need to get a REAL JOB) And thinking outside the box means to do things different then the norm. And by not posting your picture on your profile, you are thinking inside the box as you are doing the same thing that these "professionals" are doing.

My biggest PFH (gotta love the late George Carlin) lately on PoF has got to be how you seem to "hit it off" with a woman on the site, make arrangements to meet with them only to have them cancel the day of your first meeting. It's becoming a disturbingly frequent occurance, a trend even; that has involved without a word of a lie the past 6 women that I was supposed to meet.

That and the "looking for real" lines. Makes me think of the neverending story 2:

Bastian: Atreyu, get real.
Atreyu: But I am real. What do you mean by "getting real?"
Bastian: Nothing. It's a joke.
Atreyu: Being real is a joke in your world?
Show ALL Forums  > Ontario  >