Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ontario  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 humbledtomeetu
Msg: 491
What is your #1 Pet Peeve in ProfilesPage 8 of 22    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22)
without a doubt.......people that post pictures of children or others that are not aware their pictures are being viewed.
while i'm on that subject of pictures..i was looking at this chick's profile, she had some pictures of her holiday..one picture she was sitting in a short dress on a rotunda in front of a hotel..........she quite clearly was sans panties, i told her this (she didn't seem the type to knowingly post), that her landing strip was viewable. damn she might as well have had those guys directing planes on the ground to it. she stopped chatting with me and within minutes her picture was removed and replaced. I wonder how many family and friends saw this and didn't tell her.........

From a moralistic standpoint was i right to inform her? and was she right to stop chatting with me?
ron
 123winkzz
Msg: 492
What is your #1 Pet Peeve in Profiles
Posted: 5/1/2012 10:26:30 AM
I agree this is NO place for pictures of Children!!!!
Are people realy that nieve....there r sickos EVERYWHERE! and hello the net< GOD think about it!!!!
 LovingThisNewCanvas
Msg: 493
Posted: 5/1/2012 1:51:56 PM
I'd have to say that my pet peeves in women's profiles is when they list all their pet peeves about men's profiles. Some people are so focused on explaining what they don't want , they come across as overly negative and that's a big turn off for me. Just focus on the "positives" and what you are looking for and you'll eventually find it.
 WFforDarkMate
Msg: 494
Posted: 5/10/2012 7:40:02 PM
number one, people describing themselves as one thing and photo or reality does not match. recent photos people! and if u have a few extra pounds that is NOT 50 lbs, few means few like 20 or less. If you are big, say you are. just like if you are skinny the same. last 3 guys to contact me with a 'few' extra pounds were almost 100 lbs overweight. 300 to 400 lbs only is proportionate if you are seven feet tall! it is not if you are under six feet. especially when you admit the photo is not 'quite current'. One day, if you get on, you will meet. face to face don't lie.
 coyotefeller
Msg: 495
Posted: 5/11/2012 3:39:42 PM
few means few like 20 or less.

So why are you listed as average.....as opposed to
"A few extra pounds".....which is what you seem
to be to me !? ....just wondering if there is some
visual impairment you may have. :)
Don't read what I am not saying, OK !....I don't
mind a heavy girl even!
Originally I came here to mention a pet peeve,
which had nothing to do with pof really ....then
you took the wind out of my sail ! ...shucks!
I was going to say I didn't like the lumping
of things together that aren't obvious, like....
.....Women and Minorities.....lol
 MrDubStep
Msg: 496
Posted: 5/12/2012 10:02:41 AM

"I'm looking for a nice guy"
*rolls eyes*

I'm getting tired of hearing this BS!
When! I woman finds that so called "nice guy" they find a way to **** It all up.
 Maillesmith
Msg: 497
Posted: 5/13/2012 10:27:45 PM
#2 pet peeve or as the Late G.C. says PFH:

"Family is the most important thing to me"

A cliche line that sounds good, but is bunk.

How many of these women would be willing to downgrade and demoralize their "value" to the opposite sex by moving in with their parents to help keep the house in the family instead of letting them go broke and lose it all? I'm well aware that living in the same home as my mother makes me much less appealling to women, but my responsibility to family superceedes my own desires.

That's it, run ladies. A 29 year old man that pays his mother's mortgage and lives in the basement apartment, and has a 2 year old son in his custody to boot. Keep claiming your values as true until the time comes when you have to sacrifice more than a day or two to the people that brought you into this world.

Moving into my mother's house has hobbled me financially and crippled me socially. But that's what I owe her. My life. That's what true commitment to family is.
 kjljjlk
Msg: 499
view profile
History
Posted: 5/16/2012 2:29:52 PM

"Family is the most important thing to me"

How many of these women would be willing to downgrade and demoralize their "value" to the opposite sex by moving in with their parents to help keep the house in the family instead of letting them go broke and lose it all? I'm well aware that living in the same home as my mother makes me much less appealling to women, but my responsibility to family superceedes my own desires.

That's it, run ladies. A 29 year old man that pays his mother's mortgage and lives in the basement apartment, and has a 2 year old son in his custody to boot. Keep claiming your values as true until the time comes when you have to sacrifice more than a day or two to the people that brought you into this world.

Moving into my mother's house has hobbled me financially and crippled me socially. But that's what I owe her. My life. That's what true commitment to family is.

Amen! My friend well said I'm currently in the same predicament, just not struggling financially more socially.
 cathybait
Msg: 500
Posted: 5/25/2012 5:27:16 PM
I'm not sure if's it's my number one pet peeve but I will go with not having a recent picture of oneself and having one of when your way younger, it's fine if you have a recent one up, but just one's of when your younger, it's best not to just post one if you can't post a recent one, besides picture's of the past I believe that's something that can be shared when your in a relationship with someone.
 RockinRollMan
Msg: 501
Posted: 5/28/2012 7:09:35 PM
Here is what really irks me:

'Ask me' written about infinity times. Sorry ladies, but I ain't playing 50 Questions, either put in the effort or get off the site.

The inability to black out friends and children's faces in photographs. Sorry, but I want to know what YOU look like, not the slimmer woman with the perky boobs next to you. Also, children should not be in your photographs, that can cause some serious creeper issues.

Women who feel the need to show off every bloody tattoo and piercing. For one, that's a horrible obsession and having a billion piercings on your body makes you look like a tool, and we don't need to see 15 pictures of all your tattoos and one full body shot. I put one or two pictures up and that's it, keep it simple stupid as they say.
 cathybait
Msg: 502
Posted: 6/1/2012 2:21:37 PM
Okay this is defiantly my #1 Pet Peeve in profiles, they are married, this is a dating site, I need not say any more.
 btr2day
Msg: 503
Posted: 6/1/2012 2:36:45 PM
I have my pic. ya over weight and 52 but I work am honest, loving and sincer I work with the disabled I dont judge anyone people have to take me the way I am!
 Sanxioned
Msg: 504
Posted: 6/6/2012 9:46:34 AM
Haven't been here long, but so far it's the nearly empty "About Me" sections that tick me off. I mean, a small paragraph will enable people to respond with something meaningful instead of searching for something that is remotely unique and intriguing. Not saying you should have a wall of text like me, but really, a few lines would be helpful =/
 Greanize
Msg: 505
Posted: 6/6/2012 10:21:07 AM
I hate headlines that say...looking for a good hearted woman! REALLY??? As opposed to a bad hearted woman? Or are you looking for a good heart because someone in your family needs a transplant?
 mtluggage
Msg: 506
Posted: 6/6/2012 7:56:12 PM
Photos of younger years. I hate the thought of knowing she is still showing off those perky ones and a round butt from days gone by. I'll look at her daughter for a reference to the past - lol
 keeping_it_simple
Msg: 507
Posted: 6/11/2012 9:21:12 PM
My number 1 pet peeve is people who have pet peeves! ;)
 delightful_m
Msg: 508
Posted: 6/13/2012 8:52:57 AM
Lack of message replies, gets me!! Yeah i know, women on here are swamped with them!! To bad the site doesn't have a bulk delete function, like email accounts do. Then it would give the ladies more time to select the good messages they want to read. Even for me it would work in the 'sent' area. As it is now, have to scroll to the last page , then check box at top, then scroll to bottom of page to delete. Well there's my 2 cents
 ShadyCanady
Msg: 510
Posted: 7/4/2012 4:46:30 AM
People that have a laundry list of qualities of people they won't date. I read people say they are bbw so deal with it but then they won't speak to someone over 33. I just don't get it. Karma is real and a ****. Judge people get judged, don't judge don't get judged. Simple
 loveliveshere2012
Msg: 511
Posted: 7/5/2012 7:50:06 PM
and another one people who don't read specifics on profiles !!!!
 Spring_weather
Msg: 512
Posted: 7/6/2012 8:27:56 AM
My pet peeves in profiles are people that say they are attractive. They don't need to advertise the fact; also that only want somebody college or university educated. Or they say they only want very good looking people to talk to. The list goes on!
 Bestknight
Msg: 513
Posted: 7/6/2012 6:15:46 PM
Women who do NOT read at least the main part of my profile age -- Religion-- Marital Status ...

Then maybe two or 3 messages later they ask me a question Like they never knew that... eventhough it has been on my profile the entire time. grrr :(
stayin happy though.
 loveliveshere2012
Msg: 514
Posted: 7/13/2012 7:15:45 PM
When they don't actually read your profile, write to you after you've said in your profile certain things you are/are not looking for but they write to you and then get pissed off when you say did you read my profile!! Just happened have certain kinda restrictions buddy writes to me then says im too picky well sweetheart if you read the profile in the first place you could have saved us both alot of time!!!
 skyrimfan
Msg: 515
Posted: 10/18/2012 7:50:14 AM
Not Single/Not Looking? What the hell are you doing here then?
 donfoster
Msg: 516
Posted: 10/21/2012 3:43:01 AM
My pet peeve - grammer instead of the correct spelling, grammar - lol.
 SweetLilGTP
Msg: 517
Posted: 10/24/2012 5:45:56 PM

My pet peeves in profiles are people that say they are attractive

Haha; ya.

Same thing when they say they are a nice person, or anything else that isnt even really their judgement to make.

One thing that bugs me is that 125 profiles are almost exactly the same; that's dry.
Show ALL Forums  > Ontario  >