Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Travel  > Best Place You've Ever Been?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 austwadd22
Msg: 7
Best Place You've Ever Been?Page 3 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
most beautiful is probably key west Florida, it's tropical has great ocean views and awesome sites in general.
Most Romantic is probably Riviera Maya Mexico, because it was awesome and pretty much everybody was at peace and doing there own thing and got their own private bungalows.
Most interesting would probably be Mexico as well, foreign language, naming your own price for goods, new culture just in general the area was new and interesting and has a mysterious past with the mayans and their cities left behind.
 Dave of Indiana
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Best Place You've Ever Been?
Posted: 7/17/2009 8:04:00 AM
Singapore. I've travelled alot on business and my favorite city is Singapore.
 us66
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 7/17/2009 4:41:04 PM
The best places are sometimes the least thought of. Everyone heads for the Caribbean and its a bore. Other places like Hawaii and such are a big tourist trap and built up as such. I think the best places and most romantic are places such as Eastern Europe which is breathtaking, and south east Asia, like Thailand (if you get out of Bangkok).
 living*a*fable
Msg: 10
Posted: 7/20/2009 11:44:11 AM
most beautiful....where i am living now....Hvar Island, Croatia
most romantic....Rome
most interesting....also Rome
 Cupcake008
Msg: 11
Posted: 7/20/2009 11:52:23 PM
Most Beautiful - Cairo, Egypt
Most Romantic - Acapulco, Mexico
Most Interesting - Malaga, Spain
 Cupcake008
Msg: 12
Posted: 7/20/2009 11:53:23 PM
Oh, and great question by the way. Made me think happy thoughts.
 melzza
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 7/23/2009 1:53:58 PM
Most beautiful : Sri Lanka

Most Romantic: Kenya

Most interesting: Rome

oversall the best place Sri Lanka, Lovely people, hospitable, buddhism religion therefore peaceful. Wonderful beaches, elephant orphange, fantastic tea plantations, not expensive, they dont rip you off, there are not too many tourists a real jewel in the indian ocean. Took my 5 and 8 yeard old children who were very welcomed.

I say i would never go back to a place once i have been there as there are too many places in the world to visit, but i would go back to Sri Lanka.
 MarkInCNJ
Msg: 14
Posted: 7/23/2009 4:12:21 PM
I would have to say Rome and Florence Italy, it was beautiful. My second would have to be skiing at Zermatt Switzerland.
 Wyatt Earp1
Msg: 15
Posted: 7/23/2009 8:20:58 PM
Okay, we had a thread running here on the worst place people had ever been, so how about this?

Name the best place you have ever been - and why! But let's make this a little more intersting - best place in the following categories:

Most Beautiful
Most Romantic
Most Intersting

Most beautiful-Voss-Norway or Baxter State Park, Maine (runner up-Smokey Mts.)

Most Romantic-Niagra Falls-Canadian side, Acadia National Park-Maine, Venice at night going down the canal...or waking up on the Island Lido and swimming in the Adriatic. Also renting out an island on Lake George-NY at sunset.

Most interesting-Paris-that's where my whole trip started and I was at this Youth
Hostel on...Rue De Nestle? in the Latin Quarters...there was cool music and I think incense burning when I got there...met all my friends there who I kept bumping into in different countries the rest of the summer....

Quebec in Canada was really cool and very interesting. The people are great.
 Wyatt Earp1
Msg: 16
Posted: 7/23/2009 8:22:48 PM
I don't want to forget Arizona and the Grand Canyon, Colorado and her mountains (+ people) and New Hampshires Kankamungus highway...

I have lot's more but this is enough for today :D
 Chiwrtr72
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 7/25/2009 7:35:43 AM
Most Beautiful - Petra Jordan
Most Romantic - Edinburgh Scotland
Most Interesting - Cappadocia Turkey
 map1984
Msg: 18
Posted: 7/30/2009 10:45:09 PM
Makarska Croatia .... paradise croatian style

Island of Pag, Croatia ... ive never seen a party like that and i went to 05` spring break cancun (which was pretty nuts too)

but cancun fell off i went last summer sucked ass, hurricanes are really hurting the Caribbean

like im croatian and obviously i love my country but out of all the places ive been too i never had so much fun in my life, and at a amazing cost, you wont believe the prices there
 jkhac0952
Msg: 19
Posted: 8/1/2009 8:51:12 AM
Haven't been there yet, but, still looking to find it, both romatically, and beauty.
 5dMikeii
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 12/16/2009 9:08:05 PM
For me, as a person that loves history, the best place I've ever visited would have to be Istanbul. That city was beautiful and lively, and the centuries of living history there just filled my heart with awe. To be able to walk on the same marble floor that Roman Emperors walked on was breathtaking to me. And not in ruins, like in Athens or other spots throughout Europe, but in fully functional, continuously inhabited buildings.
 ~1happywoman~
Msg: 21
Posted: 12/19/2009 5:11:17 PM
New Zealand - there is truly a picture around every corner!
 ggr46
Msg: 22
Posted: 1/10/2010 3:43:36 PM
Loved Western australia in general, has amazing sights from desert to huge cliffs,
Montreal is great, awesome cafe culture and social atmosphere.
 Kelley-fish
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 2/1/2010 10:37:29 AM
Beautiful - Batu Karas, Indonesia
Romantic - Lisbon, Portugal
Interesting: Tokyo, Japan

I'm from Vancouver "The best place on Earth." What a joke.
 Big_fun_wave
Msg: 24
Posted: 5/6/2010 2:38:10 PM
Of all the places I've visited. I really liked all except one I will not mention. But the places I visited that really stand out to me, are Thailand and Malaysia. I like the USA as well (surprise)
 Theleakypen
Msg: 25
Posted: 5/24/2010 5:46:27 AM
Most Beautiful Places:
It's a toss up between the Alcazar in Seville (It's a beautiful old Moorish fort), the Sagrada Familia in Barcelona and Lantau Island in Hong Kong.

Most Romantic Places:
Venice or Rome.

Most Interesting:
This one's a bit more difficult because places are interesting for different reasons.
The Angkor Wat temple ruins surrounding Siem Reap are amazing if you're interested in exploring temples ruins.
If you're interested in Art and architecture, most places in Italy are a good bet.
I also really enjoyed exploring Scottish highlands as well as Edinburgh. The country has a very long and colourful history. Being there kind of felt like home.

That's just my .02. I guess it doesn't really matter where you go; Everywhere is a little different and you can always find something "Beautiful" "Romantic" and "Interesting" about the place if you really try :)
 Crystalriver
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Posted: 6/9/2010 2:31:05 PM
Love London also - and the places around London - Always loved English history -
Plus Paris - and the Chateau districts with Chinonceau(sp) and some others, the Southern Coast of France/Spain/French and Italian Riviera they call it -

Loved Barcelona and the architecture - so fanciful

Plus Luxor in Egypt - so many sites close it it when you stay at the Hotel there.
 arwen52
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Posted: 6/27/2010 8:50:44 PM
Schilpario, the mountain village in northern Italy where my grandmother was born. But of course, I'm prejudiced. If you go, bring your phrasebook. No one speaks English except old Professor Spada.
 WatercolourWorld
Msg: 28
Posted: 9/9/2010 8:36:30 PM
This summer I managed to go to England, Scotland and.... the best of all was... the 2 week diversion to Miramar, Spain (village of 2,000) fabulous people, right on the mediteranean ocean. Truly heaven.. .felt like home.
 kbodley
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 9/10/2010 8:12:46 PM
Hmmmmmm! I wonder if people from Europe, Australia, Germany, . . . would offer places in the USA as answers to this question??

I find it interesting that no one offers anyplace in our beautiful country as best of something?????
 dawntreader10
Msg: 30
Posted: 12/28/2010 7:25:31 AM
I need to expand my list of foreign areas visited, lol....

Best: all the way through the Sierra Madre Range in Mexico. GORGEOUS, and people awesome.
Worst: sorry, hate to say it, but anywhere on the border between Mexico/US. And not fond of coastal Mexico.
Most romantic: Oahu.
 Ymotme
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 12/23/2012 10:04:07 AM
There are so many "best places" in this world. My most resent was the South Georgia Islands on the way to Antarctica. The penguins and seals were just amazing. I feel truly fortunate to have been there.
Show ALL Forums  > Travel  > Best Place You've Ever Been?